It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Italian Cruise Ship Reported Torpedoed By Iranian Submarine...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Bet the navigator of that cruise ship would like to blame it on Iran....

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Just one of those kilo class torps would blow a cruise ship into a few pieces too, being that it's close to 1000lbs of explosive in one torpedo... And it would have killed a whole lot more people if it had actually happened...

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by LongbottomLeaf
reply to post by flipflops

If an Iranian torpedo is code for Iranian catapult then maybe....

I'm crying.....LMAO

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Who could posess technology capable of overiding and navigating that big boy is worth a thought. Maybe the captain is in on it,

It's a shady world these day's

edit on 14-1-2012 by DarthPhobos because: (no reason given)

link   
Ok, guess Iran is using boulders for torpedos, what next? Snowballs as hand grenades? Come on people give your head a shake. They are looking for any excuse to go into Iran, leave them alone, they want energy and that is it end of story.

link   
Iran have torpedo’s that look like rocks
/scared

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   
I always thought modern torps don't actually hit the target, but explode underneath in order to break the keel?

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by ANOK
I always thought modern torps don't actually hit the target, but explode underneath in order to break the keel?

But I guess a "RockTorpedo" does have to strike the target. I just wonder what the launch tubes for those RockTorpedoes look like.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Mod Note -

Originally posted by Springer

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I will happily "declare" that ALL threads using Sorcha Faal as a source, directly or indirectly, will be put in the dread ATS [HOAX] Forum as soon as they are discovered by staff or reported by the Membership.

We do NOT want to support such garbage with any publicity on the Big ATS at all.

Springer...

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   
I see Iran unveiled its new reefpedo tech

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikellmikell
Is that why they show it with a bolder stuck in it's side. Oh well most of the news is just entertainment anyway

never believe what the msm just "shows" you since live tv is easily edited to show anything and pictures can and are doctored. that said, of course the ship hit a reef lol

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Question Fate

Sound advice,

Its a rather interesting story

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Maybe the rock is a drone and they are having difficulty cracking the hard outer shell. Leave it to the Iranians to lose one of their top secret rock drones.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ivar_Karlsen

Originally posted by Brasov
I belive Iran just put the reef under the boat to make it look like it hit a reef...

Yeah that seems plausible as they are reported (by Sorcha Faal?) to have developed some cutting edge tech lately.

Not so much cutting edge as stone age bludgeon??

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

I believe it was a stealth-torpedo.... and see it how well it worked. The crew thought it was just a reef, but in the meantime it was a huge, aggressive torpedo

I think the Americans should learn from this, and in the future disguise all their stealth stuff, as huge rocks

reminds me of a favorite child joke in Africa.
"How does an elephant camouflage itself?"
"By hiding in the fridge."
"Have you ever seen an elephant in the fridge?"
"No."
" See how good their camouflage is?
"

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   
You can tell by where the ship currently is that it was in water way too shallow and in a rocky area.

The only possibly conspiracy here is what the captain was doing there in the first place.

I personally find Sorcha's articles entertaining, but this one is too much of a stretch to even fantasize about.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   
I think Sorcha could have done better than this. Something like:

"A disturbing report from the Kremlin today shows that Iran used the same electronic warfare technology used to hijack a US drone in December to steer a cruise liner into a reef".

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by flipflops

Glad I could help

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Well for what its worth ATM the story moved. Now they are reporting *29* people missing. Guess the ME's won't have any trouble tracing the DNA evidence. Kilo class torpedoes are probably kind of esoteric and easy to miss. You have to admit the whole tragedy seems kind of surreal in nature.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join