It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does God Care?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Very simple answer, and it just so happens to be no, God(whatever he is) does not care about you or any of his so called children. Supposedly God has a plan for all of us and we can choose different branches of this plan to follow. This means there is a 5 year old girl being raped somewhere right now, repeatedly, maybe even by her parents and somehow that's in Gods plan for her. What about all the other terrible things that happen to children who did nothing but be brought into this world, children that are literally tortured at home, kept in basements with no food and such, are you going to walk up to them and say 'it's ok, this is all part of Gods plan for you and he loves you so much?'

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

... Is He a GOOD GOD? Just because He is God ..

Just from a language standpoint, this would be true.
If God was not good, He would be called Satan or something similar.
The ancient philosophers distance the gods from the inherent bad aspects of the nature of the universe and I don't see a reason from the Bible to discount that solution to the problem of evil.
We are like children and God is a more powerful version of ourselves and adopts us to place us under His care, but I don't think we need to have this sort of view that God made and controls everything because that would be a slander against Him to be made responsible for all the things not right.

edit on 15-1-2012 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by SGTSECRET
Very simple answer, and it just so happens to be no, God(whatever he is) does not care about you or any of his so called children. Supposedly God has a plan for all of us and we can choose different branches of this plan to follow. This means there is a 5 year old girl being raped somewhere right now, repeatedly, maybe even by her parents and somehow that's in Gods plan for her. What about all the other terrible things that happen to children who did nothing but be brought into this world, children that are literally tortured at home, kept in basements with no food and such, are you going to walk up to them and say 'it's ok, this is all part of Gods plan for you and he loves you so much?'

I respect your answer. So you think there is no meaning to all of this? That the point of life is to survive, and nothing more?

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60
reply to post by FlyersFan

... Is He a GOOD GOD? Just because He is God ..

Just from a language standpoint, this would be true.
If God was not good, He would be called Satan or something similar.
The ancient philosophers distance the gods from the inherent bad aspects of the nature of the universe and I don't see a reason from the Bible to discount that solution to the problem of evil.
We are like children and God is a more powerful version of ourselves and adopts us to place us under His care, but I don't think we need to have this sort of view that God made and controls everything because that would be a slander against Him to be made responsible for all the things not right.

edit on 15-1-2012 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

You believe that God did NOT create everything, nor is omnipotent?

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Starchild23

I think it is ridiculous to think of the word, omnipotent, being anything other than a fantasy hypothetical word where there might be an actual real way to apply it.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

I think it is ridiculous to think of the word, omnipotent, being anything other than a fantasy hypothetical word where there might be an actual real way to apply it.

I respect that. But remember, you don't know everything. There are many discoveries yet to be made...

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   
i sadly turned my back on religion numerous years ago
i find it hard to accept that a loving all seeing creator would let his children suffer day to day

maybe im mistaken but didnt jesus get nailed to a cross?
now as a parent myself i know if my son was getting nailed to a cross i sure as heck wouldnt just watch and do nothing

what kind of parent would?

who knows maybe one day i shall take back my thoughts/words about god and who knows i may be damned to eternal hell for it

also if god created everything and is a loving being...why did he create evil?

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by UkRandom
i sadly turned my back on religion numerous years ago
i find it hard to accept that a loving all seeing creator would let his children suffer day to day

maybe im mistaken but didnt jesus get nailed to a cross?
now as a parent myself i know if my son was getting nailed to a cross i sure as heck wouldnt just watch and do nothing

what kind of parent would?

who knows maybe one day i shall take back my thoughts/words about god and who knows i may be damned to eternal hell for it

One, He/She/It created free will, not evil. Evil is the inability to do what's right, for the right reasons.

Also...haha, funnily enough, this explanation JUST popped into my head, and it makes perfect sense. Let's have a swing: God sent His/Her/Its "only son" to die on the cross. A bit cruel, right? Well, I read in a book that negative karma is generated through, not taking opportunities to make bad choices, but CREATING opportunities to make bad choices. The same with positive karma.

I think that maybe, just maybe, Jesus' choice to die on the cross was an effort to take all the bad karma we had generated and turn it into GOOD karma. And when they say He/She/It gave us a gift, and to accept Christ into our life...well, maybe He/She/It was talking about his EXAMPLE. The choice to do good instead of bad. And the gift is positive karma, which rewards us in the end.

How's that for an explanation?

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   
good reply and one which i have no answer to lol
i think i have to do some serious soul searching and hopefully find something to fill the empty void i feel inside

i will defenitly be pondering your words tho now

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by UkRandom

I would suggest you read "The Seat of The Soul" by Gary Kusav. I think you may find it instructive...

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by UkRandom

I think evil just is, but we have to be careful not to compound it by joining forces with it.
We need to fight against evil, or rather in some cases, just try to mitigate where we can the effects of evil on others around us.
I think God does the same thing and works within the bounds of what exists, which is this universe we have no other choice than to live in.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Gary Zukav

Kind of creeps me out.
Apocalyptic of a non-Christian variety and I am so turned off on all that, just sick of it.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

I'm sorry, what do you mean by that, exactly? There is next to nothing about apocalypse in his book...it teaches about the soul and taking care of it, and the laws and nature of it.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   
That is a very fair question, one that has been asked for centuries.
He certainly cares, but his way of caring my seem strange to us.
He is a being that can reverse death, pain and suffering at every level, and because he knows he will do this in the future, this allows him to have a big universe picture, that we simply don't have with our 100 year lifespan on this planet.
Imagine getting an inoculation that gave you perfect health but first you had to get really sick to the point of death with a guarantee of perfect health after you go through the sickness.
Human history is that inoculation, we are going through the sickness part now, when we come out of it we will be much better off, for all eternity.
But when your in the sickness part, it is hard to see the benefits part ahead of us.
That's where we are all right now, and it's not easy for the human family

Satan successfully propagated a pandemic that has a 100% infection rate and a 100% mortality rate.
That is sin.
edit on 16-1-2012 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   

I used the name as a search term on YouTube and got an interview video where he came off as maniacal and talking about something that sounds like an apocalypse.
Like I said, not of a Christian variety but what is of whatever his religion is.
I'm on apocalypse overload and when I see people promoting any sort of apocalypse I see them as being possessed by an evil spirit.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60

I used the name as a search term on YouTube and got an interview video where he came off as maniacal and talking about something that sounds like an apocalypse.
Like I said, not of a Christian variety but what is of whatever his religion is.
I'm on apocalypse overload and when I see people promoting any sort of apocalypse I see them as being possessed by an evil spirit.

It is completely natural, in my eyes, to think that an apocalypse is coming. Look around; look at all of the destruction, the chaos, the manic grasping of resources and rampant death. It is no surprise that people think things here are drawing to a dastardly close.

And some may even WANT it to happen. It represents two possibilities: an age of enlightenment, or an age of ultimate ending. Either way, this hell on earth would come to a finish...a bit of a relief for everyone involved.

Can you blame people for hoping?
edit on CMondaypm515121f21America/Chicago16 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   

. . . this hell on earth would come to a finish.

I don't want to be mean to you or anything like that or discourage you from whatever it is you are doing. I'm just trying to make a small point, and what it is, is language, this is what we do and it affects people because that is how we communicate, so words mean things.
When I look at your post, I see the word, finish, and that has the flag go up because this is apocalypse you are talking about. You may or may not think of it in that term but it fits the definition, where you have some supernatural power or entity or something, making a change in the nature of the universe. I really don't like that concept, not because it does not sound good but because it is not real. That is the other definition of apocalypse most people miss. It is a language in itself, if I can manage to explain it. It is a language that describes an event in terms that are fantastic and other-worldly to express concepts that can not be explained in normal terms. The catch is that in using apocalypse, you have people who take it literally and in my opinion this is a serious mistake. A change needs to happen but we need to do it where apocalypse is only the inspiration. We need to make the reality.
edit on 16-1-2012 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by SGTSECRET

There is no plan, but what God WANTS is for us to all come back to Love (Him), although he loves you so much that he allows you to not go back to Love if you don't want - even if you hurt yourselves or others...

But he WANTS people to come back to Love on their own free will because then things will go better for them..

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Evil is the inability to do what's right, for the right reasons.

This statement bothers me on a couple of levels.

I won't belabor the issue here now, but....I disagree.

Evil is making the CHOICE TO DO HARM when the alternative is to do right, and one is aware of both choices. Do harm, or do no harm. Those are the choices. Choosing harm is EVIL. It has nothing to do with "inability." It is a deliberate choice to do harm, knowing full well the action will result in harm.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join