It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EXCLUSIVE: U.S. harassed by Iranian boats

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Message to the U.S. government from a concerned U.S. citizen: GET THE F*** OUT OF THE MIDDLE EAST!!!!

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by YeshuaPiso
WASHINGTON — The latest round of American sanctions are aimed at shutting down Iran’s central bank, a senior U.S. official said Thursday, spelling out that intention directly for the first time. “We do need to close down the Central Bank of Iran (CBI),” the official told reporters on condition of anonymity, while adding that the United States is moving quickly to implement the sanctions, signed into law last month. The sanctions, broadly aimed at forcing Tehran to shift course on its nuclear program, targeted Iran’s crucial oil sector and required foreign firms to make a choice between doing business with Iran or the United States. Foreign central banks that deal with the Iranian central bank on oil transactions could also face similar restrictions under the new law, which has sparked fears of damage to U.S. ties with nations like Russia and China.

This is all you need to know about what's happening with regard to Iran. Surprising that someone is prepared to admit it.

Translation: Those people won't join in with our IMF-World Bank-Federal Reserve-Bank of England control system that allows us to dominate every country and use their economy for our own selfish purposes. Therefore, they will be punished.

Just so you're aware, the Central Bank of Iran is one of the few central banks in the world that issues debt free currency.
edit on 14-1-2012 by YeshuaPiso because: (no reason given)

You deserve more stars and attention on this post, so I'm quoting it.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

Israel did that dead scientist thing. And I personally see nothing wrong with private interventionism. Beats military interventionism 100%

Iran has to play the game if they want to be their precious regional leader. They decided to leave their borders and play with the big boys. If they can't handle it, they should leave.

Who's harassing who? Iran elected war hawks. Israel elected war hawks. They deserve each other. No one is innocent amongst their leaders and drivers.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by inivux
reply to post by YeshuaPiso

I hate to break it to you, but it isn't one sided. Ahmadinejad wants nothing more than to watch the world burn.

Is the Western world openly vilifying Iran? Yes.

Is Iran fighting fire with fire? Yes.

I hate to break it to you but you know nothing about Ahmedinajad that you haven't been fed by the Western media.

I hate to break it to you but the Western Media is only a mouth piece for the international news service. Controlled by the Rothchild family. Rueters and the Associated press water down the content to just 2%, then we get a couple versions of it so it appears there is two sided reporting!

Source: there are plenty of them but here is one.
rense.com...

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   
This thread should be renamed "Come bash America". If the navy reports about the speedboats, they are lying. If they don't report it, then they are asked why they didn't say anything before about it when something does come of it. The SOH is an international shipping lane. The US has as much right to be there as anyone on the planet. They have allies in the area, they have the 5th fleet base in the area. I'm assuming ships from the 5th fleet patrol the Somalia coast from there helping protect all ships from every country on the planet. Obama didn't start this mess, Bush did. You want to tell me how great and wonderful Iran is, explain to me how they can allow their supreme ayatollah to send their wives and children out to clear mine fields and stone or hang a woman for having sex. What do you think would happen if you pis sed on a Koran in Tehran square? You think you would live to tell about it?

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by thehal

Noody here has said they hate America. If they have, they should be ignored as they are certainly a Minority.

Most have said get they no longer believe the media machines and that they believe the USA ought to move their Navy out of the middle East and go home.

However, if America gets 'bashed' in a thread such as this, I would imagine it's because of all the mental, religious, war mongers which support their absolutely insane and power crazy yet bankrupt government.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   
This is really getting unsettling, it really feels like the same bull# propaganda that lead to the Iraq invasion. Seems like every few days or weeks there some new breaking story trying to make it out like Iran is some pure evil dangerous nation who is provoking poor ole peaceful USA (who invaded 2 countries in the last 10 years as compared to Iran's... none. lol) for no reason. Meanwhile it was just a routine encounter that's is pretty typical and with no violence, what a laugh. We send spies at them, fly drones over their country, possibly play a roll in assassinating their scientists, and then try to make THEM out to be the bad guys. How do we get away with this #?

Imagine Iran got caught with a spy plane over the US and were even suspected of assassinating someone in the US govt and Iranian boats were patrolling 50 miles off the coast of Florida. All the brainwashed warhawk "patriots" here would be screaming for us to destroy Iran immediately and I'm sure we'd invade them within weeks yet we do it to them and it's perfectly fine? Our govt and media are pathetically hypocrtical, we can do things but any other country who does the same things we'd label as an "axis of evil" and destroy them. Bleh, tired of this propaganda.

The world needs peace. Even if Iran wants nukes to protect themselves like everyone else has, more power to em I say, who are we to tell any nation they can't protect themselves when we are the ONLY nation to ever actually drop nukes on innocent civilians... If anything, we're the only nation who has shown we are dangerous and irresponsible with nukes in our hands. But of course, the victors write the history books, so it's fine for us to nuke innocent civilians but not for other countries to even try to get nukes like everyone else for defensive purposes (Mutual Assured Destruction is probably the only thing that has kept meddling countries like us safe for nearly 100 years).
edit on 14-1-2012 by darkest4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sharpenmycleats

Originally posted by inivux
reply to post by YeshuaPiso

I hate to break it to you, but it isn't one sided. Ahmadinejad wants nothing more than to watch the world burn.

Is the Western world openly vilifying Iran? Yes.

Is Iran fighting fire with fire? Yes.

I hate to break it to you but you know nothing about Ahmedinajad that you haven't been fed by the Western media.

I hate to break it to you but the Western Media is only a mouth piece for the international news service. Controlled by the Rothchild family. Rueters and the Associated press water down the content to just 2%, then we get a couple versions of it so it appears there is two sided reporting!

Source: there are plenty of them but here is one.
rense.com...

I think you'll find that's my point....

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by thehal
This thread should be renamed "Come bash America". If the navy reports about the speedboats, they are lying. If they don't report it, then they are asked why they didn't say anything before about it when something does come of it. The SOH is an international shipping lane. The US has as much right to be there as anyone on the planet. They have allies in the area, they have the 5th fleet base in the area. I'm assuming ships from the 5th fleet patrol the Somalia coast from there helping protect all ships from every country on the planet. Obama didn't start this mess, Bush did. You want to tell me how great and wonderful Iran is, explain to me how they can allow their supreme ayatollah to send their wives and children out to clear mine fields and stone or hang a woman for having sex. What do you think would happen if you pis sed on a Koran in Tehran square? You think you would live to tell about it?

Star from me.

I had to dig up an old thread I made to rant a little myself after reading this thread.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Feel free to stop by and speak your mind.......

You will feel better

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dystopiaphiliac
Message to the U.S. government from a concerned U.S. citizen: GET THE F*** OUT OF THE MIDDLE EAST!!!!

Uh, you do know about something called, "Freedom of the Seas", right? It's only something that President Hoover pushed for after World War One.

Sorry, Ace, but the Straits are an international waterway. Iran doesn't have any right to close them.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by signal2noise

So it's up to America to save the day?

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Why didn't the OP also add the US Drone "being harassed by Iraqi air space?"

We've only got military activity on 4 of their borders, flyovers, and boats pushing into disputed waters. The Iraqis should just relax until such a time as the military might of a country that has had top level politicians joke about "nuking them", get's in a great position to pound them into the stone age with minimal expense.

/s

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 03:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ben81

A senior U.S. military official confirms the following to CNN:

On the same day the U.S. Coast Guard cutter Adak was also harassed by high-speed Iranian Navy boats while operating 75 miles east of Kuwait City. Iranian personnel in the small boats appeared to be holding AK-47 rifles and at least one video camera. U.S. personnel on the cutter also report seeing a forward gun that was manned on one of the Iranian boats. Eventually, communications with a larger Iranian vessel in the area were established and the speed boats stopped their harassment.

What is the US COAST Guard doing in the Persian Gulf? If Iranian patrol boats were near US coasts, the US would scream bloody murder. So anyway, what is protecting the US coastlines?

edit on 15-1-2012 by FoosM because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 04:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed
reply to post by OptimusSubprime

A speed boat running at an aircraft carrier is like a 4th grader taking on Kobe Bryant in a game of basketball.

Tell that to the USS Cole. I swear some of you have a very selective memory.

en.wikipedia.org...

Was'nt Al Qaeda blamed for the attack on the USS Cole??
Then, when John O'Neill was sent to Yemen to investigate, he did'nt receive ANY help from Barabara Bodine, US ambassador to Yemen, complaining frequently about security, in fact they did what they could to hinder his investigation.

The point being the "little speed boats" used to attack the Cole where probably designed and rigged up by intelligence operatives, and the "suicide" bombers told exactly where to strike to achieve maximum damage and effect on impact.

Who knows what damage one can do during an attack that is'nt kamikaze based.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by thehal

What do you think would happen if you pissed on a Koran in Tehran square?

Are they doing anything in America? What was your point behind this sentence?

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by FoosM

Originally posted by Ben81

A senior U.S. military official confirms the following to CNN:

On the same day the U.S. Coast Guard cutter Adak was also harassed by high-speed Iranian Navy boats while operating 75 miles east of Kuwait City. Iranian personnel in the small boats appeared to be holding AK-47 rifles and at least one video camera. U.S. personnel on the cutter also report seeing a forward gun that was manned on one of the Iranian boats. Eventually, communications with a larger Iranian vessel in the area were established and the speed boats stopped their harassment.

What is the US COAST Guard doing in the Persian Gulf? If Iranian patrol boats were near US coasts, the US would scream bloody murder. So anyway, what is protecting the US coastlines?

edit on 15-1-2012 by FoosM because: (no reason given)

Untill the 1980s ships of the US Coast Guard were under the command of the Treasury Department except in times of war, then they were under command of the US Navy and its command structure. This changed in the early 1990s in part to make greater use of a shrinking number of ships, as a lot of destroyer-frigate class ships were old and way past their expiration date. Being assigned to the "Coast Guard" or "Navy" is really more about semantics.

A rough comparison (very loosely) can be made with Canada and it's combined forces military. Canada, has no separate "navy, army or air force" though they certainly have that kind of capability and equipment. They just don't have separate organizations for each. It's just the CAF, or Canadian Armed Forces. It's a combined service and given the size of Canada's total military it's controlled all under one command service. For them it's also very efficient, and highly cost effective. Duplication of support services in each military branch unless huge like the US, is quite wasteful of scarce resources. Very smart for Canada, and its tax paying citizens. The US Navy and Coast Guard now combine forces in most situations for just the same reason. It saves money.

Nothing more complicated, or conspiratorial then that.
edit on 15/1/12 by arbiture because: correct spelling

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Garfee
reply to post by signal2noise

So it's up to America to save the day?

No, but any nation has a right to use international waters. And numerous nations have stated they will work together or independently to allow safe passage and use of same, including rendering assistance to ships attacked by pirates or may be in the uncomfortable position of sinking. Sound familiar? Rendering help to a ship regardless of national origin keeps sea lane lanes open and people from dying. Ships of any nation are expected to provide assistance to other ships regardless of who they are in international waters if they request it, and are able to provide it.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

The USS Cole IS NOT an aircraft carrier. An aircraft carrier is only about 25 times bigger and weighs 100,000 tons. It would take every speed boat they have loaded with explosives, and that might not even do it

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join