It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does God Care?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Some of you may be familiar with the man who wrote "Conversation With God".

There is a particular quote in there (which I shall paraphrase) : You think I care what you do...

Who here thinks that God cares what happens here, and just wants us to learn from our mistakes? Also, I desire to know why you think God created man to begin with?

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   
You mean the flying spaghetti monster? He wants us to stop eating his friends.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Starchild23
Who here thinks that God cares what happens here, and just wants us to learn from our mistakes? Also, I desire to know why you think God created man to begin with?

The notion that an essentially incomprehensible, trans-dimensional, omnipresent and all-powerful super creator entity would have anything like the concerns or thought processes of little monkey people like ourselves is laughable.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Starchild23

Something created man.....I'm not going so far as to say it was a god per se.....
As far as a christian, jewish or muslim god......no..he doesn't care. If he did I seriously doubt there would be as many killings as there are in the name of god...

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   
That is of course assuming god is real.
God does not seem to care.
Santa doesn't either.

But if god is real perhaps god only cares about the spirit world and the circumstances in the afterlife granted to individual souls.
No, the evidence is in, god doesn't care about earth dwellers, it's almost like god is just, a made up belief, to make us feel better about living in a trying world.

Wonder how atheists and agnostics are born?
Lack of evidence maybe?

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   

I think God cares.

He was tortured to death to show how much.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   
I spent much time wondering why man was created. The answer I came up with is, God is spirit He wanted to feel, smell, see, hear, and experience His creation. Also companionship. I challenge people to think of the kind of companions they are.

God was willing to leave paradise, live in this stinking festering dog eat dog world, be reviled, beaten and killed in the most brutal debasing way to save us, so yes I think there can be no greater love. Yes God cares, about each of us, all the time, He created us and He loves us all.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Some of you may be familiar with the man who wrote "Conversation With God".

There is a particular quote in there (which I shall paraphrase) : You think I care what you do...

If you read the comments above, many of them will look at this from the eyes of men of pride. Pride always first checks to see, "What's in it for me." This is an empty view of God since he needs nothing from us. Only beings that are empty seek to be filled. I'm not trying to be trite with this, it's just true. We only strive toward something if it meets a need. Need indicates an area which needs to be filled. Emptiness is comparable to hunger and desire. Once desire is met, there is a time of disinterest. We then go back and fill the need again as we become empty. We are constantly striving for the filling of various needs and desires. Pride seeks to protect this above all in a person that lives close to self.

Take a look at a baby. They only see what they need and nothing more. As they grow, their awareness starts to broaden away from the breast. Eventually, they leave home for college and start a family. Mom becomes a secondary thought.

Take a look at a person who becomes transcendent. Their awareness is broad enough to deny self and seek the benefits of others. Take this further to a God that is aware of an entire universe. He has no need, but fills Himself with love and kindness to the many in the universe. How does he see disharmony with this goal of love and giving? How is disharmony created?

Pride can only take. Taking creates a debt to be paid. Smoke and you get cancer. A smoker takes a reward that was not earned and a debt follows. Work at a degree and get a better job. This is giving and suffering work with the ends result of reward. Taking always ends in suffering, but suffering first always leads to reward. If you were an advanced being with all wisdom and knowledge, you would have realized this pre-existent truth. God is that truth in the form of the first consciousness (The Great I AM). All truth is and always has been and always will be. This is infinity. Infinity contains the whole, while finite reality contains the parts. God has already divided the light from the darkness. In Him there is no darkness. What does that tell you about taking and giving? God can only give.

What is darkness? The absence of light. God does not withdraw the light. He is the light. We take ourselves out of context with truth by moving away from the light. This is a choice.

Being in context with truth is the primary concern for us and for God. Consider this proverb in context:

Proverbs 1
8 Listen, my son, to your father’s instruction
and do not forsake your mother’s teaching.
9 They are a garland to grace your head
and a chain to adorn your neck.

Is this truth? Yes if your mother is in context with truthful living. No if your mother is a crack addict. In this case, don't listen to her telling you to have a baby asap so you qualify for state aid.

God is in context with truth. We can choose this context and move with God or God moves away from us. Either way, he creates what is good and can only give the same. The gift of salvation is not being saved from God. It's being saved from ourselves.

edit on 11-1-2012 by SuperiorEd because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Take a look at the world around you.

Does it look like it? Your God is either sleeping on the job, or a liar, because if he was as powerful and kind as some suggest, the atrocities we see daily wouldn't be occurring, as he'd either be powerful enough to stop them, or would have had the foresight not to let them happen in the first place.
edit on 11-1-2012 by MysticPearl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   
If he does exist, why would he care? An all powerful and all knowing being is just going to take care of our sorry asses? I know if I was him/her/it/dog I would get fed up. Don't get me wrong here, I love humanity and things we have accomplished? The Compassion, ingenuity and our resourcefulness. Our art and cultures and curiosity is amazing and I'm amazed by it. However for all the good there is in the world theres still a lot of bad, trying to reach Nirvana, or making our utopia its like fighting an unwindable war.

Well thats what a human might say what with our limited life span and all.

So the question does god care? Hell maybe, if she does exist would we be able to comprehend him or its motivations or feelings?

I think as of right now where the human race is, if there is a god I think its far form our understanding. Maybe someday though? Or someday we'll find out were on our on out here that theirs no plan and we just have to make it up as we go along.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by MysticPearl
Take a look at the world around you.

Does it look like it? Your God is either sleeping on the job, or a liar, because if he was as powerful and kind as some suggest, the atrocities we see daily wouldn't be occurring, as he'd either be powerful enough to stop them, or would have had the foresight not to let them happen in the first place.
edit on 11-1-2012 by MysticPearl because: (no reason given)

God has given you, and others, the will to act as you choose.

So all of us do what feels good and (some of) the world is screwed up.

Would it be kindness to remove our freedom after we have experienced it?

edit on 11/1/2012 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   
If there is a God as outlined in the Christian faith, then yes, I think he does care, he just won't get involved ever again until Armageddon.

He clearly said that the free will we were given will play out until the end of days, and after Noah's Ark he wouldn't interfere in anything anymore.

I don't know what to believe, but if there is a God, I would hope he isn't one that would just sit back and watch people suffer because one person ate a piece of fruit that they were told not to.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Blue Shift

Funny, my brother is a plant pathologist, when we play golf he will stop and look at a patch of grass with a disease and diagnose. Will spend his life researching lawn grass. Yup, no way god could be interested in humans.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   
While I don't necessarily subscribe to the creator god theory it is an interesting question. In a nutshell I would say no at least not in a way we can think of. As wrong as it may sound that's why murder and other "evil" acts are just that, acts. We place the label on those actions. I can't see a supposedly ominipotent being judging any action.

I've also thought about the why create us question to. The only reasonable explanation I could think of as to why this being would need or want to do anything is that we are separate from god. If god created us to exist outside of god then even god would have no real way to anticipate what would happen. It would be a lets see what happens type of scenario. Maybe it wants to see if another it would eventually emerge or maybe it thinks many would definitely come to be. Perhaps god doesn't even know its own beginnings. We'd be connected like we are to our parents but not dependent or in a state where we couldn't exist without god. So god may have an interest but not necessarily care what happens.

Sometimes I wonder if we are making a mistake when we ask what came before the big bang or we make the comment something can't come from nothing and use it as a justification for a god. Maybe there is no such thing as complete nothingness before, now or ever. Sort of like a still pond and one day one of the pieces of energy moved and creating a vibration and the first leak into a lower dimension and it's just been one huge cyclical course of events ever since.
edit on 11-1-2012 by DetectiveT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   
"Care" is not in the right context here. Whether you think he does or not, would it matter? You have an important "tool" to use in any situation, you guessed it right, free will. The way i see it is that he cares, he just wants us to decide, even the idea of his existence.....makes life a little bit more interesting huh. If i tell you ALL the knowledge in the universe and everything you can possible want to know about, what would you strive to learn after you know everything? anyways, he cares. peace.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   
First of all, when you watch a movie, dew you care about the peeps in the movie? Dew you root for the heroes or heroines?

Second, what makes you think God is behind this and kNot the Children of God, the true Children of Zion?

Third, if you lived in absolute perfection, how would you understand Chaos? The Law of Order dictates that Order, via Control, breeds Chaos but Control, via Order, isn't Control. Then the Equation of Perfect Order dictates:

Zero Control = Zero Chaos = Perfect Order

You live in the most Chaos possible! Why?

Dew you know the Law of Answers?

Postulate then run the Experiment to get the Answer.

Postulate + Experiment = Answer

Then verify the Answer by re-running the Experiment at least 3 times and if you get the same answer 3 times in a row, it's the Anwser but if One or more is a different Answer, run it best out of 7 in order to confirm the most likely Answer and that becomes the Primary Answer because it's possible for there to be more than One Answer.

Ever hear of The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy and the Answer in there that the Meaning of Life is 42? That's just One of the Three Answers to that Question but dew you know what the Question is that gives that Answer meaning?

Ribbit

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blue Shift

The notion that an essentially incomprehensible, trans-dimensional, omnipresent and all-powerful super creator entity would have anything like the concerns or thought processes of little monkey people like ourselves is laughable.

That God generally keeps his distance I think is an act of great love for us, and I realize that's an absurd statement in the eyes of an atheist. At the same time, our very experience of existence itself makes God ever present. It's a very mysterious paradox.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   
I had a lucid dream in which I was aware of everything all at once, right down to the molecular level. There was so much to be aware of, I lost the ability to think or act. I couldn't possibly care about one cluster of molecules more than any other cluster of molecules, there was no differentiation, it was all one.

Personally, I think that's what it's like to be god.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 02:04 AM
link   

When God told him "You think I care what you do..." that was just HIS translation's of God's energy Love. God/Love was telling him this so that he can feel and understand his freedom...

God does care in a sense that we are all Love and when we take actions not from love we are not staying true to ourselves, however, God knows that it will all be ok because when we die we will eventually merge with him in 100% love, even though we can do that NOW a lot of people aren't aware that they can.

God never creates. God is Love and Love is energy and energy can never be created or destroyed, it is just changed. God IS the energy. God IS everything. And Love exists in all things even it if is just 1%. What you call "hate" is simply the absence of love. Buildings aren't created - they are formed out of already existing materials. Houses aren't created - they are made out of wood already existing from trees. Everything is eternal. Everything is spirit. Everything is a part of God eternally changing form and all things have love. Love is that connective force which holds all things together. Love is Good. When you "send your love" to someone, you are giving them some of your energy. But it doesn't matter because Energy/Love/God is INFINITE. There is MUCH to go around and at the same time you can choose to devoid yourself of it if you desire (hate/fear).

Everything is energy and what we call "physical" is just a more solid energy.

This is a good analogy...

Water is spirit, and Ice is the material - but they are both the same thing in essence.

Hope that clears things up.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 02:10 AM
link   

why does it matter if god cares? If god careing or not makes a differnce then something is wrong.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join