It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Russia says will stand firm with China on Syria

page: 1
11
<<   2  3  4 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Russia says will stand firm with China on Syria


m.yahoo.com

Russia will offer Washington no explanation for arms deliveries to Syria and together with China will prevent the U.N. Security Council from approving any military intervention in the conflict-torn nation, its foreign minister said on Wednesday.

Using his annual news conference to draw lines in the sand on Syria, Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov said veto-holding Security Council members Russia and China would stand firm against foreign intervention.

"We will insist - and
(visit the link for the full news article)




posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Russia probably only cares about Syria and Iran for strategic reasons, but they sure have been puffing their chests out lately. I wonder what the West thinks about all the bravado coming out of Russia and China in reference to Syria and Iran over the last few months. Most people shrugged it off as pointless rhetoric, but it looks like they're staying true to their word.

An unnamed Western official has been quoted saying "Russia is playing games" which is most likely partially correct, but the game they're playing isn't a simple game of ping pong.

Russia and China have have made it clear that the West must stop its bullying, especially where they have no business being in the first place.

I have a feeling that China and Russia are using Iran and Syria as pawns in a game of Chicken.

m.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 19-1-2012 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)



posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed

Russia says will stand firm with China on Syria


m.yahoo.com

Russia will offer Washington no explanation for arms deliveries to Syria and together with China will prevent the U.N. Security Council from approving any military intervention in the conflict-torn nation, its foreign minister said on Wednesday.

Using his annual news conference to draw lines in the sand on Syria, Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov said veto-holding Security Council members Russia and China would stand firm against foreign intervention.

"We will insist - and
(visit the link for the full news article)



Hey man, i've been saying this all along. This doesn't come as a surprise to me at all. Both nations have aided them in their nuclear programme for years, all theyre doing is confirming what alot of us knew was going to happen either way.

This puts Russia and China in a unique position because the U.S. has already said that any nations harboring or giving aid to terrorist's will be treated as hostile and enemy countries. By Russia and China backing Iran theyre basically supporting terrorism by allowing Iran to continue their uranium enrichment program and the creation of nuclear fuel rods. It's going to be on Russia and China's head when terrorist's get nukes and blow all the jews in Israel into the afterlife.

Will the U.S. and the U.K. continue to support Israel in a conflict where Russia and China could get involved? We're about to find that out. We're also about to find out on wether or not the U.S. and U.K. breaks ties with Israel for fear of China and Russia.

On the otherhand if the U.S. goes to war against China, then the money the U.S. owes, will be potentially wiped off the slate. I'm thinking theres gonna be war alright. If Israel had any sense they'd launch the invasion on Iran because while the U.K. and U.S. are allies it would automatically drag us into the fight because that's how allies work.
edit on 19-1-2012 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)



posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000
 


I see where you're coming from but you're forgetting that the West are the terrorists, not Iran. It's the Western governments who support terrorism all around the world. Not only do they support terrorism, but they are are actively participating in it.

ETA:

I said Iran when this thread is really about Syria, my mistake. The Syrian regime doesn't rank very high on my list, but my statement still stands, the West are bigger terrorists on the world stage. A lot of Syrians have been killed, but the same thing would happen in any country if a foreign sponsored armed uprising were to happen.
edit on 19-1-2012 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)



posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   
if you thought a war against iraq or afghanistan is expensive, how about one against china, russia or iran.



posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed
 


I would ask you to take off your cloak of emotion and look again at who you call terrorist. The USA has every right and sense of the right / notion to defend itself preemptively. The USA does not have to wait until a nation attacks it to defend itself. In doing so would be stupid.


edit on 19-1-2012 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)



posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by milkyway12
reply to post by Corruption Exposed
 


I would ask you to take off your cloak of emotion and look again at who you call terrorist. The USA has every right and sense of the right / notion to defend itself preemptively. The USA does not have to wait until a nation attacks it to defend itself. In doing so would be stupid.


edit on 19-1-2012 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)


Thank you for the classic demonstration of "American Exceptionalism".

You're falling for this propaganda "Hook, line, and sinker".

I'm amazed that some people still think like this. If the world were to follow your logic, more than half the world has the right for a preemptive strike on the U.S.



posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed
 


Russia has seen through the charade, they won´t allow the Rockefellers any more ground, as they know the balance is already being tipped to their disadvantage. Russia may have been slow to understand the plans at first with libya, afghanistan, iraq, yemen etc, but they are catching on. They wont let the U.S get an inch more.



posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   
HA!!

their not so quick to invade now are they??

good to see them being put back in their place.
edit on 19/1/12 by scoobyrob because: (no reason given)



posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   
I wonder if anyone has the balls to attack the US mainland? these nations are basically known for talking but not having the ability to back it up. So I doubt it. What they want is another chance at war by proxy by puffing up Syria and Iran instead of outwardly throwing down the gauntlet themselves. What else do you expect from commies



posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by milkyway12
reply to post by Corruption Exposed
 


I would ask you to take off your cloak of emotion and look again at who you call terrorist. The USA has every right and sense of the right / notion to defend itself preemptively. The USA does not have to wait until a nation attacks it to defend itself. In doing so would be stupid.


edit on 19-1-2012 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)


Wow you might want to cut down on that tap water abit dude... thinking like that is not healthy...

By your logic, every country should attack the U.S because they are the only ones invading other countries all over the world, might be anyone next right? So best to attack first. NUKES AWAY!!!

Are you really that brainwashed?



posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by LongbottomLeaf
I wonder if anyone has the balls to attack the US mainland? these nations are basically known for talking but not having the ability to back it up. So I doubt it. What they want is another chance at war by proxy by puffing up Syria and Iran instead of outwardly throwing down the gauntlet themselves. What else do you expect from commies


They don´t have to. Russia could wipe the U.S of the map with nukes alone, without a warning at any time. And they will if they have no other choice. And to be frank i think most countries would be relieved to have the bully of the world gone.

Sad isn´t it? Time you guys wake up?



posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by LongbottomLeaf
 


Why not proxy war. Arm the allied nation to the teeth, have a friendly secured regime in their capital and all the while sell your weapons and create jobs in your own country.

What is the US business meddling in the welfare of other nation's rebels and radicals. There is no genocide going on.

How many children die everyday in Africa from hunger and related ills. Why is the Grand O'Mighty USA quiet on that. Oh! African does not have oil and they are Negros, the one's AngloSaxons enslaved not too long ago.

Blacks in the US are pretty much same economic status as they were in 1970s. US should look at that more than other countries.



posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by victor7
 


I agree with what you said.

As long as weak minded individuals fall for this crap, this imperialistic attitude will continue to flourish until the toilet overflows and explodes from all the pressure. It's already up to the rim in # so I hope the free thinkers such as yourself are stocked up on toilet paper.

It's time for America to wake up and smell the sewage before it drowns them.
edit on 19-1-2012 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)



posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   
I am sorely amused by the anti-american comments here.

America HAS NOT comitted to anything with regards to Syria - NOTHING, except through legal means such as protests to the UN, and yet the anti-americans are out in force to discredit USA, totally and UNCONSCIONABLY disregarding to what is happening to our fellow human brothers and sisters in Syria whom are fighting against tyranny of the worst kind and facing death every minute.

The bas*ards inhuman russian and chinese gov are the ones supplying the arms to the murderers and are OPENLY taking an active interest in the further murders of precious human lives, yet, no condemnation of them by anyone. Had humanity sunk so low today?

Regardless of what had happened, China and russia can do all the unconscionable crap they wish, BUT it WILL BE THE SYRIAN MASSES that decides what will happen, not the rest of the world, for IT IS THEM, to live in Syria, their own motherland, to determine their own course of action, unless the beastly gov forces, the monsters bigger bullies such as Russian and China, CAN KILL AND WIPE OUT EVERY SINGLE SYRIAN CITIZEN!



posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed
reply to post by lonewolf19792000
I see where you're coming from but you're forgetting that the West are the terrorists, not Iran. It's the Western governments who support terrorism all around the world. Not only do they support terrorism, but they are are actively participating in it.

It goes both ways. If you deny that Iran uses its proxy Hezbollah to harass Israel and perpetuate the conflict in the middle east, your delusional. We all know the USA does this, but are you such an ardent defender of the Iranian government that you can see them doing no wrong? Iran doesnt have to attack a neighbour, they have their proxies do it for them.

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed
ETA:

I said Iran when this thread is really about Syria, my mistake. The Syrian regime doesn't rank very high on my list, but my statement still stands, the West are bigger terrorists on the world stage. A lot of Syrians have been killed, but the same thing would happen in any country if a foreign sponsored armed uprising were to happen

Whether you believe it to be foreign sponsored or not doesnt matter. The people have taken up the cause, as it is just. No countries deserve to be lead by family run dynasties anymore. I know you will turn around and tell me to look at the corruption and deceit in western politics, but that isnt the subject, isnt it? The people of Syria have every reason to rise up. When the Iranians tried to last sham of an election, they were brutally repressed and subjugated, but this time by their own government, not the US.

edit on 19-1-2012 by nightbringr because: (no reason given)



posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by SeekerofTruth101
 


I doubt anyone here is actually anti American. The fact that some Americans aren't capable of accepting the ugly truth about what's really going on is very suspect though. I'm Canadian and have the same distrust against my government and its supporters who blindly justify it's actions, but I love Canada. I love Americans too.

Pointing out the obvious flaws in a person's logic does not make me a hater of their country. If my neighbor continuously practices wreckless behavior, does it make me a neighbor hater for pointing it out?

If I act like an ignorant bloodthirsty tyrant, I expect to be called out on it.

Wouldn't you agree?
edit on 19-1-2012 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)



posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by LongbottomLeaf
I wonder if anyone has the balls to attack the US mainland?

We'll soon find out.

these nations are basically known for talking but not having the ability to back it up. So I doubt it. What they want is another chance at war by proxy by puffing up Syria and Iran instead of outwardly throwing down the gauntlet themselves. What else do you expect from commies

Why do they want a proxy war? No matter how much arms either Russia or China supply Syria or Iran, the most they can do is cause some losses to the US, should the US choose to attack them.

On the other hand, if they had supplied missiles capable of reaching the US mainland and probably a few nukes that can be launched should the US attack them, that would make things extremely interesting indeed.

Wonder why Russia is refusing to divulge the contents of the latest missile shipments to Syria.



posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed
reply to post by SeekerofTruth101
 


I doubt anyone here is actually anti American. The fact that some Americans aren't capable of accepting the ugly truth about what's really going on is very suspect though. I'm Canadian and have the same distrust against my government and its supporters who blindly justify it's actions, but I love Canada. I love Americans too.

Pointing out the obvious flaws in a person's logic does not make me a hater of their country. If my neighbor continuously practices wreckless behavior, does it make me a neighbor hater for pointing it out?

If I act like an ignorant bloodthirsty tyrant, I expect to be called out on it.

Wouldn't you agree?
edit on 19-1-2012 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)


1. I did not single you out as anti-american hater.

2. I care not whom you support, for I am only an insignificant nobody, needing of no support from anyone. All I care about is truth and reality. And may that be your guiding light in the face of what our fellow human brothers and sisters in Syria are facing daily. That is all I seek and care for.



posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by SeekerofTruth101
 


Care more about your fellow human brothers and sisters who are dying of hunger in Africa and Asia. Yes dying like 50000 a month. If for a moment we accept that Syrians are being oppressed in the form of firm government and emergency laws, then that is still a 1000x better scenario than 'dying like fly' out of hunger and lack of medical help. 5000 terrorists, radicals killed in Syria while attacking police and you have gotten a heart seizure already! Batter than basic needs are all provided for the Syrians who want to break the daily peace and have stable government toppled to be replaced by Muslim Brotherhood like Egypt or Libya.

End of it all, it brings me to conclusion that some horrendous degree of violence in for of war is going to be unleashed on the humanity in coming few days. It will result in Oil and Commodity prices inflating like hell due to supply choke up etc.

It is time to horde up basic food items like 100s of kilos of rice, wheat and atleast 6 months of supply of basic medicines, some weapons and fuels etc. War preparations need to be on the individual level so that when SHTF, the common civilians atleast have a decent tarp protection overhead.

Also, Russia needs to supply very advanced weapons to regimes under attack by the NATO. Like long range missiles, very capable air defense platforms and huge amounts of tools to conduct asymmetric warfare to make it very costly for the attackers and their economies. Until this 'stinking crap' does not hit the US mainland, its leaders will continue with their agenda of offense on other weak nations.
edit on 19-1-2012 by victor7 because: (no reason given)



new topics

top topics



 
11
<<   2  3  4 >>

log in

join