It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report: U.S. preparing for an Israeli strike on Iran

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 03:10 AM
link   

Report: U.S. preparing for an Israeli strike on Iran

www.haaretz.com

According to the report, U.S. defense officials are becoming increasingly concerned that Israel is preparing to carry out such a strike.

"Our concern is heightened," a senior U.S. military official told the Wall Street Journal.

The U.S. military is reportedly preparing for a range of possible responses to an Israeli strike on Iran, including attacks by pro-Iranian Shiite militias against the U.S. Embassy in Iraq.
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 14-1-2012 by YouAreLiedTo because: (no reason given)

edit on 1/14/2012 by 12m8keall2c because: title to same as source

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 03:10 AM
link   
Ok everyone...

How much do you have to hear before you realize this war (and every other war in the last two decades) is being waged for. The wrong reasons?

The USA is actively saying that they will support any Israeli terrorist activities...

If Israel attacks Iran unprovoked...

I just hope our military knows when to stand up and say, "This is wrong!"

www.haaretz.com

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 03:20 AM
link   
If war, that cements four more years for us here in America.

U.S. wants to wait for sanctions. I don't get it, Iran has already said how they would retaliate.
Seems like they're just going through the motions so its on paper. Like that has ever excused them before.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 03:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by YouAreLiedTo
The USA is actively saying that they will support any Israeli terrorist activities...

www.haaretz.com

I am sorry but i didn't infer this from the article you posted.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 03:25 AM
link   
reply to post by YouAreLiedTo

A bird told me``the #e is going to hit the fan``I`m thinking,why such the build up of forces around seriouslya and the straight of sunkin chips``.Sweet georgia is a bandaid....Oh what a wonderful world.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 03:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by synnergy
If war, that cements four more years for us here in America.

U.S. wants to wait for sanctions. I don't get it, Iran has already said how they would retaliate.
Seems like they're just going through the motions so its on paper. Like that has ever excused them before.

sanctions are not implemented by the US alone...

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 03:28 AM
link   
It is not an American war yet, but the jewspaper seems to want us to believe it is.
Now that you believe that the US is at war, you can convince the others of the same.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 03:29 AM
link   
reply to post by mileysubet

Yes true, didn't mean to imply they were only from the U.S.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 03:36 AM
link   
I am staggered that the United States of America is an ally with Israel.

They are the worst kind of friend and seem to be so trigger happy with absolutely no care whatsoever that what they do could affect the world.

The problem is, So many Americans still don't see that their government behaves as though it is Israel's bitch and just want a big ol' fireworks display in the middle east to show how awesomecool they still are - as though it matters.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 03:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by mileysubet

www.haaretz.com

The motto here on ATS is "Deny ignorance" not "Embrace ignorance"

Unless it takes a signed letter by the president of the united states saying "We support israel in every war effort they make,terrorist in nature or not" i would say, Enjoy your embrace.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 03:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by g146541
It is not an American war yet, but the jewspaper seems to want us to believe it is.
Now that you believe that the US is at war, you can convince the others of the same.

What exactly do you mean by using the term "jewspaper", that seems to be a rather racist remark...

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 03:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rafe_

Unless it takes a signed letter by the president of the united states saying "We support israel in every war effort they make,terrorist in nature or not" i would say, Enjoy your embrace.

By the time you will ever see a signed letter...

It will be way too late.

Deny Ignorance.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 03:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rafe_

Originally posted by mileysubet

www.haaretz.com

Well we are down to personal attacks now?

No but I don't tend to abstract information from a biased source either. That is how I have denied ignorance.

Some people here on ATS seem to grasp at straws simply to gain attention. I feel that the title of this thread is not accurate and over sensationalized. Honestly some people here on ATS are just as bad as the MSM in the way they push their personal agendas.

edit on 14-1-2012 by mileysubet because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 03:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Garfee

I`m friggen dumb founded because i live from the north of the aggressors.And right on a major oil producing facility,on the border to boot.NOt being paronoid,but we were tenth on the list when the cold war was still around.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 03:44 AM
link   
I think this could be a huge issue in the future... I tried explaining the situation with the us/uk ships, Russia and China etc to a family member... and got no response...

I think people assume this will be like Iraq/Afghanistan; Where the battle was fought miles away, and we didn't feel much of an effect at home shores (aside from budgetary constraints etc) Where as if SHTF with Russia and China... Its most probably going to arrive a lot closer. (Just my opinion)

Thankyou for the post OP, I have gotten very interested in this issue.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 03:48 AM
link   
reply to post by YouAreLiedTo

sweet,Tom petty just came on``i won`t back down``I always loved that tune

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 03:55 AM
link   

I agree,any in the box argument must be contained.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 04:03 AM
link   

Jewspapers...never heard of it...you mean dead sea scrolls.What ever,peace and great prosperity to you and the fam damily.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 04:05 AM
link   
Looks like more biased 'news' to me.

I love how a 'senior military official' said such and such.

I strongly recommend taking your news from SEVERAL different sources, being careful to include sources that you may not agree with, because perspective is important. Look at all the extremes, and through that, try to find the actual real news buried underneath the propaganda and bias of most of the reporting agencies.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 04:14 AM
link   
Did anyone catch this headline on the headline banner on Haaretz.

Dozens of Syrian tanks surround area near Lebanese border (DPA)

I know a bit off topic.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join