It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seriously.....Employers now testing Applicants for Nicotine acccording to CNN

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Pokoia

So glad you linked me to your thread!! Love it

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Ops4Ops

And I, I just could no resist

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Skywatcher2011

The slippery slope never ends. My what ignorance we have in the world today.

So whats next? Too much sugar? To much fat? Did you eat a Big Mac for lunch?

We cannot let this crazy stuff keep happening! I want to be free and not have some dictators tell me what I can and cannot do with my own self.

WTF is wrong with anyone that agrees with this?

Oh you rode a motorcycle over the weekend....those are dangerous. Your fired!
edit on 16-1-2012 by LoneGunMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Peace.
edit on 16-1-2012 by Skywatcher2011 because: (no reason given)

I cannot imagine how many babies and infants must've died because of the toxins that exhaust pipes put on my clothes.

Are you crazy? I can not even belive people gave you stars on this, you think you may have killed babis comeon be for real

Luckily the guy that broke his ankle was fired cause he always put garlic in his food. Our CEO hates garlic and is now testing new hires for it as a preventive measure.

oh my god how in the hell can someone get fired for eating garlic if i was that guy I would find a way to take that jerk to court and sue him

Since the test was a success he added meats and fish to the list.

This is insane people cant even eat meat and fish this guy is a loony toon

I mean you and I can understand a jogger or meat eater has no rights to get hired by a pristine company right ?

Hell no I do not understand why a jogger or meat eater has no rights you are crazy for sure!!!

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   
for new years I kept smoking and gave up liberalism. never felt better!

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 06:40 AM
link   
It is rather ironic to read nicotine smokers complain about the very same things others used to - still do - complain about, with an entirely safe plant.

Ironic.

Once those others were a plague, veritable rapists in the making... now it's your turn.

*lights a cig*

ahh, next step, making everything illegal, but we've been down the same road before. but now it's you guys, the threads are free to roam

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skywatcher2011
reply to post by Ops4Ops

Nicotine is a drug....therefore cigarettes are harmful drugs.

Mind you that anyone who smokes poses others harmful health risks not only through second hand smoke, but also third hand smoke (ie. the smoke gets onto clothing and other fabrics, etc...) which are especially not good for babies as this stuff will soak in through their skin.

I am glad that employers are doing the screening for nicotine. Firstly, consider that most employers offer medical/life insurance benefits. These insurance companies are not willing to support smokers. So for an employer to hire someone they have to take that into consideration.

Moreover, if you are a non-smoker, I am sure you wouldn't like the smell of someone who just got off a smoke break - assuming this was at the office/work place.

Also, even if they didn't smoke and were on the nicotine patch/gum, the drug itself is a stimulant. It would cause anxiety/nervousness/depression without consistent levels of nicotine in the bloodstream. This would pose risk to that individual under highly stressful situations. Although I am not sure if nicotine deprived individuals who have nicotine habits pose real risks to themselves and to the employers, but it would be good research if someone is able to show if the behaviour of nicotine users leads to further bad habits.

Peace.
You fail to realize that some people, such as myself, would test positive for Nicotine but have not touched a cigarette in years.

Some people are using E-Cigarettes to quit smoking regular cigs and shouldn't be discriminated against for trying to save their lungs and their health...

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   
When my boss interviews someone she asks them if they smoke. She also tells them she won't hire a smoker. I find it ridiculous...but I'm not telling her that! She is one mean lady!

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by TropicKandie

Peace.

I cannot imagine how many babies and infants must've died because of the toxins that exhaust pipes put on my clothes.

Are you crazy? I can not even belive people gave you stars on this, you think you may have killed babis comeon be for real

Luckily the guy that broke his ankle was fired cause he always put garlic in his food. Our CEO hates garlic and is now testing new hires for it as a preventive measure.

oh my god how in the hell can someone get fired for eating garlic if i was that guy I would find a way to take that jerk to court and sue him

Since the test was a success he added meats and fish to the list.

This is insane people cant even eat meat and fish this guy is a loony toon

I mean you and I can understand a jogger or meat eater has no rights to get hired by a pristine company right ?

Hell no I do not understand why a jogger or meat eater has no rights you are crazy for sure!!!

Look up the word "Sarcasm" you might understand than.... although I somehow doubt it.
edit on 17-1-2012 by no special characters because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Look up the word "Sarcasm" you might understand than.... although I somehow doubt it.
edit on 17-1-2012 by no special characters because: (no reason given)

It did not look like sarcasam it looked like a nut job typing nutty things and who do you think you are to say I do not know what sarcasam means and to imply that I am stupid.
edit on 17-1-2012 by TropicKandie because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join