It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the GOP finally taking Ron Paul seriously ?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by NucleardoomThese wars are costing the US trillions of dollars coupled with a sputtering economy, it's simple math. The spending to support this is unsustainable. If there is any profit to be gained by promoting the military industrial complex, where do you think that money ends up? It doesn't take a college education to know it's not in your wallet.
So which warmonger are you supporting, since there are a few to pick from?

edit on 14-1-2012 by Nucleardoom because: (no reason given)

Debt can easily be paid off by slashing funding for other unnecessary and bloated bureaucracies such as the department of Education and reform entitlements. The military industrial complex is good for this country, as we've generated just as much from the taxes of the millions of professional Americans employed by private contractors such as Boeing, Lockheed Martin, etc. It keeps money flowing in this economy. Where do you think those professionals will go once Ron Paul slashes funding for defence? If they don't leave the country altogether, they'll most likely be working minimum wage jobs as Ron Paul will at this point in time sign more "free trade" agreements that will allow for the outsourcing of the entire manufacturing and R&D industries. Out of all of the Republican candidates, only Ron Paul seems to be in favour of job outsourcing and completely destroying the middle class of America. At least the other candidates have proposed some solutions such as the possibility of bringing back tariffs to keep American jobs here.

In Ron Paul's ideal world, there are only two types of jobs: Middle and upper management corporate jobs or manual labour jobs. Everything else will be outsourced.
edit on 14-1-2012 by Diablos because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   
every American should be a libertarian at heart...whether democrat or republican...both should come together under that banner...

it's time for a real change, no more bs establishment.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Diablos

I'm sorry, but WAR is good for this country. I'm sick and tired of lolbertarians bashing our DoD and war efforts.

Put your money where your mouth is son. Pick up a rifle and go fight the "terrorists".

If war is good for this country, than why do the vast majority of the boots on the ground agree with and fund Ron Paul's candidacy more than any other candidate?

You're right, the military industrial complex does create jobs and it does promote economic growth; that's one reason why international banks fund both sides of wars. What you're saying is people profit from wars and it's one reason human beings have wars. If you think that's a good thing, I think you might want to recalibrate your moral compass.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by solarstormI have u wrong. Ur a DICK Cheney and Nancy Pelosi lapdog. War is so good? Let's strap ur ass to the next bomb and voice your opinion then.

It is a fact that war is one of our most prominent industries and employs millions of people, and yet people like you want to slash funding for defence and millions of people laid off in the process.

Every other GOP candidate seems to have a platform around JOB CREATION, while Ron Paul's policies seem to be about JOB DESTRUCTION.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Drew99GTPut your money where your mouth is son. Pick up a rifle and go fight the "terrorists".

I plan to work in defence once I graduate, so I'll definitely be doing my part to help our troops have the best and most efficient weapons and technology at their disposal. Quite interesting how you have terrorists in quotations. So you believe our troops are not fighting terrorists overseas?

Originally posted by Drew99GTIf war is good for this country, than why do the vast majority of the boots on the ground agree with and fund Ron Paul's candidacy more than any other candidate?

One or two soldiers speaking at Ron Paul's acceptance speeches does not constitute "majority" by my definition. The vast majority of the true patriots in the military support the war and know it is for the better good in the end.

Originally posted by Drew99GTYou're right, the military industrial complex does create jobs and it does promote economic growth; that's one reason why international banks fund both sides of wars. What you're saying is people profit from wars and it's one reason human beings have wars. If you think that's a good thing, I think you might want to recalibrate your moral compass.

Sorry, I don't believe in loony conspiracy theories.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Sorry, I don't believe in loony conspiracy theories.

Oh really? Look where you are posting kid. This is a conspiracy site... if you don't believe in CT's then WHY are you here?

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by maddog99
Of course they are taking him seriously. They won't get behind him unless he beats Romney.

Any person who takes Ron Paul seriously needs to get an education. Seriously.

Originally posted by maddog99Oh, and to this obvious still wet behind the ears college kid. Education doesn't always add up to intellect. That's what you obviously don't get.

I never implied education always equals intelligence. I am full aware that there are many people who are intelligent and high school drop outs, however, the majority of high school drop outs just aren't bright people in general. That's the truth.

Originally posted by maddog99A Troll is a Troll. No matter how highly you think of yourself, how much you pat yourself on your back for your feeble minded opinions.

It seems any person who employs critical thinking and logic into their posts is deemed a troll on this website.

Originally posted by maddog99I barely passed HS and worked my way up to a 100k / year position. Take your college education and come work for me. This almost 50 RP supporter will woop your butt right into the real world.

So, what? Do you really think your success implies intelligence? It is evident to any idiot that one's intelligence is not proportional to their salary (nothing wrong with that, we live in a capitalistic society after all). Many professional athletes haven't attended college and earn millions, yet I haven't seen any professional athlete win a Nobel prize in physics. I'm not saying you're not intelligent, but your assumption that one's salary is proportional to intelligence is clearly wrong.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   

how are you posting on ats and not know who profits from wars?

this is like ats 101
edit on 14-1-2012 by vjr1113 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by ugie1028Oh really? Look where you are posting kid. This is a conspiracy site... if you don't believe in CT's then WHY are you here?

I know full well where I am posting, thanks. There are many sceptics and, as you conspiracy theorists call them, "debunkers" and "trolls" on this website. The moderators and administrators have not banned scepticism and critical thinking on this website.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   

One or two soldiers speaking at Ron Paul's acceptance speeches does not constitute "majority" by my definition. The vast majority of the true patriots in the military support the war and know it is for the better good in the end.
reply to post by Diablos

You should do some research before you post then you wouldn't look so woefully uninformed. I will say nothing more to you than look at where the campaign contributions come from for the Republican canidates.

Funding

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Can anyone confirm that there is a debate tonight and Ron Paul is excluded? Someone told me that but I cant find anything online about it. I know theres a debate Monday that he will be at.

Edit: government.brevardtimes.com...
edit on 14-1-2012 by tehdouglas because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by ugie1028Oh really? Look where you are posting kid. This is a conspiracy site... if you don't believe in CT's then WHY are you here?

I know full well where I am posting, thanks. There are many sceptics and, as you conspiracy theorists call them, "debunkers" and "trolls" on this website. The moderators and administrators have not banned scepticism and critical thinking on this website.

You clearly lack skepticism and critical thinking because you have turned a blind eye to the MIC 'Military industrial complex.' A true critical thinker will weigh BOTH sides of an argument and NOT insult the other side of the debate. Really shows your lack of 'critical thinking' you claim to have... not to mention your immaturity.

since when do critical thinkers 'as you claim to be' insult the libertarians by calling them lolibertarians? if anything you are trolling this thread and not to mention you have PROVIDED NOTHING to support what you have been posting. If you keep this up.. your membership here will be cut short. Trolls have a short life span on this site and you're IMO treading on thin ice.

also... if you are so pro-war, why don't you join the military? you would strengthen your message... but im pretty sure you'd rather be a keyboard hero for the PTB in this country.
edit on 1/14/2012 by ugie1028 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Diablos

People tend to vote for their own self-interests. Ron Paul offers his supporters real hope for less intrusion from government and the scam that IS the Federal Reserve. Do some homework.

Our entitlement society is going to vote for the guys who give them their handouts. Uh oh, that's a huge voting block to overcome when it's time to get rid of the current administration! P\Conservatives,professionals and business owners need to band together or we will lose to the opened-handed entitled ones!

Think carefully Diablos, you may be shooting your own career in the foot.

Oh, I forgot you told us your penchant for war. For you, it's a self-serving choice......"I plan to work in defence once I graduate"

By the way, it's spelled defenSe

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by tehdouglas

There is a debate tonight and it looks like Ron Paul is not on the list.
www.2012presidentialelectionnews.com...

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by ugie1028You clearly lack skepticism and critical thinking because you have turned a blind eye to the MIC 'Military industrial complex.' A true critical thinking will weigh BOTH sides of the argument. and NOT insult the other side of the debate. Really shows your lack of 'critical thinking' you claim to have.

So, you dispute the FACT that war is one of our most prominent industries and employs the most Americans and that slashing funding for our war and ending the military industrial complex is good for the country? This is common sense and doesn't require critical thinking. War keeps millions of manufacturing and R&D professionals employed to always innovate better and more efficient weaponry to keep our national security and foreign interests intact. The military industrial complex goes a long way to help keeping these efforts funded. Cut funding, and millions of people are out of work.

This is common sense. Would you want to me to post a study for you to that 2 + 2 = 4?

Funny how some conspiracy theorist is trying to lecture me on scepticism.

Originally posted by ugie1028since when do critical thinkers 'as you claim to be' insult the libertarians by calling them lolibertarians? if anything you are trolling this thread and not to mention you have PROVIDED NOTHING to support what you have been posting. If you keep this up.. your membership here will be cut short. Trolls have a short life span on this site and you're IMO treading on thin ice.

I have not breached any of terms of service (I have read it word for word). Have you read the terms of service? Because it seems you would know that threatening others with a ban when you don't have the power (impersonating a moderator/administrator) is a very serious violation of the terms of service. Perhaps, you should take your own advice and stop threatening other users with a ban when you do not have that authority?

I've read other posts on this forum, and it seems anybody who opposes RP is by defined as a "troll" by his fan boys. Funny how these trolls are still around for years and years. I guess the moderators do not agree with who RP supporters define as a troll (anyone who disagrees with your ideologies)?

You're an ideologue of the worst kind.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Diablos

wow you perceived my warning to you as a threat? your density is astounding!

For the MIC, yea of course it has its benefits; I'm not refuting that. But the system its running on is crippling the world economy through fractional reserve banking. The more money we print and hand over to the MIC weakens the dollar and in turn increases the living expenses of the average American. For example if you see prices go up at the store, it doesn't mean it got more expensive but more along the lines of the dollar being weakened by continuous printing. keep this up and you have total collapse and again in turn making the USA more vulnerable economically and militarily. Refute that, if not im done with you.

peace

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Diablos

"So, you dispute the FACT that war is one of our most prominent industries...."
Your words, not mine. Your claim of fact is wrong, young man.

Please understand that we have a DEFENSE industry.

WAR is an ACT upon another entity.

Have you heard of the "horrors of WAR"?

Have you ever heard of the "horrors of DEFENSE"?
I didn't think so.

Without war, we will continue to have a DEFENSE industry! It's brought us many of our greatest inventions!

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nucleardoom
reply to post by Littikani

Military support for Paul is simple. Quit fighting these wars we can't afford, and shouldn't be involved in anyways. Wars based on weapons of mass destruction LIES. That is one really expensive lie huh? The troops are sick of it, and Paul supports this so naturally they will support him. They know when signing up they took an oath to protect the country from threats, not to be provoking foreign wars for oil, drugs, pipelines or anything else they can pillage for profit. When your on your 6th deployment in Afghanistan you might have a clue as to why he has such strong military support.

You did not even address what I wrote.

You sound like you are copying from a script. This is a like a robo-response with prepared talking points and all but it does not actually address anything in my post. It is just you expressing your personal opinion about something of which I presented a question that begs real answers.

This is actually getting tiring.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by solarstormProlly better that you don't think. Too complex for high school trolls such as yourself.

Nope, second year college student. Nice assumption. All of my classmates, friends, engineering and physics professors and TA's believe this guy is crazy. If Ron Paul wins the presidency, I'll be out of a job by the time I graduate thanks to his strong belief in "free-trade" and all of the manufacturing jobs have been outsourced.

Ron Paul is only supported by hippies and the uneducated.

You need to spend another semester in school. And learn some comprehension skills while you're at it. His belief is in free market, not free trade. And he's right.

As for the hippies and uneducated? I'm neither, and I fully support him. People with critical thinking skills support him fully.

/TOA

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Littikani

Originally posted by verylowfrequency

Professionals with PhD's in engineering that were doing managing large scale projects and earning 100K/year are now working at Mcdonalds for less than 22K/year thanks to their jobs being outsourced.

There is plenty of vacant jobs for capable engineers - always has been. The U.S. is importing engineers, because we don't have enough. Technology companies & energy companies are hiring. The only ones who can't get jobs, don't want a full time job. None would waste their time at McDonalds when they can freelance for 500-2k a day. As long as you're willing to work anywhere, there is plenty of work to be had - even for simple laborers.

Like McDonalds? Where are all these jobs for "laborers?"
It kind of sounds like you reinforced the point you were arguing against. Plenty of places to work as long as you dont mind working at mcdonalds.

At least it's work. I'm pretty damned sick of paying other peoples' bills when I am trying to make ends meet. McDonald's pays minimum wage. Last I checked, with something called "math", minimum wage is about $7.15 more than zero.

/TOA

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join