It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What private sector experience does Ron Paul bring to the table? What experience does he have in job

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   
I'd rather have someone that managed their own business in America, supporting the community...

than a multinational CEO, taking money out of America and moving work to other countries.

call me crazy but no C class employee is making jobs these days.

they are lining their pockets through reduced expense and increased profit margins at the expense of the American worked.

Dr. Paul...real world experience with actual real world Americans. Brought life into the world versus taking it for cheap resources.

They are all politicians but this guy is a human versus a robot.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by baphomet420
If Ron Paul has his way, we will no longer loose jobs to china...you know how??? by making us china...without government regulations, that is what we will become...

???????????????????????????????????????

Now China doesn't have corporate regulations? Who are you people? I'm done with this.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by HallamFoe
There is a difference between running a business and running country.

Ron Paul 2012! X

If Romney runs the country like some companies what might happen?

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Diablos

Mitt?

Many Americans are buying this whole "change" notion that Ron Paul is about, much like 0bama.
The difference is, RP will follow through with his plans for change. He wont do the opposite of what he says. It's obvious to see this is true by looking at his voting record in the congress and the issues he brings to the table (things that others wouldn't dare mention), not to mention the way he is ignored and ridiculed by the media. It couldn't be more obvious that he scares the establishment. This man is nothing like Obama, he didn't come out of know where and doesn't have a shadowy background like Obama, he isn't a puppet for the system and if given the chance he will prove it.

Unfortunately they will do absolutely everything in their power to stop him from becoming the President. And even if he does manage to become President, in my opinion they'll try to stage a terrorist attack or something like that and force him to deal with the situation and the reaction of the American people. He'll be put in a position where he'll be put under intense pressure to do many things that go against his morals and it will really test the patience of the American people because many wont believe that he has the ability to handle the attacks properly. He'll be portrayed as the weak little American who couldn't protect America when she was under attack. Then no one will vote for him (or anyone like him) again.

That's what I would do anyway if I was part of the Illuminati.

edit on 17-1-2012 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Diablos
Many Americans are buying this whole "change" notion that Ron Paul is about, much like 0bama. Also, similarly to 0bama, this guy has no private sector experience. He doesn't understand how jobs are created, he's never ran a successful corporation, nor does he have much experience with the complexities of our financial and banking industries.

Also Ron Paul is against protectionism and supports the mass outsourcing of American jobs, while the other GOP candidates have at the very least said they are against this and proposed some solutions to fix it.

How can you expect this man to win when he doesn't understand the intricacies of job creation and supports more and more Americans losing their jobs because of corporations outsourcing them to foreign employees willing to work for a few pennies a day?

You are an incredibly un-smart person.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Why do I keep hearing that we need someone who ran a business in the private sector to fix the country? It must be because those who run the country don't know how to balance a checkbook. The reason the country is in the red isn't because our politicans aren't business savy. Its because its not THEIR money they are spending.
edit on 17-1-2012 by wardk28 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jean Paul Zodeaux
It is pretty hard to take your claims of the "complexities of our financial and banking industries" seriously when you have so boldly created a thread touting your profound ignorance and laziness. Assuming Dr. Paul has never worked in the private sector without even bothering to fact check reveals a profound ineptitude that cannot possibly be qualified enough to discuss the "complexities of our financial and banking industries".

When I'm referring to the private sector, I'm referring to the finance and business sector. Ron Paul's work in a private clinic does not show expertise in jobs creation, expertise that other candidates he is running against have (Mitt Romney). How do you expect this guy to win when most people are voting for the candidate that can create the most jobs, and Ron Paul is the most inexperienced in that when compared to the other candidates?

Originally posted by Jean Paul ZodeauxFurther, your absurd focus on "job creation" begs the question; what the hell do you know about the private sector? People do not generally go into business to create jobs. If the need for labor arises because a business was created and succeeded this is good for those who only view their place in the world as an employee, but such a view does not even come close to representing the private sector, and certainly has nothing at all to do with the "complexities of our financial and banking institutions".

Much more than Ron Paul (my family runs a successful business). Of course they don't, but successful and experienced businessmen are the ones who are creating hundreds and thousands of jobs. A candidate who understands risk management, hedge funds, derivative trading, etc. brings much more knowledge to the table when it comes to jobs and the economy than some doctor who loves to yell "Austrian economics" every now and then.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChaoticOrder
reply to post by Diablos

Mitt?

Many Americans are buying this whole "change" notion that Ron Paul is about, much like 0bama.
The difference is, RP will follow through with his plans for change. He wont do the opposite of what he says. It's obvious to see this is true by looking at his voting record in the congress and the issues he brings to the table (things that others wouldn't dare mention), not to mention the way he is ignored and ridiculed by the media. It couldn't be more obvious that he scares the establishment. This man is nothing like Obama, he didn't come out of know where and doesn't have a shadowy background like Obama, he isn't a puppet for the system and if given the chance he will prove it.

Unfortunately they will do absolutely everything in the power to stop him from becoming the President. And even if he does manage to become President, in my opinion they'll try to stage a terrorist attack or something like that and force him to deal with the situation and the reaction of the American people. He'll be put in a position where he'll be put under intense pressure to do many things that go against his morals and it will really test the patience of the American people because many wont believe that he has the ability to handle the attacks properly. He'll be portrayed as the weak little American who couldn't protect America when she was under attack. Then no one will vote for him again.

That's what I would do anyway if I was part of the Illuminati.

Atleast he would still get 4 years in.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by wardk28
Why do I keep hearing that we need someone who ran a business in the private sector to fix the country? It must be because those who run the country don't know how to balance a checkbook. The reason the country is in the red isn't because our politicans aren't business savy. Its because its not THEIR money they are spending.
edit on 17-1-2012 by wardk28 because: (no reason given)

Respectfully, the problem goes deeper than that. The reason this country is in the red is because We the People keep tossing money at the fools who spend it as if they are floozy trophy wives at the mall shopping for Prada products.

The Revolution for Independence was sparked by a tax on tea. Income taxation was non-existent at that time. Today, when I argue that income taxation is an odious oppression on the People, I am called "un-American".

People truly do get the government they deserve.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by ararisq

If Ron Paul has his way, we will no longer loose jobs to china...you know how??? by making us china...without government regulations, that is what we will become...

Now China doesn't have corporate regulations? Who are you people? I'm done with this.

they obviously do not have good ones if any...

i know you have seen the recent stories on foxxconn and the suicide nets...

you do understand that most of these people LIVE at the factory as they do not want LEAKS...
i classify this as a slave...
im not sure what you want to classify it as...

this topic is not about china though, its about how ron paul is going to turn us into that...

without government regulations, the only thing that matters is profit...

"when it comes to peoples safety, money wins out everytime" - gil scott heron

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by HallamFoe
There is a difference between running a business and running country.

Ron Paul 2012! X

Not really. A successful businessman typically has the ambition and leadership skills required to lead a nation to prosperity. Running businesses successfully is very similar to running our country successfully.

What a parrot line from the MSM!

America is not a business! The federal govt's job is not to run a business!

And btw, RP has more experience in economics than all of the candidates...combined! He was on three different economic committees in Congress and even wrote books on the subject. The man isn't perfect, but I'd trust him more than Plastic-Man Mitt!

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Diablos

Look the federal government, and the President have NO role to play in job creation. I really wish people would educate themselves. It is so annoying, our federal government has grown way out of proportion to what it is supposed to be doing. This is one of MANY problems the federal government has. Ron Paul understands this and would like to get back to what we are supposed to be.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by ararisq

Haha! Thought that one was funny, too.
Chinese regs are extreme and their government is much more involved in the everyday life of their subjects than even in the U.S.
I doubt people will ever get it, because of their need to be controlled and their cowardice in the face of freedom but: Big Government, Multinational Corporations, and Centralized Banking are the 3 pillars of corporatism that feed the elite and turn citizens into serfs.
Big government is the ultimate enemy of any free or prosperous people. As are multinational corporations and central banks. And they are all co-dependent and help support each other. The notion that government and business are enemies is truly ludicrous to anyone who can marshal the will to open their eyes.
But its easy keep the simple folks at each others' throats because they are lazy, ignorant, and scared.

And it won't change. The only way you can avoid being a serf is to get yourself into the "house slave" category or do your best to drop off the grid - erase all your debt, make enough from the fruit of your own labor to pay your property taxes, but otherwise be completely self reliant. Good luck with that.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Many Americans are buying this whole "change" notion that Ron Paul is about, much like 0bama. Also, similarly to 0bama, this guy has no private sector experience. He doesn't understand how jobs are created, he's never ran a successful corporation, nor does he have much experience with the complexities of our financial and banking industries.

Also Ron Paul is against protectionism and supports the mass outsourcing of American jobs, while the other GOP candidates have at the very least said they are against this and proposed some solutions to fix it.

How can you expect this man to win when he doesn't understand the intricacies of job creation and supports more and more Americans losing their jobs because of corporations outsourcing them to foreign employees willing to work for a few pennies a day?

There are more important attributes than having been a sociopath who has caused this country to lose tens of thousands of jobs....

Like someone who is trying to fix a broken system.

But, I suppose you won't be happy until you lose your job, due to it being shipped away to another country, or because a bigger company buys your up and fires you.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Diablos

Much more than Ron Paul (my family runs a successful business). Of course they don't, but successful and experienced businessmen are the ones who are creating hundreds and thousands of jobs. A candidate who understands risk management, hedge funds, derivative trading, etc. brings much more knowledge to the table when it comes to jobs and the economy than some doctor who loves to yell "Austrian economics" every now and then.

How do you know that he doesn't understand any of those things? Are you saying just because he was a Doctor with a small practice that he doesn't understand risk management or even hedge funds. How do you know the limits to Dr. Pauls knowledge. Just curious.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Jean Paul Zodeaux

See it doesn't even have to be that complex. The majority of us on here know that the income tax is unconstitutional but most who refused to pay ended up in court. What I'm saying is we are dying and until we stop the bleeding, there won't even be an U.S.. It isn't a lack of business experience that is the problem, its a lack of ethics.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Could you kindly point out the clause in the Constitution that grants power to the Executive branch to "create jobs"? I'm sorry, I couldn't find it.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by v1rtu0s0But, I suppose you won't be happy until you lose your job, due to it being shipped away to another country, or because a bigger company buys your up and fires you.

This is funny. Under Ron Paul, job outsourcing will be rampant as this guy is for the current "free-trade" (NOT FAIR TRADE). At least I believe American jobs should be protected so they can at least earn a decent living, unlike Ron Paul who has no problem with American workers working for pennies a day to be "globally competitive".

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Diablos

how's that,fuled by greed?

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Diablos

Are you for real? He has served in the Air Force, started his own medical practice and delivered over 4000 babies. Has what 30 years in Congress and NEVER took a dime from the U.S. even as a paycheck. What does Obama have? A community wrecker, millions have lost their jobs thanks to his unfriendly small business practices. Senator for two years where he did nothing but act like he did and now wantabe President that 90 percent of the people who voted him in will not again.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join