It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EXCLUSIVE: U.S. harassed by Iranian boats

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by YeshuaPiso

President of a sovereign nation that won't let international central bankers bury them under debt?

Accepting national sovereignty, in turn, demands accepting of the principle that power resides in the nation, which means the totality of individual citizens, irrespective of race, religion, belief, gender, occupation, etc. This equality of all citizens before the laws is a necessary condition for the removal of any legal basis for inequality and discrimination.

In the Islamic Republic system of Iran however, national sovereignty does not exist. Instead, "sovereignty and divine laws" reside uniquely in God. Depriving a nation of its rights to sovereignty and making it "godly" means withdrawing a nation its right to self-determination. In this case, the branches of government derive their power not from the people, but from God.

DEMOCRACY AND NATIONAL SOVEREIGNTY IN ISLAMIC REPUBLIC

You are wrong sir.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   
It was Mossad agents on Spring Break. They were jus' havin' a lil' fun. Why so serious?

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1

President of a sovereign nation that won't let international central bankers bury them under debt?

Accepting national sovereignty, in turn, demands accepting of the principle that power resides in the nation, which means the totality of individual citizens, irrespective of race, religion, belief, gender, occupation, etc. This equality of all citizens before the laws is a necessary condition for the removal of any legal basis for inequality and discrimination.

In the Islamic Republic system of Iran however, national sovereignty does not exist. Instead, "sovereignty and divine laws" reside uniquely in God. Depriving a nation of its rights to sovereignty and making it "godly" means withdrawing a nation its right to self-determination. In this case, the branches of government derive their power not from the people, but from God.

DEMOCRACY AND NATIONAL SOVEREIGNTY IN ISLAMIC REPUBLIC

You are wrong sir.

It's irrelevant whether Iran's sovereignity is given by god or not, the JEWSA never respected any, it only respects brute force.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Brasov

Its only irrelevant,when FACTS are brought up......

Figures.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   

reply to post by Brasov

Yeah we know about U.S. "facts", WMDs in Iraq and such... leading to the mass murder of 1,500,000 civilians since 2003.

Look, you better get used to the fact that the civilized world wants to get rid of your war mongering just as badly as it wanted to get rid of the nazi's, or probably a lot more.

The World might have no choice but to NUKE you, ever thought of that?
edit on 13-1-2012 by Brasov because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   
It sounds like another gulf of tonkin playing out...........

Iran and syria has it coming because they have a big mouth towards america and israel and because they are dictators. One is a sunni dictator and the other is a shiite dictator. Of course israel and palestine are ruled by religious fanatics as well. America is famous for puritanism.

Albert Pike predicted world war 3 as follows:

"The Third World War must be fomented by taking advantage of the differences caused by the "agentur" of the "Illuminati" between the political Zionists and the leaders of Islamic World. The war must be conducted in such a way that Islam (the Moslem Arabic World) and political Zionism (the State of Israel) mutually destroy each other. Meanwhile the other nations, once more divided on this issue will be constrained to fight to the point of complete physical, moral, spiritual and economical exhaustion…We shall unleash the Nihilists and the atheists, and we shall provoke a formidable social cataclysm which in all its horror will show clearly to the nations the effect of absolute atheism, origin of savagery and of the most bloody turmoil. Then everywhere, the citizens, obliged to defend themselves against the world minority of revolutionaries, will exterminate those destroyers of civilization, and the multitude, disillusioned with Christianity, whose deistic spirits will from that moment be without compass or direction, anxious for an ideal, but without knowing where to render its adoration, will receive the true light through the universal manifestation of the pure doctrine of Lucifer, brought finally out in the public view. This manifestation will result from the general reactionary movement which will follow the destruction of Christianity and atheism, both conquered and exterminated at the same time." 4

www.threeworldwars.com...]
edit on 1/13/2012 by EarthCitizen07 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ben81

On the same day, the U.S. Coast Guard cutter Adak was also harassed by high-speed Iranian Navy boats while operating 75 miles east of Kuwait City. Iranian personnel in the small boats appeared to be holding AK-47 rifles and at least one video camera, the official said. U.S. personnel on the cutter also reported seeing a forward gun that was manned on one of the Iranian boats, according to the official. Eventually, communications with a larger Iranian vessel in the area were established and the speed boats stopped their harassment.

US Coast Guard

they must really be short of ships to use the coast guards
there is something wrong with the picture
it doesnt belong in the ME

What is the meaning of bringing them there .. ?

I'm glad somebody else spotted that, I was running with the assumption that it must be a massive typo or I was going mad.....I guess the coast guard is now tasked with guarding any coast the Navy happens to be anchored off? its a handy role.

why is it scary to have them holding AK-47s? you mean armed sailors defended sovereign waters? how dare they? and a video camera?!?!? thats practically a WMD!?!?! (or maybe they were just filming some blatant abuse of power by an authority who's job it is to guard the coast of the US, not hang out in the middle east)
edit on 13/1/2012 by TreehouseIndustries because: additional information was forthcoming

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by EarthCitizen07

Iran and syria has it coming because they have a big mouth towards america and israel and because they are dictators.

What a crock... all counties are ruled by dictators, no one is better that the rest. Iranians vote just lile USAns do, only they get a lot more variety of choices. In the end, whatever peole vote, an unelected corporate/bankster governent controls the U.S.A. and a religous/patriotic clan controsl Iran. I side with the clan, it's more humane.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Brasov

reply to post by Brasov

Yeah we know about U.S. "facts", WMDs in Iraq and such... leading to the mass murder of 1,500,000 civilians since 2003.

Look, you better get used to the fact that the civilized world wants to get rid of your war mongering just as badly as it wanted to get rid of the nazi's, or probably a lot more.

I suppose Putin and his secret Golden gun works wonders too...........

Seriously,
I hear nothing but Anti-American bashing.
Second,I despise war.
Third,if you want Nuclear War,then your picking the WRONG country to have one with.
Your hate runs deep,and that's to be expected,sitting behind a computer,and wishing destruction on innocent people.(Or do you think ALL Americans are Neo-Cons?)

Good to know hate is thriving on ATS.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   

reply to post by Brasov

You make it sound as though americans are in charge of america. The global bankers are in charge, just like they bought your mother russia with gorbachev at the helm. China got sold out as well. The rothscilds care only about money and control.

Mainstream religion is only for idiots who are incapable of thinking for themselves and that is why few people realise religion is actually the worship of aliens: good, bad and neutral. Read the krill papers to get a clue folks....

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Iran and syria has it coming because they have a big mouth towards america and israel and because they are dictators.

What a crock... all counties are ruled by dictators, no one is better that the rest. Iranians vote just lile USAns do, only they get a lot more variety of choices. In the end, whatever peole vote, an unelected corporate/bankster governent controls the U.S.A. and a religous/patriotic clan controsl Iran. I side with the clan, it's more humane.

Maybe you never turn on the tv to see what cheated-in-the-elections ahjmenidad says about israel and america.

Israel cares about its national security...nothing more and nothing less.

And please don't play the russia card as russians don't like islamic extremists either. Maybe you should learn about chechnya, ussr invasion of afghanistan and muslim terrorist attacks in moscow. Russia fights "terrorists" on one hand and then supplies terrorist dictators with weapons on the other hand.

"Pot calling the kettle black!"

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   

You make it sound as though americans are in charge of america.

Why aren't the people in charge? are you expecting a "humanitarian" invasion by the Chinese and to bombed into freedom?

The whole world saw 100's of 1,000's of USAns on TV waving flags and asking their ELECTED governent to bomb countries in revenge for 9-11. So cut the crap, in a democratic country the people is responsible for the actions of the governemnt they choose. Tha makes all USAns internatinoal pirates and criminals of war.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Agence France-Presse - US says Iran navy harassed US ships in the Gulf

news.yahoo.com/us-says-iran-navy-harassed-us-ships-gulf-231627422.html

Iranian Navy speed boats harassed US naval vessels in two recent incidents in the Strait of Hormuz, a senior US defense official said, confirming a CNN report.

(...)

"I can confirm there was some harassment," a senior official told AFP.

(...)

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by woogleuk
This is a very serious threat that the US Navy faces, I shall attempt to show in this professionally drawn picture I have just knocked up whilst eating my dinner:

People just don't realise the dangers.

edit on 13/1/12 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

Tell that to the USS Cole.

www.al-bab.com...

ETA: took out the mean part.
edit on 13-1-2012 by Corruption Exposed because: edited for niceness

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   
This normally would not be newsworthy if it wasn't for all the trumping up of rumors of wars and chest thumping from both sides. I'm sure incidents like these happen a lot as Iran wants to get a peek of what is out there in the strait so they get close and then they speed off to report back what they saw, or to see exactly how much they can get away with. A foolish and dangerous game of cat and mouse if you ask me.

Here's a video such an encounter in 2008

For those that cannot watch. Five Iranian fast boats, I assume from the Republican Guard, get close to two US warships (I think one is an Aegis Ticonderoga Cruiser). One of the US ships sounds its horn and radios to the fast boats that they are too close for comfort. Someone that sounded like a kid playing a prank over the radio says, "I am coming to you" The US ship, supposedly, responds saying that the ships need to establish communication and change course or be fired upon. That is followed by "You will explode after 2 minutes."

In all honesty, I think that last part was edited into the video after the fact to warrant more views, but hey you never know.

If you search youtube and the web, you'll find plenty of incidents such as these.
edit on 13-1-2012 by majesticgent because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Equ1nox

Originally posted by inivux

Originally posted by inivux
reply to post by YeshuaPiso

I hate to break it to you, but it isn't one sided. Ahmadinejad wants nothing more than to watch the world burn.

Is the Western world openly vilifying Iran? Yes.

Is Iran fighting fire with fire? Yes.

I hate to break it to you but you know nothing about Ahmedinajad that you haven't been fed by the Western media.
It is not one sided. End of argument.

wow what an amazing reply, with such an amazing argument i guess everyone will have to agree with you now. What if i say it is one sided, end of argument, what would be your amazing response to that?

If Iran wants nothing more than to watch the world burn how come they haven't invaded anyone for hundreds of years? How many countries have the US invaded in the last 10 years?
edit on 13-1-2012 by Equ1nox because: (no reason given)

Here is a list of countries America has bombed in last 70 years or so, I might have missed some out....

The bombing list
Korea and China 1950-53 (Korean War)

Guatemala 1954

Indonesia 1958

Cuba 1959-1961

Guatemala 1960

Congo 1964

Laos 1964-73

Vietnam 1961-73

Cambodia 1969-70

Guatemala 1967-69

Grenada 1983

Lebanon 1983, 1984 (both Lebanese and Syrian targets)

Libya 1986

El Salvador 1980s

Nicaragua 1980s

Iran 1987

Panama 1989

Iraq 1991 (Persian Gulf War)

Kuwait 1991

Somalia 1993

Bosnia 1994, 1995

Sudan 1998

Afghanistan 1998

Yugoslavia 1999

Yemen 2002

Iraq 1991-2003 (US/UK on regular basis)

Iraq 2003-05

Afghanistan 2001-05

edit on 13-1-2012 by scotsdavy1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   
To further re-iterate that this was a "normal" encounter.

Last week's close encounter between U.S. ships and Iranian speed boats in the Strait of Hormuz was considered "routine" and a "very common occurence" especially for ships transiting the strait, a senior defense official and a U.S. military official tell NBC News.

The officials called the encounters "predictable behavior that has been going on for years."
U.S. Navy officials said the communications were "professional," and the U.S. ships were not forced to increase their security or threat levels.
U.S. officials denied a report that Iranian boats "harassed" the U.S. ships or displayed hostile intent.

Entire Article - MSNBC

CNN and various news outlets seem to want the war to boost their viewing and make a dollar; never mind all those who would lose their lives fighting for???

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   
whooops math fail

edit on 13-1-2012 by Corruption Exposed because: lol nm

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpaceJockey1
Methinks that some sort of limpid type mine will soon be placed on the hull of one of the US ships, by the Mossad or CIA, and detonated to do some damage, but hopefully with no loss of life!

This will be the false flag event to justify taking military action against Iran.

Just throwing it out there...

My thoughts exactly!

/*waits

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

Just remember how the media reported that N Vietnam attacked us in the Gulf of Tonkin, and it was a big fat freak'n lie!

From the New York Times

Still, the transcripts show the outrage the senators were expressing behind closed doors. “In a democracy you cannot expect the people, whose sons are being killed and who will be killed, to exercise their judgment if the truth is concealed from them,” Senator Frank Church, Democrat of Idaho, said in an executive session in February 1968.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join