It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

our DNA reacts to our bodies emotions even when miles away

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+88 more 
posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   
According to these studies our human hearts are the most eletromagnetic part of our body and extend a energy field 8 feet away from our heart and seem to transmit some sort of emotional energy miles away at the speed of light or faster. Is emotion a type of energy field and is it infact faster or equal to the speed of light?

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Foxy1

i may be the only person on here that thinks this is awesome. thanks for posting this.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Foxy1

That's very interesting.

If there is indeed a field present here I wonder how much it intermingles with the fields of people around us. Such an interesting thought, I've never considered anything like that before. If this is true, and there exists a real tangible field around the individual that connects to others, that could explain several things. It could explain the "spark" between couples, the affect of large gatherings of people at emotional events, and possibly even access to the global network of "common" sense. Common in the idea that we share access to that intuitive ability.

It make me wonder what would happen to those who venture into space on trips like the 100 year starship that is in the works. What sort of range could we expect this field, if it exists, to have? And what are the effects of leaving this field? Hmm..

Awesome thought provoking video, thanks for posting it!

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   
This is outstanding! Maybe they can look into the emotional effects of dna after someone dies? That would indeed be rather interesting
great thread! !!
edit on 10-1-2012 by ShamilAbdullah because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mapkar
reply to post by Foxy1

That's very interesting.

If there is indeed a field present here I wonder how much it intermingles with the fields of people around us. Such an interesting thought, I've never considered anything like that before. If this is true, and there exists a real tangible field around the individual that connects to others, that could explain several things. It could explain the "spark" between couples, the affect of large gatherings of people at emotional events, and possibly even access to the global network of "common" sense. Common in the idea that we share access to that intuitive ability.

It make me wonder what would happen to those who venture into space on trips like the 100 year starship that is in the works. What sort of range could we expect this field, if it exists, to have? And what are the effects of leaving this field? Hmm..

Awesome thought provoking video, thanks for posting it!

in string theory dejavu is described as "Quantum Entanglement". but in quantum entanglement it can go a little further than deja-vu. let me give you an example... A woman saved a boy who was hit by a softball early in his life at a little league game, only to be saved by the same boy as an adult in a restaurant he was working at while she was choking.
as far as leaving the earths natural electromagnetic field...It has been documented that astronauts have to wear a device that simulates the earth's magnetic field while in space to prevent memory loss upon re-entry of earth's atmosphere.
So you are not far off from the truth.
edit on 10-1-2012 by Foxy1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Nope, your not the only person. I too say thanks for the post!
It just solidifies my belief we are all connected and that believing that and loving each other would unlock a power greater than any sun... Sounds goofy. But I never said I wasn't goofy.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   
holy crap this is awesome!

how does dna being physically apart from the donor still react accordingly??

this is some crazy powerful stuff..wonder how this means for the power of thought

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   
This would explain the reports of transplant patients picking up on traits of the donor. It would also explain the connection between some twins.

However, I would like to know more about these studies. I'm surprised these studies haven't been picked up by more mainstream studies.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   
I read a article along these lines that had to do with a process where one part of a organism living near the bottom of the ocean received energy from the sun from its counterpart near the surface ...some sort of quantum entanglement ...good post op ...peace

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Great thread! Will have to do more research on this, but even reading the title made me go 'hmmm.'

I believe we an effect many things with just our electromagnetic force, and read a study jot too long ago about being able to feel someone staring at you.

Star and flag from me!

Pred...

+39 more 
posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   
I just finished watching the vid and long before it finished, it was plainly obvious that this was yet another example of nothing more than "new age or pseudo science".
The presenter gave ZERO, let me repeat that, ZERO ... evidence from a scientific research point of view. There was NO explanation as to how the donor dna was monitored for changes. All we're asked to believe is that the donor dna somehow "responded" to the "emotional state" of the test subject ... just some babble about the donor dna "loosening" or "contracting" in some mysterious manner. How was the donor dna sustained/preserved during the test ? How was the "loosening" or "contraction" measured in real time ?

Never ceases to amaze me how so many posters simply accept on blind faith alone crap such as this and go oooohhh ... ahhhhh .... how amazing and world changing

Now, why the heck do we NOT have an ability to post negative flags/comments when presented with such inanity ? I'd certainly give one of each ... in the meantime, I'll have to be satisfied giving

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by tauristercus

watch the video at 1:06 it shows the correlation of the subjects emotional peaks and lows match the contraction and expansion of the dna perfectly. Keep in mind that this was a military experiment.

+6 more 
posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Foxy1

First, Gregg Braden is famous for distorting science. He's into metaphysics and you can't take anything he says seriously, if you're interested in science.

His source for this experiment is Cleve Baxter, who apparently thinks plants have brains:
plant perception (a.k.a. the Backster effect)

It would never occur to a plant or animal physiologist to test plants for consciousness or ESP because their knowledge would be sufficient to rule out the possibility of plants having feelings or perceptions on the order of human feeling or perception. In layman's terms, plants don't have brains or anything similar to brains. One may as well speak of bacteria or viruses as having brains and nervous systems.

However, a person completely ignorant of plant and animal science has not only tested plants for perception and feeling, he claims that he has scientific proof that plants experience a wide range of emotions and thoughts. He also claims that plants can read human minds. His name is Cleve Backster and he published his research in the International Journal of Parapsychology ("Evidence of a Primary Perception in Plant Life," vol. 10, no. 4, Winter 1968, pp. 329-348). He tested his plants on a polygraph machine and found that plants react to thoughts and threats.
Mainstream science has refuted Baxter's claims, but this doesn't prevent people from believing whatever they want to believe:

Backster has become the darling of several occult, parapsychological and pseudoscientific notions. His work has been cited in defense of dowsing,* various forms of energy healing,* remote viewing,* and the Silva mind control program (now known as the Silva method)....

Why does nearly the entire scientific community ignore him? The answer should be obvious.
Well it's obvious to me, but apparently it might not be obvious to some gullible people who think that Gregg Braden really talks about science and Cleve Baxter should get the Nobel prize.

The bottom line is this should have been posted in the metaphysics forum. It's not accepted by mainstream science, and Cleve Baxter's work is mostly dismissed by mainstream science.

Originally posted by Daughter2
However, I would like to know more about these studies. I'm surprised these studies haven't been picked up by more mainstream studies.
Did I satisfactorily explain why this hasn't happened?

Nobody in the scientific community believes what Baxter says. That's probably the only truthful thing Gregg Braden said in the entire video, mixed in with all his new age BS. Replication experiments have failed to reproduce his results.
edit on 10-1-2012 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Foxy1
reply to post by tauristercus

watch the video at 1:06 it shows the correlation of the subjects emotional peaks and lows match the contraction and expansion of the dna perfectly. Keep in mind that this was a military experiment.

Sorry, but no such evidence was presented.
All that was shown was a "single" graph repeated for a 2nd time. Both graphs were identical and therefore giving the impression that they were in synchronization in a "cause/effect" manner. No evidence whatsoever was presented indicating that one graph came from the test subject and the other graph from the donor dna.

As for Doc Childre, the founder of the HeartMath Institute, anyone care to locate his scientific credentials or any peer reviewed papers by him in any of the "recognized" scientific publications ?

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

This scientist does not claim this research is coming from another scientist involved in botany, the first thing he states in this vid is this is a military experiment. perhaps you are referring to another experiment?

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Incredibly interesting, never knew that about our heart. Absolutely amazing, thank you so much for linking this.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Foxy1

These scientists have found that the heart has its own independent nervous system – a complex system referred to as "the brain in the heart." There are at least forty thousand neurons (nerve cells) in the heart – as many as are found in various subcortical centers of the brain.

The heart is sort of a "mini-brain" in a way.

www.therealessentials.com...

+1 more 
posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   

reply to post by Arbitrageur

This scientist does not claim this research is coming from another scientist involved in botany, the first thing he states in this vid is this is a military experiment. perhaps you are referring to another experiment?

A military experiment, huh ?
In that case, please go right ahead and post a link to that specific military experiment and the peer reviewed results obtained confirming the "alleged" findings.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   

This scientist does not claim this research is coming from another scientist involved in botany, the first thing he states in this vid is this is a military experiment. perhaps you are referring to another experiment (perhaps the nobel prize one)?
What scientist? Do you mean Gregg Braden? He isn't a scientist.

Did you watch the video?

Gregg Braden mentions Cleve Baxter by name and even shows a picture of him.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by IEtherianSoul9
reply to post by Foxy1

These scientists have found that the heart has its own independent nervous system – a complex system referred to as "the brain in the heart." There are at least forty thousand neurons (nerve cells) in the heart – as many as are found in various subcortical centers of the brain.

The heart is sort of a "mini-brain" in a way.

www.therealessentials.com...

Nope .... the heart is a muscle and has NO processing or computational capabilities in any way comparable to the brain.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join