It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Practical Applications for E-Cat and How We Earn $

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Because I love my ATS family, i would like to see everybody here claim a share of money soon to be diverted from the oil oligarchs. It is their arrogance that we the people are incapable of coming up with more desirable alternatives that will lead to their demise. We on ATS have a duty to display our collective creativity and innovation.

Over my life I have been a succesful entrepreneur in a variety of fields. I distilled it down to an ability to intuitively recognize relationships and patterns previously unseen and to predict novel outcomes given certain inputs. An entrepreneur is simply a person with the courage to trust his intuition in spite of risks.

For sake of argument, let's take for granted a few things I have recently read are facts:

1. Andre Rossi's E-Cat is real.
2. A microwave size box is generating 20 KWH of heat.
3. Home Depot is purchasing them for $1,500
4. Assuming standard retail markup, retail = $3,000

That is peanuts considering the output and cost of fuel.
His system produces heat. The most efficient use of that energy would be to use the heat for homes and business. More important to this conversation is the conversion of heat to electricity.

There are very efficient Rankine cycle turbines using the gas/liquid phase change to turn a generator. Basically a superheated liquid under pressure goes through a valve and turns to high pressure gas. The heat is converted to kinetic energy by pushing a turbine. The liquid condenses, is superheated and the cycle is completed.

A 20KWh heater is the equivalent of a 26HP engine. That might not seem like a lot by todays automotive standards but consider the 1st VW vans only needed 40HP to transport a whole family.

20 KWh could be converted into enough electricity to heat, cool and electrify a small condo. That same condo here in Norfolk, Va spends about $1,500/yr in utilities.

What I am suggesting for this thread is considering ways of going into business as mini utility companies selling, installing and servicing this equipment.

I currently make a living selling residential HVAC. I see the writing on the wall and am getting back in the commercial market. Many people in my office make six figures. Imagine how much demand there is going to be for this equipment?

What are other applications? I'm sure their are engineers on this site with 10 times more knowledge than me.

This is not a debate about Andre Rossi or his product or any other cold fusion product. I invite the detractors and skeptics to create their own thread and pee down one another's pants leg. This is a positive thread with a positive outlook on the future looking for other individuals sharing the enthusiastic question "What about this?"

Honestly, for too long, too few have profited too much from selling the citizens of the world a natural resource owned by all of us. What gives them the right? It's time to take it back and ATS will be a site offering practical advice on just how to do it. Take that Mr. Standard Oil.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 12:12 AM
link   

For sake of argument, let's take for granted a few things I have recently read are facts:

1. I can't pretend.
2. Ugh.
3. Riiight.
4. Yes, but his large reactors were millions. Somehow the smaller one is cheaper per kwh.

I pass on this exercise.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Let me be the first to respond positively. This is the exact sort of thing we should be doing. Sitting around bitching and moaning about how we're being done dirty by TPTB is fun and all... but not that much fun. What are you suggesting in real terms?

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 12:29 AM
link   
e-cat might be real.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by zarp3333

There are very efficient Rankine cycle turbines using the gas/liquid phase change to turn a generator. Basically a superheated liquid under pressure goes through a valve and turns to high pressure gas. The heat is converted to kinetic energy by pushing a turbine. The liquid condenses, is superheated and the cycle is completed.

That is what the nuclear energy pants use to produce power.

My primary question is where do you get the power to heat the material for this process if it is not produced by an outside source...

The energy to used to make this process happen has to come from somewhere. In the case of a nuclear reactor it is "Hot Rocks" aka nuclear fuel rods.
edit on 17-1-2012 by mileysubet because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by zarp3333

1. I can't, for the same reason I can't take it for granted elves make my christmas presents.
2. I can do that.
3. Here's a quote from Rossi.
Dear Wolf:
We are in contact with Home Depot for the distribution of the E-Cat, but until the certification procedures are not completed the deal can’t be struck.
Translation: It's a meaningless farce and there is no deal, how can they have a price already when they are only just in contact?
4. See 3.

If we are going to delve into the land of fantasy let's remove the eCat and substitute a small device that provides cheap energy.
This is not free energy, the best way to get involved is to get in as a distributor/supplier of the fuel.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 01:54 AM
link   
Well according to the most recent interview with Rossi and Sterling, the units can be made for at most $500 USD.
Link: PESN.com

DIRT CHEAP ENERGY -- The cost of a home E-Cat unit was stated to be between $400 and $500 dollars. This will be accomplished through the best engineering possible of the production line, automization of all aspects of the factory, and the use of robotics. The goal is to make this technology so affordable that everyone will be able to purchase a system, and competitors will not be able to under sell him. Although his technology will obviously be reverse-engineered when the units start to sell, it does not matter because he will have a major head start.

What I would look at doing is having it get to boiling and hooking a steam exhaust up to a Tesla Turbine.
Recycle the excess steam through a condenser to reduce water wastage.

Interesting times ahead

Mod Edit: External Source Tags Instructions – Please Review This Link.
edit on 17/1/2012 by ArMaP because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 02:02 AM
link   
This must be the 10th thread where i reply with my opinion in regards to Rossi's ecat.

If you SERIOUSLY believe that the e-cat which is ALLEGEDLY a nuclear reactor which creates radiation inside (hence lead shielding required!) will be "available soon at home depot" you are the BIGGEST FOOL ever.

Obviously, you believe that Rossi is the only person on this planet who can invent a device and get it into the market without ANY safety certifications and thorough testing WHATSOEVER.

Do you know that here in Europe you could not even produce something simple as a light bulb or whatever other device and put it on the market for sale - without NUMEROUS tests made by all kinds of organizations until its 100% proven that it's safe.

If you believe the tale you can buy a home "nuclear fusion device" in a few months at home depot while the process is not even understood (respective there is STILL the possibility in the air that Rossi is nothing but a SCAMMER)...then you are incredible, incredible naive.

--> Rossi, up to this date today does nothing else than telling more and more bizarre tales (typical for a scammer) while STILL having failed to 100% provide proof of concept which has been tested by independent scientists. He could have done that a long time ago with only ONE single device powering any random app.

However, he did not, but instead built a "1MW plant" which a "unknown party" allegedly sold and STILL no scientist, press etc. has the PROOF that this device even works! Besides Rossis claims we have NOTHING.
edit on 17-1-2012 by flexy123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 02:08 AM
link   
reply to post by flexy123

I think you need to recheck your facts.

There has been several scientific firms that have validated his research and prototypes.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sovaka

There has been several scientific firms that have validated his research and prototypes.

name them

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 02:24 AM
link   

I'm not going to do your homework for you.
PESN.com has all the details from the beginning of the E-Cat history.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 02:40 AM
link   

No there hasn't.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 03:06 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Oh my god... Really?

Journal of Nuclear Physics

New Energy Times

For more links;

PES Wiki - Reports
PES Wiki - ECat Validations
Press Conference;
Jan 16th Press Conference

PES Wiki - Journal of Nuclear Physics

Plenty of credible people there all having tested his prototype.

edit on 17/1/2012 by Sovaka because: Damn linkage

edit on 17/1/2012 by Sovaka because: Grrr

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 03:47 AM
link   

reply to post by boncho

Oh my god... Really?

New Energy Times

For more links;

PES Wiki - Reports
Press Conference;

None of these links provide any scientific proof, they are speculations and simply more questions.

I challenge you to find a single credible paragraph in any of your links that proves this technology actually exists.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 04:00 AM
link   
reply to post by mileysubet

How can so many people post on a forum but not be able to read???

My approximate calculation, assuming no thermal dissipation from the reactor, gives: - Input Energy (3600s): (500–700 W)*3600=(1.8–2.52)MJ - Output Energy to increase the water temperature of 90°C: 4.2* (102°C-12°C)=378 J/g - Vaporization enthalpy, about 40.6kJ/mole water= 2633J/g - Total energy (with 13 liter of water vaporized)= 378+2633=3011J/g of water=>39.14MJ The energy gain is a factor of 15-20, which is really large!

New Energy Times

Mod Edit: External Source Tags Instructions – Please Review This Link.
edit on 17/1/2012 by ArMaP because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 04:46 AM
link   

reply to post by boncho

Oh my god... Really?

New Energy Times

For more links;

PES Wiki - Reports
Press Conference;

Journal of nuclear physics is a blog. Created by Rossi himself, and on his board he originally had a dead professor listed.

Please try again, thank you.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 04:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by boncho

Journal of nuclear physics is a blog. Created by Rossi himself, and on his board he originally had a dead professor listed.

It was a link for more information on the matter.

If you people want to just walk about with your heads in the sand. Be my guest.

It isn't my mission to change anyone's mind.
I have presented the information and the well documented history of the E-Cat.
That is all I can do, if you don't accept that. Oh well.

Have a good night all.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 04:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by boncho

It was a link for more information on the matter.

If you people want to just walk about with your heads in the sand. Be my guest.

It isn't my mission to change anyone's mind.
I have presented the information and the well documented history of the E-Cat.
That is all I can do, if you don't accept that. Oh well.

Have a good night all.

Care to post a peer reviewed paper? or independently tested verification....

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 07:22 AM
link   
I like the idea but anyone in here knows how to make the E-Cat? How much will it cost to make it?

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Sovaka

What about this from your link

In the pressurized (about 2 atm) chamber, the volume is 1-2 liters; also inside are the cooling pipe and the reactants. Hydrogen gas was added continuously, at a low flow rate

I wonder how much hydrogen was used and how much energy had to be used to produce the hydrogen in the first place

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join