It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Warmonger Thread

page: 27
<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by David_Reale

No one has a right to nuclear weapons. It isn't a right. Which charter did you find this right on?

Some have them. Some don't. Ones that have intentions to use them should be stopped from having them, and if you have the capacity to do so you may have the obligation to do so.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons
reply to post by Taupin Desciple

Isolationism won't save you. I know you guys love this idea, but you'd kill your beloved country so fast it would be like you never existed.

1) Prove it. Give me a valid case in point. Your own personal opinion doesn't count.

2) It's worked for Japan, why can't it work for us. Because we have too many overseas "interests?" Sorry, but that argument doesn't "interest " me.

youtu.be...

edit on 17-1-2012 by Taupin Desciple because: Spelling

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

its not a fantasy its the truth...

its what all these conspiracies are about, divide and concur, if the little ones are killing each other, the bleep do we care, we are at the top with no worries of money or day to day struggle we enjoy the finest luxuries during our temporal time on this planet, who cares if the world is hell, if anything gets really bad we will go in our bunkers,
hey tom how many minds do you think we brainwashed today?
how many naturally pure souls have we tainted, and converted to believe what we tell them?
i dont know but it sure is fun.

the illuminati, the illuminated, see the world from the perspective of sovereign light, be disciplined sure, but be easy on your self and mind, things dont need to be so complicated for you,
edit on 17-1-2012 by ImaFungi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Take it to another thread.

reply to post by ImaFungi

Take it to another thread. Illumination need not progress to glowing with radiation.

I just found a document by Clinton Bastin in which he says that nobody is in danger from plutonium exposure from Fukishima.

I think that Mr.Bastin's opinion might be sold to the highest bidder.

www.ecolo.org...&sa=U&ei=8QsWT8zdCez_sQKNu4H0Aw&ved=0CCAQFjAFOFA&sig2=up3cpORKL4hLnb-i2 Nw5vw&usg=AFQjCNFqIO4TaA6se0YvdzhM6wrJ2oItTg
edit on 2012/1/17 by Aeons because: (no reason given)

edit on 2012/1/17 by Aeons because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   

No one has a right to nuclear weapons. It isn't a right. Which charter did you find this right on?

Some have them. Some don't. Ones that have intentions to use them should be stopped from having them, and if you have the capacity to do so you may have the obligation to do so.

Stop wasting my time with the rhetorical questions, thankyouverymuch. You know very well there are no charters allowing nuclear weapons, so don't even ask. But it's the most basic form of human right, which also extends to nations, to have the ability to defend yourself. If that means acquiring the same technology as your enemies, then so be it. The 'right' to have nuclear weapons became existant the moment the United States pimped their arsenals with their first Fatman collection.

And again. The only ones who have ever used nuclear weapons on humans is - the US. I'd say that qualifies as intentions to use them. So by your reasoning, not mine, the United States should not be allowed to have nuclear weapons. Is that correct?

I believe in deterrence, however. America will not give up their nukes, and once Iran acquires them, they will not either. So, if America is going to do anything but whine about Iran evening the odds, they better do it soon. Because once Iran has nuclear weapons, deterrence will be in effect, and it will be a lot more difficult for the US to do anything other than what they are already doing - whining. And the world is sick and tired of their whining.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Everyone is "whining" about this. World leaders across the World are not happy about this and are trying to figure out what to do about it without being provocative because people like you.

Your sense of "Fair" is literal insanity.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag

As far as your WWII reference, America was attacked from an outside country and we used a small yield (by today’s standards) nuclear device on Japan. Since then, the US has done more for Japan than any country on the planet and has never used that capability again on any country.

...apart from on itself, and the Marshall Islands, to name but two.

Now, how do you feel about the Iranians possessing nuclear power?

I may or may not comment later, depending on my mood. However, i must add that the U.S.A. doesn't do 'moral high ground' very well considering it's poor human rights record.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Take it to another thread.

I just found a document by Clinton Bastin in which he says that nobody is in danger from plutonium exposure from Fukishima.

1) Why? I'm on topic and still waiting for a valid case in point on how isolationism doesn't work.

2) Take it to another thread. That subject IS off topic.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Your sense of Fair is pure Insanity.

Lets bomb them because they MIGHT build a bomb and MIGHT use it.

Been a slice , hope your hatred keeps you warm.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

im sorry i just thought there was a connection,

im under the impression that there is much relevance between lots of occurrences between humans on this planet

i will leave you with this,

your negative actions however mightily blind they may be of future effects, may, and probably will still cause future negative effects. maybe not for you, and maybe not now, but there is a problem/puzzle in front of you and you are not desiring to solving it with the most supreme intelligence.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImaFungi
reply to post by Aeons

im sorry i just thought there was a connection,

im under the impression that there is much relevance between lots of occurrences between humans on this planet

i will leave you with this,

your negative actions however mightily blind they may be of future effects, may, and probably will still cause future negative effects. maybe not for you, and maybe not now, but there is a problem/puzzle in front of you and you are not desiring to solving it with the most supreme intelligence.

And you want to solve it by giving religious extremist theocrats the power of the sun itself, and then let them spread it to unprepared nations with no infrastructure to support it.

What you want isn't positive. Its radioactive.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by aorAki

You need moral high ground to not be stupid?

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Everyone is "whining" about this. World leaders across the World are not happy about this and are trying to figure out what to do about it without being provocative because people like you.

"People like me", huh? You mean people who prefer to call things for what they are, rather than sugarcoat them? I'm calling it as I see it, nothing else. Don't shoot the messenger because you don't like the message. And insane? Nuclear waris insanity, but the only ones who have ever used nukes on human beings are the US. So take a guess as to who's stacked up more insanity points between the US and Iran.

The rest of the world is trying to find a solution to this problem. But the United States are not. What they are doing is whining about the issue, and provoking Iran, all the while living in some sort of dillusional belief that they have the moral high ground because an enemy of theirs is trying to even the odds. If anything, what the US is doing right now is hypocrisy.

As I said in a previous post, this isn't about moral or right and wrong, and definitely not about the safety of the American citizens - it's politics, pure and simple. Pretending it's anything else only promotes things like bigotry, racism and all around bad karma.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

no, I wish there were no nuclear weapons on the planet, if they want nuclear power because it is an efficient energy source for their society that should be fine, since you have already decided for me that it is unrealistic to not have the maximum amount of dangerous and deadly weapons seeded around our environment, i cant argue that anymore, but i dont like the feeling of there being this hasty countdown clock and being pressed to make rash decisions that are unjust, ungood, and will have many negetive consequences... not solving the problem, only creating more, and delaying peace.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

And you want to solve it by giving religious extremist theocrats the power of the sun itself, and then let them spread it to unprepared nations with no infrastructure to support it. What you want isn't positive. Its radioactive.

Not going to war with Iran over their nuclear ambitions is not "giving" them "the power of the sun itself". Actually giving Iran nuclear weapons would be "giving" them nuclear weapons. That may come as a shock to you, but this is the way "giving" actually works.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   

You say anyone who thinks the WORLD should reject Irans wanting nuclear weapons should speak up, then you go on to post all those videos of Iran calling AMERICA names. What's it goona be bubba? Are they against the world or are they against us? Or, in your way of thinking, is America the world?

Uhm...last time I checked, the "I" in IAEA stood for International. Did that change to America? Is it AAEA now?

If that's you in your avatar and you've seen action overseas, I would think that you of all people should know better that America doesn't speak for the world. The last time I checked the majority of the world turns a deaf ear to what we (our leaders that is) say. And why? Because the rest of the world doesn't like us (our leaders) too much right now. And rightfully so IMO.

Ahhh...America hater exposed. 

As a matter of fact, neither does the average American citizen. Seen the news lately? 84% of Americans dissapprove of Congress. the same Congress that the POTUS has to go through to authorize military (police) actions overseas.

I disapprove of congress and this president (and the previous potus) too. That doesn't change my opinion that tyrannical lunatics shouldn't have nukes. 

Iran may be crazy but they're not stupid enough to take on the whole world. Or even us for that matter. Don't you think they would've done it by now if they were that serious?

I beg to differ. A country that trains it's own children to be suicide bombers is slightly irrational by any standard.

Quote "Any country whose leader threatens to wipe an entire race of people off the planet should not have nuclear weapons." Like what we did to the Native Americans for example?

No, like what Hitler did to the Jews. I never killed a native American. Have you?

People like you don't learn from history and think your shiite doesn't stink.

I was thinking the same about you. 

You're right, you're not a warmonger. You're a glorified policeman who thinks you speak for America. YOU give America a bad name and it's people like you who cause the rest of the world to dislike us.

I speak for myself, and based on the number of stars and flags I get the feeling I'm not alone.

You have any idea how safe we would be from the rest of the world if we put every ounce of our arsenal around the perimeters of our country and left everyone else alone? Do you have any idea how much more prosperous we would be at the same time? Look at Japan. That's exactly what they do and they're the third most powerful economy in the world. Just 60 years after we nearly obliterated them.

Ya, we should isolate ourselves and nothing bad will ever happen, right? Maybe we'll find a pot of gold at the end of every rainbow too.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Seabag
When are you going to get it through your head that because
people hate your government, does not mean they hate america.

Sound like you idolise your government, and pretty much believe
everything they say abd do when it comes to war. I bet you agreed
with the iraq war too

Governments love people like you

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   

reply to post by aorAki

You need moral high ground to not be stupid?

Not at all. They've been pretty stupid too ( as have [insert name of country here] as well).

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   

None of this changes the fact that it was indeed the United States of America who first developed nuclear weapons
reply to post by Jean Paul Zodeaux

To be fair, actually it was a consortium of scientists from the Allied (and some Axis) nations that developed the nuclear bomb through the Manhattan Project,

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Morg234

None of this changes the fact that it was indeed the United States of America who first developed nuclear weapons
reply to post by Jean Paul Zodeaux

To be fair, actually it was a consortium of scientists from the Allied (and some Axis) nations that developed the nuclear bomb through the Manhattan Project,

I am not sure why you think this bit of trivia is fair. It is a pointless misdirection that in no way reduces the profound responsibility the United States owns for ushering in the nuclear weapon age.

new topics

top topics

<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join