It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fired Vatican Hebrew Translator exposes the OT for what it is in his LITERAL translation of the Hebr

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by NewtonDKC

ruach, i believe is an early form of ashur/asher (who is enlil) and his asherah, who is his "spirit", is female.
the good news is that HAYAH ASHER HAYAH is EA (Enki) and ENLIL, his asher or asherah.

hayah=ayah (EA, who is Enki)
edit on 20-1-2012 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Onboard2
How Mike? I only hear the Christians talk about faith? Where is the spiritual growth? There is a difference between faith and knowing what we can actually attain.

You weren't addressing me, but funny you mention not only spiritual growth but "raising" your vibrations in your prior reply.

I spent almost 4 years in a very active new age community where I kept an open mind and observed those around me. In the end the "spiritual growth" of my friends didn't match their extremely syncretic rhetoric.

Then, between my 3rd and 4th year amongst that community, I found myself doing some work with some small town bible-belt type Christians who totally blew my mind with their sincerity and obvious spiritual growth. Contrary to popular portrayal, this group was actually much more accepting of folk than the new agers were of Christians.

It was...eye-opening. The dichotomy, even though I at first didn't want to accept it, was significant imo. I know some of the "gurus," best-selling authors, and "shamans" of the new age movement and no matter what they perceive their "vibrations" to be, I found them to be shockingly neurotic.

I still see some of my new age friends and love them, but for the most part they don't have anything I want in my life and aspire to.

Not a hater, just my experience and interpretation of what I saw.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   
michael s. heiser elaborates on the word elohim being a reference to place of residence, in this case a spiritual dimension. and thus you can see the word, elohim, used to refer to the dearly departed, angels, and gods, interchangeably, thru out the text of the bible. if that's the case, elohim is also intimately connected to ruach in the sense of "wind" and travelling device AND spirit.

just to give you some idea what that could mean, considering the wind is the abyss, the abzu of enki, the bottomless pit out of which things are "created".

now watch these next two videos and be floored

notice the "wind" in that video and clouds. whirlwind. remember that now watch this

Google Video Link

SO there you have Ruach hovering over the "abyss"

not water, but abyss. these are not synonmous.
there's an abyss in the water, but it is not "water"
edit on 20-1-2012 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by JonU2

Originally posted by mcdgray129

Originally posted by borntowatch
Evidently I am a Christard, how quaint.
The fact that history came to the Jews via an alternate source (Sumerians or whoever) isnt surprising is it, really?
Thats because its history and the Jews as a race didnt exist prior till then
I have no doubt the ANE cultures had the foundations of history and even knew about a coming Messiah.
Its not that hard to comprehend really, is it???
Adam was the father of all the nations and Noah after, as well, obviously every culture from the Ancient Near East would have known of Yahweh.........obviously.
This is fairly bland at best, interesting and different but just poorly assumed history.
This Christard will dismiss this fella in the youtube vid as a little strange.

I have to agree after watching the rest of the videos. This guy is definitely not on about god and is doing the same think he is accusing the bible of doing, putting his own ideas into the translation.
And by the 3rd and 4rd video its like he is talking about someone who would not be god, but a devil..

Spoken like a true christian......as has already been mentioned, the brainwashing over the years has worked and christians just cannot get their heads around the words LITERAL TRANSLATION!!!
The whole story of the OT was CHANGED on purpose - which is the one that you believe!! So, you believe in a story that was deliberately manipulated by other human beings..........

Of couse, all christians will find some way to try and make out that this is not true and that the LITERAL TRANSLATION is incorrect.......human nature I guess, when faced with the truth that contradicts your firm beliefs.

I agree i am a true Christian, but i am very open minded in my believes.
I believe the bible has been changed alot, but not into what this guy believes, i was with him from the first 2 videos until he started saying god wanted burned meat... I mean come on, why would a god that made us want burned meat?? that seems more like what we would want -_- ...
So what he is accusing the bible of, he is doing the same thing by putting his own words into it.
Look at how much of his own detail of what them words mean he goes into, does that not make no sense to you??.. The bible is free he has a book to sell, that should be enough to end this topic...

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by TC Mike
If any other religion was put on trial as much as christianity was, well they just are not. Only christianity will be attacked all day long and no one will question why, but if there is something questionable about another religion it is just not reported.

Ahh yes, christianity...being attacked clearly with these videos
because as we all know, christianity = old testiment.

no dude, if anything, judism is being "attacked" here..(and by attacked, the actuality is being understood).
Christians simply are the ones to cry out falsely about being attacked all the time, and demand all attacks are against them
disingenious to a laughable degree.

Anyhow, hard to stand on christianity, or islam, when the core is being kicked away (aka, judism)...but you can believe in any unicorn dream you want...just eventually society will wise up and stop giving churches tax breaks.

The doctorine that comes from the New Testament of the Bible has stood attacks for 2000 years,

more like about a thousand..give or take. But big whoop..the ancient gods lead for about 10 thousands of years unquestioned. 1k years is nothing, and is already eroding into fractions, subfractions, and being abandoned in droves (fractions meaning the variations of christianity, and of course islam)

its not going to go away, no matter if aliens materialize before everyone and proclaim that they "engineered" us as a human race.

And what does that say..people will still believe even when its proven absolutely false...well, some people will believe anything. I have met people whom believe in fairys..and I imagine there are still some people that believe in santa clause, even though they are adults. Of course those people are also typically mentally challenged.

Christians now are understanding science in a way that will cause the evolutionary thinking people to not have any good rebutals.

You cant reason with crazy people demanding their delusions are more important than actual facts...don't mistake intellects walking away from you as winning a discussion, its them realizing they would have more success teaching physics to a cat than have a reasonable discussion with the nuts.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by mcdgray129

Well the book we now know as the bible says that he wanted to smell the offerings so if you're trying to discredit this guy by saying his beliefs are ridiculous, remember that they were taken directly from your precious book.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   
The Sumerians weren't talking about religion. They were writing about our actual history.

As time went by, thousands of years, it turned into faith, and then the bible. It's really that simple, except when you understand it, it changes everything that we've been taught to believe about creation and god.

edit on 20-1-2012 by mrnotobc because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   

I agree i am a true Christian, but i am very open minded in my believes.
I believe the bible has been changed alot,

then how are you a christian?
If you accept the absolute historical provable fact that is been changed into something completely different than how it reads, then you must question all things about it...
like me saying I am a lord of the rings fan, but don't think the book I read is the lord of the rings...still, I like the title, so will say I am a fan anyhow...without any clue what the lotr's is

makes no sense..fear response..sure, I believe totally in that god from the book..I just don't believe the book..erm..I mean I do, but I know its been changed, but who cares if man changed it...I will believe it anyhow because...I wanna go get candy in heaven..

insane..that is not critical thinking, that is a frightened 4 year old saying anything so he won't get spanked.

but not into what this guy believes, i was with him from the first 2 videos until he started saying god wanted burned meat... I mean come on, why would a god that made us want burned meat?? that seems more like what we would want -_- ...

Thats in the bloody bible..."this guy" didn't say god wanted burnt offerings, the bloody bible states that very clearly..old testiment..read it sometime.theres a bunch of goofy stuff in there that you must believe in to call yourself a christian..from that, to eating shellfish will get you hellbound, to...etc..grrr, lazy religious people that don't even know their own religion sort of annoys me.

So what he is accusing the bible of, he is doing the same thing by putting his own words into it.

No, he is taking out the improvised words out and simply reading it as it is written..no "probably meant" this or that which is what the problem is...he reads the words as they are meant to be read and you figure it out. he does then liken the passage to things that are known, but only as his thoughts on the matter.

Look at how much of his own detail of what them words mean he goes into, does that not make no sense to you??.. The bible is free he has a book to sell, that should be enough to end this topic...

Yes, the bible is free
consider that
what book is free besides the bible? ponder that for awhile
law books, federal guideline books, etc..aka, society structure manmade books to make sure all the plebs follow the rules of society properly..no excuse. God didn't foot the bill for the printing press..man did, and for a purpose that works well
enslave the minds of the population through deity worship and catering towards rewards through pain and submission to authority.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by JosephJohnson

Well the book we now know as the bible says that he wanted to smell the offerings so if you're trying to discredit this guy by saying his beliefs are ridiculous, remember that they were taken directly from your precious book.

So your saying this guy is right?. Sure he does rise some good points, but to agree with him imo is selfish, as he is pretty much doing what he is accusing the bible of , and thats putting his own take on what happened.
Why has no one else in all the years came to this conclusion that god is really the devil??, cos that is pretty much what he is making out. Or and by the way, i dont believe everything i read in the bible, i like to mostly go on gut instinct. so i know the is a god, but what he is talking about is not the god i believe in...

edit on 20-1-2012 by mcdgray129 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Funny, isn't it. He doesn't believe the guy is right about the bible...because he quoted the bible.

I swear, the best way to stop this nonsense called religion is to demand the religious people actually read what they proclaim they believe in....really read it..not just blindly let the sentences slip by their head, forgotten the sentence they just read a paragraph later..

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX

Funny, isn't it. He doesn't believe the guy is right about the bible...because he quoted the bible.

I swear, the best way to stop this nonsense called religion is to demand the religious people actually read what they proclaim they believe in....really read it..not just blindly let the sentences slip by their head, forgotten the sentence they just read a paragraph later..

Some of us can read between the lines you know, before the was a bible people had faith why do you think that is??, we believe cos we have seen things unlike ye..

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Yes mcdgray129, but what he is doing is translating whatever was recorded, not giving his opinion on what God wished to smell. It's an interesting subject because you and I believe in something different than eachother believes, yet we are discussing this without judging eachothers beliefs. As well as others here. The discussion continues, and that's a great thing.

Nobody here is saying that what this man says is the all knowing truth. He simply is translating what he believes is the truth, while I am sure because it's human nature that he's including some personal assumptions. It's unavoidable, even in Science.

What we all need to do on both sides is to try and weed out the personal reckless assumptions of anyone on either side of this touchy arguement. Surley nobody can disagree that over so many centuries many, many historical facts probably have vanished or have maybe even been purposely lost or manipulated. It unfortunately has been the way of the world for quite some time now. We all gotta learn to read between the lies even if that sometimes contradicts our own beliefs. ~SheopleNation

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by mrnotobc

Exactly. Star for you!

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   

So your saying this guy is right?. Sure he does rise some good points, but to agree with him imo is selfish, as he is pretty much doing what he is accusing the bible of , and thats putting his own take on what happened.
Why has no one else in all the years came to this conclusion that god is really the devil??

The what?
the devil? wtf...
nothing even remotely close to that...at best, the god of the bible is some ensign from some greater star command if we take it literally.

and erm..wow, just wow. you didn't watch the videos, you didn't read the bible..why are you even in this thread?

i dont believe everything i read in the bible

First you must read the bible before you don't believe in it.

, i like to mostly go on gut instinct.

Same here, I am pretty sure Kim Kardashian is a goddess for real. my gut tells me so..always trust the gut, right?

so i know the is a god, but what he is talking about is not the god i believe in...

You believe your gut
therefore, you believe you are god..a manifestation of your best traits and ideals..thinks along your lines (maybe doesn't do your actions, but has your sort of spirit)
Your own personal jesus -Depeche Mode

And incidently, if you did some research, many topics, such as jesus was the morning star, has been around for awhile and with very good points added to them. Hell, I made a thread on that subject years ago on here.

And the literal translation is being done by many sources, and all are coming up with a very similar result.

nevermind..just..nevermind.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   

I seek the one true god who neither demands nor requires my worship.

Ya know, at this point, don't even recall who originally wrote the quote above... I am pleasantly astounded that this thread has lived this long, with so much positive discussion...

I haven't even watched the OP vids yet, but this THIS is the stuff I wanna see more of in this forum.
Thank God we have people actually analyzing the original texts and letting us know what the real story is.

Not adding much here except a bump....where have all of you been on the recent forum threads???
We needed you!!
--wild

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Some of us can read between the lines you know, before the was a bible people had faith why do you think that is??, we believe cos we have seen things unlike ye..

You have assumptions...
As far as "seen things", I also have seen things, yet I don't need to make up a religion to explain away things I have experienced...actually, it makes me even more questioning and skeptical..because I value truth over fantasy.

Why do people have faith?
Well, personally, I think its a shortcut to thinking...don't need to study when you got the answers already in a short and sweet catch phrase...all that hard work researching and free thinking...gah..naa, just say jesus magicked it all and go take a nap.

I have had proper profound "ghost" eperiences...yet I don't even necessarily believe in ghosts still..I am very interested in the phenomona I experienced and am in what could be a lifelong search to uncover the objective truth behind my experiences...I suppose I could just become lazy and choose "faith"...but that is a cop out for the lemmings in my opinion...I value my mind

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by SheopleNation

Yes mcdgray129, but what he is doing is translating whatever was recorded, not giving his opinion on what God wished to smell. It's an interesting subject because you and I believe in something different than eachother believes, yet we are discussing this without judging eachothers beliefs. As well as others here. The discussion continues, and that's a great thing.

Nobody here is saying that what this man says is the all knowing truth. He simply is translating what he believes is the truth, while I am sure because it's human nature that he's including some personal assumptions. It's unavoidable, even in Science.

What we all need to do on both sides is to try and weed out the personal reckless assumptions of anyone on either side of this touchy arguement. Surley nobody can disagree that over so many centuries many, many historical facts probably have vanished or have maybe even been purposely lost or manipulated. It unfortunately has been the way of the world for quite some time now. We all gotta learn to read between the lies even if that sometimes contradicts our own beliefs. ~SheopleNation

I understand what you are saying and i give you a star for that
But this guy only wants to sell a book. If he wants to get this info ou,t why not make it free like the bible (Even if the bible is 90% lies) ????.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by wildtimes

I seek the one true god who neither demands nor requires my worship.

Ya know, at this point, don't even recall who originally wrote the quote above... I am pleasantly astounded that this thread has lived this long, with so much positive discussion...

I haven't even watched the OP vids yet, but this THIS is the stuff I wanna see more of in this forum.
Thank God we have people actually analyzing the original texts and letting us know what the real story is.

Not adding much here except a bump....where have all of you been on the recent forum threads???
We needed you!!
--wild

Sometimes its worth going back in ats history
here is a similar thread from 2010
The Chronicle Project: Hidden Truths Revealed
it is a thread about this website Here
Seems they did some updates lately...might give it a read now.

But ya, we tend to be rehashing the same information over and over..occasionally a new face comes into the game

edit on 20-1-2012 by SaturnFX because: snipped out a half sentence, decided not to post the second part

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   

But this guy only wants to sell a book. If he wants to get this info ou,t why not make it free like the bible (Even if the bible is 90% lies) ????.

What have you given out to the world for free? How many millions of dollars of your personal funds would you give up to make sure people have a clue on what you have uncovered?

how rich is the guy we are discussing?

are you new to earth? Do you think magical paper just writes itself and rushes off to everyone if you simply wish it to?

Your being simple minded here...maybe if I keep poking at you, you will put some thought into what your saying, or become angry and troll yourself into a ban..either way its better than being unthinking while posting...and yes, I feel the need to check what your saying so anyone reading your lines will get a proper response to such ideas verses think its a valid point...no offense to you personally, but your ideas are promoting non thinking and willful ignorance..which bugs me.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Why has no one else in all the years came to this conclusion that god is really the devil??

The what?
the devil? wtf...
nothing even remotely close to that...at best, the god of the bible is some ensign from some greater star command if we take it literally.

and erm..wow, just wow. you didn't watch the videos, you didn't read the bible..why are you even in this thread?

i dont believe everything i read in the bible

First you must read the bible before you don't believe in it.

, i like to mostly go on gut instinct.

Same here, I am pretty sure Kim Kardashian is a goddess for real. my gut tells me so..always trust the gut, right?

so i know the is a god, but what he is talking about is not the god i believe in...

You believe your gut
therefore, you believe you are god..a manifestation of your best traits and ideals..thinks along your lines (maybe doesn't do your actions, but has your sort of spirit)
Your own personal jesus -Depeche Mode

And incidently, if you did some research, many topics, such as jesus was the morning star, has been around for awhile and with very good points added to them. Hell, I made a thread on that subject years ago on here.

And the literal translation is being done by many sources, and all are coming up with a very similar result.

nevermind..just..nevermind.

So you're going to make assumptions now about me??. You really think i have not read the bible since i joined here?, or watched the videos in the OP, you assume alot
Anyways to cut this short, it pretty much comes down to you dont believe in god, well good for you
I have my believes. And i know what the person in the OPs video might be saying has some truth, but he is not talking about THE GOD. Maybe about some Devil like god or alien but not the god. And by putting his own words into it and filling in the blanks, he is pretty much doing the same thing the bible does.
Expect the bible is free his book is not ....

<< 11  12  13    15 >>

join