It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Article showing Americans "just don't get it"...

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2004 @ 06:13 PM
link   

We do protect and defend the oil in the middle east for one reason...should the profits and benefits of having such large reserves fall into the hands of "terrorists" what do you think would happen.

defend the oil in other parts of the world? is that foreign policy?????

so, you would rather have this oil fall into the hands of a few select thugs and private interest groups whilst commiting your own sons to die in foreign soil?

your head needs to be opened up and examined

posted on Sep, 14 2004 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by iceTman
your head needs to be opened up and examined

You know, you could have made your point without this. It's becoming prevellent here and not up to ATS standards. Stop this behavior.

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 02:14 AM
link   
I find that a generality was made regarding the Native Americans nearly being extinct and that 'all' americans are immigrants is quite false. Apparently he is not aware of a.)How many hybrids are out there(myself being one) b.)They do exist and have entire towns for their exclusive use(Reparations) c.) Reparations such as money, food, etc being flat out given have, are, and will continue for a long, long time. It is not being lit up like a neon sign as it is 'common' knowledge around here. Although I do agree that even more should be done. (Perhaps remove claim from 1 state, bah.. I know,... not likely..
Can't blame me for trying though)

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 03:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Crysstaafur
I find that a generality was made regarding the Native Americans nearly being extinct and that 'all' americans are immigrants is quite false. Apparently he is not aware of a.)How many hybrids are out there(myself being one) b.)They do exist and have entire towns for their exclusive use(Reparations) c.) Reparations such as money, food, etc being flat out given have, are, and will continue for a long, long time. It is not being lit up like a neon sign as it is 'common' knowledge around here. Although I do agree that even more should be done. (Perhaps remove claim from 1 state, bah.. I know,... not likely..
Can't blame me for trying though)

Thanks for pointing that out.

Nice to see some things are coming together, but I still feel the US should use the word holocaust to describe the ethnic cleansing (no other way to describe what happened i am afraid) that went on.

About the ethnicity, it would be nice to see a pie chart with the various ethnic groups displayed. Native, half Native, Europeans (would like to see it split there per Euro country) and Africans (and there origins as far as they can be traced) and of course all other imigrant nations. It would be interesting to see how it all fits together.

BTW what claim are you talking about?

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 03:30 AM
link   
Die Hard Americanism or commonly known as DHAD "Die Hard Americanism Disorder DSM4.

Usually in the spirit of the suffering alanon or enabler for a alcoholic member in the family. "Not my kid" "Not my wife" "Not my husband" etc.

Usually the same apologies and remarks despite the overwhelming evidence of wrong doing that could convict her(USA) a thousand times over in a fair court of law: Still the best damn country in the world. If you dont like it move to Iraq or Afghanistan. or better yet "Commie Liberal" "Unamerican traitor"
oh yeah I forgot "Be glad you can say the things you do and not be executed for it like in China" "yet" is the key word.

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 04:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Corinthas

1. I was reading a something that mentioned that the US itself had estimated Soviet power peaking in the late 1950s and at best controlled 5% of global GDP (apart of its own). OOOOHHH very scary, they nearly invaded.
No this was quite clearly THE excuse to "do what we want".

Oh yeah and all those nuclear weapons the Russians had you know the ones that could blow up the world many times over were all fake

Please Russia was just starting to create nuclear weapons in numbers in 1950. Russia didnt even have the H-Bomb in 1950.

But they were not scary according to you
Give me a break

[edit on 15-9-2004 by ShadowXIX]

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 04:10 AM
link   
@ShadowXIX

Get your head round this: Russias ideological drive for a world revolution died the moment the Boshies took over the parliament. "coz thak kinda killed any marxist thinking in the matter and it bacame Leninism very quickly. The only incentive they had for expansion was to counter the American one.

Example:
Russia didn't try to keep Italy and Greece Communist after WW2 they didn't even complain when the US brought all the Fascists back to Greece and Italy they didn't care.

There are plenty examples that show the Cold War to be a completely one sided affair, dreamt up by the US to excuse their continued military spending and their drive to gain more resources and wealth, under the pretense that if we don't get there first the Russians will.

A classic trick by US administrations was to deny any aid to a poor country so if was forced to ask the UDSSR for help, as soon as they got off the phone to Moscow they were commies and a viable target for US bombings. Simple!

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 04:21 AM
link   
Nikita Khrushchev�s proclamation from the floor of the United Nations that �we will bury you� while banging his shoe on the table. Thats was all just a joke

Wrap your head around this Russia had and still has the power to kill every human on this planet in about 45 min. Russia spent billions to create nuclear weapons just to make a good show please

When a country can kill every single human on the planet with the push of a button you better believe that scarry.

The Berlin wall was fake ask the people in Germany

If you dont want to believe this fine live in what ever fantasy world you like

[edit on 15-9-2004 by ShadowXIX]

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 04:36 AM
link   

@ShadowXIX

Example:
Russia didn't try to keep Italy and Greece Communist after WW2 they didn't even complain when the US brought all the Fascists back to Greece and Italy they didn't care.

There are plenty examples that show the Cold War to be a completely one sided affair, dreamt up by the US to excuse their continued military spending and their drive to gain more resources and wealth, under the pretense that if we don't get there first the Russians will.

I am starting to wonder if you are even old enough to remember the cold war.

Let's see, they didn't try to keep Italy and Greece, instead they kept 1/2 of Germany and all of Yugoslavia, Poland, Bulgaria, Lithuania, Czech, Estonia, Hungary and a few other countries. Then they later went(as if European domination was not enough!) after several other nations including Cuba and Vietnam.

One sided affair? Pretense? Are you retarded? As also previously mentioned, Kruschev in the UN saying "We will bury you." says quite alot. Or was that just our dumb ass way or percieving ol' Nikita. Esp when they tried to put nukes in our own backyard.

DENY TROLLS!

[edit on 15-9-2004 by Facefirst]

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 04:42 AM
link   
My word... it takes two to tango, can't you see that?

The US was the bigger monster of the two and they tried to pretend that it was the other way round. OK?

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 04:45 AM
link   

My word... it takes two to tango, can't you see that?

The US was the bigger monster of the two and they tried to pretend that it was the other way round. OK?

You just contradicted yourself. You previously said it was a "one sided affair."

Bigger monster of the two? You should go talk to people in Eastern Europe who are old enough to remember Soviet Occupation. They will tell you a thing or two about monsters.

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 04:55 AM
link   
Not quite, i have previously said that the Soviet imperial drive was to counter the US one wich was more direct.

Why does no one deal with the examples i give, a bit too challenging? Sorry did i do too much reading?

Check Italy and Greece after the war.

Vietnam was "under commie attack" the US tried very hard to find any thing so they could blame Peking or Moscow but they couldn't , nicaragua the same.

"the russains are coming" was quite clearly an excuse to kick @$$.

I am sure the russains were using "the US is coming" as an excuse but they wern't as good at kicking @$$ it seems as the US is now "the only superpower" left.

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 05:13 AM
link   

Not quite, i have previously said that the Soviet imperial drive was to counter the US one wich was more direct.

Why does no one deal with the examples i give, a bit too challenging? Sorry did i do too much reading?

You arrogance is noted.

Umm. the Soviets did not give up the dozen or so countries they occupied and indoctrinated. Perhaps you should do a lot more reading. It took all of western Europe as well as the US, Austrailia and a host of other countries to keep the Soviets at bay. That is, from taking over the world!

Check Italy and Greece after the war.

I am sure the russains were using "the US is coming" as an excuse but they wern't as good at kicking @$$ it seems as the US is now "the only superpower" left.

Don't worry comrade, China will be up there soon enough.

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 05:23 AM
link   
Taking over what bit of the world that wasn't already under the US sphere of influence?

Do you know what the "grand area" is?

The sovets could only take what the US hadn't already claimed, AND THAT IS NOT ALOT!

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 05:32 AM
link   

Taking over what bit of the world that wasn't already under the US sphere of influence?

Do you know what the "grand area" is?

The sovets could only take what the US hadn't already claimed, AND THAT IS NOT ALOT!

Hmmm. The French, The UK, Italians, Scandinavia, and the WEST Germans......well, they are pretty much the only ones in Europe who would be able disagree with you since the Soviets had taken over pretty much everything else on the European continent. Sounds like a formidable area of control to me. And Stalin was such a great guy with his purges, gulags and what-not. He had nothing but the best intentions for everyone. Jeez.... Do you really think Joseph Stalin was going to pull out?

I will never paint the US as perfect, but tell me, are you old enough to remember the cold war? (I can't believe I am asking this)

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 05:37 AM
link   

BTW what claim are you talking about?

Holding back bitter sarcasm. You really don't know do you?
Well, at one point a state was reserved for the native people and that too got unionfied. So to compensate various tracts of land in various locations conducive to each nation's(re:tribe in eurospeak) heretage. Thus the reservations being built. The genocide that you claim was never completed. If it was a complete 'intentional' genocide being conducted then people like me would be murdered upon birth as an aboration by Europeans!

I do agree that genocide is wrong no matter who's involved. Double standards and half measures won't cut it and the attitude presented in your posts clearly demonstrate proto-genocidal memes. I pray history does not repeat itself again.

[edit on 15-9-2004 by Crysstaafur]

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 06:03 AM
link   
No answer to my question do you know what "THE GRAND AREA" is?

All the european states you just mentioned, don't really caount as been conquered by the "imperial drive" we were talking about. Why? Well Europe was divided between the two powers. So that kind of put them under soviet control by default. So no real intention to invade or conquer there. However the US actions in Italy and Greece were clearly intended to "modify behaviour".

Please note the Russians have now withdrawn from Eastern Europe the Americans are still here after 50 years!

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 06:17 AM
link   

No answer to my question do you know what "THE GRAND AREA" is?

All the european states you just mentioned, don't really caount as been conquered by the "imperial drive" we were talking about. Why? Well Europe was divided between the two powers. So that kind of put them under soviet control by default. So no real intention to invade or conquer there. However the US actions in Italy and Greece were clearly intended to "modify behaviour".

Please note the Russians have now withdrawn from Eastern Europe the Americans are still here after 50 years!

No, You still have not answered my previous question. Are you old enough to actually remember the cold war? (I asked it in another thread, but still no answer) My guess, no.

1. The Soviets withdrew because their country had collapsed in 1990. They would most likely be there today if they had not.

2. The US is starting to pull out of Europe. That is one thing we can agree on. No need for bases that serve no use anymore. AN interesting note is that several of the host countries ask us to stay for fear of the impact on local economies, (I learned that in Germany last year whil at a few US bases)

3. The European states I mentioned don't really count because they were already conquered? What a contradiction! I highly suggest you go to those former Soviet satellite states and speak to the people who lived through Soviet control. I HAVE. Most of the stories I heard in Eastern Europe with regards to the Soviets were not very pleasant. Ask the same questions of the French, West Germans, English(etc) You will get VERY different and much more positive answers.

As much as the French and Germans disagree with the US currently, they will agree that NATO helped prevent them from being claimed by the Soviets under Stalinism.

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 06:37 AM
link   
Go right ahead and IGNORE my question.

Lets have a look if the russian threat ended in 1990 why are the americans still here nearly 15 years after 1990 ?

Why were nato F16s just deployed (some months ago) in the baltic states if not to move nato into the "check mate position" from moscow. The cold war is ONLY NOW FINISHING.

Also the US decided to take the softly softly approach to occupation, remember they arrived to kick the bullying germans out so there was no other choice but to occupy benignly. But in exchange for marching music and sauerkraut, we now have MCDonalds and MTV. The germans wanted our "lebensraum" (living space) the US want our $$ and minds.

I didn;t say they din't count 'coz they were already conquered. No a red line was drawn across the map of europe so it was just coincidence where your country happened to be on that map. The US conquered the west just as much as the Sovets conquered the east.

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Go right ahead and IGNORE my question.

I actually went to sleep.
It was quite late here in Cali. You do know about time zones? Don't you? The only things I could find on the grand area were some wack-job sites. Please give me some links to some respectable institutions of higher learning for actual intellectual disections of the information rather than the rantings of paranoid people.

Lets have a look if the russian threat ended in 1990 why are the americans still here nearly 15 years after 1990 ?

Why were nato F16s just deployed (some months ago) in the baltic states if not to move nato into the "check mate position" from moscow. The cold war is ONLY NOW FINISHING.

I do agree that it is time for the US bases to be closed.

15 years is nothing in the long run. (Though I suspect that number is pretty close to the full amount of time you have spent on Earth, so I do not fault you for thinking that 15 years is a huge amount of time with regards to the big picture.)

The Cold War lasted almost 50 years. Do you think these things just end overnight with everyone just going home the next day? No one knew if Russia was going to be stable or break out into a huge civil war. No one knew if wars were going to break out among or within the former Soviet Satellite States. And that DID happen. It was called Bosnia and thank god NATO went in and stopped it. It just does not happen overnight.

Do a little research and you will find in many cases we were asked to stay. You can't just pull out overnight, you will wipe a few small cities out if you do. Unfortunately, some of those cities have become partialy dependent on military dollars and something has to be done in order to soften the blow the local economies when the bases are closed.

Also the US decided to take the softly softly approach to occupation, remember they arrived to kick the bullying germans out so there was no other choice but to occupy benignly. But in exchange for marching music and sauerkraut, we now have MCDonalds and MTV. The germans wanted our "lebensraum" (living space) the US want our $$ and minds.

We, along with the UK and others, FLATTENED Germany. We sent them within one inch of the stone-age. Bullying the people who were gassing the Jews? Bullying the people who had taken over almost all of Europe by hostile force? Again, are you retarded?

We had to stay in in order to secure the place. (much like Iraq today) If we did not stay, these two things would have happened: 1. The place would have disintigrated into anarchy and thousands more would have died. 2. That great swell guy Stalin would have gone in and taken over making Germany another Soviet Satellite nation.

I didn;t say they din't count 'coz they were already conquered. No a red line was drawn across the map of europe so it was just coincidence where your country happened to be on that map. The US conquered the west just as much as the Sovets conquered the east.

Get your facts straight. We were quietly asked by the French, Brits etc to stay because they were scared sh*tless that Stalin was going to take them over. Remember what that wonderful loving Stalin did to Finland? They did not want to see that happen to them and the ONLY thing that kept the Cold War balanced was the fact that NATO was formed and that there were NATO bases around Europe to keep the Soviets at bay.

Again, are you old enough to remember the Cold War? Judging by your mangling of the facts, I would have to guess not.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join