It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anonymous attacks whitehouse.gov after taking down Department of Justice and others

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   
@TheJusticeDept

"The department is working to ensure the website is available while we investigate the origins of this activity..."

twitter.com...

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Don't know how legit this is but I found this...

with a press release

Anon PR link

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   
everything your hearing right now about Anon and will hear for the forseable future is true
plenty more sites on the list to take down yet

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   
have a look at www. wellaware1 .com all becomes clear after that

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gigatronix
reply to post by InsideYourMind

If your idea of revolution is whiny kids being mad they can't steal something that doesn't belong to them, then yes the "revolution" has started. More like a temper tantrum rage fest.

The internet was designed to allow people to easily share information and be able to share knowledge. You do not understand the situation with SOPA/PIPA and numerous other "laws" which are trying to get passed.

They are not there to be used for the copyright racket protection industry. It is about the ability to freedom of information and freedom of speech. With SOPA/PIPA all fo that freedom is GONE.

Tell me, when you were younger did you ever copy a cassete tape and pass it to a friend? Did you ever tell someone about a cooking recipe you found out? The whole deal, is that if these SOPA/PIPA bills get passed into law then the US corporations will effectively control the internet. This matters to anyone connected to the internet as it will apply to foreign hosted companies/websites aswell!

Revolution is about revolt. Revolt against the system... it fits revolution nicely... as an oppressive law is trying to be passed to limit everyone's freedom of speech and information.

Why aren't you happy that there is at least someone out there standing up for what is right, and attempting to tell these moronic lawmakers that copyright IS the problem. It's not so much about piracy as it is, public domain information is more to the point.

If you believe that these anti-piracy bills are congured up for the sole purpose of stopping movies being shared... then you should get well informed and make a point about it before you find your favourite websites "seized" for unjustified copyright notices.

SOPA isn't even here, the US justice department does not need SOPA. Look what happened today... megaupload has been censored with what would happen if SOPA were passed.

Could you imagine visiting the local park and being told that the grass had to be removed because some moron decided to own the copyright to "grass" ? An extreme example... but it gets the point across.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by InsideYourMind

Originally posted by hapablab
This is a false flag if I ever seen one, SOPA and PIPA fail so lets create a cyberwar to prove how important they are.

Far from it, this is very real. No good turning everything into a conspiracy.

What are we going to do? Allow them to walk over "our internet", remove sites at will and we can all sit down and not make a peep?

I fully agree.

Seriously, what is the point that some people are trying to make by saying that this is a false flag on Anonymous' part? Perhaps these people also believe that wars will end if people hold hands and sing songs.

As far as I am concerned, you're either with the revolution or against it.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   

When they start shutting down sites that don't have infringed copyrighted material on em, then I'll be concerned. As far as I can tell, if they are shutting down torrent sites/filesharing sites that have copyrighted materials, they are doing what they are supposed to be doing, protecting the right of content creators. Say what you want about record companies/movie companies taking advantage of their artists, stealing protected works is still wrong and it still hurts the creator.

You do realise that by the whole definition of Torrent that the websitesz do not contain any copyright protected material don't you? Alol they contain is a file that has information regarding hash tags and a tracker of IP addresses where those hash stripes can be accessed. The torrent websites are not breaking ANY copyright laws, it is their users that do that by sharing the files peer to peer.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Could you imagine visiting the local park and being told that the grass had to be removed because some moron decided to own the copyright to "grass" ? An extreme example... but it gets the point across.

do not, and I am quite serious, let monsanto see this thread xD someone will get idea's.

pretty much nailed it yet again, this was never about copywrite to begin with, thats just the official story, and, please, the news lately is so blatent in its falsehoods.

ed: sopa doesn't care how you link if you link you get shut down. quit the semantics game and get the point before we have no internet to speak with >_> except IRC which i don't see going anywhere while wires exist.
edit on 19/1/2012 by whatsinaname because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Someone asked for a PasteBin link.

http:///WEydcBVV

There ya go. Sorry to keep this short, recharging lazers.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by michael1983l

If they are not removing copyrighted content and removing users that share said content, then they are complicit in the breaking of the law. The technology of torrents and peer to peer file sharing is not illegal, but using it to do something illegal is where the problem is. I don't think a torrent site that specializes in ONLY user created content is going to find themselves on the wrong side of the law.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by InsideYourMind

This isn;t about SOPA/PIPA, it's about a website known to enable the sharing of pirated copyrighted material. I am fully aware of what the internet can do for the sharing of information and ideas. That's not what we're talking about. I do not support either legislation, I do however support the enforcement of laws. The law in question being you can't steal that which does not belong to you.

And I see no reason to be happy about people screwing around with private and government websites, all this does is give them more ammunition to do exactly what we BOTH fear. I'm all for standing up to bad legislation, but not using defense of selfish theft as a platform to do so.
edit on 19-1-2012 by Gigatronix because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Gigatronix

usual counter argument: youtube recieves aproximatly 35 hours of footage a minute.

don't even need to finish that one. not my own explaination but snippet from a debate I read on a news link yesterday.

(ed: ok incase anyone didn't get that, 35 hours per minute, and you have to watch -all- of it to determine copywrite, and then act upon what you've seen. physically impossible, even for an AI.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   
instead of going for sites that share copyright music etc
would it not make more sense to go after the big hitters like the people who deal in stolen credit card details and seriously illegal activitys?
they wont do that tho for 1 major reason.....they can`t

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   

If they are not removing copyrighted content and removing users that share said content, then they are complicit in the breaking of the law. The technology of torrents and peer to peer file sharing is not illegal, but using it to do something illegal is where the problem is. I don't think a torrent site that specializes in ONLY user created content is going to find themselves on the wrong side of the law.

You don't get it do you. There is no copyrighted content to remove. The torrent site only supply an area where information about files can be shared but the files themselves do not touch the website. If the users break the law then the law should pursue them, not the website that hosts no illigal content. Should we shut down youtube because their users infringe copyright on a very regular basis. You tell me one single song that you cannot find a full version of on youtube.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destiny Of Souls

Originally posted by VoidHawk
There is one target out there that anon could attack that would prove to me and all of you that they are on our side.

TAKE OUT THE TV STATIONS.

Without tv the sheeple will run about like headles chickens for a few days then they'll start to think again.

The only reason we are in this mess is because tv controls EVERYONE.

TV is the source of $trillions.

I dont believe anon cant see this therefore I cant help but think they are cia.

Where do people come up with this kind of crap?

Do you even know how hard it is to take out TV stations compared to internet sites? On the internet, it's conceivable that as long as you flood a site with enough traffic, it will go down. It's only a temporary solution, but it works. Depending on how long, it could cost them money.

To bring down a TV station, you'd either have to legit hack directly into either their feed or network (both of which take a high level of skill), or take down their hardware.
The latter is obviously a great way to get serious jail time, so you're probably assuming they would do the former.

It's just an estimate, but I'd guess that less than .2% of those that identify themselves as Anonymous have the level of skill needed to do so.
(Then again, you never know which dummy that works at a station will open an email with a backdoor worm attachment that spreads through the network, but that's besides the point.)

In other words, your idea of somehow shutting down multiple TV stations is so unbelievable and unrealistic that I have to assume your views on Anon are the same.

I don't believe that you can't see this, therefore I can't help but think that you yourself are CIA
(See how stupid that sounds??)
edit on 19-1-2012 by Destiny Of Souls because: hurrdurr

Yes I DO know how hard it would be, thats the very reason it all got moved to satelite. But its still controlled from the ground and as YOU point out, even an emial could do it.

ANY kind of hacking is serious jail time, that why I wouldnt do it.

Could you not reply without being so insulting? or does this idea scare you and your kind?

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by UkRandom

You think they aren't doing that already? Just because stealing music is less serious than stealing someones credit card doesn't make stealing music less of a crime, nor does it make it less worthy of being enforced.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   
incase no one realised, ats links to youtube, which in turn links to copywr...point being if you still don't get it, ATS is at risk.

do you now get the message?

ed: nevermind bro.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   

They can still remove users found to be sharing protected material. If they don't then they are complicit. And don;t say they can't moderate all their users or know what all their members are doing. Ignorance is not a valid defense.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   

reply to post by UkRandom

You think they aren't doing that already? Just because stealing music is less serious than stealing someones credit card doesn't make stealing music less of a crime, nor does it make it less worthy of being enforced.

there not taking on serious crime on the internet
they may tell you they are but i assure you its not happening
heres a pic for you

regardless if sopa gets passed that picture will still exist and so will the people behind what you see

Anonimity online has many uses as that picture shows

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

Originally posted by InsideYourMind

Originally posted by hapablab
This is a false flag if I ever seen one, SOPA and PIPA fail so lets create a cyberwar to prove how important they are.

Far from it, this is very real. No good turning everything into a conspiracy.

What are we going to do? Allow them to walk over "our internet", remove sites at will and we can all sit down and not make a peep?

I fully agree.

Seriously, what is the point that some people are trying to make by saying that this is a false flag on Anonymous' part? Perhaps these people also believe that wars will end if people hold hands and sing songs.

As far as I am concerned, you're either with the revolution or against it.

No honestly I don't put anything past our government, Yesterday SOPA and PIPA fail and today this, just connecting some dots, If I'm wrong Im wrong, and what's with that last sentence about holding hands and singing, Im no hippy and I don't get that connection lmao.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join