It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report: Iran planning attacks on U.S. targets in Turkey

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by MDDoxs
What could a attack such as this accomplish except to alienate Iran further from the rest of the world including its quasi allies and propegate a War....

I would agree that the report is to just promote fear and distrust.
edit on 17-1-2012 by MDDoxs because: (no reason given)

It would purely be a "look what we did to the great satan" propoganda win. Since Iran has no free media and the people are spoon fed the lies, it will be passed off as Iran staring the great satan down and winning.

Pretty much what they recently did with the letter Obama sent them about closing down the straights. Iran released in their media that the Us is scared of Irans threats and the letter stated as much.

As far as the poor justification another poster made about "the our scientists arent being killed". If Iran has proof, then show it. They have bounced back and forth on blame, between the US and Israel.

Secondly, if Iran doesnt like having key people assassinated then they should comply with IAEA / NPT obligations, along with not plotting to assassinate the Saudi Ambassador to the US in Washington DC.

I will never cease to be amazed how some people will go to great lengths to justify Iranian actions in addition to making excuses for them based on noting but blind hatred of the US.
edit on 17-1-2012 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Please read Ezekiel 38 and 39, trust me what ever way it happens will not go their way, be an Israelite trust in God and fear not and he will deliver you from your enemies be it giants or outnumbered but that is not even the case so America is well prepared.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   
I think we now know the BIG 3's next "assignment"....

Perfect ......

Attack a U.S. Embassy in a NATO country

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Maybe they can get some Israeli hackers to do it, and blame it on the Iranians.

Or maybe they will get a U.S. drone to do it and blame that on the Iranians.

Nothing would surprise me after the last few months.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Remember Iran did attack and wreck the British Embassy in Iran on November 29th just last year as well........

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   
If they did go ahead and attack Turkey for real it would be a good idea for them to target this as well

www.abovetopsecret.com...

The new long range radar array built in Turkey

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   
The radar array is one ore piece of the nessessary equipment that it takers for complete air superiority over the Ianis....
Watch as these pieces fill the board, and youll know when to expect it to kick in....
Aircraft will have to be forwarded to the middle east before hostilities can be initiated....
especially the fighter bombers and tankers thaqt keep them flying....
It behooves us to pay attention to the aircraft now assigned to Libya and the Libyan ground insertion,
If no more squadrons are sent from the states, then they will be using the Libyan theater one i suspect.....
With whats available in theater right now, i dont believe theyll chance to strike Iran....even with Isreals airfoece, which by the way, is not really suited to the kind of weapons it takes to drill into mountains....B2s or B52s etc will be used too....
All this will take some definate shifting around, and id be watching that area right now for signs of movement.....
/That radar is a good example.....what else are they waiting for?
Ask yourself that.........

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   
This is such garbage.

Iran's biggest ally in the region is Turkey. Why would Iran do this? They are not that stupid.

Not to mention the newspaper reporting this, the Zaman daily, has reported lots of BS in the past.

reply to post by Corruption Exposed

Turkish intelligence officials accuse Israel of aiding the Kurdish rebel group PKK,

Duh. It's well known that the US and Israel have been training and arming the PKK for a long time.
edit on 17-1-2012 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by bussoboy
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

With this Iran thing, if you go to the Project Camelot achieves you will find an interview “The Anglo Saxon Mission.’ The whistleblower concerned was invited to a meeting which he thought was a council meeting and the other people at the meeting assumed he was one of them.

This interview is very informative, illuminating and will help you join the dots. Note that Iran is not the final target here, they are merely part of the plan.

Thanks for mentioning The Anglo Saxon Mission ,
I have just read it, and I must say it is very eye opening

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Zaman Newspaper is owned by the Gulen Movement who have their own agenda. The Gulen Movement are/were highly connected to the ruling AKP Party but have recently had differences of opinion that are being stated publicly.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   
I cannot believe that any of you here seriously thinks that all this propaganda talk about war...mostly generated by Iran or agents of in an effort to back out of the corner they have put themselves in as well as painted a Bullseye on their own foreheads...so now after saying possibly the ONE statement other than...We have developed a Nuclear Weapon...that did make the U.S. Military as well as U.S. Space Command and a massive influx of USN Carriers and Ageis Class cruisers that are now installed with Next Generation Missle Interceptors as well as Space Commands upgrade to fully opperational on Weapon Systems I cannot go into...as the U.S. will not use Nukes even if Iran Blows one of in the Strait...because the U.S. does not want to contaminate Oil supplies as well as Gas Pipelines that are necessary to Russia....and Oil necesary to China...all othe these countries...the U.S., Russia, China and Nato countries are and have been made aware that if IRAN carries out it's threat...the U.S. will go in on the ground to secure all Nuclear Facilities as well as destroy the entire Iranian Navy, Airforce, Military Installations but knowing this is but just the Iranian Leadership taking these Mad positions and threats...the U.S. will NOT GO NUCLEAR...but rather use Non-Nuclear EMP devices to render innert land based Iranian Troops and Weapons as well as use a host of other Next Generation Weapons to protect any launches of Missles at any other Middle Eastern Country...and it is Highly Unlikely that the Iranians have the tech. to make a Nuclear Weapon that is small enough to be attached to an ICBM....but even in this unlikely of senarios...the U.S. is ready to LASE it or Intercept it.

Irans people are good people just like any other country...it is the remenants of the 1979 Islamic Revolution that is possibly crazy enough to go down in flames hoping the U.S. will use Nukes and enrage the entire Middle East..but they have miscalculated as American Weapons have gone far beyond the stage of Nuclear Weapons being our most powerful or prefered weapon to shut down a country rather than kill all it's people...especially a Iranian Majority that is but a few years prior to kicking out the old Guard and becoming a free prosperous state. I have been privy to some information and the best thing that can happen now is for both the Chinese and the Russians to inform the Iranian Leadership what will happen if they decide to go to war...they will loose QUICKLY, they will loose their power and ability to control the masses who to this point have been brutilized by a small group of thugs with battons and guns...and Russia and China will stand by and watch as they have been guaranteed that their energy needs will be filled. The U.S. was flying F-117's over Russia and China in 1982...they were never detected...that was 30 years ago...the U.S. has released data on the ULTIMATE WEAPON and it is ready now....ATS gave me 500 points for pointing out it,s capabilities and how no one took notice...this weapon will be used in an Iran conflict with UNBELIEVABLE RESULTS...Russia and China know about it...they should tell IRAN! If Iran believes Russia and China...I think this will be enough to bring IRAN back into the NPT as well as abandon their nuclear ambitions as NUKES are now becoming obsolete. This is why the U.S. has no problem lowering their stockpiles to a mnimum as they will no longer be needed. Google...FREE ELECTON LASER...it is the ULTIMATE WEAPON and only the U.S. has it as it is 60 years ahead of any other countries research. Powered by a Nuclear Reactor...Discover Magazine has stated that it can burn through 1000ft. of SOLID STEEL in a matter of seconds and will be placed on all U.S. Carriers and Cruisers as well as it has already been made operational on Land based areas as well as certain secret Sea Based Platforms...used in conjuction with a SAT targeting Mirror system using multipe Super Computers and this weapon can destroy any target on Earth, Land, Sea, Air, Space...and penetrate below Ocean depths or Mountains at the SPEED OF LIGHT. This is not Sci-Fi...it is now! Widen the Laser Beam and you can vaporize entire Military Bases and there is no defense of this type of weapon since unlike othe Lasers...it is not hindered by Clowds or Atmosphere nor can it's SAT system be shot down as they are Guarded by the same system. Check it out...it is a way to destroy anything...anywhere...without radioactivity or massive collateral damage...but it can target thousands of Missles and destroy them at the point where they reach space before reentry or actually vaporize the Uranium or Plutonium in the warhead before it hits the ground or in the case of a cruise missle. Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mkoll
If they did go ahead and attack Turkey for real it would be a good idea for them to target this as well

www.abovetopsecret.com...

The new long range radar array built in Turkey

Brilliant !

And just who is capable of doing THAT ?

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by deessell
Zaman Newspaper is owned by the Gulen Movement who have their own agenda. The Gulen Movement are/were highly connected to the ruling AKP Party but have recently had differences of opinion that are being stated publicly.

JPost (By Wikipedia ) says:

[color=gold]Zaman is known to be related with the Fethullah Gülen movement but the movement is not the owner

Zaman (newspaper)

By Wikipedia

Zaman (literally "time" or "era" in Turkish) is a major, high-circulation daily newspaper in Turkey. It was founded in 1986 and was the first Turkish daily to go online in 1995 . It contains national (Turkish), international, business and other news. It also has many regular columnists who cover current affairs, interviews and a culture section. Zaman is known to be related with the Fethullah Gülen movement but the movement is not the owner. It is a conservative newspaper which has a moderate Islamic worldview. Zaman, which declares itself as in support of democracy and secularism, is regarded as Islamic, or Islamist, by some sources.

Zaman (newspaper)

Maybe Zaman has "hidden" investors and advertiser$.

Hmmm.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Less Sunni newspapers in Turkey, such as Hurrieyet are reporting a different version.

An Iranian security official said if there would be any attack on Iran they will ‘definitely’ target the missile system which is planned to be stationed in the eastern province of Malatya as part of NATO’s missile defense project and they have a plan to counteract the shield.

Maybe not US targets but more NATO. Looks like a scream for attention by the Gulen Movement "inspired" Zaman 'Sunni' Newspaper.

Seems a more realistic version of the events.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

And usa has 'free' media?

I guess you are having NDAA 2012 now.thats the funny part.'Free' .

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Let's not forget Turkey is a NATO member. So, an attack on Turkey would then likely make the response a NATO one rather than an Israeli or US attack on Iran. Gets the US and Israel off the hook as the aggressors too and they get to play the victim again.

Seriously, this is one of the lamest scenarios they have come up with yet, but they don't care how lame it looks if it gets the war started. Also means Israel gets to stay out of the NATO response against Iran, but would probably take the opportunity to attack Lebanon again, and maybe Gaza too.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   

I think we need to crank your FF meter up a notch

Iran Threatens To Torpedo US Carriers In The Persian Gulf

Tomorrow they're going to accuse Iran of conspiring with aliens to take over the world.

That would be their most believable story yet.
edit on 18-1-2012 by Corruption Exposed because: their not there

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed

I think we need to crank your FF meter up a notch

Iran Threatens To Torpedo US Carriers In The Persian Gulf

Tomorrow they're going to accuse Iran of conspiring with aliens to take over the world.

That would be there most believable story yet.

I saw the article and really laughed !!

[long deep inhale …… fast loud exhale]

False Flag Meter at level:

+7

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   
This is not on U.S. interests so it's probably just the Kurds, but I'm wondering if they will try to blame Iran.

ANKARA, Turkey - An official in Turkey says several people have been injured in an explosion in a city made up mostly of Kurds.

Gov. Muammer Turker says there were no fatalities in Thursday's explosion in the southeastern city of Hakkari.

www.globalmontreal.com...

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join