It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report: U.S. preparing for an Israeli strike on Iran

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 04:31 AM
link   
reply to post by YouAreLiedTo

This one really puzzles me.Why is there a us coast guard boat patrolling on that side of the earth...in the straights É

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 04:40 AM
link   
For those of you not satisfied with the Haaretz paper as a source for this thread, then perhaps you'd prefer to hear it from the horse's mouth ?

Original source:

Wall Street Journal

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 04:43 AM
link   
"The US military is preparing for a number of possible responses to an Israeli strike, including assaults by pro-Iranian Shiite militias in Iraq against the US Embassy in Baghdad," the paper quoted a US official as saying.

According to the report, Washington has moved a second aircraft carrier to the Persian Gulf area and has stationed 15,000 troops in Kuwait as means to create deterrence in the region.

It addition, officials told the paper that the US military also pre-positioning aircraft and other military equipment in the region, and have transferred arms and equipment to Gulf states including the United Arab Emirates and Saudi Arabia.

www.ynetnews.com...

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 04:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by CranialSponge
For those of you not satisfied with the Haaretz paper as a source for this thread, then perhaps you'd prefer to hear it from the horse's mouth ?

Original source:

Wall Street Journal

Yes Cranial Sponge - The Wall Street Journal is making it quite clear - and unless Iran backs down (which is looking very doubtful because they know they have Russia and China onside) - it's just a matter of time.

TextThe U.S. military is preparing for a number of possible responses to an Israeli strike, including assaults by pro-Iranian Shiite militias in Iraq against the U.S. Embassy in Baghdad, according to U.S. officials.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 05:26 AM
link   
This is getting beyond a joke. Iran has done nothing wrong. The War Mongers of the US and Israel are preparing to attack a country for nothing. Just like Iraq and Libya.

When are people going to wake up and smell the BS?

The people need to overthrow those Zionists asap. If we don't then they are going to get us all killed. I'm getting sick of those 'Gung Ho Patriots' around the world calling for the attack on Iran when Iran has and never will do anything wrong. The only Terrorists we have in this world are the US, UK, EU and Israel.

If this attack of this innocent country goes ahead millions of people around the world will die. Not just Iranians! If those Zionists attack Iran then they will be met by brutal opposition. And not just from Iran. From Russia and China.

World War 3 will start. Millions will be vaporized in an instant. This world will be hell for the survivors that are left.

Why in the hell are people condoning this genocidal attack???

Has the world gone MAD???

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 05:41 AM
link   
In this 2011 vid Chomsky cites a Pentagon report which states that Iran is not an external threat. A nightmare regime for its own people perhaps - but the regime's military strategies are defensive and deterrent. The Pentagon report even states that Iran's failure to clarify its nuclear intentions is part of its deterrent strategy.

I don't think there will be a war here at all.

edit on 14-1-2012 by christina-66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 05:43 AM
link   
Lets not fall for the dramatization and sensationalism by the MSM over this, shall we? As for the so-called military build-up in the Persian Gulf in the form of two aircraft carrier battle groups in the gulf is standard operating procedure.

Two U.S. Aircraft Carriers Near Iran, With A Third On The Way

Typically, there are two carrier battle groups in the area. (U.S. Central Command’s official naval posture is to have an average of 1.7 battle groups in the region annually.) It just so happened that the Stennis was the only one nearby when the Iranians began making threats about the strategically vital strait. The deployments of both the Vinson and the Lincoln have been in the works for months.

Nothing spectacular here, but a staggered departure of the Stennis Battle Group because of the flare-up coming out of Iran at the moment. As for the recent assassination of the nuclear scientist? That has been going on for years.

Iran Signals Revenge Over Killing of Scientist

Mr. Roshan was at least the fifth Iranian scientist with nuclear connections to be killed since 2007.

There is a covert war going at the moment in the region, and even Iran has a stake in all of it. There are allegations of Iran stirring up the Shiites in Bahrain last year, aiding and abetting the insurgency in Iraq during US military operations, and the support of Hezbollah and Hamas against Israel.

Bahrain's king accuses Iran of being behind Shi'ite uprising
Weapons prove Iranian role in Iraq, U.S. says
Iran and Terrorism - State Sponsored Terrorism in Iran

Just typical cloak and dagger sabotage, espionage, and assassinations. In other words, do I think tensions are high? Not entirely, because when has tensions not been high regarding Iran's nuclear program? A war could have broke at anytime during the last decade, but it did not. During the course of the years, the MSM did a heck of a job over dramatizing and sensationalizing the situation between Iran and the international community. Just more saber rattling, and nations drawing lines in the sand for each other. I don't foresee any significant military involvement against Iran or anywhere in particular at this time.

There is an election year in the US. President Obama is more concerned about domestics policies, fundraising, and his campaign to lose a wink of sleep over tensions in the Middle East. Israel knows this, and so does Iran. It gives another year for Iran to do whatever it wishes with its nuclear program, and Israel more time to plan and make preparations in the event Iran gets close to the bomb. Just another typical Middle Eastern flare-up. More nations poking sticks at other, and before anyone makes an attempt to get wise all of them return to their corners. After next year who knows where this will go, but right now I do not see anything happening. I slept like a baby last night.
edit on 14-1-2012 by Jakes51 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 05:55 AM
link   
reply to post by christina-66

That was a great video, thanks !

Noam Chomsky nailed it to a tee, calling it like it is.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by stevcolx

The only Terrorists we have in this world are the US, UK, EU and Israel.

WRONG. You shouldn't brand any country's population which youre implying because of the actions of it's leaders. It's the inbred, blue blooded elite, Zionist pigs, living in these countries and around the world including Islamists from alot of other countries playing the game.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   

What's wrong with terrorism?

George Washington seemed to use it quite well. As well as Gandhi and a host of other terrorists.

I say let them do it. I see no reason why we should care who blows each other up on lands that have been subject to such wars for all eternity. All those dead scientists leads me to believe Israel can handle itself very well.

There is an ancient rule of war. Never get involved with Asiatic land wars. I see no reason to drop that rule now.

Let them do it. Their local issue is not my problem.

If Israel attacks Iran unprovoked...

LOL! Unprovoked! Israel and Iran both elected war hawks. They provoked each other. They were made for each other in the pits of hell. Let them embrace their fiery inferno of death.
edit on 14-1-2012 by Gorman91 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by saroncan

This one really puzzles me.Why is there a us coast guard boat patrolling on that side of the earth...in the straights É

The US Coast Guard cutter Adak has been in the Persian Gulf since 2003 and has earned the nickname "Grizzly of the Gulf". It has been used synergistically with the Navy to patrol close to the shoreline, as the USN doesn't have boats with a shallow enough draft yet.

Of course if you do some research all becomes clear

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Israel and the US are controlled by the same entities so it doesn't matter where the first strike comes from. They're just saying bs like this to try and make it look like its not just the US hell bent on attacking other countries, they can use Israel as a proxy
edit on 14-1-2012 by Equ1nox because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by YouAreLiedTo

I just hope our military knows when to stand up and say, "This is wrong!"

You need to study history.

When the US tried to take the Philippines General Jacob Smith ordered everyone over 10 years old to be killed.

Nobody said "this is wrong". ....."""Just following orders.""""

Remember those 3 words. You'll find them throughout history.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   

edit on 14-1-2012 by MaKaElectric because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   
"Saddam Hussein has weapons of mass destruction."

Sound familiar? Wake up America FFS

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   

I bet Saudi Arabia would love it if Israel hit Iran. That way the region would be rid of the Iranian nuclear program and everyone would be able to breath better .. AND ... after Israel nailed Iran, then Saudi Arabia would in turn nail Israel in 'retaliation' and be rid of Israel which would make the Arabs happy.

I bet Saudi Arabia would have a massive holiday.
It would be win/win for them.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   

i think you'll find Israel is behind everything including 9/11. i just hope ron paul wins the election and more importantly, if war has already broken out, what will he instruct? i.e immediate pull out or see through to the end of the war and then back on manifesto?

i think this question should be asked at one of the presidential debates as it would be important to americans in the near future, a decision that is economic,political and defense that would affect all of the U.S.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   
The war began 5 years ago.

2007 :
Bush Authorizes New Covert Action Against Iran

At this point, it's only a question of intensity.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by YouAreLiedTo

www.haaretz.com

According to the report, U.S. defense officials are becoming increasingly concerned that Israel is preparing to carry out such a strike.

"Our concern is heightened," a senior U.S. military official told the Wall Street Journal.

The U.S. military is reportedly preparing for a range of possible responses to an Israeli strike on Iran, including attacks by pro-Iranian Shiite militias against the U.S. Embassy in Iraq.

Well there's an obvious solution to that problem, isn't there?

Though I'm not convinced the Israelis will declare war on Iran, given recent Mossad successes which (hopefully) will satisfy the warmongers?

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   
israel can't beat iran militarily. they just don't have the manpower or equipment to traverse their army through iraq into iran and defeat them.

they would have to go thru jordan, thru iraq and then into iran. its just impossible. only the u.s. can fight for them.

israel is not as strong as people believe. only their nuclear missiles are serving as a deterrent.

they could send warplanes to strike, but it will ineffective against a well armed air defence.

then their civilian population would have to bear the brunt of a missile bombardment.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join