It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gasoline Prices In Your Area.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by rick004

Sorry it's really 4.58 a gallon in Ottawa Canada ! We're still getting RAPED !!!

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep

Originally posted by SaMgLo87
reply to post by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep

Whoa! 1.50 a liter? Are you sure? There is 3.79 liters in a gallon. so 3.79 x 1.50 = 5.69 a gallon!!!

is that right? geeze! Where are you?

South Africa mate. I know its very expensive.

That is why i always giggle inside when i hear you guys complain about petrol prices in America! lol

Our petrol price also fluctuates every month, so one month it might be 5.69 a gallon, the next maybe 5.00, next time maybe 5.80, it is really ridiculous.

vvv

Yes, that is INSANE!!!! I just don't understand how they expect people to afford LIFE!!!! You need to get a second job for your gas tank!

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 08:18 AM
link   

I don't want to start another thread on CIGS, but DAMN, down in manhattan you will pay 14 dollars average for a pack of newports, down in brigantine, atlantic city area (not sure if this goes for other parts of jersey) you can get TWO packs of newports for 15 dollars (when you buy two). UNREAL!!!!

lol

When it gets so cigarettes though, its cheap here!!

For a pack of 20 brand name cigarettes, its about 2.50 - 3.50 dollars!!

You can even find cheaper ones that is about 1.50 for a pack of twenty.

vvv

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Leeds, North West England.

Petrol:
£1.29 Litre - Morrisons supermarket
£1.31 Litre - Texeco

Disel:
£1.36 Litre - Morrison's
£1.39 Litre - Texeco

My car does 110miles to £20, I have to put £20 in my car every two days, and its only a 1.2 litre lol. . .

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 08:19 AM
link   
In Wales i'm paying £5.33 for the equivalent US Gallon, which is working out to $8.25/Gallon!!

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by SaMgLo87

In Philadelphia its about $3.45-$3.50 a gallon :-x there was a week we dropped as low as $3.19, It was like Christmas!

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 08:22 AM
link   
£1.34 a litre here in the UK.....4.54 litres in a gallon.....$1.54 dollars to the pound....$9.36 a gallon!!!!

And you think you have it bad over the pond LOL.

Ooooh and ciggys are stupid as well.....cheap brands like Mayfair are £6.23 a box ($9.59) and better brands like B&H are £7.80 ($12.01) grrrrrrrrrrrrrr i hate my thieving government SOOOOOO MUCH!!!
edit on 20-1-2012 by loves a conspiricy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep

I don't want to start another thread on CIGS, but DAMN, down in manhattan you will pay 14 dollars average for a pack of newports, down in brigantine, atlantic city area (not sure if this goes for other parts of jersey) you can get TWO packs of newports for 15 dollars (when you buy two). UNREAL!!!!

lol

When it gets so cigarettes though, its cheap here!!

For a pack of 20 brand name cigarettes, its about 2.50 - 3.50 dollars!!

You can even find cheaper ones that is about 1.50 for a pack of twenty.

vvv

Oh ok, so you guys got us beat by a long shot on the cigs! Wow, imagine cigs that cheap. I think the reason why so many people consider quitting is because of the cost. I spend roughly 600 dollars a month on cigs. 2 packs a day!

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Another thing thats ridiculous is Ottawa Canada borders Quebec Canada , a lot of people work in ottawa but live in Quebec . I have seen the price difference be as much as 15 cents a litre difference which Is about 55 cents a gallon between provinces ! Also gas prices fluctuate on a daily basis as much as 10 cents a litre from morning to night !

link   

Originally posted by loves a conspiricy
£1.34 a litre here in the UK.....4.54 litres in a gallon.....$1.54 dollars to the pound....$9.36 a gallon!!!!

there is 3.79 liters in a gallon not 4.54. I personally think that the metric system makes much more sense. liter, meter, etc. Not gallon and miles and blah blah blah.

link   

O, I totally agree. It really isnt fair at all. We took a road trip to Wisconsin. NEVER again! The amount we paid in gas going to and from, woulda been so much cheaper if I wasnt afraid of flying. But I promised next trip out there, we WILL be flying. And I know about the smoke price difference also...

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by rick004
Another thing thats ridiculous is Ottawa Canada borders Quebec Canada , a lot of people work in ottawa but live in Quebec . I have seen the price difference be as much as 15 cents a litre difference which Is about 55 cents a gallon between provinces ! Also gas prices fluctuate on a daily basis as much as 10 cents a litre from morning to night !

So ridiculous. And it makes you wonder why we are still using gasoline for our vehicles. When we dont have to!!!!

It is a controlled world we live in!

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Britx

We had a few days in December where it actually dropped to $2.98 a gallon..Everyone was filling there tanks like mad because we knew the next day, it mighta been back up to $3 something a gallon

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 08:31 AM
link   

there is 3.79 liters in a gallon not 4.54. I personally think that the metric system makes much more sense. liter, meter, etc. Not gallon and miles and blah blah blah.

It seems the US gallon and the UK gallon are two different measures !

UK is 4.54 litres per gallon.

US is 3.78 litres per gallon.

Who'd have thunked it.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by InitiumArietis
In Wales i'm paying £5.33 for the equivalent US Gallon, which is working out to $8.25/Gallon!!

Ok, i'm going to have to smack the heck out of whoever is making gas that expensive in your area. I cannot believe the prices i'm hearing, i'm glad I asked! I won't feel so bad now when I pay my 3.80 a gallon USD.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 08:32 AM
link   

No

Actually it's

UK gallon = 4.54609188 litres
US gallon = 3.7854118 liters

So you're both right.

ETA : Someone beat me to it

But either way.... BOTH are WAY too expensive man.

Seriously, It's beyond a joke.

A couple of years back it was £1.37p a litre... then they dropped it right down to 0.88p a litre.... NOW it's back up to £1.32 a litre.

It's getting to be waaaaay too expensive....
edit on 20/1/12 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by ken10

It seems the US gallon and the UK gallon are two different measures !

UK is 4.54 litres per gallon.

US is 3.78 litres per gallon.

Who'd have thunked it.

Get out of here! You have to be kidding right? Why? That makes NO sense to me haha. Wow, this world is twisted. So I wonder if I have 4 apples and 2 oranges in the USA, and bring them to the UK, does it morph into 3 apples and 1 orange and 2 pears? haha!

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Regular is 3.59 Western MN, USA

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gridrebel

Regular is 3.59 Western MN, USA

Not horrible.......i guess. Some of the other prices i'm hearing are outrageous! I like your signature btw, I just said that to my GF last night, I was like, "why is it when you are wrong you get so damn loud and bitchy" hahahaha.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by j.r.c.b.

Where are you located?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join