It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What private sector experience does Ron Paul bring to the table? What experience does he have in job

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Diablos

Originally posted by HallamFoe
There is a difference between running a business and running country.

Ron Paul 2012! X

Not really. A successful businessman typically has the ambition and leadership skills required to lead a nation to prosperity. Running businesses successfully is very similar to running our country successfully.

hows that,fuled by greed?

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Ron Paul is a gynecologist. He looks directly AT job creation.
If you don't get it, sorry...

But seriously, as someone else said, people in government only create jobs for friends and family and the "benefactors" that put them in charge of "our" money. They SUCK....off of us that work. Those that don't work suck off of those that work. The president sucks off of ALL of us. That really sucks.

Simply meaning, the job of president is a con wrapped in a lie cloaked in a fallacy.
Still don't get it? Welcome to the ranks of VOTER.

Depressing, I know.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by ararisqBarf, are you kidding me. Romney was born with a gold spoon. He said screw that silver. His father ran for President and was governor. He was born with millions and like most millionaires turned it into even more millions for himself at the expense of others.

You dismiss normal everyday people with such disdain. Its sick.
edit on 1/17/2012 by ararisq because: (no reason given)

So what? Are you jealous of him having come from a successful and wealthy family? What do you want to do? Redistribute the wealth he legally earned because it was "unethical"?

I've met some really weird libertarians on this site that seem to really sound like communists and extreme leftists. Normally, I agree with libertarians on economic issues (social issues and foreign policy is where they falter).

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Diablos

Running businesses successfully is very similar to running our country successfully.

Haha! Good one - oh...you're being serious.

What about a good vision, passion, compassion, resposnsibility, integrity, intelligence, common sense, or optimisim? Then there's my favourite and one of the most important qualities a leader should have...a quality in which Ron Paul posesses that the other candidates don't...consistency.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by HallamFoe

And, don't forget modesty. Ron Paul is the ultimate gentleman in every way.
Something the U.S. DESPERATELY needs is someone real. Since people actually look UP to this office, God help them, we need the very best we can get.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by wardk28
reply to post by Jean Paul Zodeaux

See it doesn't even have to be that complex. The majority of us on here know that the income tax is unconstitutional but most who refused to pay ended up in court. What I'm saying is we are dying and until we stop the bleeding, there won't even be an U.S.. It isn't a lack of business experience that is the problem, its a lack of ethics.

Sadly, it is that complex. The income tax is not unconstitutional. Congress was granted by the Constitution the "complete and plenary power of taxation" and Congress has always (from the very beginning) had the authority to tax income and tax on income.

Constitutionally speaking, Congress is bound by a few rules. The rule of apportionment requires that Congress apportion all direct taxes among the states (capitation and property taxes) and they make uniform across the several states any indirect tax (excise, imposts and tariffs).

It is evident by the way the so called "Personal Income Tax" is enforced that it is an indirect tax on some taxed activity. The evidence lies in the uniformity of the tax. It matters not what state you reside, the tax collected is determined by how much was made.

The key - and herein lies the complexity - is understanding that all taxes have a subject and that if the "income tax" is an indirect tax then there must be specific sections of the code naming specific activities as that subject. Most people, however, blindly assume without even bothering to read the tax code they are liable for the tax, when in all likelihood they are not, and never were except for their own voluntary filing of a valid tax return. Filing that valid tax return, which comes with a signature made under threat of penalty of perjury, is prima facie evidence to ones liability.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Diablos

Um... and running a busy medical practice for a couple decades doesn't count as working in the real world?

...failing at business or being an M&A corporate raider is better experience... how?

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   

The tax code really isn't the reason why the country is bankrupted. We all could be taxed at 100%, the government will spend more. We need to cut the head off of the beast.
edit on 17-1-2012 by wardk28 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Taxes are not voluntary. Voluntary is meant that you can file your return yourself instead of the government doing it. Everyone making over a certain amount must file a tax return.

Well then, you must be liable for the so called "Personal Income Tax". Perhaps you can point to the precise section of the tax code that named the specific taxed activity you are involved in that made you liable...Good luck with that you wacky volunteer.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by SurrealisticPillow

Sorry forgot that one. My bad. He truely is a remarkable person. The most unique politician I have seen in recent times. Why the hell was he never elected as president before? Maybe his son Rand will carry on his father's legacy and run for presidency as well...

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Since we are talking about "experience" and the "table". How many of us can sit at the table? What is OUR experience and knowledge on the subject.
Not to be a jerk, I can't say that I know enough. This is just food for thought.
1. How much of our income taxes fund government? Easy enough to find out how much revenue we get from income taxes. And, easy enough to find out the major expenses of the federal government...at least, what the federal government will admit to.
I can tell you that the military eats up the vast majority of whatever income tax comes in, and that is not counting the cost of collecting income tax which is SUBSTANTIAL.
2. How much money does the federal government get from other taxes, like fuel taxes?
Not enough to fund the federal government agencies and all of the upper class families sucking on the teet.
3. How much money does the federal government get from other fees not categorized as taxes, like penalties, fines, etc.?
Bonus money mostly for those bureaucrats that collect it.
4. Lastly, how much revenue is earned from ALL of the many assets under the control of the federal government?
The Comprehensive Annual Finance Report lays all of that out, but yet, we STILL have to borrow butt loads of money because of the massive waste in our federal government.

Most states are not much different, unfortunately. WE are the problem, we are not fit to sit at the table of government either.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by baphomet420

Damn... if my garden was ready... I could just shovel some of this horse***t onto it as fertilzer.

Government regulations? Like those ones all the lobbyists wrote that did such a great job of preventing the meltdown in 08? Brilliant... yeah, that worked out real well.

The only regulations we have right now, were mostly written on K street in D.C. (if you don't know what that means... de-stupify over on Google) We have this pesky thing, called the rule of law, that most existing regulations were written to over ride for their pet industries, with the help of their stooges inside the beltway.

1.) Repeal existing (lobbyist authored) regulations...

2.) Enforce the Rule of Law in all commerce, contracts and rights of property

If it had been done that way 15 years ago... we could have had HOURS of cheap entertainment watching bank fraudsters and politicians do "the perp walk" on TV, and spending some real jail time.

I can think of a few excellent bankster/politician fraudster, penitentiary based reality TV shows! What fun!

And Diablos... so far, your comments suggest you don't know ANYTHING about business, and have no understanding at all about private medical practice... usually run as an incorporation.

A busy medical practice... only puts 2 employees to work?

Study business or macroeconomics... much? (It's okay... no need to answer THAT)

Oy vey...

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   
I would happily apply for American citizenship, just so that I could vote for Dr. Paul.

Just sayin'.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   
First of all its not the presidents job to create jobs, that's your job
His job is to veto or sign laws ,command the military and be the spokesman of this corporation called USA, and that's pretty much it
The reason this country is in so much trouble is the presidents don't control the spending and veto enough, then do too much that cross threads the people

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by HallamFoeWhat about a good vision, resposnsibility, intelligence, common sense?

Qualities that are inherent among a successful businessman, which also translate to leadership skills and leading a country to greatness.

Originally posted by HallamFoepassion, compassion, integrity, optimisim

These are all qualities of the bleeding heart liberal politicians, and tell me just how successful they are in government? Please. The people want an experienced and seasoned leader who understands the economy enough to stimulate it to create jobs, not some bleeding heart pacifist doctor that screams "Austrian economics" and learned all of his economics from the books of Ayn Rand.

Originally posted by HallamFoeThen there's my favourite and one of the most important qualities a leader should have...a quality in which Ron Paul posesses that the other candidates don't...consistency.

This is a double edged sword. Consistency is good, yes, but it also indicative of an ideologue. It means he is pretty darned stubborn and would continue with his beliefs even though he knows he is wrong, as no ideology is 100% correct and he will have eventually had some holes pointed out to him. I am pretty sure Hitler, Mao, Stalin, etc. were pretty darn consistent with their beliefs, too. Doesn't mean they were great politicians (although Hitler had remarkable leadership). And before you get crazy, I'm not placing Ron Paul in the same camp as those 3, but I'm just making a point.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   

The tax code really isn't the reason why the country is bankrupted. We all could be taxed at 100%, the government will spend more. We need to cut the head off of the beast.
edit on 17-1-2012 by wardk28 because: (no reason given)

After my challenge to you, I can fully understand why you modified your post. However, in 1913 (the year the income tax was instituted) the national debt was $2.9 Billion , the national debt today is well over $15 trillion. This represents a more than 400,000 percent increase from 1913, so yes, the tax code is the problem.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Diablos

Has anyone told you how awesome you are, Diablos?

Didn't think so.

Buh bye.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Diablos

This is a double edged sword. Consistency is good, yes, but it also indicative of an ideologue.

Your whiny little mantra of "jobs, jobs, jobs, somebody give me a job", combined with your insistence that compassion, integrity and and optimism are "qualities of a bleeding heart liberal", and your ill informed referencing of Ayn Rand, is the very hallmark of an ideologue.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by HallamFoe

Ron Paul is special. Rand may someday fill his shoes, he is working on it.
But, I hope the ideas of liberty, freedom, integrity...those ideas never die. That would mean we are truly lost.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Diablos

BTW... "RP is for the current free trade model" is a bald faced lie. Have you not bothered to fact find because of your pre-supposed position... or are you just making stuff up because you don't think anyone will call you out on it.

The WTO, GATT and LAFTA have sovereignty violations, regards The Constitution dude... you might have heard of it... it's one of our founding documents, and outlines the limits to Federal power.

That guy you're ragging on? Ron Paul? He talks about The Constitution a fair bit? You know, the Law of the Land? Does that sound at all familiar... given your extensive time considering Ron Paul and what he stands for?

Hello?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join