It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What private sector experience does Ron Paul bring to the table? What experience does he have in job

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Is the OP seriously advocating technocratic rule?

*facepalm

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jean Paul Zodeaux

Your whiny little mantra of "jobs, jobs, jobs, somebody give me a job",

Yup, millions of unemployed Americans who are voting this election based on JOBS, JOBS, JOBS must be little, whiny nuisances who should have their voting rights revoked for not voting for a job destroying ideologue like Ron Paul.

Personally, I have nothing to worry about when it comes to getting a job after I graduate, but I actually care for my fellow Americans and their ability to provide for themselves provided they are willing to work, in the first place.

Originally posted by Jean Paul Zodeauxcombined with your insistence that compassion, integrity and and optimism are "qualities of a bleeding heart liberal"

0bama and other leftist politicians sure seem to possess those qualities (except integrity) and look how well they are doing in that respect.

Originally posted by Jean Paul Zodeauxand your ill informed referencing of Ayn Rand

Because every negative opinion on Ayn Rand must be an ill informed one?

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Not that Diablos could care less... but on the outside chance someone wants to know what Ron Paul's take on "Free Trade" is... he considers NAFTA, GATT, etc... Free Trade for Crony Capitalists... details here:

edit on 17-1-2012 by dasman888 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Diablos

Yup, millions of unemployed Americans who are voting this election based on JOBS, JOBS, JOBS must be little, whiny nuisances who should have their voting rights revoked for not voting for a job destroying ideologue like Ron Paul.

It would be better still if these millions of unemployed Americans got off their lazy asses and created their own source of income, but that's just too much to expect of the modern whiny uneducated and remarkably ill informed American.

Personally, I have nothing to worry about when it comes to getting a job after I graduate, but I actually care for my fellow Americans and their ability to provide for themselves provided they are willing to work, in the first place.

Why is that? Once you graduate you have a TSA job all lined up for you? You could care less about your "fellow Americans and their ability to provide for themselves". If you did, you would be a free market advocate instead of the Marxist ideologue you clearly are.

0bama and other leftist politicians sure seem to possess those qualities (except integrity) and look how well they are doing in that respect.

I have not seen any compassion coming from Obama, Pelosi, Reid, or any other leftist politician, nor have I seen any genuine optimism from these clowns either. I certainly, at least not from this thread, see any of these qualities in you either, including integrity.

Because every negative opinion on Ayn Rand must be an ill informed one?

Nope, but the informed negative opinions actually back their assertions up with cogent arguments rather than mindlessly parroting - and ironically so - the leftists who so revile her.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Diablos

.........." nor does he have much experience with the complexities of our financial and banking industries. "

You are Joking , Right ? He knows More about the Economics of our Monatary System and the Interworkings of the Federal Reserve than the Federal Reserve itself does ! Geez, Please Deny Ignorance with a Thread like this .........

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by dasman888
reply to post by baphomet420

Damn... if my garden was ready... I could just shovel some of this horse***t onto it as fertilzer.

Government regulations? Like those ones all the lobbyists wrote that did such a great job of preventing the meltdown in 08? Brilliant... yeah, that worked out real well.

when did I ever say I approved of corporate lobbyist???
i have never approved of them, and will never approve of them...

and when i say government regulations, I am talking about the ones that outlaw slavery, the ones that outlaw child labor, the ones that say manufacturers can't dump hazardous waste in rivers... you know those regulations that ron paul wants to do away with...

The only regulations we have right now, were mostly written on K street in D.C. (if you don't know what that means... de-stupify over on Google) We have this pesky thing, called the rule of law, that most existing regulations were written to over ride for their pet industries, with the help of their stooges inside the beltway.

nice, i need to destupify... more personal insults from ron paul supporters.. this appears to be the norm..
these were laws that were overwritten by lobbyist?? yes???

OK
i wasn't aware that lobbyist wrote and passed laws...
i thought that was for the house and congress...
maybe i need to destupify some more...

i always assumed it was politicians being bought off by lobbyist, i was unaware that they actually wrote and passed the laws...

1.) Repeal existing (lobbyist authored) regulations...

2.) Enforce the Rule of Law in all commerce, contracts and rights of property

If it had been done that way 15 years ago... we could have had HOURS of cheap entertainment watching bank fraudsters and politicians do "the perp walk" on TV, and spending some real jail time.

I can think of a few excellent bankster/politician fraudster, penitentiary based reality TV shows! What fun!

so somehow, ron paul wanting to take regulations away from these people and give them free reign over humanity will get them locked up??? how does that work???

edit on 1/17/2012 by baphomet420 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jean Paul Zodeaux
It would be better still if these millions of unemployed Americans got off their lazy asses and created their own source of income, but that's just too much to expect of the modern whiny uneducated and remarkably ill informed American.

I don't disagree with you about the lazy people. I agree with Ron Paul that all entitlements and all regulations and corporate taxes need to be cut, ASAP. If these people want to survive, they have to provide for themselves. What I do however disagree with is all of these FTA' s that your cult leader supports, which drives the wages down due to outsourcing or H1-B scabs willing to work for pennies. It is only typical of an RP supporter to call the hard working American worker who's been laid off "lazy" and "entitled" because they refuse to work for a few pennies a day to compete with foreign labor.

We need protectionism, and most conservatives agree. It seems to be libertarians and corporatists that support this mass outsourcing of American jobs and the destruction of the middle class.

Originally posted by Jean Paul ZodeauxWhy is that? Once you graduate you have a TSA job all lined up for you? You could care less about your "fellow Americans and their ability to provide for themselves". If you did, you would be a free market advocate instead of the Marxist ideologue you clearly are.

No. Unlike you, I'll be contributing positively to society by working in defense as a military scientist and designing weapons that help preserve your freedoms and liberties against foreigners. But, even your pacifist cult leader wants to cut spending for defense and gutting jobs in the defense industry as a result.

Nice slander. I'm about as anti-marxist as any true conservative. In fact, libertarians and RP supporters seem to represent a few marxist principles, such as pacifism and this unhealthy obsession with peace, which is the true hallmark of a liberal authoritarian.

Originally posted by Jean Paul ZodeauxI have not seen any compassion coming from Obama, Pelosi, Reid, or any other leftist politician, nor have I seen any genuine optimism from these clowns either. I certainly, at least not from this thread, see any of these qualities in you either, including integrity.

I agree, but the reason I said why they try to display themselves as "compassionate" and "sympathetic" is because these are traits of liberals, which usually lead them to justify wealth redistribution and taking from a successful and wealthy businessman to feed some poor, lazy, and entitled parasites.

A good politician is always objective and logical, not one that is subject to their human emotions such as "compassion". There is a reason why so-called compassionate politicians never get far.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Also, what kind of "Republican/conservative" wants to end the drug-war, legalize prostitution, believes in world peace/ is a pacifist, cutting spending for Deparment of Defense, liberal views on gay rights?

Aside from his views on taxation and downsizing government, this guy is a progressive liberal in every other respect. Why is he even running as a Republican?
edit on 17-1-2012 by Diablos because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Diablos

these FTA' s that your cult leader supports

You have mistaken my criticism of your profound ignorance and laziness as support for Ron Paul. I offer no support to any Presidential candidate in this election. Ron Paul is not the 2nd coming, he is not the Grand Master Wizard that will fix this nations problems, and he is just another politician, integrity, compassion, and optimism not-withstanding. It really does not matter who the hell gets elected President, until We the People step up to the plate and begin reigning in this out of control government, even a Ron Paul Presidential victory will only amount to more people disappointed that their HOPE was unfounded.

Your foolish assumption otherwise is just one more example of how lazy you are, and how seemingly uninterested you are in any form of critical thought.

It is only typical of an RP supporter to call the hard working American worker who's been laid off "lazy" and "entitled" because they refuse to work for a few pennies a day to compete with foreign labor.

Of course, this is not what I have done, this is just you framing my argument in your Marxist world view, that's all. I am critical of the unemployed screaming "jobs, jobs, jobs" because few of these people support free market principles, have no intention of going into business for themselves, and have no understanding of (just like you) of economic principles, but somehow think governments responsibility is to supply them with a job.

We need protectionism, and most conservatives agree

Most people who call themselves "conservatives" have no idea what they are conserving. In the United States the only true conservative is the one who works to conserve the Constitution for the United States of America...you know,that document you have no idea what it states or means?

It seems to be libertarians and corporatists that support this mass outsourcing of American jobs and the destruction of the middle class.

I am sure to one as woefully ill informed as you that the world must seem very complicated and confusing. Not to fear though, all you need to do is sharpen your critical thinking skills and wake the hell up!

Corporations are chartered entities that can be executed (as in killed dead) by simply revoking that charter of incorporation. Instead of wasting your time making stupid assumptions about people, why not make good use of your time and work towards killing corporations?

No. Unlike you, I'll be contributing positively to society by working in defense as a military scientist and designing weapons that help preserve your freedoms and liberties against foreigners.

In a thread titled "what private sector experience does Ron Paul bring to the table" you play your hand and finally admit you are nothing more than a mediocre scientist who cannot get any job in the private sector so must take a military defense job building objects of death and killing, and without a hint of irony, you call this positive....positive like HIV positive.

Nice slander. I'm about as anti-marxist as any true conservative.

You are no where near a true conservative and you are totally Marxist. It matters not that you've never read anything written by or about Marx, most Marxists haven't, which was what compelled Karl Marx to one day declare; "I am not a Marxist!" You are definitely a Marxist.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jean Paul ZodeauxYour foolish assumption otherwise is just one more example of how lazy you are, and how seemingly uninterested you are in any form of critical thought.

You seem to be a master at rhetoric but are of little substance. Ever considered a career in politics?

Originally posted by Jean Paul ZodeauxOf course, this is not what I have done, this is just you framing my argument in your Marxist world view, that's all. I am critical of the unemployed screaming "jobs, jobs, jobs" because few of these people support free market principles, have no intention of going into business for themselves, and have no understanding of (just like you) of economic principles, but somehow think governments responsibility is to supply them with a job.

That is your myopic view of these people, which, based on an analysis of your previous posts, has no basis in reality and only exists in that large head of yours. Thousands of middle class conservatives who are out of a job because of outsourcing and can't compete with slave labor are all marxists for being angry they are losing their jobs to foreigners?

I'm sorry, but you just can't call just everyone who disagrees with you a "marxist". That isn't the how the real world works, but an uneducated farm worker like you wouldn't understand. We'll be waiting until your job is outsourced (surprised it isn't yet, seeing as it most probably does not require any skills or talent) and I sure hope you won't have any qualms working for a few pennies a day to compete globally.

Originally posted by Jean Paul ZodeauxMost people who call themselves "conservatives" have no idea what they are conserving. In the United States the only true conservative is the one who works to conserve the Constitution for the United States of America...you know,that document you have no idea what it states or means?

Of course, I'm not going to invoke ad-populum here, but generally when it comes to subjective topics such as politics and certain people believe themselves to be "the true ____" while the millions of others are wrong and ignorant, they are typically the ones who are wrong and often appear foolishly ignorant while doing so.

No conservative has a problem with the constitution, but we don't believe in full blown anarchy like some of you extremists. Perhaps you need to come back to reality before making such wild accusations?

Originally posted by Jean Paul ZodeauxIn a thread titled "what private sector experience does Ron Paul bring to the table" you play your hand and finally admit you are nothing more than a mediocre scientist who cannot get any job in the private sector so must take a military defense job building objects of death and killing, and without a hint of irony, you call this positive....positive like HIV positive.

Richard Feynmann (one of the greatest physicists of the 20th century), Robert Oppenheimer (father of the U.S atom bomb), Leo Szilard (father of the nuclear reaction that led to creation of nuclear armaments) must all be mediocre scientists who couldn't have found work in the private sector. All Americans owe them our freedoms, for if they were working the Nazis during WWII, the Nazis would have developed the atom bomb and we would have surely lost the war.

But of course, an uneducated person such as yourself would be unfamiliar with their accomplishments and how they practically guaranteed our victory in the war against the Nazis and Japan.

Originally posted by Jean Paul ZodeauxYou are no where near a true conservative and you are totally Marxist. It matters not that you've never read anything written by or about Marx, most Marxists haven't, which was what compelled Karl Marx to one day declare; "I am not a Marxist!" You are definitely a Marxist.

Yes, because anyone who believes in any form of government is a marxist. I think you need to grow up, seriously. Let me guess, millions of conservatives who believe in small government must also be marxists because they aren't extreme anarchists like you? Fortunately, your opinion is only popular among a fringe minority of society and will never be taken seriously by the majority.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   
OP, you're asking the wrong questions (the questions in the title).

You don't need executive experience to create jobs in America, you need the humility and knowledge to know how to let the free market take its course without government intervention.

Presidents aren't supposed to CREATE jobs, like Obama is trying to do that by using government funding to (fraudulent) growth that we all know it is unsustainable.

The question I would ask is:

What does Ron Paul bring to the table in terms of strengthening the economy?

Well for one, he bases almost his entire economic platform on Austrian economics and has been studying economics for 40 years. He understands the concept and reality of SOUND MONEY and how entities like the FED creates boom/bust cycles which are detrimental to the economy, especially when the government comes and provides relief to distort the market and economy even more. Hell when asked in a debate what the GOP candidates would do instead of being at the debate, most of them gave the typical answer of being at home with family, playing with the dogs and watching football. Ron Paul said he'd be at home reading an economy text book. Plastic...meet DIAMOND.

How do you create jobs? Companies need more profits for expansion and growth. How do you get companies more profits? You create an environment for companies to grow.

No more picking winners and losers

No more government backed bailouts and mega-loans

No more printing money out of thin air

No more insane tax rates that strangle competition

No more fascism.

Is experience in the private sector absolutely needed to accomplish these things? Not necessarily.

Just because candidates like Mitt Romney is worth almost a quarter billion and calls himself a job creator with private sector experience, doesn't mean he is going to do the right thing. Yes, he had the fortune of wealthy family backing to execute leveraged buyouts and get rich doing it but most of us can see exactly where he is coming from.

His top donors being his own former company, Bain & Co., JP Morgan, Goldman Sachs, Credit Suisse, Citi and BoA. His campaign advisers all having connections to dirty Washington and the military industrial complex in one way or another.

Do we REALLY want ANOTHER one of these!? Just because he keeps repeating about his time in the private sector?

THINK ABOUT IT.

p.s.

- Working hard and saving money to accomplish things like going to college and medical school.

- His time as a medical doctor making a healthy profit while still having the heart to provide free medical care to those who need it.

- And his extremely successful stock portfolio where he started investing in gold and gold mining companies decades ago when he first realizing how the future of the economy was starting to shape out and what the federal reserve was up to.

edit on 17-1-2012 by eLPresidente because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 11:55 PM
link   
You might want to watch this, because he makes alot more sense than you are making.

Let me know how it's going in a couple of years if you get your way

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Diablos

......." But, even your pacifist cult leader wants to cut spending for defense and gutting jobs in the defense industry as a result. "

Yes he does , 300 Dollar Toilet Seats, 100 Dollar Hammers, Impractical Weapons Systems that become Obsolete right after they are Built , etc.......etc..... The Majority of Wasteful Goverment Spending Involves Over Inflated Military Budgets . Whatever happened to the Concept of " More Bang For Your Buck " ? Today , it's More like More Bucks For the Same Bang , how much longer can this Country Afford that Price Tag ?

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 01:47 AM
link   
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 02:41 AM
link   
Mr Paul seems to have both the MSM and the soft money lubricated elected officials shaking in their boots. Mr Paul has the MSM and said officials overconfident that they can spin things in their direction while the masses don't notice. Mr Paul also seems to have the large portion of the constituency (both left and right) that is constantly dependent on someone else taking care of business shaking in their boots as well. Reading the comments from posters here and bloggers elsewhere on the web magnifies my statement. The left/right paradigm is dead, both parties completely ruled by soft money under the guise of bipartisan support from the constituency. What the hell is it with people that makes them support anyone who's interest couldn't possibly be further from their own? Tonight's brilliant example of Faux news coverage is another classic example of how dire the situation is. I read an article by Bob Cesca at HuffPo regarding Ron Paul supporters as insane. And Mr Cesca has the audacity to call his radio show genius. I guess that should be our first clue to Mr Cesca's disingenuous attempt at journalism. I am continuously reminded but not surprised by Americans inability to honestly assess the corruption that has become common practice within the scope of governance over our republic. Americans have selfishly had it good for so long that one does not have to look very hard in any direction to see how truly afraid the average person is of the sacrifices needed from the majority of all of us to effect change. These sacrifices will also require people to actually fight for transparency while demanding accountability as opposed to seeing how many of our rights we can collectively give up under the guise of being a safer nation. Tonight, people at the debate booed Ron Paul over the golden rule while cheering the killing of others (as long as someone else is the soldier). If that isn't a sign that we are living in the Twilight Zone then I don't know what is. Looking back I now realize that I was not yet awakened enough to understand that Mr Obama could not, nor would not fix what ails us. The same is and was true of any Republican candidate with the exception of Mr Paul. The steps necessary to fix our broken republic will not come easy or without sacrifice. I view Mr Paul as our republic's last shot at any attempt for reform, successful or not, before the whole damn thing blows up in our faces because of our inability to cohesively create meaningful results. While I'm at it I need to mention how baffling it is to me as a veteran to hear armchair quarterbacks with zero military experience, let alone not having traveled anywhere outside of US borders(a posh resort in the Caribbean or Mexico excluded) continuously pontificate and over generalize the thoughts and needs of masses of people in far away places they view on TV. Collectively it all may be the writing on the wall that the real sacrifice is coming a hell of a lot sooner than most of us would care or be prepared to live through. I wont be surprised one iota if the whole damn global economy goes into the the drain by early March leaving the prospects of our future a grim reality as chaos unfolds. Nor would I be surprised if the killing in the east escalates further and the falling dominoes continue to take away anything good about calling yourself an American. The other day in one of our work break rooms I mentioned to some still sleeping citizens the ironic fact that America having killed a couple of hundred thousand innocent Japanese people with nukes still has the audacity to render itself the leading authority on which nations should or should not have nuclear weapons. This came after listening to people pontificate on what we ought to do as a nation to help continue spreading "freedom" in places that have been around a hell of a lot longer than the US. The irony was incredible. It was a telling moment of just how little thought goes into anything from people that consider themselves a viable part of the solution. One thing for sure. 2012 will be a another year of showdowns. The big difference is that the occupy movement might just be precursor to what lies in our very near future. It is a thin line between chaos and order and we have a lot of variables on the table. Tonight's example of what is suppose to be fair and balanced news shows that there is more potential and probability for that fine line between chaos and order to be challenged in ways we didn't think possible because collectively we can't see through the smoke and mirrors. We as citizens allow people considering themselves patriots to destroy that which we consider assets of our republic. Ron Paul has a lot of courage. The moral compass required to do the right thing may be the ultimate showdown for us. Having so many self involved hypocritical psychopaths in power doesn't help. Anyone questioning authority is labeled a nut job or conspiracy theorist. Just go back to sleep. Nothing to see here

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Diablos
...he's never ran a successful corporation

Wow, shame on me. This whole time I though Ron Paul and the candidates were running for President of the United States.

If I had known we were electing a new CEO for a corporation I would have chosen a business man.

Instead I choose an honest, intelligent man with the most favorable background,who will lead by the constitution, isn't a babbling psychopath, and doesn't wear the plastic smile of a politician.

Originally posted by DiablosSo what? Are you jealous of him having come from a successful and wealthy family? What do you want to do? Redistribute the wealth he legally earned because it was "unethical"?

I've met some really weird libertarians on this site that seem to really sound like communists and extreme leftists. Normally, I agree with libertarians on economic issues (social issues and foreign policy is where they falter)

Thats not what he was saying at all. What he was implying is that you shouldn't look to Romney as some brilliant prophet savior of the world.

He was born into tons and tons of money and got handed everything he could ever wish for.

Its almost like crediting Paris Hilton for her fame

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fitch303
He runs his own medical practice.....................

Lol one of those instantly shut-down threads

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 03:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Diablos
Many Americans are buying this whole "change" notion that Ron Paul is about, much like 0bama. Also, similarly to 0bama, this guy has no private sector experience. He doesn't understand how jobs are created, he's never ran a successful corporation, nor does he have much experience with the complexities of our financial and banking industries.

Also Ron Paul is against protectionism and supports the mass outsourcing of American jobs, while the other GOP candidates have at the very least said they are against this and proposed some solutions to fix it.

How can you expect this man to win when he doesn't understand the intricacies of job creation and supports more and more Americans losing their jobs because of corporations outsourcing them to foreign employees willing to work for a few pennies a day?

As one famed economist noted 'The Commander in Chief does not have to be Chief Executive Officer'.

All of this stuff about 'I've been in the private sector, I know what it takes' is largely nonsense. Yes, having worked in business or industry does afford one greater 'on the ground' insight into it, but so what? Is that to say that every person who has ever been a career politician has never been a good political economist? What about that conservative idol, Reagan? Did he learn his economics of job-creation on the stage of hollywood films? Maybe he just had good ideas and came along at a time where those ideas yielded positive results.

Way, way too much is being expected of the office of President. What happens if Romney wins in '12, and the House of Reps (humour me - this is hypothetical) becomes democratically controlled again? 4 years of the same thing?

All of this talk about 'I'm a businessman, I know what American needs'. Well, honestly, that is not actually true. Businesses largely exist to make profit. Government largely exists to facilitate conditions where we can all be our happiest, most prosperous, and can achieve the greatest utility across society. Just because someone knows their way around a hostile-takeover or a leveraged buyout DOES NOT mean that they are endowed with some supernaturally fantastic ability to serve in the highest office in the land.

NB this not directed at Romney personally, just the idea that if one has never been on the board of directors then they cannot possibly make a good politician is a total load of nonsense.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 03:33 AM
link   
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 03:35 AM
link   
reply to post by duality90

What is with the priapistic obsession this nation has with the wealthy? they don't want the help or support of a bunch of plebs they just want to domineer, don't you understand?

I think much of it must lay with the fallacy that most people (well, statistically not 'most', but a significant portion of the American population) think that they will have a net worth of over 1M dollars next year (which, truth be told, is not actually that much money). Consuming a total lie. The vast majority of people will never, ever earn that much money. What's the point of defending your right to bite at a hook that is too high for you to catch?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join