It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RUSSIA: Attack on Tehran is an Attack on Moscow

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 02:14 AM
link   
reply to post by syrinx high priest

I've been reading your jargon responses, or what you think and it has been way off so far....I know for a fact you like Obama...Prove me wrong..

Let me add of course attacking Tehran is an attack on Moscow doesn't anyone watch the old Rambo movies!!!
edit on 16-1-2012 by KonquestAbySS because: Rambo movies

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by ludwigvonmises003
reply to post by Bicent76

Russians are prepared extensively for nuclear NBC scenario .

Yep, I've read that they have spent a lot of time developing psychic and pyschotronic warfare techniques.

www.theforbiddenknowledge.com...

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 02:21 AM
link   
^^ Yeah, Rambo indeed. Russia would not dare make a move. They have nothing to gain besides killing mass amounts of people... OH wait, they've done that. Maybe under Stalin.. but whats the difference...

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 02:22 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 02:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by blackmirage0311
reply to post by superman2012

9/11 was a joint Mossad/CIA operation. That's the only reason it happened.

Fact of the matter is, the allies of the US could not stand alone. They need the US, just as the US needs them for support. If it was easy for Russia/China to take out the US, they could do so and not have to worry about retaliation. Russia and China have the second and third largest military in the world. They would not have to fear much retaliation from the likes of the UK and other tiny allies.

Most people don't want mass killing on their hands.
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.
Why you guys always living in fear?

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 02:52 AM
link   
reply to post by FoosM

Would you mind elaborating? I'm not sure what you mean by "you guys," if you mean my country, the military, or what. I don't live in fear. After seeing what happened with Iraq when we were supposed to be "liberating" them, I don't want a war with Iran.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 02:57 AM
link   
I bet all the neocons think this is a great idea till a nuclear holocaust wipes out 95% of the worlds population, and we're left in a post-apocalyptic Earth with no hope left for mankind. Sounds like a great idea!... REALLY? I'm f&^%% sick of these people.

Are we not all sick of the war mongering? I say if Israel attacks, leave them to their own devices; and if the US government wants to jump in for another in-affordable invasion, we take over Washington. Weed out all the corrupt politicians & the Obama administration. & Then apologize to the nations we've raped and pillaged. I'm sorry but I'd rather apologize to "radical Muslims" than face a bleak hopeless future surrounded by death.

edit on 16-1-2012 by Raelsatu because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 03:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Raelsatu

It is impossible to weed out the corrupt and dictatorial communist corporatist Obama thanks to NDAA.
And the russian general staff is in the expectation of world war in coming years.

And neocon's masters ,the bilderberg wants a world war.It will enable mass population reduction.

edit on 16-1-2012 by ludwigvonmises003 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 03:08 AM
link   
Some are jumping the gun here? When did the President of Russia say that an attack on Tehran would be an attack on Moscow? Hmm? Anyone? There have been generals and politicians from both China and Russia alike speaking off the top of their heads about anything and everything from ET's to Thermonuclear Armageddon.

Russia: Attack on Tehran is Attack on Moscow

“Iran is our neighbor,” Russia's outgoing ambassador to NATO, Dmitry Rogozin, told reporters in Brussels. “And if Iran is involved in any military action, it’s a direct threat to our security.”

Kremlin Security Council head Nikolai Patrushev accused Israel of provoking the United States towards war against Iran, the Russian Interfax news agency reported Friday. “But at the same time, we believe that any country has the right to have what it needs to feel comfortable, including Iran," he added.

Even in the article's lead paragraph there is no attribution to an attack on Tehran being an attack on Moscow as the headline states. The author seems to be editorializing with their choice of that title? Russia says what it wants to on a wide range of issues, and on most occasions it falls on deaf ears. Chances are these remarks by a few Russian government officials are not the official policy of the Russian Federation. Just more useless tough-guy talk by Russia and a throw-back to the Soviet days when leaders banged shoes at the UN. Just my opinion, but I don't think Russia or China is willing to risk WWIII over Iran. Besides, the unprecedented joint US/Israel military exercise has been postponed.

Joint US-Israel drill postponed to 'defuse Iran tensions'

It looks like Israel and the US are backing off, and Iran will follow suit. That is how this ballet has played out for the past decade. There is a flare-up here and there, saber-rattling, and everyone goes back to their corners before the crap hits the fan. Oh yeah, Russia and China chimes in from time to time to remain relevant to the argument as well. I am not going to lose sleep over the so-called "Iranian Crisis," or these latest remarks coming from some obscure Russian politicians. Just business as usual.
edit on 16-1-2012 by Jakes51 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 03:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Jakes51

Outta your whole post right there doesn't that still leave Tehran as the middle man? Of course there has to be a middle man...Why wouldn't there be?

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 03:27 AM
link   
reply to post by KonquestAbySS

Perhaps Iran is the middleman or any of the countries directly involved? Still, I think all sides are just bluffing with eachother as they have in the past, and no one is going to do anything. That is how this whole charade has played-out. Iran will go back to their stalling tactics to buy more time, Israel will continue firing warning salvos over Iran's bow, and the US will continue to gauge both sides. The Chinese and Russians will bumble around trying to decide whom to put their chips on. Personally, I don't think a war is going to happen this year because of the presidential election.

Stiffer sanctions have been imposed, the US has shown its willingness to side with Israel with the announcement of the postponed joint military exercise, and a line has been drawn in the sand about the Straight of Hormuz. As for Iran, they will return back to their corner and do whatever it is they are doing with their nuclear program and continue testing the waters about the willingness of their big partners China and Russia to support them in the event war breaks out. To me, I think that is the whole reason for this most recent flare-up by Iran. They are just testing the waters regarding all those involved. No war this year, but next year who knows?

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 03:30 AM
link   

reply to post by rigel4

Nope. Our military keeps tabs on everything that goes on in our waters. If we know where they are, they are not a threat.

Those who think these subs pose any threat have absolutely no clue how our military functions, nor the technology that is used.

You don't become the #1 military super power in the world without being able to detect potential threats and defend yourself.

Lol, this post is funny. Firstly, you become the world number 1 superpower by spending stupid money you DONT have on your military, and secondly, the US does NOT know where these subs are, and if you believe they do...you clearly don't know how the military works...

These subs, like the UK nuclear subs are not tracked because they are too difficult to track.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 03:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Jakes51

Perhaps Iran is the middleman or any of the countries directly involved? Still, I think all sides are just bluffing with each other as they have in the past, and no one is going to do anything. That is how this whole charade has played-out. Iran will go back to their stalling tactics to buy more time, Israel will continue firing warning salvos over Iran's bow, and the US will continue to gauge both sides. The Chinese and Russians will bumble around trying to decide whom to put their chips on. Personally, I don't think a war is going to happen this year because of the presidential election.

Of course it is bluffing yet we seem like we are on the same page somewhat, but this kind of scenario should be nothing but propaganda? No matter how you dissect it....

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 03:57 AM
link   
reply to post by jrmcleod

Okay? Might want to read that again:

You don't become the #1 military super power in the world without being able to detect potential threats and defend yourself.

Never said anything about how we got that way....

Secondly, yeah, they're so super secret that not only has the US spotted them, Canada has as well, and even civilians are aware of their presence.

Tell me Mister Scotland, how exactly does my military work?
edit on 16-1-2012 by blackmirage0311 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 04:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by victor7
reply to post by Futurcrat1

Jews have suffered all over and it seems only place they have not is the US and some other western nations. I think US should ask all the 6M Isrealis to pack up and immigrate to US. There are many thinly populated states like ND, SD, Montana, Utah etc. and this immigration will be good for the economies of these states. Jews are pretty good in entrepreneurship, academics, research etc. to begin with. They are mostly peaceful folks but in Israel it seems half the time they have to fight with Islamics and hence all this fear and anxiety over Iran building nukes.

I bet this will be a good solution to 'always in heat', the Middle East. However, knowing the Islamics, they might not settle down and next big fight in middle east will be Shia and Sunni sects in two power blocs. But the main reason of anti westernism and recent middle eastern wars will be over i.e. hostility towards Israel and issue of the land grab etc. World might be much more peaceful with not too much whining going around from either side.

Jews have become the worlds closest thing to the nazis that they hated with america lapping at there heals and kissing the ring of the jew hand. You would think that after being persecuted the world over they would ask themselves "what are WE doing to cause this perecusion" same with the Muslims.

We would all be better off with religion out of the world

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 04:11 AM
link   
How is it propaganda? Care to explain? I am only trying to gauge the situation as I see it from past scenarios similar to the one before us. The whole Iranian situation seems to have been an exercise of saber rattling, stare-down contests, pot stirring, and tough talk. Yet everything seems so well planned and orchestrated. Each side seems to know when to back-off before things get hot. This most recent situation looks to go that way.

Perhaps, the whole thing is one big propaganda operation by all the major players? Just gauging the reaction of each country about the prospect of war, Iran obtaining a nuclear weapon, Israel attacking on its own or with the support of the US, Russian and Chinese involvement, and other probable scenarios that could happen regarding this crisis. Thanks for the reply!

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 04:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Jakes51

The main OP is Israel national news! should I go on?

There is no explaining from my end but why this kind of story made it top NEWS....
edit on 16-1-2012 by KonquestAbySS because: propaganda.....

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 04:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by snowspirit
How can Iran be crushed "immediately"? If they're so easy, why did Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya, etc. last so long?

Because civilians were in the way. If it were army against army, the U.S. would have defeated its opponents quickly and easily.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 04:18 AM
link   

reply to post by jrmcleod

Okay? Might want to read that again:

Never said anything about how we got that way....

Secondly, yeah, they're so super secret that not only has the US spotted them, Canada has as well, and even civilians are aware of their presence.

Tell me Mister Scotland, how exactly does my military work?
edit on 16-1-2012 by blackmirage0311 because: (no reason given)

Rest assured, Russian, UK, US subs are almost undetectable. I know this because my boss is a 25 year vet as a Chief Engineer on UK Nuclear subs. They are found mainly by the sound of their props, when they are in port, their props are covered and sometimes changed. They do this to prevent satellites tracking them. Yes your navy might have located one or two but as soon as they dive they can and do vanish off of radar because of thermals and other techniques. Nobody except the captain is aware of the subs location.

You seem to be of the opinion that the US military is tracking these subs...no they are not. They will be constantly looking for them and may occasionally get a glimpse but these are not being tracked. They will show their heads occasionally but by the time their location is triangulated they disappear again.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 04:19 AM
link   
reply to post by KonquestAbySS

Yes, the article seems to be from an Israeli news sight. Why it made top news is a good question as well, because there was not one mention of someone or anyone from the Russian government actually saying what was said in the headline. The writer seems to have taken creative luxuries with what was actually said by the Russian diplomats? I see your point now.

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join