It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alien attack, are we ready?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by intuitive
We have huge plans incase of invasion and weapons/tactics to help fight against invasions of this type, The proticol and rules are massive, it is a known fact that IF we found our planet at risk of alien invasion, ALL countrys and man are to come together even if that includs a country we are at war with ALL political debates and fall out are to put aside and we join arms. This is something that includeds black project weapons and tactics all the way down the line to what the last lone survivours are to follow, All soldiers who are trained for this are taught last minute proticol. I know it sounds silly but theres 1000s of soldiers taught with maybe no idea the trianing they receive is for this instance, Hope there listening and paying attention lol there is a 3 hour documentry on this matter. called When aliens attack, some people dont believe it but if you research some of the weapons ect its seems very plausable, and what is said seems pretty commen sense so i find it hard to disbelieve it.?

LOL

Thanks for that.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by karen61057

Originally posted by zorgon
They already did...
we are the descendents of the survivors

Does that mean that we won? Wow, who'd a thunk it.

Probably not "won" exactly. More like it got too useless and expensive for them to hang around Earth after they got what they wanted from it (most of the gold that was easiest to get to?), and they just left the place like a ghost town with a few unremarkable hominids still hiding in the bushes.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by s12345

According to Michio Kaku we'd be toast

What Michio says from 3.34 could easily be what they have been doing with us , kinda makes sense

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   
In wonder though if you had an alien foe, that had technology totally decentralized: all power generation weapons medical everything was everywhere, or the potential to make what was needed: how could you beat an enemy like that except by killing every last one. Just thinking that we have higher target areas, power stations, military based, weapons etc..., but if they had all targets the same, then if they could guess lost of our high value targets then they would probably win, if they didn't we could be winning but be unable to stop them as they would effectively be an alien race using terrorist structure for their technology: cell structure. It seems that with weapons no better then ours, they could have an advantage based upon having no high value targets, everything everywhere. However as we are organised like a scale free network: different values of targets: which if randomly attacked is more robust, we could be better if they cannot guess oour best targets. They would be a scale network, everything the same, if randomly attacked would be more effected becuase of the network. If they are organised worth high value targets then we would only be dealing with: better weapons, and the element of surprise. I do hope that there is a worldwide plan as they could attack anywhere. They would have a different military history which would effect their strategic and tactical thinking as well as a different biology.
edit on 11-1-2012 by s12345 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   
No we are not ready maybe on like 1000 years

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Not sure what you'd mean by ready. If they have FTL, we wouldn't see them coming. If they have a generation-ship or something similar, then there's a chance we'd see them coming - but would still be seriously under-prepared. We'd do what we can to get ready while they're in a braking manuever to get into orbit somewhere in the solar system.

Scenario 1: Aliens simply want raw resources. They fling some asteroids our way or use some weapon that blasts the entire planet into rubble. Nope, we're not ready for that. We'd be well-done for and pretty crispy, not much in the way of anything surviving. A complete and effortless victory as far as the aliens are concerned.

Scenario 2: Aliens just want the humans gone. They think Earth is nice, but that we're messing it up. Thus they use some tailored chemical or bio-weapon against us. In which case I'd predict those running things on Earth with the weapons would nuke the entire planet just to spite them. In which case it ends up more as a draw, but with nobody "winning".

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   
To take on race of super beings with technology lightyears ahead of own. Yeah I think we're ready, bring em on.
a lightyear is a distance, not a time....

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   
So much talk about aliens and an all out attack. How can anyone be certain they are hostile? How do we know they aren't waiting for us to get involved in a Nuclear war, than step in to stop us from destroying ourselves? And whomevever the "almighty creator" is, would they leave us alone without stepping in to intervene? I mean, if they created us, would they let someone/something else destroy us?
Something to chew on.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   
A virus, five years , maybe ten and there you go....no humans.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by s12345

Why do humans insist on seeing aliens as we are? You can bet that the ETs wouldn't use a single explosive device. That requires hardware of all sorts of physical effort to make and deliver. A nice, neat, quick and totally deadly virus would be the smart move. Humans would swiftly be gone and the planet would be retained for the next creature to evolve.

OK, to direct?. Suppose they have an agenda such as making us slaves to mine gold for them or to make sneakers for the ET kids back home? How would they enact their program? Perhaps they would show themselves to governments of the world and say, "People, this is the way it is going to be or else." They would leave all of the heavy work to those already in charge of us. Restrictive laws of all types would be passed in rapid order. Centralized power (order/control) would be high on the list (because some of us would naturally resist). That way the ETs would not need a connection every podunk little country. Simpy put the larger ones in charge of the rest. Not only that, but also make them the world's police force to force the required changes and keep the "peace."

'Course, using the term "attack" in its broadest term for the ETs coming here to DO something, also must allow that they could "attack" in peace. Being far smarter than we, and not using bombs and machine guns, they could be "attacking" our nasty way of conducting business with each other that frequently involves killing and wasting an incredible amount of GNP in the process. Putting ourselves in their minds, we might come to the conclusion that they wouldn't want us to exert much effort in getting loose in the Universe like a run-away mad dog. So perhaps they would work to change us.

So let us broaden this discussion of "attack," shall we? And amazingly the latter reason fairly well matches up with them wanting us to make sneakers for back home. Which version would you prefer? And consider, is there much difference between them as far as our world is concerned?

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Have you missed the National Geographic series on 'when aliens attack'?

Here's part 1 of 7, maybe the rest of the parts are linked.

Sort of a level headed hypothetical view on the issue, pretty good series.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by s12345

No! No were near ready, most of us don't even have 2 weeks worth of food or hunting skills, I would be a massacre.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by karen61057
Does that mean that we won? Wow, who'd a thunk it.

Depends...

Some believe the war is still being fought. That was also the premise behind Battlestar Galactica.

Lets say, for example, that there were three planets involved in that old war, and one blew up, one had its atmosphere ripped off and one had its continents torn apart, a moon ripped out forming an ocean and was inundated with water.

Out of those three a space ark saved a few... to repopulate one world...

Does that count as a win?

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by s12345

We (by WE the USA) are afraid of some dudes who hide in CAVES in ----- stan, we get bossed around by the Saudi Royals, and Congress spends 50 million dollars to decide weather they want egg salad on white or tuna on rye! Aliens wouldn't have to fire a shot!

Some of our items in the military ARE amazing, but to go toe to toe with a group who can go an umpteen billions of light years is a long shot.

BUT nobody can kill like us humans. NOBODY. from Gengis to Wellington to Alaxander to Patton we can get a body count going! so I think WE DO have a chance. Lets hope our diseases will fight for us too

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by thehoneycomb
reply to post by CaptObvious

In space their is no time, especially if you are not in orbit around the sun, if you colonized a place like mars at the very least time would slow down. Therefore they live longer and they would learn more and become more advanced technologically. The problem they would have though is that human bodies are meant to be nourished by the natural resources and time of there ancestral home planet. So they have a need for organs etc as they live longer, but their bodies degenerate.

They wouldn't live longer because a planet has a faster/slower rotation. I don't think living longer would have a huge impact on technological progression, if we're comparing it to the millions of years that they potentially have on us, that's the biggest impact.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Alien attack, are we ready?,

Nope,,,,,

I need to score some dip for the chips and fry up some hot wings for the show.

Then I would say "nope", we were not ready.

Then I would be hiding in a cave with the family, like OBL......

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Unlike a lot of people on here, I don't believe wormhole travel will ever be possible by any civilization. When you consider the energy theoretically required to open one, that of a star or a black hole, the practical difficulties seem permanently insurmountable. Accordingly, that is going to limit space travel to something a lot slower for all civilizations. Therefore, the resources another civilization can bring here are going to be limited. That however does not eliminate two dangers. First, a weapon, say an anti-matter bomb or the ability to generate a black hole that could simply destroy the world. We probably cannot defend that. The more likely scenario is a civilization looking for a home that realizes it can't share. I would think they would have a technology to terra form our planet to make it suitable for them and not us. The issue is can we devise a defense/prevent it before it is too late. In this case, we are likely to have some time to figure it out.

Ultimately to survive as a race, humans are going to need to colonize other worlds. We are likely to do this by sending out robotic controlled ships with human embroyos aboard to be conceived when a suitable planet is reached and transformed into the human requirements. Our robots will implement the requirements. Ultimately, we will reach the moral issue should we do this to other occupied worlds or only unoccupied worlds. By definition, all suitable worlds are likely to be occupied by something, likely animal and plant life. But, where do we draw the line. If another civilization has determined that there is not a line since their survival is paramount, out chances are likely not great if they are extremely advanced and their situation is desparate.

I am guessing humans are ready to send out probes to worlds around other star systems within 200-300 years. Given that WR-104 is 8,000 light years from the earth and is considered to have potential to explode at anytime (and may already have) with a gamma ray burst that may be aimed at earth, the urgency to start colonizing is probably greater than most realize. I hope/am guessing we ultimately have contact with other civilizations and we will find out their are a set of rules for colonization that precludes threats to other intelligent species.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 01:44 AM
link   
Bio-warfarfe. A simple virus will wipe us out and they can move in with 0 casualties. No, we have no chance, sorry to burst your bubble.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by s12345

No of course we can't win a war with aliens. The point isn't to beat them. It is to understand them, which will undoubtly lead to a better understanding of WHO WE ARE.

I would be asking myself not "if I can survive an alien attack" (because they won't attack)- Rather I would ask myself "could I look an alien in the eye without becoming so terrified that I choose to attack or run away."

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by s12345
If we take a hope for the best plan for the worst approach; we assume therefore aliens exist, and there was an all out alien invasion/ attack, are we ready? I think it would be practically impossible for an attacking alien force to completely exterminate all human life: we would survive. However how decreased would our numbers be. If they were decreased enough,could we with greatly lowered numbers lose a long drawn out battle for the Earth? If our numbers were low enough, and their technology efficient enough; not requiring too much energy or able to produce all the energy they need themselves, would we lose? From an energy point of view the worst to attack, would be a completely decentralized power generation method. Our power generation is largely centralized in power stations:easy to attack: whereas if theirs were decentralized, like highly developed home photovoltaic cells: solar power: they would be difficult to attack. If their entire force had decentralized everything then they would function more like a terrorist cell: if you destroy a part, or sever a link the remainder works alone. So are we ready???

Mod Note: All Caps – Please Review This Link.
edit on January 11th 2012 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

unless a giant alien ship crash lands on Earth right in the middle of WW3, no... we are dead

unless jeff goldbloom can come up with a plan at the last sec of course.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join