It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OBE - I Want to believe.. But am I close? or am I fooling myself. Need incite and guidance.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   
I want to start out by saying thank you to anyone responding to this. I have always wanted to experience things greater then what is common knowledge one of those things would be Astral Projection. I have read books on how to do it, I listen to Binaural beats (theta) I try to meditate, relax my muscles head to toe, follow my breaths and with all this, I feel like I am close all the time, but just not quite there. Like I am right on the edge of my eyelids or trying to come out of my head, sometimes my limbs start to feel numb, like I could be separating or close to. But nothing more. So I was hoping for for direct incite and help from people who actual can do this. I believe it can be done, my concern is can I do it, or are these things I am feeling, just normal things that I am now paying extra attention too or am I actually close?

I also seem to have trouble when I am at that point, not thinking. I am at that point, if you get my meaning. I use the Binaural beats 1) to block out an outside noise, and 2 to give me something else to concentrate on or not I guess is more my meaning. I also have trouble with my eye lids. They seems to flutter, so I have to be in total darkness( which lends myself to being at night and just going to sleep lol) or some sort of covering. But even in darkness, my eye lids seem to stay some what cracked. Should this be a concern? or is this really have nothing to do with it.

I guess that is the start of this thread for me, I really could use a mentor or guide, perhaps pointers or things that work well for others.

I also appreciate any feed back in something I am wondering, is this really Astral projection or Lucid Dreaming, (either one being something I would like to accomplish)

I appreciate your time and any help or guidance given.

Rgds

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   
I'd suggest checking out this site (Dreamviews) for anything related to lucid dreaming, astral projection and out of body experiences. Their forums are very active and their members are extremely helpful. There are a ton of guides/tips posted throughout pertaining to any of those topics I posted above.

This site greatly helped me out with lucid dreaming and getting into sleep paralysis. Overall it has been a good tool.
edit on 1/17/2012 by UnholyBones because: format

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Getting an out of body experience is really not easy that takes time of practice. Look on ATS search for out of body and you will find info. I have purchased Robert Monroe CDs and never went out of body, but I'm sure there are many techniques besides listening to sounds ie meditation practices. Sorry don't know what else to say. Good luck.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   
OBEs are just dreams. I wouldn't catagorize them as lucid. Lucidity brings an incredible sense of freedom, since you know nothing is real and you know you don't have to worry about anything. When you find yourself in an OBE scenario, you lack that sense of freedom since you believe it's real on some level, and my be fearful about things you encounter or getting back to your body.

Dreams form around what you have your attention focused on. Usually what you are thinking about when you fall asleep, but most of the time they form around the hypnogogic imagery experienced in the early stages of sleep. But sometime we fall asleep right away, skipping the hypnogogic stage, When this happens, the dream seed defaults to the last thing you were aware of, which is being in your bed in your room. So you get a dream that is built around your room or house.

To experience an OBE scenario for yourself, you'd need to find a way to fall asleep right away. For me, it usually happens as I'm falling asleep and notice I can feel a dream arm that is not in the same position of my real arm. I can move it around and feel it just like a real arm, while still being aware of my real physical arms. So I swing my arms around and try to roll out of my body. The head and torso are particularly difficult to detach, but persistent rolling and rocking usually does the trick.

I've had my fair share of these OBE scenarios, but ultimately had to come to the conclusion that it's just a dream.
edit on 17-1-2012 by The Cusp because: typo

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by UnholyBones

Thank you,

Very cool site, seems to have a lot of resources, I am def a tutorial kinda person

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by The Cusp

I appreciate the feedback, I myself am still wondering, I have had lucid dreams, where I knew I was dreaming and could do anything, always woke myself up the more I controlled it though. But it was pure luck, or the burrito I ate the night before =)

In any of your dreams have you seen yourself?

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by ShiftTrio

Lucid dreams are awesome. As another poster above said, you feel so free as you know it is only a dream. You can control your experience and the really vivid ones are actually indistinguishable in terms of how real it feels from waking reality. You look down and see your hands as though it is actually real. You can feel, taste, hear, see - everything the same as you are now.

OBE's are much harder to achieve in my experience. An actual conscious separation from the body through some sort of technique requires a lot of practice and will power. There are just so many things that can go the wrong way and stop it from happening.

Some good resources for pure astral projection. The best book I have read on it is Astral Dynamics by Robert Bruce. Goes into a lot of detail for techniques as well as a few of his experiences. Goes into a lot of detail on the energy body and explains his theory on what is actually happening. Very good. He actually has written an article on the net you can find by googling "treatise on astral projection" which goes into a few techniques he uses. The book is much more involved and well worth it if you are serious.

Another one recently came up on this forum. One topic spoke about a free e-book that will make you have an OBE in 3 days. Seems quite good too. Different technique where you immediately try to seperate from your body when you wake up. They reckon they have a pretty good strike rate. Here is the link:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Robert Monroe gateway experience is also very good. Put me into the deepest meditation I have gone pretty much the second time I listened to it where your body is asleep but your mind is awake.

I think the key is finding out what works for you personally. I am still trying to get an OBE like yourself. Just hope some of these resources may give you that little extra bit of info that may tip you over the edge. Although bottom line is you have to have consistent practice.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by ShiftTrio

Hello ShiftTrio.
Meditation on the body and breathing is a good way to loosen up. For me, the initial barrier to OBE was that I was trying too hard. Do not force it or expect it. Let go of your preconceived ideas about it and let go of your expectations about it. Make the intention to have an out of body experience, then be at peace. Do not try, do not think about it, simply observe the peace. It will happen when it will happen. The first time I finally achieved an OBE, I didn't even realize I was out of body until several moments had passed.

Do you have any fear of OBE? When you believe that you are close to having an OBE, do you become anxious or excited? These emotions can hold you back. Be at peace.

Also, there is nothing wrong with slightly opened eyes. One of the greatest experts on meditation, the Buddha, often meditated with his eyes slightly opened.

I hope this helps. May peace be with you.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Sahabi

Thanks for the reply, I would not say scared as much as excited, or is this it?? kinda of moment. I don't have any fear of this, but probably to much expectation. I will keep at it, if anything, It is great stress relief.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by ChopperFan

Hey Chopper fan, Thanks for the info, much appreciated.

Let me know if you make any progress.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   
you can always try ayahuasca or dmt, one time I flew around my organs and around my brain and exited through the third eye stargate and there I was just floating there, I turn around and I see myself lying down in bed with my eyes closed, it was the coolest thing ever.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Look at a book called "mastering astral projection" by robert bruce and brian mercer. Its a very practical, hands on book that is designed to build up from nothing, to being able to astral project. Not sure youll be a "master" after 90 days, but if stuck to, youll have something.

Unless you are a natural (like Monroe was), which is very, very rare, youll need to train yourself. Training to OBE is like trying to exercise an atrophied muscle, and just like an atrophied muscle, trying to move it without actually strengthening it up is going to be severely hit and miss... mostly miss. But once you weight train that "OBE muscle" for weeks and months, its becomes easier, and easier, and just like a muscle, the more you use it, the stronger it becomes.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Cusp

I've had my fair share of these OBE scenarios, but ultimately had to come to the conclusion that it's just a dream.

Many OBEs can incorporate aspects of your subconscious in them, which projects outward sometimes in OBEs.

It seems you could be having very low energy astral projections, which are common for all people in sleep. When that happens, it is very easy to fall into a dream state, or even switch between the two. There are many different states of OBE.

With some training, you might be surprised at the differences between a low energy projection, and one with more power behind it.
edit on 1/17/2012 by CaticusMaximus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShiftTrio
reply to post by The Cusp

I appreciate the feedback, I myself am still wondering, I have had lucid dreams, where I knew I was dreaming and could do anything, always woke myself up the more I controlled it though. But it was pure luck, or the burrito I ate the night before =)

In any of your dreams have you seen yourself?

You know, not that I think of it, I've never actually bothered to look! One of the tricks of dream control is that everything requires your attention to exist, so I don't personally put too much importance in whether I see my body or not since it all depends if I focus on finding my body or not.

As for waking up from lucids, check out Mzzkc's thread on stabilization over on that DreamViews site.
www.dreamviews.com...
It's got my seal of approval!

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Hi try. And search one ape visual aids that's what helped me it like a vortex. Of circles ans staring into the middle can help later that night when attempting to ape
You can do it anybody can get your
ind to except. That and the rest will fallow oh and when it does. Happen try not to be scared my first time. Was like a roller. Coster. Ride
Good lustre. And VISUALIZE. IT

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Over the last two year I've been having a lot of spontaneous lucid dreams. I've since developed a technique that causes it to happen about 9 out of 10 times. I posted some of the details here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Basically it's a three step process. You'll need an alarm clock, in-ear headphones, and the cord from the headphones should be long enough that it can reach from the computer to your bed.

1. Set your alarm clock to go off about at 4 or 5 AM (it's typically best to go to sleep by about 10PM or 11PM so you get 6 hours of rest).

2. In the morning when the alarm goes off, put your headphones on, and start the sbagen program (here's the download link) using

## .SBG file – Theta 6 Hz, on 759 Hz carrier wave at 25 dB.

ts: 759+6/25
    0:00 ts

or from the command line,

./sbagen -i 759+6/25

3. Next, load up the lucidology timer (using the swf or download the exe). I typically use "Ramp 5" and I set it to play the alarm sound 27 times. If you're having a hard time getting back to sleep set the "interval 1" time a little bit higher.

Now lay on your back and don't let yourself rollover to fall asleep. I find it's helpful while trying to fall back asleep to mentally state some goals about what I want to accomplish. For instance, if you want to have a lucid dream in the Grand Canyon try to actively imagine what the scenery would look like. Don't be disappointed though if you don't materialize where you want to.

The real reason for trying to imagine the environment is because it helps to keep your mind lucid as you begin to slip into the hypnagogic state (the transitional period between wakefulness and sleep). In the hypnagogic state you might start to see colors, patterns, or symbols floating in the air. The next and most noticeable change happens after you've fallen asleep and the lucidology timer wakes you up. As you dip from awake to back asleep on the third or forth alarm beep (typically 35-40 minutes in) you'll start to notice the transition into paralysis. It's an unmistakable feeling. Here you'll begin to feel your nonphysical body disassociate from the physical. Often the sensation is one of disorientation or a feeling like an electric buzz.

For me it's not uncommon once it starts to feel as though I'm rolling around my physical bodies central axis (like a pig on a rotisserie) from head-to-feet into the bed. It takes awhile to learn how to control this. Once you're disassociated you can move your body parts no different than how you normally would. However at the start, if you're not fully disassociated, it's common to mistakenly move the physical rather than the nonphysical appendage. This will wake you up. To get around this, the pros have come up with what they call "movement-free reality checks." I haven't tried these techniques (usually I just ad-hoc it) so your mileage will vary.

I've since gotten to the point where I can reliably disassociate my legs and slide myself to the right. Almost like a ghost pictured hovering above a bed. Then at that point I pivot about my navel like a seesaw and pitch my body forward so my feet come in contact with the floor. At that point I can walk around normally.

The next big hurdle is getting visibility. It's really helpful once you get out to be patient and try to find a light source in the environment. Once you find something that's luminous focus on it. This will cause the rest of the world to draw in. Often in the interim while waiting to be able to see, I typically use my hands to feel around my environment. Right next to my bed I have a dresser. So the first thing I always do is place my right hand on the top of the dresser. Then I stand up. At this point I try to feel my way around my apartment as I look for a light.

Whenever you notice yourself starting to wake up. The best thing to do is to not "over-think." Over-thinking will almost always drag you straight back to wakefulness. Instead, just patiently move about and leave discernible intentional pauses between your actions. As you get better the need for pauses will get shorter and shorter.

And that's about it! I'd be curious to know if this works for anyone else.
edit on 18-1-2012 by Xtraeme because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 06:40 AM
link   
At the age of 10 out of no where I had my first and ONLY lucid dream.

I saw a man walking on water and for some reason in my dream - AT AGE 10, I was able to distinguish between the possible and impossible in my dream and realised this was not real so I must have been dreaming.

Why cant I do that now?

I blame the drugs. Not one night I smoke pot do I see/remember my dreams.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Cusp
OBEs are just dreams.

I've been "pulled" out of my body by a Maori friend. I started to tell him of the experience the next day and he laughed and told me the rest of it.

Telepathic dream, OBE, or am I lying?
edit on 20/1/12 by NuclearPaul because: (no reason given)

top topics

join