It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alien attack, are we ready?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   
If we take a hope for the best plan for the worst approach; we assume therefore aliens exist, and there was an all out alien invasion/ attack, are we ready? I think it would be practically impossible for an attacking alien force to completely exterminate all human life: we would survive. However how decreased would our numbers be. If they were decreased enough,could we with greatly lowered numbers lose a long drawn out battle for the Earth? If our numbers were low enough, and their technology efficient enough; not requiring too much energy or able to produce all the energy they need themselves, would we lose? From an energy point of view the worst to attack, would be a completely decentralized power generation method. Our power generation is largely centralized in power stations:easy to attack: whereas if theirs were decentralized, like highly developed home photovoltaic cells: solar power: they would be difficult to attack. If their entire force had decentralized everything then they would function more like a terrorist cell: if you destroy a part, or sever a link the remainder works alone. So are we ready???

Mod Note: All Caps – Please Review This Link.
edit on January 11th 2012 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Mod Note (This Appears On Every New Thread/Post Reply Page):
Please make sure every post matters.
Refrain from 1-line or very-minimal responses.
Edit-down your quoted posts to the important part.
Don't use "txting" shorthand in posts.
Use snippets and links for external content.
Provide meaningful comments for links, pictures, and videos.

edit on January 11th 2012 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by s12345

So are we ready???

To take on race of super beings with technology lightyears ahead of own. Yeah I think we're ready, bring em on.

link   
reply to post by s12345

When they visit, they won't appear to many as being hostile. They will try to tempt us to come with them just like the TV series V.

link   
If they are here to attack us, then they have already won.
They'd have the technology and know-how to get here and win.
There is no 'are we ready' ... we aren't.
We couldn't hope to match their power any time soon.
Not when half of this planet is living in poverty or trying to ignorantly drag humanity back a thousand years.
(sharia law).

We'd be doomed. No question.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   
No one can tell what happens if aliens would attack earth, because no one knows what weapons they have, or what their intentions are.
But I think...no one would survive if they just want to destroy us. They could probably destroy the whole planet.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by s12345

Alien attack, huh?

First... if I may be a little bit of a critic, drop the all-caps headliner. (PS - I see you did

Second, go to the 'Search' button and type in 'Alien Attack' to see what's already been said on the subject.

Finally, if aliens ever do attack... and I don't mean illegal aliens, there won't be the handsome battles we saw in the movies ID4 and Battle:LA. Our invaders will destroy our ability to communicate, shut down our contact with our satellites, waste entire population centers and leave us in the condition we might imagine after a full nuclear exchange.

We won't win and we won't stand much a chance of surviving to win later. If we ever run across a species as aggressive as ourselves, who have the technology to find us first, our ass is grass before we get a chance to say 'Hello and welcome to...'

Cheers

edit on 11-1-2012 by redoubt because: update

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Are we ready? Uh, no. We are not ready. We can not be ready because we have no idea what is attacking, or how they are attacking. We have no clue as to what weaponry they will employ or what tactics they will use. Logic would state that we would be doomed simply by the fact that they have the ability to get here from another star. Also, in the event that they are hostile we would be foolish to assume we were the only other planet that they have ever attacked.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptObvious

This is a theory worth considering. Aliens were an ancient civilization like humans that feared a cataclysm and fled on spaceships to colonize other places in the solar system, kinda like humans want to do now.

In space their is no time, especially if you are not in orbit around the sun, if you colonized a place like mars at the very least time would slow down. Therefore they live longer and they would learn more and become more advanced technologically. The problem they would have though is that human bodies are meant to be nourished by the natural resources and time of there ancestral home planet. So they have a need for organs etc as they live longer, but their bodies degenerate.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   
They don't even have to exist to kill us.... the media can create them in our minds and tell us we should take some pill and we'd kill ourselves.

In that sense, would we even exist to them?

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   
chuck norris survives
sadly the rest of us die

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   
The reality TV we broadcast out into the stars is an effective deterrent. No truly advanced species would come close lest our stupidity turn out to be contagious.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptObvious

i think the fact that we are capable of destroying
our own planet would stop them from trying to
wipe us out i.e. if we cant have it you cant have it
kind of defence, after all it would be the minerals
food, surps, fuel what knot

plus why wait till we get this advanced in weapons
who knows what we really have in our defence

phil

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   
It won't end like the movie Independence day, remember that.....

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   
My first thought was no, but then I started to think.

If you were going to attack a planet, the first thing you would do is send out a scouting party to size up strengths and weaknesses.
So given the fact most peps here think our governments are hiding advanced technology, maybe they know this and stay away or keep a low profile. Then again if they did attack, would not the powers that be let the cat out the bag and give the technology to the people to help defend out homes.

I am assuming that most people here have seen that video clip of some sort of laser being fired from earth at a moving object in space. Who knows what we really have....xxxxx billion black project gives you more then a pea shooter.

IMHO

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   
They already did...

we are the descendents of the survivors

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon
They already did...

we are the descendents of the survivors

Does that mean that we won? Wow, who'd a thunk it.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by s12345

Since we don't know any alien civilizations, nor do we know what technologies they would be using (other than they would have to be more advanced than we are), I would have to say that we have no way to know if we are ready or not.

Maybe they would annihilate all life on this planet within a heart beat........maybe the common cold would wipe them out likewise.

You gotta love H G Wells

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   
I'm personally ready for alien attack. I got my Big 5 cheapie Mossberger 9-shot pump shotgun under my bed and a box of wide spread bird shot. If that doesn't stop them, then I figure we're all doomed, anyway.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   
We have huge plans incase of invasion and weapons/tactics to help fight against invasions of this type, The proticol and rules are massive, it is a known fact that IF we found our planet at risk of alien invasion, ALL countrys and man are to come together even if that includs a country we are at war with ALL political debates and fall out are to put aside and we join arms. This is something that includeds black project weapons and tactics all the way down the line to what the last lone survivours are to follow, All soldiers who are trained for this are taught last minute proticol. I know it sounds silly but theres 1000s of soldiers taught with maybe no idea the trianing they receive is for this instance, Hope there listening and paying attention lol there is a 3 hour documentry on this matter. called When aliens attack, some people dont believe it but if you research some of the weapons ect its seems very plausable, and what is said seems pretty commen sense so i find it hard to disbelieve it.?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join