It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia says will stand firm with China on Syria

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by victor7

NATO bombings of Libya killed more civilians than those killed by Muammar Gaddafi's forces prior to that.

It appears that some of these guys consider themsleves the officially designated murderers of the world and get livid with anger when anybody but them does any killing.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Observor

Evil are the murderers but equal Evil are the bystanders who watch and do nothing.

Russia and China learned a big lesson in Libya and so far their actions are in correction to those mistakes. Hope they do not change the course. They should arm the allies to teeth in all sorts of ways.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by victor7
reply to post by Observor

Evil are the murderers but equal Evil are the bystanders who watch and do nothing.

Russia and China learned a big lesson in Libya and so far their actions are in correction to those mistakes. Hope they do not change the course. They should arm the allies to teeth in all sorts of ways.

Nuclear armed missiles that can reach the US mainland will do. Of course, no need to admit that until after they have been used. By that time the world will be a whole a lot different and no one will be in a position to question Russia or China why they supplied nuclear armed long range missiles, even if it is a violation fo any treaties they signed.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by NeoVain

Just as the US could literally vaporize the planet at any given moment. That doesnt prove anything. Its like bragging "I'll shoot you with my 9mm" then a guy pulls out a double barrel. I mean its not like the US has more nukes than the whole world combined.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by victor7

Why not stay on topic instead of saying why the US is bad for not feeding lazy people? Why doesn't your country feed them? Oh yes because they ALSO have no interest in feeding lazy people. How are you gonna sit there and accuse of being racist when we elected a man who is 50% Kenyan you dolt. Colin Powell is a hero amongst our people. but yes we are racist.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by LongbottomLeaf

I wonder if the USA has the balls to attack a country that is a nuclear power, and not some third world farming country who have opium farmers (afghanistan)

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed

Pointing out the obvious flaws in a person's logic does not make me a hater of their country. If my neighbor continuously practices wreckless behavior, does it make me a neighbor hater for pointing it out?

If your neighbors were Iran and Syria and they HATE you, sponsor attacks against you, and have openly called for your elimination... What would you have to say about them?

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fractured.Facade

Pointing out the obvious flaws in a person's logic does not make me a hater of their country. If my neighbor continuously practices wreckless behavior, does it make me a neighbor hater for pointing it out?

If your neighbors were Iran and Syria and they HATE you, sponsor attacks against you, and have openly called for your elimination... What would you have to say about them?

The really fun thing is that none of us on this thread live in Israel or Iran, most of us are probably thousands of miles away, why do we even care ?

Cosmic..

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cosmic4life

The really fun thing is that none of us on this thread live in Israel or Iran, most of us are probably thousands of miles away, why do we even care ?

If you believe that there is safety in that distance from this, you would be a fool.

IMO

Their hatred, isn't confined to Israel, it isn't about just them.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   

The Iranians have more of a right to supply arms to their neighbors than the Americans have the right to supply Israel, Saudi Arabia, Turkey and many other nations in the region with weaponry.

First off there is no proof that the claims about Iran supplying arms is true, I wouldn't doubt it happens, but it's done on a much smaller scale than the media hypes. Iran has to deal with the consequences of what happens in the region so they will be reluctant to supply arms to just anyone, especially with the Jundollah and MKO in a constant battle to overthrow the current regime.

Remember the British mercenaries caught in Afghanistan with around 40 AK-47's with the serial numbers filed off from a few weeks ago? Those weapons weren't from Iran...just saying

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

I'm sorry, was that an answer to my question?

If so, then.... Ooooookay!

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Fractured.Facade

Well your question was flawed from the get go. As I said there is not proof that the weapons are coming from Iran, the Chants of death do not represent all of Iran.

If someone asks me how I like my blue shoes, even though I'm wearing white shoes, I'm not going to give them the satisfaction of an answer.

There are videos of racist North Americans supporting the death of Muslims, does that mean Muslim nations have the right to bomb the U.S.?

John Mccain even has a YouTube video where he sings "bomb Iran" in to the melody of Beach Boys song, at a political gathering. Is that any different?

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   
I made a post yesterday covering this topic, see here

Here...

Which links to the full article of what Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov said, and while he did say that both Russia and China would veto any UN resolution, he did not say they would prevent any other force attacking Syria or Iran

Lavrov indicated that Russia would use its UN Security Council veto to block any proposals for military intervention in Syria, following a suggestion by Qatari Emir Sheikh Hamad bin Khalifa al-Thani to send in Arab troops.

"We will hardly be able to prevent (force) if someone really wants to do something like that. But let that be on their own initiative and rest on their conscience.

"They will not receive any mandate from the UN Security Council," he said.

He is not threatening military intervention from either Russia or China, he does heavily criticize the US, and makes some disparaging and what seem to be a fair appraisal of the situation.

Stop trying to make things sound worse than they are

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

They bullied down the soviets, north Korea, Pakistan with the threats of invasion, threats which apparently they took seriously. Kind of speaks volumes if you ask me.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   

You can say whatever you want, just like them

But it certainly doesn't seem to be Israel that is worried about Iran or Syria.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
I wonder if the USA has the balls to attack a country that is a nuclear power, and not some third world farming country who have opium farmers (afghanistan)

Not very observant these days are we?

Pakistan?
[Has Nukes]

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by PrinceDreamer
he did not say they would prevent any other force attacking Syria or Iran

Of course, he did not nor is anyone here claiming he did.

He is not threatening military intervention from either Russia or China

Of course, he is not. It would be extremely silly of him to do so.

If they do intervene, it should be as a surprise, not forewarned. Neither has any reason to fight the US away from its soil. If they do intervene, it will not be to save Syria or Iran, but stop the US once and for all, which would require attacks on US mainland. No point warning about such things in advance.

But the US can go right ahead and attack Syria or Iran and then find out if there is a suprise in store for them.

Stop trying to make things sound worse than they are

So if somebody read, wrongly, as Lavrov saying Russia and China will intervene militarily to prevent external agression that is worse? Yeah, I get your point.

edit on 19-1-2012 by Observor because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL

Sigh.

So war with a country that is a Nuclear Power,equates to a "justified "war in your eyes?

Your cup of ignorance ,seems to be runneth over........

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

When you say the US, I'm assuming you mean what I call the Western Elite. The elite are pulling the strings here, not generals or the president. The United States is merely a useful tool for the controllers. They don't see the world in terms of borders. It doesn't do us much good to continue to discuss things this way either.

A nuclear strike on the US mainland would break the stick that the bully uses to beat people with, but it doesn't stop the bully, he just finds a new stick. And for what it's worth, this current stick is getting worn down, and is going to be abandoned soon. Like someone getting every last mile they can out of an old horse before they have to put it down. From the shadows the vitality that the United States once had, has been sapped.

Talking about countries like the decision making and power structures begin and end entirely within their own borders is unrealistic. They are chess pieces on the board.
edit on 19-1-2012 by blargg because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Russia has 150,000 citizens working and living in Syria plus a military base there.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join