It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report: Iran planning attacks on U.S. targets in Turkey

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Report: Iran planning attacks on U.S. targets in Turkey

www.haaretz.com

The Turkish newspaper Zaman reported Tuesday that Turkish intelligence has warned that Iran’s Revolutionary Guard is planning attacks on the American embassy and American consulates throughout the country.

According to the report, Turkey’s security forces have warned police in all 81 districts throughout the country, telling them to remain alert and vigilant.

The report states that according to Turkish intelligence, it is likely that a cell of the Quds Unit of Iran’s Revolutionary Guard is p
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Turkish intelligence says it's likely that the Quds are planning an attack on the American embassy in Turkey, could this be propaganda?

They also claim Hezbollah is in on it too. Personally, I believe this report is a fabrication with the intention of demonizing Iran. The report even goes on to say that Iran is supporting an illegal organization within Turkey.

The timing for this announcement is perfect since Iran just had one of it's scientists assassinated. Also, we can't forget the recent explosions. I couldn't think of a better time to produce a report like this.

It appears that Turkey is trying to regain regional superiority.

www.haaretz.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

Blatant fear-mongering?

Second.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Turds will never learn. bring it on.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by YouAreLiedTo

I think it's propaganda that is intended to cause fear among the people who believe the daily lies that come out of the MSM.

I think they went a little overboard on this one. They managed to blame Iran on wanting to attack Turkey, cooperating with Hezbollah for this devious plan, and also supporting an illegal group within Turkey.

I don't see any of Turkey's scientists getting blown up.
edit on 17-1-2012 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   

This sounds like a bad soap opera building to the series finale only with countries of course, "He said, she said, im warning him about her friend's brothers, wifes, mother threatening to hit her with a spoon" bla bla fricken bla.

The sad thing is that this type of mince is believed by quite a lot of people.

If there really was any threat such as the one in the article, it would not be in the public domain, pure and simple.

edit on 17-1-2012 by XXXN3O because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   
What could a attack such as this accomplish except to alienate Iran further from the rest of the world including its quasi allies and propegate a War....

I would agree that the report is to just promote fear and distrust.
edit on 17-1-2012 by MDDoxs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   
I would say yes this appears to be propaganda, attacking US targets in Turkey would only serve to get Iran leveled - I wouldn't think that to be a smart move for them but if a country (US) is choking you to death financially, you gotta do what you gotta do. It wouldn't serve them any good to make the first strike. This is a call to rally people to be in favor of attacking Iran. I wouldn't be surprised if the US blew up their own targets in Turkey as a false flag OP to gain support to go to war with Iran, much like Iraq, 9/11 and the WMD craze. Then Obama wins President again for keeping the terrorists at bay.
edit on 17-1-2012 by mileslong54 because: (no reason given)

link   
The Turks are actually crazy enough to invoke a false flag attack on US embassies if offered the right chips...
If they are under the impression that doing so will give them a more secure position in the region they could easily try something stupid.

link   

OK, $5 to the first person who can find me a link to the actual Zaman article...Haaretz doesn't seem to have a direct cited source and I'm not yet finding the article on what appears to be the english version.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Praetorius

I did a search and was also unable to find the report.

As you said, this is typical of Haaretz so I'm not holding my breathe.

I posted this to point out the obvious propaganda that the media is bombarding us with.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   
It may also bear some consideration that many countries spend a lot of time planning attacks on other countries as a matter of "War College" activities. Heck, the UK planned an a ttack on the US, The US planned an attack on Canada... etc. etc.

But such declarations are fodder for sensationalist media, obtuse propaganda peddlers, and of course...warmongers whose profits increase as global anxiety does....

But if this is a substantial threat, I would imagine the US would issue a travellers warning or some such thing.... unless it wasn't politically expedient....

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by PFCStryker
Turds will never learn. bring it on.

Could you elaborate more, please?

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   
The situation is tense right now with Iran. They know that they will get decimated if they provoke a war. The most they will be willing to do in my opinion is just sending fiery words and accusations at the U.S. and propaganda. But who knows, maybe Iran actually DOES WMD's somewhere and are just biding there time to use them

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Skittle

bring on
vb (tr, adverb)
1. to induce or cause

I say if the bastards want to induce such an attack to the US, we're waiting.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   
IF the Iranians decided to do a preemptive strike involving a mass missile strike on the US Navy I would imagine they would coordinate it with such a strike, as well as scud launches out of Syria. If I am not mistaken the two countries kind of buddies. It would only make sense to make the most out of initiative. But then again, this is predicated on a pretty big if.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Is it still all talk?

I'm starting to believe this will never escalate into anything more than that.

And you should all be praying that it doesn't escalate.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   
This is odd...

Turkish report: Israel aiding Kurdish rebels

Turkish intelligence officials accuse Israel of aiding the Kurdish rebel group PKK, Turkish daily Today's Zaman reported on Tuesday. The paper quoted intelligence officials as saying that Israeli drone activity has been detected in the Hatay and Adana provinces in recent months, and that the unmanned aerial vehicles collected intelligence for the Kurdish rebels.

Now I really want to see the report on Iran. Could the group they accuse Israel of helping be the group the accuse Iran of conspiring with? Maybe, maybe not, but this does raise some important questions.

Another Israeli news outlet mentioning reports without providing any concrete proof that these reports even exist.
edit on 17-1-2012 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   

With this Iran thing, if you go to the Project Camelot achieves you will find an interview “The Anglo Saxon Mission.’ The whistleblower concerned was invited to a meeting which he thought was a council meeting and the other people at the meeting assumed he was one of them.

This interview is very informative, illuminating and will help you join the dots. Note that Iran is not the final target here, they are merely part of the plan.

Consider this for a moment.

Since, for example, Norman times, some families in Britain and Europe have built fortunes which have passed down through the generations. With wealth comes power, with power comes influence, Influence facilitates further wealth and power but it also enables influence over government policy, particularly in key areas and influence also sets the boundaries of government decision making.

It is understandable is it not, that these families over the centuries start to take on a ‘born to rule’ belief and become the shadow government over key countries.

Consider also, the industrial development and the technological era has largely been driven from Europe which means its white, Christian and western.

Now consider, there is a kid on the block and he threatens these peoples power and influence and threaten to kick them out and rule the roost himself.

With this in mind, read the article above in the Project Camelot achieve and all will become clear.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join