It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newts ex-wife talks: Says Newt wanted an 'open marriage.'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   
The full story is here:
news.yahoo.com...

Apparently the interview is going to air tonight on ABC News' Nightline at 11:35 p.m. ET. You can watch a preview of it here.

Newt Gingrich lacks the moral character to serve as President, his second ex-wife Marianne told ABC News, saying his campaign positions on the sanctity of marriage and the importance of family values do not square with what she saw during their 18 years of marriage.

In her most provocative comments, the ex-Mrs. Gingrich said Newt sought an "open marriage" arrangement so he could have a mistress and a wife.
She said when Gingrich admitted to a six-year affair with a Congressional aide, he asked her if she would share him with the other woman, Callista, who is now married to Gingrich.
"And I just stared at him and he said, 'Callista doesn't care what I do,'" Marianne Gingrich told ABC News. "He wanted an open marriage and I refused."

Nice timing, eh? This should be interesting.
edit on 19-1-2012 by eleven44 because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-1-2012 by eleven44 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Hmm.

That would actually increase my support for a candidate. At least he's being honest!

I was really expecting something else, I would imagine she has more dirt on him than that.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

I understand what you are saying, but i don´t think the rabid christians of America will agree... that would pretty much destroy him if you know their obsession with marriage etc.

Just look at the gay debate.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   
OMG! Who would want to do Newt? That is just
ickoid.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   
What woman would want to be in a marriage with eye of Newt, open or otherwise?
They guy is an ugly fat slob!

Oh wait... he's rich.

It must be for the money and/or the huge stimulus package.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by NeoVain
reply to post by boncho

I understand what you are saying, but i don´t think the rabid christians of America will agree... that would pretty much destroy him if you know their obsession with marriage etc.

Just look at the gay debate.

Valid point.

Food for thought, Newt has too much of a disconnect to be a serious front runner. You would almost ask yourself, are they hammering him now because they want his votes to go to someone else?
edit on 19-1-2012 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by tvtexan

Is it just me, or does this sound like innuendo?

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Is this the big news tha's supposed to cause his campaign to implode? I'd rather hear about that investigation about Saddam and Arms deals.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Glass

Originally posted by tvtexan

Is it just me, or does this sound like innuendo?

God bless Canadians!
They not alway the first at the party, but when they finally show up they are a hoot!

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   
At the minimum, a very, very, very selfish man. OTOH Is Newt Nuts?. There are more than a few men in govt and business who entertain certain selfish sexual ideas, those are one thing, but Newt has this other thing about him that he would prefer to avoid facing, his psychological problems. When he cried in remembering his mother's problems, I sensed a few of those tears were for himself.

top topics

join