It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does God Care?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   
If God does exist then I get the feeling he does care, but - for whatever reason - he cannot act in this world at this moment in time. How can something create and not care for its creations?

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Blue Shift

I would be inclined to agree with you, if it weren't for the fact that an entity whose mind apparently transcends and surpasses ours in every way, who is most known (by religious factions, mainly) for His/Her/Its unconditional love, would create a race of intelligent beings and then leave them to rot. Not even scientists do that...they just devise the most deadly experiments and execute with extreme prejudice.

I see what you are saying though. People like to believe that an entity such as you describe would be above the mundane workings of such a comparatively primitive race...but as I said: one would also hope that with creation comes an obligatory sense of responsibility, no matter how powerful the creator. This can be seen with having children, although we are not the best example of such.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by webpirate

Killings in the name of God, you say? That is not the fault of God (if He/She/It exists). That is the fault of arrogant humans presuming to be the avengers and messengers of God's Word...or more precisely, believing that it is their right to kill in His/Her/Its name. In this case, it would be wise to, say, shoot the messenger.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Do you care about your kids?
I think you do.
God care about us.We can't see Him, but who said He can't see us?

I honestly believe that He's watching us right now!

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Toadmund

I think perhaps I could recommend a book to you. It is, of course, highly debatable, but it shows, instead of the arguments ridiculing invisible men in the sky, an argument showing the fallacy of atheists (if one were to choose to argue such a side). This book is: "More Than A Carpenter" by Josh McDowell. He is a former atheist who had a very troublesome childhood, and so he spat in the face of God. He became a scholar, and in search of the truth, examined all of the evidence (documents of testimonies and such) concerning Jesus and God. He examined these in an impartial scholarly light...and the resulting analysis is quite intriguing.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Whom is this mythological being that you talk of????????
And if there was such a being God, well then, just look at the world we live in and then you would think that IT( God) doesnt care.

Edit to add.
Every war that mankind has fought has been about a fake god. So if a god did exist then you would think that IT would intervene and stop these wars and madness. But since IT doesnt exist the wars will go on
edit on 12-1-2012 by WozaMeathed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Does God care about us? Do any of us care about us? One answers the other.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by chr0naut
reply to post by Starchild23

I think God cares.

He was tortured to death to show how much.

Your false God wasn't tortured to death.
It was his son on earth that was made in his image that was alledgedly tortured to death.

Cant you Jebus followers even get that right?????????

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Why do I believe in a creator?

1. Life must precede life forms. For an intelligent process to initiate, it must originate from intelligence. Think about it.

2. We are creators. Even if there is no flying spaghetti monster in the clouds, it is safe to say that we had everything to do with the way our forms emerged. Its all about adaptation. Adaptation requires intelligence. Who's intelligence? Our intelligence. It may be a subconscious creation, but it is our creation nonetheless.

3. What you observe, you make real. Subjective reality is just as real as objective reality. If I say you are mean, you may be both mean and not mean. Concepts that can be opinions influence a specific range of possible future events. You can have any opinion you want and that opinion will shape your future.

With all that said, I can infer that there is likely a higher intelligence 'out there' that is good at creating their realities. They create in accordance with their wills so that whatever they want they acquire.

Also, the fact that we have video games and the possibility for artificial intelligence should imply that the possibility of a creator isn't at all farfetched. I understand that just because its possible doesn't make it so.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Starchild23
Some of you may be familiar with the man who wrote "Conversation With God".

There is a particular quote in there (which I shall paraphrase) : You think I care what you do...

Who here thinks that God cares what happens here, and just wants us to learn from our mistakes? Also, I desire to know why you think God created man to begin with?

would you care about some ants you possibly stepped on a few days ago?

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Question Fate

There is a particular quote in there (which I shall paraphrase) : You think I care what you do...

Who here thinks that God cares what happens here, and just wants us to learn from our mistakes? Also, I desire to know why you think God created man to begin with?

Would you?

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Caring is proven by acts, so no, god doesn't give a flying f..k

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by smithjustinb

Would you?

it doesn't take much to see that the problems of three little people don't amount to a hill of beans in this crazy world

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Brasov
Caring is proven by acts, so no, god doesn't give a flying f..k

Does the winds have to care when they show their might through storms? Does the water have to care when it shows its place and might here on earth as well as is drinking water to the life here? They 'are' without having any need to care.

Just because something does not work like us humans do, like personal feelings and all, does not mean that something, is not.

Just saying.

Course this all depends on ones definition of what god is.
edit on 12-1-2012 by LeoVirgo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   
God does want us to learn from our mistakes, and he does care what happened here if he is the creator of the universe. Earth is a microcosm and humans are given free will to act. Evil people would be relieved of their punishment if they had no conscious will, and mind control victims are innocent for this same reason, if in fact they had no conscious recollection, which is different from someone lying to use this as a defense, but that too is easy to spot since the mind controlled person is so drugged up he never sees the camera.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   
God DOES care. So much so, in fact, that He gave us Free will, and the ability to create our own destinies. Unfortunately, some people misinterpret His grace & love for a lack of care.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by smithjustinb

Would you?

it doesn't take much to see that the problems of three little people don't amount to a hill of beans in this crazy world

No, not when looking at the bigger picture, you're right. But God is more personal than some controller at the edge of the universe. God is all there is. Therefore, if you care about us, God does. If you don't, God doesn't. But at the same time, he does. God both cares and doesn't care. God is just life. Whether that is a good thing or a bad thing is up to you.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by filosophia
God does want us to learn from our mistakes, and he does care what happened here if he is the creator of the universe. Earth is a microcosm and humans are given free will to act. Evil people would be relieved of their punishment if they had no conscious will, and mind control victims are innocent for this same reason, if in fact they had no conscious recollection, which is different from someone lying to use this as a defense, but that too is easy to spot since the mind controlled person is so drugged up he never sees the camera.

God is not something separate from you. You are of Thee and Thee is being, through 'life', its all an expression of Thee. God doesnt want, Thee that is eternal, has no desires, has no needs. Thee just is, and all that is of this expression, perfectly is as well, it is us that is the critics.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   
I think it would be fair to say that God doesn't care, but he also doesn't not care. God just is. If we want him to care, he does. We have a lot of say so in this whole thing you know.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blue Shift

The notion that an essentially incomprehensible, trans-dimensional, omnipresent and all-powerful super creator entity would have anything like the concerns or thought processes of little monkey people like ourselves is laughable.

That's where youre wrong. To him we are his children, or we were until we eloped with Lucifer and now he's trying to rescue us from a rather...abusive lover.

This is the easiest analogy and one that fits pretty close to what happened.

Thats all i am saying on this matter, i have a feeling its going to turn into another Jesus/christian bashing thread.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join