It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Attacks Cop Attempting Arrest of Other Suspect

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 01:01 AM
link   
As a side note, because I think we are misreading each other.

If you are having issues with people being beat while in handcuffs, then yes, its a problem and I agree with you. If you are pointing something else out, hopefully I answered / responded in the wall of text above.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 06:15 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

Wow I'm suprised the cops didn't shoot and kill him.
edit on 12-1-2012 by Evanzsayz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Yuh, okay. Where did the cop punch and kick the guy in the video, I didn't see it, he was trying to put cuffs on him and the guy was obviously resisting. No excuse for that other guy to push the cop. Hope he got arrested too. Moron. I saw absolutely no brutality from those officers.

edit on 12-1-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra
What was the guy being arrested for?
What occurred before the guy started recording the video?
Why are there 2 officers present?
Why was the guy on the ground resisting?

Before congratulating the moronic jackass who attacked the cops, it might be worthwhile to get ALL the info first. The moron is lucky he was only charged with assault.

just saying

It does not excuse abuse of power!

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   
this was truly a wonderful video, makes me get a warm fuzzy in my heart. Did you all see how coward #2 reaches for his gun right away. Now, if all citizens would stand up and do this to all the thug cops who abuse people, the cops would not be so quick to hurt someone while looking over their shoulder constantly. I hope people start to realize that this man is a shining example of how all of us should be reacting to police violence..
Oh, and BTW, I 100% support this video.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by lacrimosa

Good Samaritan!

or an idiot, depends on your IQ i guess.

or a good samaritan, it has nothing to do with IQ. there should be more people standing up to police like this. how long do we have to stand by and see police abusing and beating people without some type of recourse? this man has courage, courage to stand up for someone being abused, courage to stand up for what is right, courage to face an enemy knowing he will not come out on top, courage to be the first stand out from the crowd to help. Ya, what an idiot for being a courageous, good samaritan.............
its really tough trying to explain this to some people depending on their IQ ya know

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Manhater
Yuh, okay. Where did the cop punch and kick the guy in the video, I didn't see it, he was trying to put cuffs on him and the guy was obviously resisting. No excuse for that other guy to push the cop. Hope he got arrested too. Moron. I saw absolutely no brutality from those officers.

edit on 12-1-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

but then again we didnt see what happened leading up to this either in all fairness. this guy could be totally justified in what he did. and with all the videos floating around of police abuse, I just have an inkling that this is just another case of police brutality, and someone had just had enough of watching it. Anyways, this is just showing the difference between sheeple, and men of action........

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra
What was the guy being arrested for?
What occurred before the guy started recording the video?
Why are there 2 officers present?
Why was the guy on the ground resisting?

Before congratulating the moronic jackass who attacked the cops, it might be worthwhile to get ALL the info first. The moron is lucky he was only charged with assault.

just saying

so being a hypocrite is okay then? so your saying it's okay to call him a moronic jackass with out getting ALL the info first? go back to the drawing board and try again please.........

btw: there are always two officers present during an arrest, unless it is extenuating circumstances.
edit on 12/1/12 by gunshooter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   
If we are to find some sort of cohesion as a people, we need to make sacrifices.

"the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few".spok. lol

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1
reply to post by Xcathdra

Yup, there you go knee jerk folks. The guy punching the cop must be good and the police had to be arresting someone for no reason.

isnt that the way this crazy world works most of the time though?

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by gunshooter

Yup, there you go knee jerk folks. The guy punching the cop must be good and the police had to be arresting someone for no reason.

isnt that the way this crazy world works most of the time though?

Have you entertained the idea that this knee jerk reaction, that's so common, is part of why we have so many problems?

Before I start, I'd like to say that I respect your right to an opinion, but I strongly disagree with the one you have.

A lot of these "knee jerk" people get so mad when the police have to upgrade technology and get what you call "militarized" and you don't even look to see why they had to do it. Sure, there's a pronounced difference between the average cop of today vs back when they first got started. There's a difference because the threats they face have changed. In the beginning the police dealt primarily with drunks and fights, and stuff that's routinely handled today. Except now there's a bigger problem; we've got people who think the police are out to get them for some reason. We've got people who are crazy dead set on killing a cop just because they're a cop. Welcome to the force continuum, where the police have to improve their tools because the criminals improve their tools.

The problem isn't the police, it's the citizens the police are supposed to protect. It's amazing how these brave people put their lives on the line every day to protect the very same people that hate them and want to see them dead because they may have to use force sometimes to subdue a suspect. People like you, who applaud senseless violence on a cop because of some short video clip that doesn't even tell half the story.

Personally, there are times I think our criminal justice system should be like it was in the ancient civilizations. A brutal, swift, and certain punishment for even the simplest of crimes. Thankfully though, it's not. Our criminal justice system (however many problems it may have) is one of the best in the world. At least here it's not common practice for a cop or guard to take a blade and slice your eyes out over stealing something. If we didn't have morons who insist on doing stuff that we consider crime, then we wouldn't need the police. Unfortunately people like to speed, steal, rape, and kill; therefore, we have a police force. Without them, I'd be willing to say that society couldn't exist as it does today. I'd be thankful we have the kind of law enforcement we do have. Sure, it'd be nice to not have to even think about the possibility that you'd get beat up during an arrest, but at least it's not like some other countries where you'd just get straight up shot.

Consider for a moment the law enforcement practices and the criminal justice system that we have, then consider what we're thankful we don't have. Then think about how extreme and violent reactions like you're expressing lead to a shift from what we do have, to more of what we don't want. That's what will happen, and hey if you want a more militarized and forceful police go right ahead and challenge what we have now.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Yea the guy that cut in was wrong....

Personally I would of gone with a rear naked choke using the officer as a meatshield

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   
would of been something if everyone attacked the police and no one got caught lol

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   
the news and or police department say the guy who punched the cop was drunk, and was totally in the wrong, probably because they don't want something like this to go viral or out of hand with other people getting the idea that they have the power to stand up to cops.

i would say, given their record, as they would say about us, the police and media are lying.

i hope more people stand up against what they think is wrong all over.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   
I still don't get it.

What do you think that is supposed to happen here?

Explain to me in detail exactly what it is that you think is supposed to happen here.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   

reply to post by BeforeTooLong

The police were assaulting someone and using more force then necessary which is illegal so he had the right to do something.

It's not illegal to kick or punch someone when putting them in custody when they are resisting. Hell they're allowed to do it with batons if someone won't give up their arms to be handcuffed. And as always I highly doubt you have the full story. Neither do I. I would reserve judgment until we actually know all the details. I sometimes wonder if people don't just spew anti cop nonsense in some desperate attempt to get stars.

You ever been handcuffed? I have. Once those cuffs go on you, you are defenseless and the resistance has ended. You, are subdued unless youre a super bad ass ninja that can kick ass while youre lying on the ground with your hands chained behind your back and fighting 2v1 against cops that have tasers, nightsticks, pistols and pepper spray. Not to mention their fists and feet as they kick the sh*t out of you.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

A similar thing happened to me in 2010 I shared a taxi with another group of people coming home from a bar in harrisburg pennsylvania. the first group had there stop first in penbrook where as they were getting out and the one guy was paying his buddy was standing by and out of no where i hear him scream and a big guy dove tackled him into the street me being a marine I jumped out of the taxi to assist I saw the gun I thought this guy was getting mugged or worse. I heard the guy scream and yell gun and I never even heard the guy yell police or freeze or anything I didnt know what to think when i ran over there the guy was wrestling with him i got there to jack him in the face with a doc martin and he then yelled cop I still didnt see a badge in a split second I reconsidered and tried to called dispatch with my phone and the next thing you know I was jacked on the ground and also arrested. It was all over the other guy apparently pissed in a bush and 2 plain clothes saw him I got arrested for disorderly conduct and recklessly endangering the public I was detained in a closet in full body shackles and threatened to be elecrtocuted and beat with a light. I was interrogated from everything from soliciting hookers to where was I headed to deliver the coc aine they found in my wallet. The arresting officer has priors for excessive force and the jerks even told me I am lucky they didnt put me down for trying to dupe the cab driver of fare

EDIT: I didnt have any drugs in my wallet just to clarify that
edit on 12-1-2012 by Brotherman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   
out of all the police brutality type vids out there....and there is thousands...this was the least brutal one ever...they still have to do a job...they were quite gentle with that perp.....

plenty of awful examples of police brutality...this one was not.

I hope that guy who suckered that cop gets a little justice.

I dont get paid to get jumped from behind...and nobody at ATS does either

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Your a cop....define resisting...I dare you.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by type0civ

Your a cop....define resisting...I dare you.

RSMo 575.150 - Resisting or interfering with arrest

575.150. 1. A person commits the crime of resisting or interfering with arrest, detention, or stop if, knowing that a law enforcement officer is making an arrest, or attempting to lawfully detain or stop an individual or vehicle, or the person reasonably should know that a law enforcement officer is making an arrest or attempting to lawfully detain or lawfully stop an individual or vehicle, for the purpose of preventing the officer from effecting the arrest, stop or detention, the person:

(1) Resists the arrest, stop or detention of such person by using or threatening the use of violence or physical force or by fleeing from such officer; or

(2) Interferes with the arrest, stop or detention of another person by using or threatening the use of violence, physical force or physical interference.

2. This section applies to:

(1) Arrests, stops, or detentions, with or without warrants;

(2) Arrests, stops, or detentions, for any crime, infraction, or ordinance violation; and

(3) Arrests for warrants issued by a court or a probation and parole officer.

3. A person is presumed to be fleeing a vehicle stop if that person continues to operate a motor vehicle after that person has seen or should have seen clearly visible emergency lights or has heard or should have heard an audible signal emanating from the law enforcement vehicle pursuing that person.

4. It is no defense to a prosecution pursuant to subsection 1 of this section that the law enforcement officer was acting unlawfully in making the arrest. However, nothing in this section shall be construed to bar civil suits for unlawful arrest.

5. Resisting or interfering with an arrest is a class D felony for an arrest for a:

(1) Felony;

(2) Warrant issued for failure to appear on a felony case; or

(3) Warrant issued for a probation violation on a felony case.

Resisting an arrest, detention or stop by fleeing in such a manner that the person fleeing creates a substantial risk of serious physical injury or death to any person is a class D felony; otherwise, resisting or interfering with an arrest, detention or stop in violation of subdivision (1) or (2) of subsection 1 of this section is a class A misdemeanor.

This is for my state. I stated before there is some variation from state to state but for the most part its the same.
edit on 12-1-2012 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join