It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia to Test if U.S. Radar Downed Phobos Probe

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

Khordorovsky was Russian mafia? Did you know that? He murdered a lot of people.

You should give other examples for russian state troubles,.Like car accidents caused by elite's children(there are several videos on RT and Youtube) and justice system doing nothing or like the corruption of russian elite.But you aren't going to win brownie points with the slavs by showing jews or the jewish mafia oiligarchs as if they are some doves. This will only make you westerners more hated.Russian state has its issues.

Check Gazeta.ru , kommersant,Komosomalakya Pravda.You will find local stories for troubles in Russia.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   
First it was a UFO in 1947 and now its Russian satellites....what else can US radars bring down?

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cosmic911
First it was a UFO in 1947 and now its Russian satellites....what else can US radars bring down?

My guess is pretty much anything it damn well wants.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by DJW001

If the Russians find that a radar signal isn't responsible for causing the probe to malfunction, what would that mean?

That the US has bent to their ultimatum.

Russians know damn well the US is meddling with their probes, so they might as well force some compensation for it.
edit on 17-1-2012 by Brasov because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Brasov

Are you implying that the Russian government would lie to the world about their space failures?

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   

reply to post by Brasov

Are you implying that the Russian government would lie to the world about their space failures?

I repeat cause you don't pay attention:

1. If the US fulfils the ultimatum's conditions, the downing of the Russian probe will be treated leniently.

2. Otherwise the Russians will retaliate.

Deadline is Jan. 30 when Rogozin's decision will be made.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Brasov

I repeat cause you don't pay attention:

And I repeat because you're too busy making threats on behalf of other people to pay attention: I am positive that Russia will announce that the tests came up negative. What will that mean?

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   

I am positive that Russia will announce that the tests came up negative. What will that mean?

Leniency. See point 1 above.

Will you feign to fail to understand again?

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Brasov,

The "Christian" group running the Trans World Radio towers recently tripled their output power. To transmit the "Word". The energy they are transmitting at could effect satellites as they try to reach orbit. Why on Earth is that "private" ..."christian" group transmitting at those energy levels now anyways?

Even if they were caught, plausible deniability of a Government.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Brasov

Lying is not leniency.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   

reply to post by Brasov

Lying is not leniency.

Well you need to lie to be lenient with the US for downing the probe.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   
first russia will tell america the test results.
then america will pay them of.
next russia says they found nothing...

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by buddha

What does America have that Russia doesn't? Are you implying Russia needs something?

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   

reply to post by buddha

What does America have that Russia doesn't? Are you implying Russia needs something?

Meddling in Russia's internal affairs, aka "Russian spring", for one.
Meddling in Syria's internal affairs, aka "Arab spring", for a second one.

You can't be that cut out from current events, can you?

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Brasov

Meddling in Russia's internal affairs, aka "Russian spring", for one.
Meddling in Syria's internal affairs, aka "Arab spring", for a second one.

You can't be that cut out from current events, can you?

You need to learn to stop upping the ante. What will it mean if Russia announces that a radar signal didn't jam the probe and people continue to protest Putin's latest power grab?

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   
I have a very important question. If this was a mission truly meant for Phobos, why was it orbiting around Earth?

The Russians were lying about their true intentions. They sent a weapon into space, and they are mad it didn't work.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by LeLeu
The US does'nt want anyone else to see what is on
phobos

I read a post on ATS once that if we knew what was inside Phobos we would literally die from fright

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by truthinfact
I have a very important question. If this was a mission truly meant for Phobos, why was it orbiting around Earth?

Because when we send probes in outer space, scientist and engineers will have the probe first orbit the earth for at least 2 reasons :
1 : instruments, and telemetry calibrations runs.
2 : to use earths gravity as a slingshot effect, increasing the probe speed and thus saving fuel and time. See Gravity Assist.

Those are just reasons from the top of my head as to why would the probes need to orbit earth before heading out to mars.IIRC most of the probes all orbit earth for an indeterminate amount of time before heading out to their real destination.
Anyways I was really excited about this new probe, Phobos is really a strange moon. I guess its one more notch for the failed mars missions. They shouldn't give up and just send more probes.
edit on 17-1-2012 by SolidGoal because: typo

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by ltinycdancerg

If in fact our radars affected the probe, I'm inclined to think it was accidental.
Or that the Russians are just trying to blame others for what is really their shoddy handiwork?

Or ... much more likely, they are looking into external unknown energy affecting their efforts. Their first use, is to look at what may have affected the probe, beyond what they already knew ... which, in this case, was a radar watching an asteroid.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by star in a jar

Originally posted by LeLeu
The US does'nt want anyone else to see what is on
phobos

I read a post on ATS once that if we knew what was inside Phobos we would literally die from fright

Lol, this made me laugh...i would love to see the thread or article that can provide one bit of evidence to suggest theat the source knows this for fact...

How did the individual reporting this live to tell the tale?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join