It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alien attack, are we ready?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   
What's to say we are not descendants of aliens already?
Who says they are not already among us?
Why would they want to destroy us? what would they have to gain?
If it is simply earthly elements they are seeking, well they should have no trouble obtaining what they want without destroying earth.
No, humans as a race cannot prepare for such an event because the possibilities are endless. TPTB may think they are prepared, but I don't see how that can be. Hopefully they have already made some deals with them to insure our survival.

I seriously hope if they 'invade' us it will be to help us.
and I don't mean like that twilight zone episode 'to serve man'. but boy, that was a good one...

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   
I know that's a good episode. Yes, it would be great if that's the case but, what if they decided to come and claim their God-like status once and for all.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Maybe the Earths most precious element would be us? I imagine a robot servant/slave would be a great moral booster and if it were not for the moral issue, I would say that most people would love to have a few slaves. Unfortunately they may not share most Earth peoples moral sense on this issue. It may actually be cheaper to them, less valuable, easier to send to do dangerous work, or we could become soldiers: as like Genghis Khan before them use those he conquers to swell his ranks. We may use less resources to them as slaves than we would normally: a lower standard of living as individual wealth increases that persons ecofootprint whereas a slave would use very little and a machine to do the same job therefore may take more resources than a slave.
edit on 15-1-2012 by s12345 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   
The analogy of rats and other "pests" is not a good one for several reasons.

1) We have never made a global, wholesale effort to eradicate rats or any insects from the Earth. We did attempt and succeed at doing it with Smallpox though.
2) You are talking about species which are part of our own biosphere/ecology. A more accurate analogy would be for us to travel to another planet where rats live that we don't care about. I bet even today we could come up with something that could make the whole planet non-viable for the 'rats' there. You just make the atmosphere unbreathable or something like that.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   
i wouldnt say we are doomed instantly maybe they spend most of their technology time, on travel. War has helped move our technology forward for a long time. Maybe where they are this isn't the case. However if they got here and realized it was a priority, they could figure it out pretty fast.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 01:06 AM
link   
I believe man kind is not ready, was never ready, and could likely never be... No amount of technical man-made machinery, could gain our victory over a hostile "alien" attack. As I see these alien being's as not merely inter-planetary but also extra-dimensional and in their existence they may have learned the power of the metaphysical spiritual energy. Perhap's they are lacking that themselves and have instead developed immense personal psychic power's but their power's would possibly be lacking if it were not for the unknown number of collective spiritual energie's under their control. With their advanced technology.... I could forsee them having the ability of planet-killer devices capable of penetrating the earth's core and imploding it upon itself due too some crazy technology....

That's why I think there is something metaphysical going on, as they have not shown us a physical alteration in our reality (atleast for thousand's of years) The soul.... is a powerful thing, human willpower, and our quest for freedom seem like special, and inherent trait's.

Who knows maybe they would catch a cold =P and that's why they dont mess up our #
edit on 21-1-2012 by Rellentless because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 04:52 AM
link   
You know, judging from the collective life on Earth, I would postulate that human-like intelligence is exceedingly RARE in Nature, and I would apply that determination across the whole of the Cosmos.

Human-like intelligence is, we can be fairly sure, a hiccup in the Universe. Something rare and annoying.

Unfortunately, we are only prepared to fight HUMANS. That's it. We think of "aliens" in terms of deformed and foul-tempered humans. Like those creatures in "Battle Los Angeles"... OMG, was that lame. Or on any given episode of Star Trek, where everything boils down to a face-off between humanoids of basically the same level of intelligence.

See, we WANT our first contact to be with an alien species that is roughly of the same level of intelligence as us. Because we can DEAL with that.

But the FACT is that Human intelligence is a RARITY in the Universe.

More likely, an alien invasion would be so swift and merciless, we'd never know what hit us. Like spraying Raid Wasp & Hornet Killer, right? They'd probably just make a cropduster fly-over and exterminate us humans like insects. One afternoon. Done.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by thehoneycomb
reply to post by s12345

When they visit, they won't appear to many as being hostile. They will try to tempt us to come with them just like the TV series V.

I recently started watching the V from 2009. I thought it was going to be worse than the 80s because new movies usually turn out worse but it was not! I like the V series from 2009-2011 they are awesome, love them! Deeply thought and there is no #ty funny looking clowns as a lot of crap movies.

For someone not knowing about Castello and all these stories but we know where they all come from, other than the fact reptilians are presented as aliens and not coming from underground.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   
What if they come with irrefutable evidence that planet Earth is about to turn over, shift her poles, due to a balance issue caused by melting icecaps? And what if they (The Aliens) are here to rescue the human race from certain disaster? Has anyone considered this?

Here is the thing, an interstellar capable race of intelligent beings could have easily destroyed all life on Earth any time it wanted to back n the distant past before humanity was armed to the teeth with all kinds of exotic weaponry.

From my own research, I have come to believe that Humanity was actually seeded on this planet, to see what they would do, how they would evolve. I believe there were 12 root races that offered their DNA, and Humanity is but an experiment.....

I can almost hear them as they discussed this.....
"Will our creations be like us? Will they think only of themselves, fall into darkness and build weapons of destruction for the killing of each other, and anything else that come? Or will they seek Spirituality, take care of their planet, and seek knowledge of things past, and things yet to come?"

I think Humanity needs to take a real good look at what they have become, before judging any ET race a million years ahead of anything we know. Look at us. We are a barbaric race that kills for sport. We pollute everything we touch, air, water, and earth. We steal from others, land, resources, and heritage. Humanity is a virus, and a plague upon this world. Can humanity change things? Not all, time is too short. Start with your own little piece of Earth, the place where you lay your head, cook your meals, and love your family.
Earth is not a thing, to be spat upon, and conquered. Earth is a Sentient, Living Being, infused with a Divine Spirit. Time to treat Her as such, don't you think, reader?

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   
No chance

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   
1. You can't get "ready" for something you have no conceptual frame of reference for. The answer is "no".

2. Any race of sentient beings with the technical ability to traverse the cosmos can likely annihilate us piecemeal or wholesale with the mere push of a button without us ever even know what happened. In fact, the button push is probably not even required.

3. Depends on their motives. If they want our planet intact, they can just get rid of us pesky, primitive humans and move onto a beautiful world of flora and fauna. If they don't want our planet or any of the resources on it, they can just steer an asteroid or two toward us and sit back for the fireworks show (or push a different button - a la Death Ray, etc.)

This is a whimsical argument...

Face it. We can't defend ourselves against an unseen, all-powerful, vastly superior force engaging humanity with the intent to destroy. Like the proverbial hill of ants glancing up at Farmer John with his cans of Raid. We're toast.

One possible salvation: another, benevolent race intervenes on our behalf.

Now get back to work, maggots!

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by s12345

If you are familiar, 'we' have been under attack, in Brazil during the late 70s. UFOs beam rays down. We learned from the 1942 LA UFO that UFOs cannot be penetrated, so it is simple. What is not simple that people aren't ready for is that aliens did attack us and hid before our very eyes in underground bases.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   
even if aliens were on their way, we have no way of knowing if they are friendly or hostile, we have no way of knowing how technalogicly advanced they are or how their command structure works, so we might be ready we might not, there are too many variables to know the answer

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Would we be ready for an alien attack? - In a word, no. - We as a total populace aren't even ready for aliens, let alone ones that are hostile. Now, it is quite possible that a "breakaway civilization" (the like that Richard Dolan postulates) is already engaging this issue. They might be ready for an alien attack, and they may even be attacking aliens themselves as I type this. However, we are not them. The technologies we have available to us are ridiculously primitive. - The one exception to this is fission bombs/nukes, but our delivery systems for these weapons are lacking when dealing with your typical reported alien spacecraft's capabilities, or theoretical capabilities. On the bright side, since some alien races are obviously here And we are still here, it strikes me as odd to worry about an alien attack. I am more concerned personally with infiltration (aliens that look like us or humans made by aliens) influencing us in subtle ways. - As Richard Dolan points out; it's what I'd do if I was an alien.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Snowcrash
The technologies we have available to us are ridiculously primitive.

Compared to what, precisely?

Are you suggesting that you have knowledge of more advanced technologies? Let's see them.

The fact is that, as much as you may imagine other civilizations out there in the void, neither you nor anyone else is in possession of concrete proof that there is Life beyond Earth, much less more advanced technologies.

As far as Mankind and his Science are concerned, WE are the most advanced intelligence in the entire universe. In fact, the Earth may be the only planet with Life in this universe.

No, you can't use probability to argue that the odds are in favor of a universe fully populated with Life. There's no evidence whatsoever to support that probability.

Because the universe is such a complete mystery to us (and to our Science), it is equally valid to say that Earth is the ONLY world capable of supporting Life. Probability be hanged. The only evidence we have is that Earth and Earth alone harbors Life, and that our technology is the most advanced technology in the entire universe.

I speak from a position of hard proof. You speak from a position of pure fantasy.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by ZeskoWhirligan

I tend to disagree on your postulation in your post. I myself....can postulate that intelligent humanoid race's are abundant in our Universe, based on the fact that the human race has proliferated so well here on Earth.

The other-worlder's have already peaceably invaded our planet, and I quite frankly think that they want no part's of us; based on the savagery and complexity's of the human race; here on Earth.

The only thing that the human race should be ready for --- Is a mutual agreement for any terms of surrender, [if any,] to the other-worlder's. If not.... Earth could be subjected to all form's of non-nuclear/non-bio attack from the other-worlder's.

Here are a few of my postulations:

Cyber- attack on the Internet.

Total destruction of all satellite's and space probe's.

Electronic shut-down of all of the ICBM weapon sites. ie: Has aready been tried and proven with success on at least one ICBM site; by the other-worlder's.

Tidal wave attack on the seacoast's of the continents, buy the use of 500? foot diameter asteriods.[A 500 foot diameter asteroid wiil create a one mile high tsunami that would penetrate the U.S. East coast mainland to 40 miles.

Asteroid attack on all of the Earth's super volcano's, such as the one in the U.S. --- Yellowstone National Park. This event.... could foretell a dark winter that could envelope the entire Earth.

Mop-up operation's:

The use of the Foofighter [ A starship that uses a magnetically encased fusion plasma surrounding the flying saucer,]

Using common seawater as fuel for plasma generation, the Foofighter will use a computer program, that creates a vortex point in the magnetic shied, which releases the electrically charged fusion plasma with devestating results!!!

Cheers,

Erno86

edit on 23-1-2012 by Erno86 because: typo

edit on 23-1-2012 by Erno86 because: spelling

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Erno86
I tend to disagree on your postulation in your post. I myself....can postulate that intelligent humanoid race's are abundant in our Universe, based on the fact that the human race has proliferated so well here on Earth

Yet the Human species, compared to other species in the history of the Earth, is a flash in the pan. Humans have not "proliferated so well" on this planet, actually.

As a distinct species, Homo sapiens has only existed for about 250,000 years... that's half-a-heartbeat compared to some species. Our entire evolutionary lineage as mammals is only 7 million years... again, that's a blink of an eye on a geologic scale.

For the majority of our existence on Earth — like, for 245,000 years — our TINY Human population comprised of tribes of dirty, fleabitten savages, living day-to-day, slaughtering each other. For the last five or six thousand years, we've improved our living conditions somewhat, but we're still slaughtering each other, we're still burning vegetation for fuel, and we've expanded our population NOT through the strength of Natural Selection, but through DEPENDENCE on frail and faulty Scientific advances.

Seriously, if we FAILED to annually inoculate our species against, say, the latest mutation of the influenza virus, BILLIONS of people would die off in the space of a year. That means our species is WEAK and DEPENDENT, it means we couldn't survive in large numbers in the absence of Science and Medicine.

That's not exactly "proliferating so well"... Realistically, we're a very NEW species to this planet, we don't know how to live in BALANCE with Nature, and we seemingly survive only under this frail infrastructure of Science and Technology. A good solar flare or magnetic pole reversal would probably shut down our technology for a year — just long enough to kill off the great majority of our species.

edit on 23-1-2012 by ZeskoWhirligan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Detonate a nuck right next to their ship, 50MT Tsar Bomba.

I dont care what part of the universe you are from, the laws of physics are the same, and unless you can fly into a sun and come out with an unscathed ship....a nuke is gunna give you a bad day.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by ZeskoWhirligan

I know it is hard to fathom, but mankind must fill an ecological niche on this planet, just like all the other species that do the same. A certain population of any species will -- with luck--- gain an immunity to a virus, whether it mutates or not.

The main problem with humanity --- is over-population --- due to a lack of natural predator's, [ save for some space alien race that is hell bent on our destruction.] For example: The Phillippines--- Besides rice ---the human population depends on food from it's natural resources; like fish that are in steep decline. Mankind.... fills the ecological niche by the use of fish farming.

The only current remedy.... to help prevent the eventual starvation of the fillipino people is birth control. The majority of the fillipino are Catholics ---- The archdiocese opposes birth control. This kind of backward thinking by the Catholic Church will contribute to the eventual eradication of large population's of fillipino's.

Earth "life".... is based on carbon based life. I belive that carbon based life, is abundant in our Universe due to the natural order of thing's.

Your thought's?

Thanks,

Erno86

edit on 24-1-2012 by Erno86 because: spelling

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by maryhinge
reply to post by CaptObvious

i think the fact that we are capable of destroying
our own planet would stop them from trying to
wipe us out i.e. if we cant have it you cant have it
kind of defence, after all it would be the minerals
food, surps, fuel what knot

plus why wait till we get this advanced in weapons
who knows what we really have in our defence

phil

Eh, if its resources they are after, they would probably sit back and let us do the dirty work, and then proceed to collect, mine, etc. them from space.

There is no way anything we have "in our secret defense" would even hold a candle to an intergalactic species. The difference in technology would be like taking current military superpower -and placing them against- humans 50,000 years ago that have just discovered fire, or hunter gatherers from 10,000 years ago (if you would like to shorten the time gap).

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join