It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia to Test if U.S. Radar Downed Phobos Probe

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by DJW001

You need to learn to stop upping the ante. What will it mean if Russia announces that a radar signal didn't jam the probe and people continue to protest Putin's latest power grab?

With known US efforst to drive seperatism in Sibiria ...

The United States, has a history of failed efforts of this kind. They aided in putting Yieltsin into power, to kill the Soviet Union. They succeeded and what came out of it, was a bloodbath as this drunken idiot couldn't look up from his bottle to see what was actually going on. Putin put him away, without an official "trial" for his stupidity of being a US puppet. US is putting up missile bases in Europe, directed against Russia, which Russia is taking as a direct threat against Russian interrests, and Russian soil.

Putin doesn't play the hardball, that he should ... if Putin was smart, he'd have allowed the US to lose in Iraq. He didn't ... whatever he has up his sleeve we don't know ... but he'd be stupid, to ignore the threat.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   

What will it mean if Russia announces that a radar signal didn't jam the probe and people continue to protest Putin's latest power grab?

You can always concoct a hypothetical low probability situation, but no exercise of fantasy will prove you right.

In what does the allegedly "power grab" of Putin consist, beyond your personal offense at Russians frely voting the candidate you fear the most?

Data from non Western, non vested sources, please.
edit on 17-1-2012 by Brasov because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Has anyone mentioned China yet ?

Last Updated: Tuesday, 23 January 2007, 10:52 GMT BBC News

China has confirmed it carried out a test that destroyed a satellite, in a move that caused international alarm.

Foreign Ministry spokesman Liu Jianchao said a test had been carried out but insisted China was committed to the "peaceful development of outer space".

The US backed reports last week that China had used a ground-based medium-range ballistic missile to destroy a weather satellite.

A senior Taiwanese politician said he viewed it as an aggressive act.

It is the first known satellite intercept test for more than 20 years.

China is now only the third country to shoot something down in space.

It revised US space policy last October to state that Washington had the right to freedom of action in space, and the US is known to be researching such "satellite-killing" weapons itself.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Brasov

You are very critical of peoples opinions and demand supporting documentation for every claim made. So I would like to ask you to extend the same courtesy and please provide credible sources that demonstrate that Russia has known or is in current possession of evidence of the aforementioned sabotage. Thanks.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Yes, China has demonstrated the ability to shoot down a satellite. They however do not have the capability of launching an attack from space. I.E they can shoot a satellite down from Earth, not from space.

America is years ahead of these countries. However if we did indeed sabotage this latest Russian project, it was likely with merit. Russia was probably trying to put some type of weapon up there.
edit on 17-1-2012 by truthinfact because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by MDDoxs

... please provide credible sources that demonstrate that Russia has known or is in current possession of evidence of the aforementioned sabotage. Thanks.

The indicia so far is that the Russian authorities themselves publicly announced to be investigating the possibility of "accidental" interference (sabotage) of their probe by the US.

The US doesn't peep... an indicia of culpability.

Russia Seeks Proof U.S. Zapped Fobos

The United States has yet to respond to the allegations.

So it's reasonable to assume that they have proof, otherwise they would not be bluffing today to be ridiculed tomorrow.

The final report will be made public on the 26th of this month, so be patient and relax.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Brasov

I believe you have criticized media publications in the past, granted I give more credibility to the Moscowtimes then others, none the less for someone who demands precise answers, making assumptions is contradictory to what you have demanded of your fellow ATS members.

Now in reference to your point, I agree to an extent. Most major nations have there so called “nemesis” who, rightfully or not, are accused of perpetrating certain activities. So I would agree to the point that if the Russians assumed foul play with regards to its satellite logic would dictate you look towards the individual nation with the capability and the motive to do so.

EDIT** PS. I believe the two terms "Accidental" and "sabotage" contradict one another, and your paraphrasing of the articles content is far reaching...

edit on 17-1-2012 by MDDoxs because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-1-2012 by MDDoxs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   

making assumptions is contradictory to what you have demanded of your fellow ATS members.

You're being partisan here and ignoring the full picture, are you an american?

When I make assumptions I openly say so. Your fellow propagandists never admit they're making assumptions and cite Western media sources as "proof of truth"... then I challenge them to post confirmation by non-Western sources and they begin to drible because they can't find none.

EDIT** PS. I believe the two terms "Accidental" and "sabotage" contradict one another

In diplomatic speak (Diplos = double) one means the other.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Brasov

When I make assumptions I openly say so. Your fellow propagandists never admit they're making assumptions and cite Western media sources as "proof of truth"... then I challenge them to post confirmation by non-Western sources and they begin to drible because they can't find none.

I usually try to be more subtle than this, but I can see I'm going to need to interrupt your diatribe and be blunt. Aren't you going to ask me why I'm positive the test results will come up negative?

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   

I usually try to be more subtle than this but I can see I'm going to need to interrupt your diatribe and be blunt.

Hi Captain Obvious! I see you return wearing a flaming new target on your chest.

Aren't you going to ask me why I'm positive the test results will come up negative?

Because the US will comply with Russian demands and recall its newly appointed "coloured revolution" spec-ops US ambassador from Moscow?

That or whatever compensation Russia is going to claim for the deed.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Brasov

making assumptions is contradictory to what you have demanded of your fellow ATS members.

You're being partisan here and ignoring the full picture, are you an american?

EDIT** PS. I believe the two terms "Accidental" and "sabotage" contradict one another

In diplomatic speak (Diplos = double) one means the other.

I am Canadian and i try to be as rational and logical as possible. Do not blame me for your inconsistancies. Furthermore, your constant assertion that everyone is of the western propagandist mentality just shows your ignorance and unwillingness to have a rational, consistant and productive conversation.

Therefore you undermine every argument you make, by stating clear and concise points, then completely ruining it by spewing generalizations and sensationalist conclusions based upon your own admitted assumptions, whether or not you provided a disclaimer, "i assume", or not.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Therefore you undermine every argument you make, by stating clear and concise points, then completely ruining it by spewing generalizations and sensationalist conclusions based upon your own admitted assumptions, whether or not you provided a disclaimer, "i assume", or not.

I see why exposing the consistent failure of Western headlines to be confirmed the rest of the World can be upsetting to you and to all those that live in the same controlled media sandbox as you do.

Don't blame the one-sidededness of the information sources on me, americans in this forum really seem to buy all their surrogate plasma or LCD brains say.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Brasov

Because the US will comply with Russian demands and reacall its newly appointed "coloured revolution" spec-ops US ambassador from Moscow?

Because Russian telecommands to their probes are generally at 0.77 GHz, and the radar installation on the Marshall Islands is a weather radar that operates between 2700 and 2900 MHz. There are other apparatus there, but they don't operate at the right frequencies either. Kommersant's un-named source probably knew this. That's probably why they chose to remain anonymous.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Brasov

I understand where you are coming from, i just wanted to point out that when ever someone posts, weather it is propageandist filth, it can add to the conversation or just be ignored. Just wanted to save you some time combating the naivety of so many found on forums such as this.

Anyways back on topic. I feel we should provide technical details to grant a better look in the possibilites and probabilaties of this happening.

-Would constant contact of some radar emission needed to damage onboard systems?
-Shouldnt space travelling vehicles be shielded from certain types of radiations weather man made or not?
-Would it be possible to track and focus in on a orbit bound object launched from Russia?

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Because Russian telecommands to their probes are generally at 0.77 GHz, and the radar installation on the Marshall Islands is a weather radar that operates between 2700 and 2900 MHz.

Even if your numbers were real the frequency mismatch is just a lame alibi, since no resonant Q-factor can filter out a MegaWatt impulse. That's the principle of EMP weapons, my deluded friend.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by MDDoxs

-Would constant contact of some radar emission needed to damage onboard systems?

If someone knew the command codes, they could broadcast a single command on the proper frequency to disable a satellite. Military satellites will rotate frequencies to avoid this. Admittedly, Fobos/Grunt may have been vulnerable.

-Shouldnt space travelling vehicles be shielded from certain types of radiations weather man made or not?

Correct.

-Would it be possible to track and focus in on a orbit bound object launched from Russia?

Part of the problem with recovering the probe is that it was a (relatively) small object whose precise trajectory was not known. Ground tracking stations had about eight minutes to search the general area the probe was expected to pass through and acquire it.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Brasov

Even if your numbers were real the frequency mismatch is just a lame alibi, since no resonant Q-factor can filter out a MegaWatt impulse. That's the principle of EMP weapons, my deluded friend.

My compliments to your research team. Now you're claiming the US has a functioning EMP weapon?

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   
So - what about previous failed Russian launches? They also happened due to USA radar - since the stuff fell on Siberia.
My opinion is that Russian public that takes well-earned pride in Russian space program is not taking recent failures well. Officials cannot say what real reasons are, because it means loosing their well-warmed places ,so it is "it can be US radar" excuse.
I can understand shooting thing down, but making it work well-enough to orbit Earth for 2 months while disabling programs/engines/gremlins/monkeys responsible for going to Mars is insanely hard.
My verdict - propaganda for Russian public. The story will be drown in election news and then it all will be forgotten together with evil American radar.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   

reply to post by Brasov

My compliments to your research team. Now you're claiming the US has a functioning EMP weapon?

A MewgaWatt radar pointed at an electronic system IS an EMP weapon.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Brasov

A MewgaWatt radar pointed at an electronic system IS an EMP weapon.

No. Try terawatt radar. You can prove me wrong by having your buddies in the Kremlin knock out an American satellite. Or are they afraid?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join