It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia says will stand firm with China on Syria

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
reply to post by LongbottomLeaf

I wonder if the USA has the balls to attack a country that is a nuclear power, and not some third world farming country who have opium farmers (afghanistan)

Oh trust me, we have the balls AND the stupidity.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Its all about strategy if we have the capacity to shoot down there nukes then we could win. With little to know casualties on our soil. Based on our current tech we could do it water boy.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by LongbottomLeaf
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

They bullied down the soviets, north Korea, Pakistan with the threats of invasion, threats which apparently they took seriously. Kind of speaks volumes if you ask me.

Soviets followed a wrong economic system like racing a human powered bicycle vrs a motor power scooter. Soon they had to concede defeat. So US did not bully them after all, Soviets understood their wrong choice of economic system.

North Korea never got bullied by the US. Today it has nukes and missiles to deliver them.

Pakistan used and abused the US for all its worth. Even now, US dares not threat Pak with invasion. They opened the supply route again but with a stiff mark up in fees. Clever Pakis!
edit on 20-1-2012 by victor7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   
I just felt like this was pertinent to this discussion.

If not, my apologies.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tachyeon
Its all about strategy if we have the capacity to shoot down there nukes then we could win. With little to know casualties on our soil. Based on our current tech we could do it water boy.

The way US is threatening Russia and coming up on its face, shouting abuses, trampling Russia's allies and interests all over the world................leads me to believe that US might have the technology to shoot down the Russian nukes and missiles. If that is the case, then we should be ready for a major war because US would like to prove this capability and go on to the 'full domination' of all the countries in the world, including Russia and China.

Russian official admits this already.

www.en.ria.ru...

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Why are we talking about this anyways, you really want to provoke Americans with the desire to attack a nuclear armed nation? If anyone is going to do it, we would.

Asking if we have the balls to attack a nuclear armed nation is just inviting Armageddon. Our government has their shelters and technology and they don't care about us citizens anymore than they care about Russians. Your missile envy is inviting WW3 in the minds of us stupid, arrogant Americans.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by blargg
A nuclear strike on the US mainland would break the stick that the bully uses to beat people with, but it doesn't stop the bully, he just finds a new stick.

Perhaps. But why do you think the same wouldn't apply to the new stick as well?

Talking about countries like the decision making and power structures begin and end entirely within their own borders is unrealistic. They are chess pieces on the board.

If countries that cannot be challenged militarily by outsiders want to be played like chess pieces, may be they should be treated like chess pieces too.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by victor7

So far neither Russia nor China placed themselves in an adversial position with regard to the US behaviour, so they wouldn't have any need to demonstrate any capability.

I won't be surprised if Syria and Iran are being setup as testing grounds for this missile defence technology. If Russia and China supply Iran and Syria with missiles they are counting on to be effective against the missile defence and they manage to do that, you can expect the US to go quiet for a while. But if their missile defence proves 100% successful, you can see USA go to any lengths including an open military confrontation with Russia and China

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 12:50 AM
link   

edit on 20-1-2012 by neo96 because: not worth it

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Observor

I have this sinking feeling that 'technology leap' has occurred and Russia has been left in the 1990s era when Yeltsin shut down nearly all the defense programs. Game up that means.

If that is true, then take solace in the fact that dominator is the US which is fairly gentle.............not British, German, French or Islamic fanatics or Mongolians...........these countries have been openly genocidal........ although US cannot be excluded from the league of genocidal murderers either. May be it has been only a junior player in this league afterall.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by victor7
I have this sinking feeling that 'technology leap' has occurred and Russia has been left in the 1990s era when Yeltsin shut down nearly all the defense programs. Game up that means.

I don't think so. But we will see, won't we?

If that is true, then take solace in the fact that dominator is the US which is fairly gentle.............not British, German, French or Islamic fanatics or Mongolians...........these countries have been openly genocidal........ although US cannot be excluded from the league of genocidal murderers either. May be it has been only a junior player in this league afterall.

These are the guys who came into existence by wiping out the natives. You haven't seen what they are capable of if they feel invincible. The only thing that held them back so far is a threat of annihilation. Unlike the others you mentioned, they are willing to only murder, but not die. Once they know they can strike anyone with impunity, you will see how "gentle" they are. The world hasn't seen psychopaths like them. Everyone else will fade into oblivion before them.
edit on 20-1-2012 by Observor because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Genocide means attempting to wipe out a nationality, race, etc, not waging war over greed or resources.

The US has not committed genocide against middle easterners.
edit on 20-1-2012 by RSF77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by victor7

Threats didnt keep soviet missiles out of cuba? threats dont keep the north koreans out of south korea? threats dont keep pakis out of india?

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by RSF77

Let them think what they want and let history speak for itself.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   
It might be a good time that Russia puts its civil defence on high alert. My recommendation that Russian special forces initiate destablisation of NATO nations. 2012-15 will be war definitely.

IF russia wants to survive it must start population dispersal and prepare the people for aftermath.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Observor

Ludwigvonmises003 has been claiming that russian are arming their missiles with biological superweapons and are preparing their WMD for ww3.How good are their bioweapons? You have idea?

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by mkgandhas
Ludwigvonmises003 has been claiming that russian are arming their missiles with biological superweapons and are preparing their WMD for ww3.How good are their bioweapons? You have idea?

I am sorry, but I am not a weapons expert.

Although I seriously hope Russia does have something that will take enough of USA out and they do it soon.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Observor
reply to post by victor7

So far neither Russia nor China placed themselves in an adversial position with regard to the US behaviour, so they wouldn't have any need to demonstrate any capability.

I won't be surprised if Syria and Iran are being setup as testing grounds for this missile defence technology. If Russia and China supply Iran and Syria with missiles they are counting on to be effective against the missile defence and they manage to do that, you can expect the US to go quiet for a while. But if their missile defence proves 100% successful, you can see USA go to any lengths including an open military confrontation with Russia and China

Iran and Syria won't be a best test bed for Russian missiles as Russia gives watered down versions for exports.

I am no weapons expert either, but here is my take on the missile warfare:

Russian missile like Topol-M does not follow a trajectory like path, and moves around unpredictably in the mid air or in space. However, US interceptor missile SM-3 also has mid course guidance system, so basically it can be a missile dog fight just like the planes. However Topol flies at 20 mach speed (7000m/sec or 24000km/hour) and SM-3 at roughly 9 mach (9600km/hour). That is why US is bringing these interceptors closer to Russia so that these missiles can intercepted in the boost phase when they are not that fast and other advancements have not yet kicked in. I believe at this speed advantage once Topol beats the interceptor then it is through unless 2-3 or more are employed. Here is another thing, the range of SM-3 is roughly 500 km so it has to be really accurate and high probability in getting to target. US also has ground based midcourse defense systems which are 5 times are expensive but also 5 times as powerful. SM-3 is ship based so these can come near to Russia but GMDs are not yet deployed in Europe. If they are a part of ABM system proposed for Poland and Czech republic then Russia better look out.

Here is another take, if at the start of some problem, Russian Special Forces attack and cripple or destroy all these X-Band radars that are planned in Europe (Turkey is already operational few days ago), the ABM Defense can get a serious blow and can go blind somewhat. However, If US attacks first then they have major advantage and that is why Russians are so uneasy about it as it will negate their response capability by alot once majority of Topols and Bulava missile are hit.

Once on you tube I saw a US system which would protects the vehicle from bullets and RPGs. Seems missile warfare is going to be employing similar techs. Bullet shooting the bullet technology can also be employed on Topols and in the mid course the missile releases a kinetic vehicle of its own and 10 seconds before impact the SM-3 interceptor is hit out of the course or even destroyed. We are talking micro second precision here, but then technology is already available.

ps: me no weapons expert so all the logic above could even be totally unapplicable.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by mkgandhas

Russia has gone too weak like 1/3rd of USSR power, so if RF fights with US, it has to start with a surprise attack on crucial targets of the US battle systems.

If the US attacks RF first, then I doubt Russia will be able to sustain the hit and rise from there. A vast majority of Russian airspace does not have radar coverage. A satellite killer attack can cripple Russia much more than it would US.

That is why Russia has already declared that it will use the nukes first in the event of need. Infact nukes are the only area where Russia can look US in the eye and that is only at the moment.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by RSF77
Genocide means attempting to wipe out a nationality, race, etc, not waging war over greed or resources.

The US has not committed genocide against middle easterners.
edit on 20-1-2012 by RSF77 because: (no reason given)

Genocide also means killing civilian populations in high numbers. These civilians are not directly involved in war fighting or hostile activities. US committed this act in Japan, Vietnam and more recently in Iraq. After 1991 war, US imposed tough sanctions on Iraq and as a result minimum 500,000 and upto 2 million civilians, mostly kids and vulnerables, died due to lack of basic medications, basic minimum food and advanced medical requirements.

Only around year 2000, Smart Sanctions were imposed, whereby Iraq could sell as much oil to buy food, medications and non military civilian needs.

Learning from civilian sufferings in Iraq, when the NATO murderers went to Libya, they imposed arms embargo and assets freeze but no general economic sanctions were placed that would stop Libya from buying food, medicines and other civilian needs.

You can kill, either by bullets or bombs or by sanctions or climate manipulation using HAARP. End point is when civilians are killed then that becomes a genocide, especially if numbers rise to thousands.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join