It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Attacks Cop Attempting Arrest of Other Suspect

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by gunshooter
so being a hypocrite is okay then? so your saying it's okay to call him a moronic jackass with out getting ALL the info first? go back to the drawing board and try again please.........

I did get all the information, and I posted that information in the thread that explains what occured.

Originally posted by gunshooter
btw: there are always two officers present during an arrest, unless it is extenuating circumstances.
edit on 12/1/12 by gunshooter because: (no reason given)

Btw, unless your specifically referring to Baltimore PD there arent always 2 officers present during an arrest.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by BeforeTooLong
reply to post by TrueAmerican

If he can afford a good lawyer surely he can claim defence and the use of citizen’s arrest.
The police were assaulting someone and using more force then necessary which is illegal so he had the right to do something.
But in our system they wont let him get away with using his constitutional rights.

This man is a hero but I'd bet hes getting a good decade in the slammer.
More people need to step up like this man and defend your fellow countrymen from tyranny.

edit on 11-1-2012 by BeforeTooLong because: (no reason given)

What you can learn from Tony Montana About Hiring a Lawyer (Al Pacino 'Scarface' character)

americababy.hubpages.com...

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra
What was the guy being arrested for?
What occurred before the guy started recording the video?
Why are there 2 officers present?
Why was the guy on the ground resisting?

Before congratulating the moronic jackass who attacked the cops, it might be worthwhile to get ALL the info first. The moron is lucky he was only charged with assault.

just saying

Yeah what you are saying makes total sense. But no matter what happens it's always good to find a way to say "F the police". Either by quoting the lyrics or showing the song on Youtube.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   
It's going to get worse.

The more you tighten your grip, the more star systems will slip though your fingers...

...unless the police take a step or two back in their overall militancy. I don't expect that though since humans seem to have a tendency to want to become more powerful than those around them to attempt to control their environment, but history suggests that leads to all sorts of issues.
edit on 12-1-2012 by The_Phantom because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by The_Phantom

While I agree in principle, it MUST be a 2 way street. There must be communications in both directions, from the police to the citizens we serve and vice versa. The attitude of some in the thread, while entitled to their opinions, demonstrates the other significant part of the problem.

The refusal to acknowledge that not all police are evil. They take past issues and apply them to all police, and that in turn becomes hatred and distrust towards the police. I have had a few examples where Ive worked a call only to have a child make comments at me that I normally get from adults, so complete blame does not lie at the feet of the police.

The other major issue I see is a lack of knoweldge about government (at all levels - local / state / federal) and how they are seperated and what they are responsible for, a lack of knowledge about constitutional rights / civil liberties and how they apply and when as well as a massive shortfall when it comes to how the policeoperate, what branch of government we operate under and how the judiciary works.

I have no issues with people wanting to hold the police accountible, but jumping into the middle of an incident because the perception is the police are beating someone will result in a person being shot and killed.

A previous post kind of took me to task for referring to the suspects in the video as moronic jackasses, noting I didnthave all the info.

A fair point, even though the info was posted.

That is a 2 way street though. When people come across a situation with police, people have absolutely no idea what is going on. As I stated before, its paramount to know whats going on from begining to end in order to understand what occured and why.

Suggesting violence in order to keep the police in line wont work - plain and simple. People must educate themselves, know your rights, how they work, and use the document that allows the police to operate to your advantage.

Beating the police at our own game using the rules we use will get people much farther than violence. Think about it, the use of violence against the police wont highlight the police problem. The story will be vigilanties attack the police.

People must think, learn, educate.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

I understand where you are coming from but it is entirely up to the police to take the step backward to the sweet neighborhood friendly helpers...the people will then respond accordingly. The fact that the police take the militant approach leads people in the opposite direction, that's just the way it's going to be.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   

My point was that people need to learn about the things I listed to better understand the police and what we do. As I pointed out earlier, a person who is not familiar with anything law enforcement who sees an officer hitting a guy in the leg with a baton / asp, will perceive that as the cop beating the hell out of the guy (as we have people in this thread making the same comments).

If the person had basic understanding of the police, he would know the strikes are aimed at the muscle mass in the leg, and not to beat the hell out of the guy. It would also allow citizens to better differentiate between valid actions and invalid actions of the police, making them better witnesses for when brutality does occur.

Its a 2 way street - All Police officers are citizens and live in the neighborhoods you described, however, not all people are law enforcement.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   

I think you are missing the point that I'm making, trust is earned not given, and the police are losing the trust of the people. The baton argument would go away and be dismissed by people like me if the police as a whole would work to gain that trust back. I have no problem with police using a baton when they need to, if they use it with the same requirements of self defense that everyone else is expected to live by (limited amount of hits needed to stop someone from hurting you) but if it's used as an extension of your anger then that is easy to distinguish by anybody with common sense and that is when people get mad. Few people get mad at cops for just using a baton, and the ones that do would be swept away in a debate, but until cops stop acting like wannabe soldiers then there is no reason to do that.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 11:56 PM
link   
We see more of what happened in this video.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 02:23 AM
link   

Again trust / respect is a 2 way street.

Its incumbent on both sides to find the solutions.
edit on 13-1-2012 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by MeesterB
I think you are giving the man too much credit. I bet he and his homies had been listening to some rap album, and thought, "This is my chance to F--- the po-lease." There is a strong social influence that promotes cop-killing and lawlessness, so I wouldn't necessarily jump to this guy being an out-of-the-box thinker.

Yeah. Uh huh...

Dale Gribble?! Is that really you?
(ie. His avatar. For you members that are non-initiated with the great show that is King of the Hill)

Read the above quote, using Dale Gribble's voice.

Look...We ALL know rap music is an infectious disease, that takes complete control of the listeners mind, thus forcibly making said listener attack the nearest Law Enforcement Officer, or "po-lease", as you so eloquently referred to them.

It seems you pretty much know how the entire thing went down. You have a back-story & everything. Wow! Are you a psychic? What is going to happen December 21st this year? Gimmie Lotto numbers!

This man made a bad choice.

Ya think?

My comment was stated offhandedly & was intended to be taken jokingly. I would never condone the outright assault of an officer.

ETA:

MeesterB: FUH DA "PO-LEASE"

edit on 13-1-2012 by susp3kt because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra

Again trust / respect is a 2 way street.

Its incumbent on both sides to find the solutions.

Again, your not getting it, I'm just telling you what the future is going to be...

...you can do with it what you want. The people will not respect the cops if they continue on the path that they are on. This isn't a game, and it's not a debate, I'm telling you how the people are going to continue to respond to the police.
edit on 13-1-2012 by The_Phantom because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   

No I get it..

I just dont agree with your one way blame the police for all approach thats all.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   
I have watched all sorts of mad things coming out of america.

But this is NOT one of them.

This guy has balls and I for one applaud him.

If anyone can get his prisoner number and address I would like to offer monetary services whilst he is doing his time. All prisoners need money for stationary and phone cards etc.

I like this man.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   
He might have been in the wrong here. I don't think he is, but I won't take his side until the full story finally comes into light.

Nevertheless, this some good entertainment. For once there's a video of a citizen assaulting police rather than vice versa. I can watch this over and over for hours.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by susp3kt

I sense respect in your post for the greatness that is dale gribble, so there is no beef, but you can't pretend like the rap culture isn't an influence for some. It's a bit off topic, so i'll save the discussion for another thread.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 12:35 AM
link   

I know you don't agree with what I'm saying, as I said in my first post, I don't expect a change from the current course, because I know how people that like to have "authority" think.

That's fine that you wont listen to people like me, that wont be my problem.

Good luck with all that.

I for one wouldn't want to be one of the stormtroopers on the death star when the shtf.
edit on 14-1-2012 by The_Phantom because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 01:33 AM
link   

At no point did I ever say I wouldn't listen to you so please dont put words in my mouth. As far as my job goes and the stereotype you just laid out, I can say I dont have the authority complex.

Let me give you an example of my thought process on this. There are posts in this thread that completely and totally ignore all information presented, including the article I posted that placed the video into context. Yet we have people who ignore it all because they hate the police for whatever their reason is.

I have had to deal with people that hold that mentality and I can say its the main reason I subscribe to the respect is a 2 way street position. I have had people treat me like crap because 20 years prior they had a bad encounter with one officer. The hypocritical part in all of this are the people who have complained in other threads about how the police do nothing but profile / stereotype / etc, yet they dont comprehend the fact they are doing it as well.

Hence the 2 way street.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   

My point is to show your obvious bias. You say don't rush to judge by then you saywhy is he resisting?!? You can't know from that video anything more than you see' regardless of what bill was passed by your states lawmakers.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   
I can't say I condone the man doing what he did, but he might be right for doing it. I wasn't there so I don't know what the true story was. The guy has some balls though. I'll give him that. There are very few things that would have me attacking a cop like that.

Here's a little song by my favorite band, GWAR, that I think fits well with all this. It's a song called "I Love the Pigs". I was listening to this the other night and it made me think about ATS. What you should do is read the lyrics with the song to get the jist of it. I'll provide the lyrics here.

DISCLAIMER: GWAR is a rather raunchy metal band. The song does contain foul language.

LYRICS

We stand before the gates of Hell
Smeared with filthy bacon smell
Not all cops are pigs
Some of them are d***s
It is their duty to beat you...
...with a BIG F***ING STICK!

I LOVE THE PIGS!!!!

The cheap allure
Of human manure
You busted her for junk
And soon your dashboard,
Was spackled with spunk

You stopped for a bit
But you couldn't quit
I love the pigs, I love the pigs, love the pigs
You killed and killed again,
And got away with it

The body count rose, yet,
Yet, still I craved more
Fighting just crime had become such a bore
That one magic night when I raped with a mop...
That sure got 'round the shop!

'Til an AK took my head off
In a drug deal gone way wrong
By some weird Asian dude
That they called Knobby Tong
Still they called it suicide...
At the funeral the Sgt. cried...

You stopped for a bit
But you couldn't quit
And got away with it

You wanted to do right...
But right, it felt so wrong...
The filthy streets ate your soul
That's how you wound up
Deep in this hole.

See them in their grandeur
White Knights of the Realm
They are all my children...
Follow me to hell...follow me to hell!

Then Satan smiled upon you
You became a god
It became your resurrection
Undeath of the damned
Resplendent in his harness
His flanks are flecked in seed
Cybernetic knucklehead
Centurion of greed

You stopped for a bit
But you couldn't quit
And got away with it

They combined a man with a hog
Then they sewed on the d**k of a dog
Good with a club, but not a great shot...
I guess even hell needs a cop...

Renegade cops who as priests wield their clubs and their guns
They get to have all the fun!
edit on 1/14/12 by Echo3Foxtrot because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join