It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EXCLUSIVE: U.S. harassed by Iranian boats

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   

EXCLUSIVE: U.S. harassed by Iranian boats

CNN Link

At a time of heightened tensions with Iran, U.S. military officials confirm to CNN that on January 6, U.S. military and Coast Guard ships had two close encounters with high-speed Iranian boats in the Strait of Hormuz and Persian Gulf that exhibited provocative behavior.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Iranian supreme leader blames U.S., Israel for scientist's death
edit on 1/13/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

+6 more 
posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Whos harrasing who ?? is the question

Iran scientists getting killed
More sanctions that will decimate the iranian economy

They are very pissed with good reasons
this wasnt a suicidal mission ...to make an incident ...

First theory i have
were they testing their speed boat on us warship ?? .. not logic
Second theory
why would Iran do that ... giving the US a perfect reason to enter war
another cover up ?

Things are getting out of control
and a war is getting really close

A senior U.S. military official confirms the following to CNN:

The USS New Orleans, an amphibious transport ship was sailing through the Strait of Hormuz into the Persian Gulf when three Iranian Navy speed boats rapidly approached within 500 yards of the ship. The Iranians did not respond to whistle signals or voice queries from the New Orleans. The lack of response disregards standard maritime protocols. The boats eventually broke away.

On the same day the U.S. Coast Guard cutter Adak was also harassed by high-speed Iranian Navy boats while operating 75 miles east of Kuwait City. Iranian personnel in the small boats appeared to be holding AK-47 rifles and at least one video camera. U.S. personnel on the cutter also report seeing a forward gun that was manned on one of the Iranian boats. Eventually, communications with a larger Iranian vessel in the area were established and the speed boats stopped their harassment.

While the U.S. Navy has had regular routine encounters with Iranian naval forces for years, the Navy has reported in recent weeks seeing more aggressive action from Iranian-flagged vessels which it believes carries the potential for miscalculation. Typically Iranian small boats are operated by forces of the Iranian Revolutionary Guard Corps force and are considered to be more aggressive than regular Iranian forces. No shots were fired in either incident.

Both incidents were videotaped and the Pentagon may release that video later Friday.

Word of the aggressive encounters by Iran comes as the US in recent weeks has twice rescued Iranian mariners at sea—one time a crew captured by pirates and another when a ship had mechanical problems.
[/url]

security.blogs.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 1/13/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

Sounds like their using 'ole relible'

Gulf of Tonkin Attack

Attack of innocent US boats minding their own business.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Gotta love the harassed part. It's similar to the burglar that slipped and sliced open his leg (I think?) on someone's property and sued the owner

+9 more 
posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   
The Iranian's behaviour was provocative? Who comes up with this ##SNIP##?

The Western media claims the same crap they did with Iraq, ie. that they're producing WMD. The US sends a carrier group of immense power to threaten the Iranians and they're the ones acting provocatively???
edit on Fri Jan 13 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: Mod Note: Do Not Evade the Automatic Censors – Please Review This Link.

+1 more 
posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

You mean those American piloted Iranian lookalike boats don't you?

Because thats what they have said time and again they could do. I dont believe a damn words from, CNN, Fox MSN, ABC or any other mainstream media propaganda prestitute mind control scumbag network.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Tw0Sides

Well I suspect Iran will fire this time unlike the alleged provocation by the vietnamese...but hey Obama is a peaceful president that's bringing the world together....odd way of doing it but he is literally bringing the world together...

+10 more 
posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ben81

Answer: Iran

Proof of US involvement in the assassination? Is there more evidence that the Saudi Ambassador assassination plot? Oh that's right, we are not into checking facts when accusing the US of anything.

this wasnt a suicidal mission
to make an incident

Attempting to piss off a US navy ship, with nothing more that a cigarette boat with machine guns, is suicide, and extremely STUPID!

The Iranian navy was testing its speed boats
before the coming confrontation

Great testing protocol.... Are Iranian soldiers naturally "slow" or are you trying to make them look that way?

"Things are getting out of control" Yes they are...Can we get this rolling already!!!

Red Dawn here we come!

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   
I wonder what kind of restraining order the US ships would need to keep the Iranian speed boats more than 500yards away.? and armed with Video cameras!! how dare they!

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheMindWar
reply to post by Ben81

You mean those American piloted Iranian lookalike boats don't you?

Because thats what they have said time and again they could do. I dont believe a damn words from, CNN, Fox MSN, ABC or any other mainstream media propaganda prestitute mind control scumbag network.

I had though about that to
the boast were they really iranians .. they showed restrain since the start
why would they start harrasing the big US warships
perfect reason to create this so needed war .. it made you think twice on this article

the chance of it being a lie .. are very high
if we look back to all the other lies that have killed so many people since 9/11
not the first lie ...

+7 more 
posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shermanator

Originally posted by Ben81

Answer: Iran

Proof of US involvement in the assassination? Is there more evidence that the Saudi Ambassador assassination plot? Oh that's right, we are not into checking facts when accusing the US of anything.

this wasnt a suicidal mission
to make an incident

Attempting to piss off a US navy ship, with nothing more that a cigarette boat with machine guns, is suicide, and extremely STUPID!

The Iranian navy was testing its speed boats
before the coming confrontation

Great testing protocol.... Are Iranian soldiers naturally "slow" or are you trying to make them look that way?

"Things are getting out of control" Yes they are...Can we get this rolling already!!!

Red Dawn here we come!

Lol lots of newly joined members chirping the MSM cries recently. I know you did not use the attemped "Saudi Ambassador assassination" as an example. You mean by the used car salesmen right? The story that has so many holes that the MSM stop speaking about less then a week or two after the story broke. You can't be serious.
edit on 13-1-2012 by Chewingonmushrooms because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-1-2012 by Chewingonmushrooms because: (no reason given)

+4 more 
posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Shouldn't it read, "Iran harassed by US boats"?

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Shermanator

Never mind what i have say

the boats were probably Israeli or american
its not logic indeed .. why would they provoque a war with 2 small boat that doesnt even attack ..
what is the point of this

This is where i started thinking .. that false flag op just like that happened so many time already

Until Iran confirm that they deployed those 2 ships
i will not trust this article

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Garfee
Shouldn't it read, "Iran harassed by US boats"?

Exactly

But its CNN and we know what kind of people own the channel.. rich to the teeth
they like to twist the news in their favor
CNN is a war machine that spread the idea of a conflict to the population
making any war legal with false propaganda all the time
that will brainwash anyone into a trap of lies

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   
So does anyone know if there were some waterskiiers behind these high-speed Iranian boats ?

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   
CNN just removed the news from the address URL posted

new address

security.blogs.cnn.com/2012/01/13/exclusive-u-s-harassed-by-iranian-ships/
edit on 13-1-2012 by xecoybh because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by YeshuaPiso

I hate to break it to you, but it isn't one sided. Ahmadinejad wants nothing more than to watch the world burn.

Is the Western world openly vilifying Iran? Yes.

Is Iran fighting fire with fire? Yes.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   
im glad people are starting to not listen to the US lies as much as they used to.

the US is trying to throw it's power around as it continues to lose grip of global power, they won't attack Iran, they can't do it, they are desperately trying to provoke Iran to make first move. If the US/Israel made the first move they know that Russia/China and the rest of the eastern elite will destroy them, the only way they can justify it is if Iran makes the first move.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by inivux

If the roles were switched, how do you think the United States would behave if Iran were being so agressive?

Iran is being no more hostile to the US ships as I would hope my own country's Navy would behave in a similar situation.

Iran can be as mental as it likes. It is a sovereign state. The United States is a bully with no bloody business being anywhere near Iran.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by inivux
reply to post by YeshuaPiso

I hate to break it to you, but it isn't one sided. Ahmadinejad wants nothing more than to watch the world burn.

Is the Western world openly vilifying Iran? Yes.

Is Iran fighting fire with fire? Yes.

I hate to break it to you but you know nothing about Ahmedinajad that you haven't been fed by the Western media.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join