It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jobless Claims Back Up to 400,000 - Time to blame Bush again?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by peck420

If we - fix - Mexico the illegal aliens would return home voluntarily.

It would also be a win-win. Right now they are being exploited. They deserve better
than that.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012

The fastest fix would be an amendment to NAFTA that would allow citizens of all 3 countries to work freely within the NAFTA economic zone.

But, that is far too simple and does not benefit big business, so is largely off the table.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012
Obama is not blaming Bush because James Carville told him it isn't working.
People do what works.

Whatever you say. You have no clue what you are talking about. You are just making up whatever you like. Do not try to pretend that what you imagine = facts.

---
Obamas supporters are forced to keep throwing the - inherited - word out there over and over
because the economy is a disaster.

So that did not happen? Geoge Bush left the country in great shape? If I total your car, how long after I total it can you no longer blame me for having totaled it? 2 years? 3 years? When does the blame just go away?

In the meantime, why are you guys still blaming Obama for Bush's TARP? Right, call me out. Sure.

Their argument is that yes the economy is a disaster and Obama didn't fix it.

But he was handed such a mess from President George W. Bush nobody could fix it.
Don't you watch the Sunday talk shows???

Really? You started this post by saying Obama is not blaming Bush but now you are back to the lie that he is? Make up your mind and decide which actual reality you live in. It might be nice if it turns out to be mine but I doubt it.
No one is making the argument that no one could fix it. You made that up too.

Have you noticed Chris Matthews has already turned on Obama?

I had not noticed Chris Matthews much of anything. Is that something I should care about?

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Littikani

Yes! Chris Matthews was the guy with a chill up his leg every time Obama spoke.

Obamas situation is hopeless. The time has come to speed dial Hillary Clinton.

Bill Clinton wants to be the first dude.

------------
Jobless claims will be above 400,000 for the rest of the year.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   
I really don't understand why the White House or the media even bother to claim "jobs are up" or "claims are down" etc. Everyone knows that the government doesn't count (or even speculate) on those who stop filing or give up looking for work. Run out of unemployment? Well you disappear, citizen.

This is common knowledge amongst even the most ill-informed people. Why do they even bother, and who believes it for that matter?

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by SyphonX

They use the jobless claims number to show the trend. Better / Worse

Under Obama the economy is of course getting worse.

The retailers just laid off all of the Christmas Season temps.

By February 2012 the unemployment rate should be back over 9%.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by usernameconspiracy

This is spoken like a true employee.

As a business owner who employs 47 people full-time, I laugh at your assertion. (Actually cry)

First, most jobs are created and maintained by the small business, not large corporations.

So let's look at your 3 scenarios.

1) We as the business owners can raise prices.

Absolutely. And in today's market, there is a good chance that would price us out of the market.

2) Cut costs.

The number one expense in a business is it's labor force.

3) Bite the bullet

This is the one that scares me the most. First off, who are you to tell me what my time, energy, and sacrifice is worth? Did you take the risk?

The sad reality is that most small businesses run on such a small profit margin that biting the bullet means going out of business. And in my case that would mean 47 people out of work. Or I could cut 2-5 employees, and save the other 42 jobs.

That's ok, though, keep going to work for someone else and then complaining about the fact that you have a job that someone else had the guts and vision to give you.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by tlshark

I can think of a another choice. Grow the business by acquiring one of your competitors.

You live in a great state. Texas growing better than the rest of the nation.

I'm guessing you don't have the unions dragging you down.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Do you have any solutions?

Why has Obama been giving +1 million FOREIGNERS new US Citizenship every year?

If they weren't here, there would be jobs.

Colin Powell was on Live national TV saying he uses his military retirement check you pay him, and he uses it to hire illegals to work on his house. Admitted to a Felony, live tv.

Hold a trial. Put him in jail. Revoke his military retirement check.

Send a message. Support AMERICA or else.

Unless we're going to annex Mexico into the Union.....what the rich people like Colin Powell are doing is bad.

We have illegal immigrants getting jobs inside US military bases. I'd start trials and revoking many Officers retirements and employ some Federal Prison workers to house them for a few years.

But its not going to happen. Our military isn't on America's side anymore. They're taking their marching orders from Jerusalem and are going to create Zion and put them in charge of the world. Pretty sad when our own military isn't hiring Americans anymore.

I heard they gave the former Soviet Territory Georgia the US Civil Service jobs in Iraq making big bucks. All part of that plan to get them our friends so Russia can be toppled to put Israel in charge. Correct?

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pervius

Do you have any solutions?

Why has Obama been giving +1 million FOREIGNERS new US Citizenship every year?

If they weren't here, there would be jobs.

Colin Powell was on Live national TV saying he uses his military retirement check you pay him, and he uses it to hire illegals to work on his house. Admitted to a Felony, live tv.

Hold a trial. Put him in jail. Revoke his military retirement check.

Send a message. Support AMERICA or else.

Unless we're going to annex Mexico into the Union.....what the rich people like Colin Powell are doing is bad.

We have illegal immigrants getting jobs inside US military bases. I'd start trials and revoking many Officers retirements and employ some Federal Prison workers to house them for a few years.

But its not going to happen. Our military isn't on America's side anymore. They're taking their marching orders from Jerusalem and are going to create Zion and put them in charge of the world. Pretty sad when our own military isn't hiring Americans anymore.

I heard they gave the former Soviet Territory Georgia the US Civil Service jobs in Iraq making big bucks. All part of that plan to get them our friends so Russia can be toppled to put Israel in charge. Correct?

General Powell pays illegal aliens to cut his grass. So what?
It's called having a sanctuary city. There are millions of illegal aliens here in the USA.

Some are going back to Mexico because the economy is so bad in the USA.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 04:19 AM
link   

Yes! Chris Matthews was the guy with a chill up his leg every time Obama spoke.

Um...ok. Is this a friend of yours? I am really not sure what your friend Chris and his tingles have to do with anything. I thought I was asking why I should care but whatever.

Obamas situation is hopeless. The time has come to speed dial Hillary Clinton.

Bill Clinton wants to be the first dude.

------------
Jobless claims will be above 400,000 for the rest of the year.

OK.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   

You don't know who Chris Matthews is???

----------
MSNBC dem hack

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by tlshark

I hope you didn't miss the part where I specifically indicated that I was referring to corporations and not small business. I do disagree with your assertion that small business employs more people than corporate employers. Perhaps it's a regional difference?

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by usernameconspiracy

The new job report came out today.

Surprise! Last weeks job report was - revised - to 402,000 !

The White House gang manipulated the number last week and put it at 399,000
to keep it under the psychological 400,000 barrier.

edit on 19-1-2012 by Eurisko2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   

reply to post by St Udio

The job number manipulation is being done at the White House.

They are not counting people who have given up and dropped out of the workforce.
Would this perhaps be something new, to this WH, or has the manipulation been going on for years upon years? My guess is that the WH does not come up with the numbers, they just report them.

That aside, I believe that in making Obama a "one term President" should have been grounds for removing from office, anyone that uttered those words in Public. If the American people paid attention, they could plainly see the obstructionism going on.

The republicans will pay next Nov, if Americans paid any attention at all, and if Democrats in charge, were smart (questionable like every politician) they would make McConnells remarks required viewing in every commercial this fall. Anyone with more than a few active brain cells knew what Republicans were going to do, the country be-damned.

Most Americans pay less than zero percent attention to politics until the very few weeks before elections. Republicans should have gone along with everything Obama wanted, that way if nothing good came of it, Democrats wouldn't see power again for decades. What better way to run the country into the ground further, than have complete control for decades?

Edit: There was mention of tort reform in this thread. Great, that 0.5 percent savings will do wonders for everyone's pocketbook. Better would be fixing medicare fraud. Doctors billing for services not rendered is a huge problem. Also, how about being able to negotiate drug prices? That saves tens of if not hundreds of billions too.
edit on 1/23/2012 by saturnsrings because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join