It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gasoline Prices In Your Area.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by MattC

Whose bragging about paying 3 or 4 a gallon? it sucks! consider 11 years ago it was less than a $1 a gallon on the east coast. Thanks George Asshat Bush

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Netherlands : 8.56 US dollars for a gallon

just outright stealing.

our gas is taxed THREE times.

ETA:

don't tell me it's not stealing.
i've worked at a gas station, man i felt ashamed when someone had to pay 135 EUROS just to fill their tank up once.

admittedly the guy could afford it but still it's ridiculous.
edit on 20-1-2012 by kn0wh0w because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   
In Melbourne Australia it is around $1.35 a litre.

Metric system > Whatever Americans use

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Here is your easy conversion.

1 Gallon = 3.78541178 Liters

www.calculateme.com...

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Good string. It's very interesting how the price varies. What about milk and diapers?

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Magnificient
Good string. It's very interesting how the price varies. What about milk and diapers?

Well,here is one place to check it out.

www.dailyfinance.com...

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   
The best site, probably already posted, is [color=gold]Gas Buddy Link.

The link goes to Twin Cities Minneapolis/St.Paul location but if you zoom out... way out you can get a better

idea of USA prices.

There are also charts on their site to show trends over user defined time periods, comparing by location.

Gas was at $100 a barrel for a long time and we had 30% cheaper gas a year ago *I think*.

Why hasn't the price returned after that last price increase and decrease!?!?
Remember Libya, Tunisia etc...

Important

Consider this: America is very spread out.

With the except of the eastern & north-eastern areas.

Our suburban and highways were designed to be this way.

It's not unusual for midwest and western Americans to travel 40-50 miles to work AND play.

(my MINIMUM commute to work has been 16 miles at closest and as much as 45 miles.)

Our controllers KNOW that Americans start waking up when per gallon gas price reaches $5.00.

They keep the price "mildly painful" so that even more American's won't wake up; they just complain.

TPTB are deathly afraid of the American people waking up.

However, since this is a conspiracy site, I'll add, check out Lindsey Williams on you tube regarding oil prices.

Its a trip down the rabbit hole.
edit on 1·20·12 by DrMattMaddix because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   
My area, it's still $3.20 or so, fluctuates around there, or higher(up to $3.70), hasn't been under $3.00 in a long time. Lower than last year at least! I hear it's gas stations adding on extra money, well, because they can... people don't say much. Why is it higher on the coasts?: map of US gas prices
edit on 20-1-2012 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Gasbuddy can save you a lot of work. I'm paying $3.89 for diesel on the reservation. (The Rez doesn't pay some of the gas taxes others do.)

Now, what's the CHEAPEST you've ever seen it? Personally. No fair in old pictures.

1966: 24.9 cents a gallon.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   
1,75 €/liter
How do you fancy THAT for cost per kilometer (or mile if you fancy...)
Do the math and you will be surprised at how expensive life can be.
Now consider that this is happening in Greece...

Yours truly,
GEORGE THE GREEK

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Last time I filled up(about 3 weeks ago?) it was down to $2.92 a gallon. It's up to $3.26 but one gas station in town had it for $2.94 a gallon yesterday. I needed to fill up again so I lucked out and stopped there. 24 hours later it's $3.24. Right place...right time.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by SaMgLo87

Indiana prices are about 3.45. Government has to raise the price to drop the demand...but still hasnt worked look for them to raise the price more and more.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by GEORGETHEGREEK
1,75 €/liter
How do you fancy THAT for cost per kilometer (or mile if you fancy...)
Do the math and you will be surprised at how expensive life can be.
Now consider that this is happening in Greece...

Yours truly,
GEORGE THE GREEK

Geez, one of my good friends names himself George and is from Greece. (He paints houses.) Well, George, if you dump the Euro, will it get better? I've still got some old Greek money....

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   

you guys in the US are still 'lucky' (I jest not) we in Australia are paying $6.00 plus a gallon,does'nt take much to work out whose doing the rip.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   
In1972 I could buy farm gas for 21 cents an imperal gallon in Canada. Under 10 bucks for a 45 gallon drum. Now that same $10 drum would cost about $225.00

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Well I just drove my daughter to University in London, a trip of around 120 miles.

The return journey cost me £62.00 or $96.00 and that is in a very small car by US standards!

I was in Santa Barbara the other month and a cashier at the gas station thought I was crazy when I told her how happy I was to be able to fill up my tank for the amazingly low price of $40!!! Lol

I was grinning all the while but crying when I got back to the UK

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   
3.939 here on the coast in crescent City Ca but it is way cheaper any town in either direction! we are price gouged!
3.35 at Fred Meyer 30 minuets away in Brookings Or.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by jeleigh752

you guys in the US are still 'lucky' (I jest not) we in Australia are paying $6.00 plus a gallon,does'nt take much to work out whose doing the rip.

Well I don't know about you, but with our wages we can barely pay gas to get to work so if it keeps going up we will need a motor scooter!

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   
3.85 In No Cal.
However milk is what is really going up. $7 a gallon if I don't want to drive very far.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Alabama
3.21 about the lowest now. Was down to 2.99 around Christmas (sad that's exciting).

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join