It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An odd revelation concerning the rumbling/buzzing sound phenomena.

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by kdog1982
reply to post by speculativeoptimist

From my source working with fracking,They drill holes and drop charges that explode causing the shale to fracture.
Thus the name fracting.. Fracture and extraction.

But here is what they are saying how they do it.

Hydraulic fracturing is the propagation of fractures in a rock layer caused by the presence of a pressurized fluid. Hydraulic fractures may form naturally, as in the case of veins or dikes, or may be man-made in order to release petroleum, natural gas, coal seam gas, or other substances for extraction, where the technique is often called fracking[a] or hydrofracking.[1] This type of fracturing, known colloquially as a frack job (or frac job),[2][3] is done from a wellbore drilled into reservoir rock formations. The energy from the injection of a highly-pressurized fracking fluid creates new channels in the rock which can increase the extraction rates and ultimate recovery of fossil fuels. The fracture width is typically maintained after the injection by introducing a proppant into the injected fluid. Proppant is a material, such as grains of sand, ceramic, or other particulates, that prevent the fractures from closing when the injection is stopped.[citation needed] The practice of hydraulic fracturing has come under scrutiny internationally due to concerns about the environmental impact, health and safety, and has been suspended or banned in some countries.[4]

en.wikipedia.org...

Which is not entirely true,from my sources,unaware that I KNOW ALL ABOUT IT.

YES according to the video i watched today they do set off explosives to punch holes in the tunnels they drill.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   
stealty cat, the weather can effect and amplify sounds. The shorline ampitheatre in northern calif has this happen when it is cloudy and the conditions are right, the concert can be heard (loudly) in a neighborhood 5 miles away!

the police finally would get calls complaining about the loud music and it took some time before they figured it out.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   
I wish I had known to be more aware of this before today. I woke up at 4:30 this morning to an awful rumbling noise, and as soon as I woke up enough to determine if I was half asleep or what (been having a rough time staying asleep lately) I realized my boyfriend was awakened by it too (he sleeps like the dead seriously.) I went outside to smoke a cigarette and it was def loud but I couldn't figure out where it was coming from.... I'm in Northern VA so I pretty much wrote it off in my head as a "who knows what the **** the government is doing now" but after reading so many other accounts that is SUPER weird. I'm pretty new to ATS and have no idea what "fracking" is, but I'm going to go research it now that everyone is talking about it....

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by pasiphae

Originally posted by StealthyKat
reply to post by Quibbler

Your state is being fracked to pieces! I think that's why yall have been having so many small quakes this year....check out those maps....Texas is covered with fracking sites. I was shocked to find out there are 73 in my parish alone and I never even knew it!

yep. texas, arkansas, louisianna, mississippi, tennessee ... all fracking like crazy!

i'm in central texas.

Let me turn you on to texas sharon.

www.texassharon.com...

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

Man, these operations are the source of numerous loud noises!
Underground Explosions, truck thumping, megawater pumping, pressure release of gas, drilling, and these sounds can travel for miles.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

Yeah, they've been fracking about 5 miles away from my house for the past 6 months and then a gas rig RIGHT behind our house...really annoying. But the two sounds are distinguishable from each other. It's hard to describe the difference though. It may just be the way the sound hits the air at a particular time...atmospheric pressure or moisture or light refracted off of Venus. I dunno, that may be what it is.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   
This is how the process is done

But,according to my buddy at work,whose son is in the business,they are dropping explosives down there.
I asked him several times about that and he was firm on his answer.

Folks,we are being lied to many times over.
edit on 10-1-2012 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

www.forcedgreen.com...

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   

But,according to my buddy at work,whose son is in the business,they are dropping explosives down there.

www.forcedgreen.com...

this give some more details. it's 17 minutes but worth the watch.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   

www.forcedgreen.com...

I almost went to work for a major company (Schlumberger) that was starting to do Fracking in Pennsylvania, and West Virginia... they flew me out to where they train employees as part of the interview, and showed me how it all worked.... Schlumberger does indeed only use a drill bit to get into position, a giant burst of air to put holes in the rock, then they fill the area with their fluid to pull the oil out of the rock. I know this because they showed me it how was done, and have a piece of rock that they had used the air on, that they cross-sectioned. It was a world record shot of air, they seemed pretty proud of it.... The noises I heard at the training center are nothing like what these people are hearing....

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by longtermproject

www.forcedgreen.com...

I almost went to work for a major company (Schlumberger) that was starting to do Fracking in Pennsylvania, and West Virginia... they flew me out to where they train employees as part of the interview, and showed me how it all worked.... Schlumberger does indeed only use a drill bit to get into position, a giant burst of air to put holes in the rock, then they fill the area with their fluid to pull the oil out of the rock. I know this because they showed me it how was done, and have a piece of rock that they had used the air on, that they cross-sectioned. It was a world record shot of air, they seemed pretty proud of it.... The noises I heard at the training center are nothing like what these people are hearing....

But how would it sound miles away?

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Sensi

When I heard this last year during march/april in oregon it was very similar. It was a cloudy day maybe wiht bits of rain. The noise sounds like a low rumbling from a big truck nearby, except it seems to come from everywhere. It lasted for maybe 10 minutes. My opinion is it's a weather phenomena. I forget the name of it, but it's a type of thunder that's somehow propogated by the atmosphere and spread over a large area. This was the first time I've heard it, though. I'm 34.
edit on 10-1-2012 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Here is an interesting video about these strange sounds.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Haven't experienced anything in the New Orleans metro. But then again there are so many trains, trucks that run at all hours of night and the interstate isn't far, so frankly I wouldn't even notice it as unusual.
Very curious that someone is hearing this in my neck of the woods, though.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Sensi

Hi. Been reading this site for a long time, but this is my very first post because of a personal incident. The same thing happened in Florida just after 11:00 pm a few nights ago. Average, normal night. Wife was in kitchen, I was in another room. All of a sudden she began yelling my name so I jumped up and ran to see what was up. She had already walked outside ahead of me. As soon as I stepped outside, there was a very loud, steady rumbling sound in the sky. It was literally shaking the windows of our home. We know very clearly what planes sound like, fireworks, etc. This was like nothing we had heard before. It seemed to stay in one place somewhere in the atmosphere above and continued on for approximately 3 - 5 minutes. All of a sudden, it just cut off...just stopped like someone flipping a switch! It was rather unsettling, to say the least.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   
i heard this sound too. it was 5:00 in the morning just before day break and i heard a slow steady droning sound coming overhead.

it was an over cast day and i went to the balcony to see where it was because it sounded very close. maybe 300-400 ft.

i tracked it with my ears but couldn't see it. it was eerie and gave me the chills. for what ever reason it reminded me of a sentinel drone from the matrix.

i got the impression it was patrolling the area. very freaky. i got to wonder what happens when everybody is sleeping.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by watchdog

I first started hearing the HUM in August 2002, the first night we moved into our new home. As soon as I put my head on the pillow I could hear it and feel it thru my body. I haven't spoken about it until this year when my mother who lives 150 miles away asked me if I was hearing a strange electronic or metallic hum deep in my ear. I don't remember what we were talking about or how the subject come up. I told her I do hear it and we both said
"that's weird" and that was the end of it. But it really does drive me crazy and there is nothing that stops it until it stops itself. I don't know if I can get it on tape because this one feels like it is coming from the earth. My husband thinks it is the Amtrak station about 3 miles away, but the sounds from that are different. I can tell when the trains are running or sitting on the track, being an engine they have fluctuating/changing sounds. But this hum starts without warning is frightenly steady and then just goes away.

I watched the you tube videos on the HUM, and when I started hearing it I also became ill....depression, anxiety, fibromyalgia and migraines...all started out of nowhere and continue to this day as does the hum.
edit on 10-1-2012 by timetothink because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by speculativeoptimist

Nope, not the sound...they are too unsteady.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by shutdownormeltdown

Yes I to feel strange when I hear it, sometimes it feels like my ear canal slams shut, it is just too much to take.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Maybe we are hearing the sound of a polar shift.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Fracking ...........Just another way man is abusing this beautiful planet of ours.....what is it going to take to stop? Oh wait , I don't have to worry about that because everything we are doing will eventually destroy the entire planet and human race.

So tired of TPTB

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join