It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report: U.S. preparing for an Israeli strike on Iran

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Report: U.S. preparing for an Israeli strike on Iran

I bet Saudi Arabia would love it if Israel hit Iran. That way the region would be rid of the Iranian nuclear program and everyone would be able to breath better .. AND ... after Israel nailed Iran, then Saudi Arabia would in turn nail Israel in 'retaliation' and be rid of Israel which would make the Arabs happy.

I bet Saudi Arabia would have a massive holiday.
It would be win/win for them.

Could you at least for once show some proof that Iran's nuclear program is for weapons and not peaceful? They have every right to nuclear power and America is breaking it's agreement by not helping them get nuclear power.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   

The people need to overthrow those Zionists asap. If we don't then they are going to get us all killed. I'm getting sick of those 'Gung Ho Patriots' around the world calling for the attack on Iran when Iran has and never will do anything wrong. The only Terrorists we have in this world are the US, UK, EU and Israel.
reply to post by stevcolx

You are kidding of course...Right?

Look up Persia...Iran is only a recent name change in recent history...

Oh, overthrow the "Zionist's"....that's a real, non-ethnic cleansing comment.

How about let's just understand our differences, and live as one world...oh wait that isn't possible because if you are not "Muslim," you are an infidel and not worthy to live, amongst the true believers.

Smell the roses of discontent...live by "Sharia" law...just try me.

Some people...so blinded by their faith, that there is no tolerance.

Ignorance rules...sometimes on this board...which is, supposed to be comprised of those who claim to "Deny Ignorance", but surly none is Denied but propagated.

We in the USA enjoy something they will never have...A thing called separation of Church and State...a country controlled and ruled by Religious zealot's who believe that everyone who, does not believe as they, are subject to termination...is indeed a dangerous country.

edit on 14-1-2012 by Andronian because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-1-2012 by Andronian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by RobbWonder

I tried to explain this to some of my friends and family members, but it's only the preppers I know that seem to understand.

If war isn't coming, I don't know why we have two aircraft carriers near the straight of Hormuz with another on the way.

A waste of nuclear fuel, if you ask me.

But we shall see. I've been seeing news that the Iranians seem to be convinced the CIA was behind the assassination of the Iranian nuclear scientist that was blown up earlier this week. Perhaps we're trying to goad them into taking the first shot?

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by mileysubet

Originally posted by Rafe_

Originally posted by YouAreLiedTo
The USA is actively saying that they will support any Israeli terrorist activities...

If Israel attacks Iran unprovoked...
www.haaretz.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

I am sorry but i didn't infer this from the article you posted.

The motto here on ATS is "Deny ignorance" not "Embrace ignorance"

Unless it takes a signed letter by the president of the united states saying "We support israel in every war effort they make,terrorist in nature or not" i would say, Enjoy your embrace.

Well we are down to personal attacks now?

No but I don't tend to abstract information from a biased source either. That is how I have denied ignorance.

Some people here on ATS seem to grasp at straws simply to gain attention. I feel that the title of this thread is not accurate and over sensationalized. Honestly some people here on ATS are just as bad as the MSM in the way they push their personal agendas.

edit on 14-1-2012 by mileysubet because: (no reason given)

Do you believe everything a president ,the pope or any kind of politician or newspaper says? Do you always take everything at face value? Or do you interpret things in correlation with current events for yourself.

I usually do the latter and try not to let any article or any politically biased party or member there off tell me what to think about the situation.Only naive people let the occur.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by saroncan
reply to post by YouAreLiedTo

This one really puzzles me.Why is there a us coast guard boat patrolling on that side of the earth...in the straights É

One, It gives them proper training. They are a branch of the Navy and the number one mission is to protect the coast of the U.S.. Two, the Coast Guard has smaller ships and boats for shallow waters like the Gulf. Three, they provide security for the fifth fleet and important assets in the area. They are perfect for helping destroy those little boats Iran has running around and then arresting who ever is left alive.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by FTD Brat
reply to post by RobbWonder

If war isn't coming, I don't know why we have two aircraft carriers near the straight of Hormuz with another on the way.

A waste of nuclear fuel, if you ask me.

We have had two carriers in that area off and on over the years and its really not a big deal. A nuclear carrier of ours can go 13-15 years with out changing its fuel so it does not matter where they go.

If the Stennis stays on station then you know things are serious or if another besides the America comes on station in the area. During the previous Gulf-Iraq wars we had six in striking distance and used them all. One was even in the Red Sea bombing Iraq.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Patriotsrevenge

Those "little boats" that Iran has "running around" are in waters just next to it's own country. I think they are allowed to be there?

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by g146541
It is not an American war yet, but the jewspaper seems to want us to believe it is.
Now that you believe that the US is at war, you can convince the others of the same.

What exactly do you mean by using the term "jewspaper", that seems to be a rather racist remark...

why is calling it what it realy is.
you kow a jewish newspaper racist ? lol
so basicly we are not aloud to use the word jew...ok
how lame ....wtf!!!
now on subject
I hope things go as planned if this is carried out ,there is a lotta things that could go wrong.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   
please delete
edit on 14-1-2012 by piett because: WRONG THREAD

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Garfee

Really??? How are your opinions formed? You do know that there has been, and are very high level U.S. government people that have dual citizenship right?...hint.. isn't Canadian.

So why would you even ask that question? The U.S. has much worse friends anyway...Egypt comes to mine...the Saudi's come to mine....

Stop hating on the jews and Israeli...After all, our governments/citizens are one big happy united family.

You don't have to like it, but at least understand why there is an unbreakable connection between us.

My only opinion on the relationship....Stop giving them money.....They want to, and are capable, of taking care of themselves.....Stop all foreign aid until we can afford it.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 03:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Andronian

Regardless of what controlled religion we are or what color or what ethnic background, we are all in the same sh*t. We are all persecuted or soon to be persecuted by the same 'people'. That's the Zionists to u and me.

I know it is a tall order to say 'Overthrow them' but it will have to be done if we are all to survive. It's the Zionists that are creating these wars and killing all innocent people. The strike on Iran is only for that dirty little 3 letter word 'OIL'. And it doesn't matter how many innocent people they kill to get it.

This will lead to World War 3. Just like the first 2 World Wars they created.

We can't all live in peace because of the Zionists. They are constantly winding the nations and religions up against each other. One of the many reasons why they created the different religions and cultures in the first place.

The only hope for this world is the people. We have to unite regarless of color and creed and we have to rise up against our enemies (Zionists)

We have to wake up together, stand together and all say NO!!!!

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Res Ipsa

I don't hate jews and I have never written anything for someone to assume otherwise.

My opinion is similar to yours in that American financial aid to Israel should be stopped immediately if Israel wants to be recognised as an independant nation and also because like you mentioned, the USA can hardly afford to be sending money.

The reason I asked why America and Israel are such close allies is because Israel give nothing in return and asks so much. Theres no give and take, just give, on the part of the USA. Putting aside my opinion that the USA shouldn't be trying to police the world and start baby wars all over the place, another reason I wrote that Israel isn't a very good friend the America is because they are so aggressive. One might say that's fair enough on account of who they're surrounded by but someone should take the high road and if they're so civilized there they might like to be the one that does.

It's not hard to just say, "We do not agree with _____'s forgeign policy but we want to be your friend as best as possible".

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

Could you at least for once show some proof that Iran's nuclear program is for weapons and not peaceful? They have every right to nuclear power and America is breaking it's agreement by not helping them get nuclear power.

Please provide an example of what one would use uranium that has been enriched beyond 20% for if not a weapon…that type of enrichment isn’t necessary for nuclear energy production.

Would you rather wait until they have a nuke and use it? Is that the kind of proof you need before we act?

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Yes. It's not an act of war until it's an act of war and how can anyone tell if a weapon can or will be used until it is?

If one disagrees then perhaps it would also be wise to have an all out war with current nuclear powers simply because they also have the technology and people are concerned they might use it.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Garfee

According to the Council on Foreign Relations and the United Nations, Iran is prohibited from possessing nuclear weapons and enriched uranium. Read up!!

UN Security Council Resolution 1929

1. Ban on Iranian certain nuclear and missile investment abroad. Iran is prohibited from investing in sensitive nuclear activities abroad, like uranium enrichment and reprocessing activities, where it could acquire nuclear technology and know-how, as well as activities involving ballistic missiles capable of delivering nuclear weapons. The ban also applies to investment in uranium mining.

2. Conventional arms ban. States are prohibited from selling or in any way transferring to Iran eight broad categories of heavy weapons (battle tanks, armored combat vehicles, large caliber artillery systems, combat aircraft, attack helicopters, warships, missiles or missile systems). States are similarly prohibited from providing technical or financial assistance for such systems, or spare parts. States are also to exercise vigilance and restraint in supplying any other arms or related materiel to Iran.

3. Ban on ballistic missile activities. Iran is prohibited from undertaking any activity related to ballistic missiles capable of carrying nuclear weapons and States are required to take all necessary measure to prevent the transfer of related technology or technical assistance.

CFR

And why are the prohibited, you ask??

edit on 15-1-2012 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Is Australia prohibited too? Or just Iran because they aren't the popular kid at school?

Fk the UN anyway, they're good for...remind me again? As for the council on foreign relations, you've got to be kidding...

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag

According to the Council on Foreign Relations and the United Nations, Iran is prohibited from possessing nuclear weapons and enriched uranium. Read up!!
]

OK I'm confused...

When the UN passes resolutions against Israel, you guys say they are muppets and outdated.
Now your quoting UN resolutions..... boggle.

And the CFR , you seriously have to be joking.
That group is basically the AIPAC with a military backing.

Cmon Seabag, really.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Garfee
reply to post by seabag

Is Australia prohibited too? Or just Iran because they aren't the popular kid at school?

Fk the UN anyway, they're good for...remind me again? As for the council on foreign relations, you've got to be kidding...

Hypothetical situation (I know it’s far-fetched but bear with me):

You’re at home with your wife and children. You’re armed. An intruder stands outside your house for hours making threats to kill your family. There are no police to call. You see the person approaching your front porch where you keep a loaded gun. You know he sees it and is approaching it. He’s made his intentions known. What do you do?

According to your logic you will wait until he fires at you to engage him. Ridiculous in my book!! I’m not saying you have to shoot him (or in the case of Iran that we should nuke them) but you must stop him from getting that gun (we must stop Iran from getting a nuke) because once he gets it, the odds have changed drastically and the life of your loved ones is in MUCH more danger.

In addition....All of this could be avoided if Iran would simply stop its pursuit of nuclear weapons. They are bringing this upon themselves.
edit on 15-1-2012 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

The law says I have to warn the intruder first before taking any defensive action. I am not legally allowed to shoot first and ask questions later.

Using this example, who is the intruder in the middle east? USA or Iran?

EDIT: Iran is a sovereign nation and allowed to protect their country the same as any other and I don't know that Casus belli covers making weapons which other countries already have.
edit on 15-1-2012 by Garfee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tw0Sides

Originally posted by seabag

]

OK I'm confused...

When the UN passes resolutions against Israel, you guys say they are muppets and outdated.
Now your quoting UN resolutions..... boggle.

And the CFR , you seriously have to be joking.
That group is basically the AIPAC with a military backing.

Cmon Seabag, really.

I know….attack the source rather than addressing the issue.

Look, if you break a law in America, you go to jail. If you think the government is corrupt, guess what? You’re still going to jail!!! If you think the laws are unjust, guess what??? You’re still going to jail!!!! If you think the government doesn’t have the authority to impose that law on you, guess what??? You’re STILL going to Jail!!!

Just because you disagree with CFR and the UN and you disagree with the regulations they’ve imposed on Iran doesn’t mean that they are not going to enforce the regulations in place.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join