It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alien attack, are we ready?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by 0bserver1
It won't end like the movie Independence day, remember that.....

in the book, the damage is worldwide, plus aliens survived the mothership destruction

years later theres still a ground war. plus the dozens of crashed alien ships littering the world

and the millions dead. i wonder if the planned 2 sequels will show this

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by s12345
If we take a hope for the best plan for the worst approach; we assume therefore aliens exist, and there was an all out alien invasion/ attack, are we ready? I think it would be practically impossible for an attacking alien force to completely exterminate all human life: we would survive. However how decreased would our numbers be. If they were decreased enough,could we with greatly lowered numbers lose a long drawn out battle for the Earth? If our numbers were low enough, and their technology efficient enough; not requiring too much energy or able to produce all the energy they need themselves, would we lose? From an energy point of view the worst to attack, would be a completely decentralized power generation method. Our power generation is largely centralized in power stations:easy to attack: whereas if theirs were decentralized, like highly developed home photovoltaic cells: solar power: they would be difficult to attack. If their entire force had decentralized everything then they would function more like a terrorist cell: if you destroy a part, or sever a link the remainder works alone. So are we ready???

Mod Note: All Caps – Please Review This Link.
edit on January 11th 2012 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

It would not be possible to repel any such attack by a race so technologically advanced as to be able to transport an attack force to Earth. Look at it this way... What would happen if today's US military for example was to fight a war against the US military from 100 years ago? So basically World War I soldiers and weapons against today's. Do you really think they would have a chance? What about 1000 year ago forces? Year 1012 military against current military? How long do you think they would last? Now picture a very small (cosmically speaking) 1 million years - that is one thousand thousand. What do you think the technology would be like a thousand time the difference between our current tech and 1012 tech? Do you really think we would stand a chance? Actually, odds are that any space faring race we encounter would be MANY millions of years ahead of us. Perhaps BILLIONS. No chance.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   
People seem to believe that a more technological species will easily exterminate a lower species. How about rats: they are an omnivorous mammal like ourselves and we have been attacking them for a very long time: they are less intelligent, less technological and yet they still survive. Any species with a large enough population and enough genetic diversity will be extremely difficult to kill off. If a weapon targeted a particular dna evern if the dna seems to include all life their is always the possibility of a mutant unknown. There are people with too many of different chromosomes and most do not know. The entire population has never been rigorously tested. There are even people with too many dna helixes: they appear like us in every way, but would they be vulnerable. Look at Hiroshima: people still survived.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Watch "Independence Day" again and ask yourself "Do we really have a chance?". Easy answer is a resounding NO. If aliens attacked we're all doomed.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   
They knew we were here way before they came. They know all about us, and as they approach Earth, just one modified alien could probably get a good fix on us by absorbing every TV and radio transmission we ever put out.
Just like we are getting to know little bits about Mars and the Moon. And that's reason enough for me to think that they have no intention of attacking.

If abduction literature is anything to go by, they are "attacking" by stealth anyway. If they want sperm and eggs, then they probably want healthy sperm and eggs. Healthy humans so that they can study emotions.

That would mean NOT gassing the planet, NOT allowing Nuclear materials to pollute the atmosphere, NOT allowing asteroids to destroy the livestock and NOT revealing (to the livestock) what it is they are actually up to.

IMHO they see us as cows or sheep. Framers are nice to cows and sheep for obvious reasons.
edit on 12/1/2012 by objectman because: clarity

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Suppose they exist and have came here by whatever means. Maybe they view us as insignificant creatures, like rodents or insects. They can accomplish what they came for and leave, but when the rodents become to many they exterminate masses. As for being ready? If so far technically advanced they could take down our systems, but they would still need some type of grunts to do a ground assault as large groups of troops I feel would be destroyed easily but the ones bunkered down would take a different approach.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by s12345
How about rats: they are an omnivorous mammal like ourselves and we have been attacking them for a very long time: they are less intelligent, less technological and yet they still survive.

Yeah and the rats nearly took out half our population with biological warfare

edit on 12-1-2012 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 01:34 AM
link   
reply to post by s12345

Who cares?

If aliens were to fly in and try to eradicate the human race, I guarantee 70% of the ATS members would be rooting for them in hopes that the Evil United States government doesnt get a victory over the Aliens.

Im sure you would all hope the aliens would win, and then claim that the aliens didnt attack first but the evil, wretched US government faked an alien attack in a black ops attack and that the satelittes we sent in to space were an act of war on the Alien species, and we deserve everything the aliens do.

Seeing as how all of you look at things irationally and love to cheer against the United States.

And dont even get mad at my post, you know this would be true...you all love to hate america

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 01:43 AM
link   
The only preparation we'll have is massive evacuations and to deploy all military forces and weapons which will all resort to no effect against these advanced beings. If there crafts can out-fly our fastest stealth fighter jet and power off missiles. Then tough luck, as the rules of colonization the indigenous population will either be enslaved or destroyed.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 02:09 AM
link   
It's funny how everyone thinks we as a race will band together in the event of an alien attack on our planet, that borders and walls will fall, and everyone will suddenly stand shoulder to shoulder and repel the invaders.
First of all the energy required to cross the distance between stars is so massive, that the weapons these beings could come up with would flash fry the planet and still have enough left over to cook their dinners once they're finished.
Realistically, if you wanted to wipe out a native population the easiest way would be by weather manipulation. Flood the planet, burn it, earthquake it to the ground, send out a virus that wipes us out in one big hit. That way you leave much of the resources untouched once you've taken out the resistance. In addition, you wouldn't just fly in guns blazing and hope for the best, you'd sit back for a decade or two and see what makes your enemy tick, so that you can come up with the quickest way to despatch them.
We've seen rudimentary weather manipulation in our own species, so it seems feasible an advanced race would be able to turn our world upside down without even dropping a single bomb.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 02:11 AM
link   
reply to post by bodybagPAT

With the most advanced and one of the largest militaries in the world? Most likely our best shot at even fighting back, even if it is a losing battle? I would like to say, no, I hope they don't just destroy the US. The rest of us are pretty boned in that event...

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 02:12 AM
link   
No, were not and we won't be for about another thousand years. Any society capable of interstellar travel would eradicate us like roaches only easier. There is no debate on the issue.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 02:30 AM
link   
We are under an alien attack right now.

The Jewish people think they are a bloodline over and above all others on Earth. They've spread out and infiltrated every country on earth to defeat the mud-blood humans and take control of the planet.

You lost. The aliens (Jewish blood) defeated you, ZION is here.

The are actually a sect of the Anannuki that survived when Sumerians were nuked. They protect their bloodline as their DNA is........alien.

We are witnessing an alien race exterminate all on Earth. They've killed hundreds of millions globally the last few decades...Billions will be dead within months.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 03:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by 74TemplarRealistically, if you wanted to wipe out a native population the easiest way would be by weather manipulation. Flood the planet, burn it, earthquake it to the ground, send out a virus that wipes us out in one big hit. That way you leave much of the resources untouched once you've taken out the resistance. In addition, you wouldn't just fly in guns blazing and hope for the best, you'd sit back for a decade or two and see what makes your enemy tick, so that you can come up with the quickest way to despatch them.

There's a much easier method: Simply launch some large asteroids on a crash course to Earth. Believe it or not, there is no current technology that we have to deflect such large asteroids that are capable of destroying human civilization.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by MathematicalPhysicist

There is that one too, which is really the point. Why send in troops, weapons, bombs, etc? Even with advanced tech they would be drawn into a long fight. Easier way is to use our own nature and biology against us. I mean hell, if you believe in HAARP our own government is doing it right now, so why wouldn't an invading force do it?

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by steveo007
How can anyone be certain they are hostile?

The assumption is that what happens here on Earth as far as "nature" is concerned also extends out into the galaxy. That means organic creatures adopt various ways for their species to survive, many of which involve hunting, killing and eating other creatures. We're the prime example of that. So we might be wrong, but we can assume that any intelligent species that manages to live long enough to develop spaceflight is probably smarter, tougher, and more necessarily brutal than most other species on their planet. And as they expand out into space, they'll encounter other species either as brutal or more brutal than they are.

So if they manage to survive for any length of time sailing around the highly competitive galaxy, they are going to be extremely nasty and tough and smart.

That doesn't bode well for us at this time.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by 74Templar
It's funny how everyone thinks we as a race will band together in the event of an alien attack on our planet, that borders and walls will fall, and everyone will suddenly stand shoulder to shoulder and repel the invaders.

Oh, not me. I imagine we'll present a variety of responses. There will be a large number of people who want to make peace or make a deal with the aliens. There will be many individuals who will subvert humanity and work with the aliens for their own selfish reasons. A lot of how it turns out will depend on how the aliens respond. But even if it clearly came down to us versus them, there's no guarantee that all the countries in the world would join together to fight.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Blue Shift

Have to agree, sorry, I didn't use my sarcastic tone of typing when writing that...

Ever seen the end of Titanic? Pretty much replace the ship with a UFO and there it is...

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by redoubt
reply to post by s12345

Alien attack, huh?

First... if I may be a little bit of a critic, drop the all-caps headliner. (PS - I see you did

Second, go to the 'Search' button and type in 'Alien Attack' to see what's already been said on the subject.

Finally, if aliens ever do attack... and I don't mean illegal aliens, there won't be the handsome battles we saw in the movies ID4 and Battle:LA. Our invaders will destroy our ability to communicate, shut down our contact with our satellites, waste entire population centers and leave us in the condition we might imagine after a full nuclear exchange.

We won't win and we won't stand much a chance of surviving to win later. If we ever run across a species as aggressive as ourselves, who have the technology to find us first, our ass is grass before we get a chance to say 'Hello and welcome to...'

Cheers

edit on 11-1-2012 by redoubt because: update

This post is win.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   
But we are more technological than lost of pests but we still ave problems exterminating them. Our numbers are large and would make us very difficult to eliminate altogether and so I think we may lose but would still survive. That does not mean that we couldn't be turned into a slave race, although why an advanced species would want slaves at all is an admitted slight problem with that line of reasoning. I suppose there are still child workers in India so why not.I suppose we could be cheaper than a machine.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join