It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the GOP finally taking Ron Paul seriously ?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Diablos
Nope, second year college student. Nice assumption. All of my classmates, friends, engineering and physics professors and TA's believe this guy is crazy. If Ron Paul wins the presidency, I'll be out of a job by the time I graduate thanks to his strong belief in "free-trade" and all of the manufacturing jobs have been outsourced.

Ron Paul is only supported by hippies and the uneducated.

How much do you get paid to troll this utter crap? It is enough to make up for selling your soul to Corporatism?

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Diablos

What a coincidence because im a college student to who just finished his Econ course with an A. You might wanna do some research like any intelligent individual would do and maybe you would realize your wrong. My professor said anybody who doesn't vote for Ron Paul is so far gone don't even bother helping them.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 12:32 AM
link   
They now know that many people are not buying Romney's policy of more the same.If any of you thought there was no difference between Bush and Obama.Just wait if Mitt gets elected it will seem that we had 8 years of Obama.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 12:40 AM
link   

No one takes that senile old man seriously. I am beginning to think he doesn't even take himself seriously, and his run is just a big joke at this point. Romney will obviously be the nominee.

You are either an idiot or a Government official. I'll go for the latter

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 01:30 AM
link   
The GOP is and has been taking Paul seriously for a good 30 years now. Up until this point, they have been able to contain him. Now, as the system crashes due to people making off like bandits and half the country pointing their finger, the GOP has a real problem on their hand. See they want to keep robbing the country blind, but these pesky humans and their "brain" just keep not letting them do it! How dare they! Let's put Ken doll Mitt Romney that can't even decide which under boxers to wear today infront of the American people because his teeth are white. There's really no other reason, but the sell outs on the media tell you to vote for him so go be a good patriotic American and do what the tv tells you!

edit on 15-1-2012 by Tesclo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 01:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Tesclo

Well damn,I guess you and I and the rest of us Americans on ATS are not good patriots! we don't do what the TV tells us!!!

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 02:29 AM
link   

The military industrial complex is good for this country, as we've generated just as much from the taxes of the millions of professional Americans employed by private contractors such as Boeing, Lockheed Martin, etc.

wow, you really must be a product of government education.

We don't generate money (towards debt) from taxes from the employed Americans!! It doesn't go towards the debt, it goes to the interest on the debt. ALL OF IT.

THIS, is why we are going to collapse economically; because of brain dead know it alls like you, who think spending trillions is good for the economy.

WOW, you are truly arrogant and gullible. I hope you rack up that college debt, because it's good for the economy too.

What would I know though, I'm just a stupid computer engineer.
edit on 15/1/12 by xstealth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 02:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by xstealth
I hope you rack up that college debt, because it's good for the economy too.

This must be part of the magic Ron Paul plan to save the economy then. Can you explain to me how having college loans is good for the economy?

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 02:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Drew99GTPut your money where your mouth is son. Pick up a rifle and go fight the "terrorists".

I plan to work in defence once I graduate, so I'll definitely be doing my part to help our troops have the best and most efficient weapons and technology at their disposal. Quite interesting how you have terrorists in quotations. So you believe our troops are not fighting terrorists overseas?

Do you believe our troops are fighting terrorists overseas? Prove it please...

I actually have been overseas, and I see who we are fighting. They are Taliban and not terrorists, but I don't expect you to know the difference.

No genius, it's not a 'conspiracy theory'.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 02:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Brandon88
My professor said anybody who doesn't vote for Ron Paul is so far gone don't even bother helping them.

Obviously not a civics professor then. The core problem with Ron Paul fanatics is that you all seem to think telling people to go # themselves is going to get Ron Paul elected.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 02:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Littikani
Obviously not a civics professor then. The core problem with Ron Paul fanatics is that you all seem to think telling people to go # themselves is going to get Ron Paul elected.

Please quote anywhere where a Ron Paul supporter has used that phrase, or anything similar. I would bet my left nut that you can't.

Note: Just quoting a single person comes nowhere near cutting it. Either front up with proof that many or most RP supporters do what you claim, or please scurry off back to the cesspool you were hired from to troll this nonsense.
edit on 15/1/2012 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 02:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Littikani

I hope you rack up that college debt, because it's good for the economy too.

This must be part of the magic Ron Paul plan to save the economy then. Can you explain to me how having college loans is good for the economy?

Yes, that was sarcasm.

It's as stupid as saying war is good for the economy.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 03:07 AM
link   
To all of you replying to Diablos, it is a complete waste of time as he is narrow minded and is actually part of what is wrong with the system : SELF INTEREST.

He is against Ron Paul just because he fears that if he is elected America wouldn't get into wars anymore and as a result military spending on defense would be cut thus making him potentially jobless. Anyway this is nonsens because Ron Paul is actually in favor of increasing national defense !

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 03:14 AM
link   

wow, you really must be a product of government education.

It seems anything not found in the minds of conspiracy loons is "government education". Lol.

Originally posted by xstealthWe don't generate money (towards debt) from taxes from the employed Americans!! It doesn't go towards the debt, it goes to the interest on the debt. ALL OF IT.

Prove it.

Originally posted by xstealthTHIS, is why we are going to collapse economically; because of brain dead know it alls like you, who think spending trillions is good for the economy.

It has been shown time and time again that war has bolstered the U.S economy. Spending on DoD causes defense contractors to take on more projects to design state of the art weapons, creating more jobs in the and thus employing more Americans . Anyone who believes more jobs in the private sector at the same time increased national security is a bad thing is truly the brain-dead one. We can easily fix our deficits by slashing other programs, such as entitlement programs, and keep spending for defense intact.

Originally posted by xstealthWOW, you are truly arrogant and gullible. I hope you rack up that college debt, because it's good for the economy too.

Interesting how you can't differentiate between DoD spending and college debt. Your comparison of them to be practically the same is only indicative of your poor understanding of how good the spending in the DoD truly is for the economy and how many millions of jobs it creates. However, keep buying RP's pacifist nonsense about DoD spending.

Originally posted by xstealthWhat would I know though, I'm just a stupid computer engineer.
edit on 15/1/12 by xstealth because: (no reason given)

Aren't you guys hit the worst by job outsourcing and importing of slave labor via H1-B's? It is amusing you support the only candidate who openly supports the underlying principles of the job outsourcing and H1-B'S that is ruining America. Under RP's "free market", you'll definitely be out of a job, unless you're willing to work for 2 dollars a day and compete against H1-B scabs.

edit on 15-1-2012 by Diablos because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 03:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Drew99GT

I would just like to thank you for being the first person to actually point out that war in itself is wrong, regardless of the amount of "profit" obtained. It's all blood money. The fact that someone, on this site of all places, can be so dogmatic in their praise of war is horrifying. I'm not even kidding, though I've been browsing this site for some time, I made an account, just now, for the sole purpose of chastising the fact that someone could vehemently defend violence between human beings for profit. There's something to be said about the admonishment of a self-defensive army, but to clearly be a proponent of war based solely upon the amount of money it makes and the jobs it creates? That is one of the most disgusting, inhuman things I have ever read. You should be ashamed of yourself, Diablos. War changes everything. It means someone's son, someone's father, someone's brother, mother, sister, daughter... someone is coming home in a coffin. And why? Because after hundreds of thousands of years of evolution, we still can't work out our differences through words. But hey, as long as you're making a buck, you can look the other way, right?

I think you need to reevaluate what it means to be human. And on a side note, I seriously can't believe you suggested a reduction of funding from the department of education to make up for all the spending that the military does. Are you high?

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 03:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by xstealthDo you believe our troops are fighting terrorists overseas? Prove it please...

I actually have been overseas, and I see who we are fighting. They are Taliban and not terrorists, but I don't expect you to know the difference.

No genius, it's not a 'conspiracy theory'.

The fact that you believe a group who has physically supported the terrorist organization that were responsible for 9/11 are not terrorists is shocking and shows truly how unpatriotic you are.

Just goes to show how fringe and extreme the typical RP supporter is.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 03:51 AM
link   
Can even Ron Paul save us now?

We are so far gone.

Can not imagine facing such a task. Like starting over.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 03:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aaces

I would just like to thank you for being the first person to actually point out that war in itself is wrong, regardless of the amount of "profit" obtained. It's all blood money. The fact that someone, on this site of all places, can be so dogmatic in their praise of war is horrifying. I'm not even kidding, though I've been browsing this site for some time, I made an account, just now, for the sole purpose of chastising the fact that someone could vehemently defend violence between human beings for profit. There's something to be said about the admonishment of a self-defensive army, but to clearly be a proponent of war based solely upon the amount of money it makes and the jobs it creates? That is one of the most disgusting, inhuman things I have ever read. You should be ashamed of yourself, Diablos. War changes everything. It means someone's son, someone's father, someone's brother, mother, sister, daughter... someone is coming home in a coffin. And why? Because after hundreds of thousands of years of evolution, we still can't work out our differences through words. But hey, as long as you're making a buck, you can look the other way, right?

Typical liberal, pacifist rambling. War is ingrained in man's blood. We are and always have been a violent species. A few hippy liberals that wear a peace sign isn't going to change anything. War has always been beneficial for mankind, as it reduces populations, ensures the victors the chance to reproduce, and vast material and resource gains. Even hundreds of thousands of years from now, if humans are still around, you can bet there will still be wars no matter how far civilization comes.

Originally posted by AacesI think you need to reevaluate what it means to be human. And on a side note, I seriously can't believe you suggested a reduction of funding from the department of education to make up for all the spending that the military does. Are you high?

The good thing is that many people on here most likely agree with me that the entire Department of Education needs to be reformed and have its funding significantly slashed.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 03:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Diablos

You're not doing so hot. I thought you were supposedly educated??
You never addressed this:

Originally posted by Wookiep
reply to post by Diablos

I'm sorry, but WAR is good for this country. I'm sick and tired of lolbertarians bashing our DoD and war efforts. War creates millions of jobs and the defence contracting industry is one of the only industries that has kept American jobs here. Ron Paul wants to slash funding for it and in the process millions of middle class professionals will be unemployed not to mention the fact that our top notch national security will also be compromised.

Really? You're sick of libertarians bashing our "war efforts" when our own military doesn't agree with them? Democrats usually refuse to call them "war efforts" anyway (under Obamas watch), but that's off-topic I suppose. We even have intelligence officers agreeing with Ron Paul's foreign policy, but now the pundits on the left and right seem to think they know more than them.

So you think we should just continue with "war efforts" to keep defense contractors happy? Delusional and irrational some people have become.

Take a look at this if you dare!
edit on 14-1-2012 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 04:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by WookiepYou're not doing so hot. I thought you were supposedly educated??
You never addressed this:

The words of one retired intelligence officer means 100% conclusively that RP is right on everything? How do you realistically expect me to address this?

For example, there are many more top retired military and intelligence officials that claim UFO's are indeed alien controlled space craft. Does that mean we take everything they say at face value? Are retired intelligence and military officials infallible?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join