It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An odd revelation concerning the rumbling/buzzing sound phenomena.

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   
I'm a member of several local anti-fracking groups. The process is done by boring a hole and injecting high pressure water & chemicals underground causing the bedrock to shatter & release the natural gas. It is possible these sounds are related to fracking, although I have never personally heard fracking. I would imaging it could be quite a loud task. Fracking is one of the worse things we can do to our planet. Man-made earthquakes. Air, soil & water contamination by methane.
[For anyone that's interested, check out the documentary "Gasland." Fracking has also been proven to cause flammable tap water. Just watch "Gasland." It's a life-changer.
edit on 10-1-2012 by klhbrown because: Font size didn't work & made my post look stupid with all the [size/] things. Lol.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   
From what I can find there is no fracking near me, NY had a ban, can't see that it was lifted yet.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

Would if be possible for you to send me a link to the fracking locations site? It would be much appreciated! Thankies!!!

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Again, i would like to thank all that have replied. (Don't have time for personal responses) This has been a much better thread than i expected. All in all, i feel we can all agree on 3 points though. We all describe the sound to be close, if not exactly the same. We haven't found any sources that could actually be the cause. No one has located a source. I feel if it was caused by fracking, we could have located where it was coming from. Another reason i cast the idea of fracking aside is that the places closer to where the fracking was occurring would hear the noise much louder, almost at a deafening volume if it is as loud as it sounds here.. How do you guys feel about that?

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Sensi

Overcast skies often = what..? Storms somewhere. This seems to be strong indication that in many cases (perhaps not all) it is in fact odd rolling thunder as I suspected all along... Depending on terrain rolling thunder can sound very "odd" and different than it usually does, the thunder sound can effectively get trapped in terrain and echo constantly creating a constant hum, I've witnessed it myself. The sound can also travel very far so just because it doesn't seem to be thundering or storming where you are, doesn't mean it's not miles and miles away.

Of course, the conspiracy people always just brush this explanation off because it's not fantastical enough or they've "heard thunder before" so they arrogantly think they know what all instances of thunder will sound like, so it will be ignored as usual in favor of conspiracy theories.
edit on 11-1-2012 by darkest4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 11:59 PM
link   
I've heard the rumbling sound in the past, and there's no fracking occurring in the greater Los Angeles area where I live. I've been trying to borrow a sound meter from work to record the sound, heard the sound twice in 2011, haven't heard it again this year. of course in LA there's always planes in the air, but the sound they make rises and falls as they fly about, they don't stay at a steady drone for hours. hearing the rumbling caught my attention before ever reading about this strange phenomenon, but without more evidence and correlating data it's just a bunch of people noticing "something".........

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by darkest4

Rumbling clouds/rolling thunder probably does explain some peoples experiences with "rumbling sounds" However I know from my own experience that I heard a sound that lasted for 2.5 hours the first night and would occur on days that were bright and sunny without a cloud in sight. When we are talking about sounds that people hear we are talking about peoples subjective experiences and that is not good enough to pin down a source. Hence we get theories from fracking to motherships. The recordings help but still we are discussing events from all over the world with adults that have a "catalog" of known noises in their heads, this noise is disturbing enough to the people perceiving it that we are talking about it here. If I had heard just a strange thunder once, I would not be talking about this online and researching anomolous sounds ten years later. Check out my signature for my experience with this.
edit on 11-1-2012 by nitro67 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by GLontra

ok i cannot verify or confirm this completely but i was on ats last night around that time and heard strange noises outside too. They were loud mechanical sounds.... and they seemed to be coming from North of me. right over a lake. i did not open the windows, or go outside, i took note of it and went to bed....

now umm im in south dakota.

and tonight i feel terrible, i was horrifyingly tired all day and now im not able to sleep for the life of me i feel wired like anxious, body tense, achy, eyes feel like they are drooping in my head. ive decided to not lay there and try to sleep but to see if i hear it again. because there is NO way in the world that there is anyone on the lake making these noises, i live in a very very small quiet area, lightly populated and only a few year round famlies.

SO.... even if there was someone on the lake... the thing is they would be swimming. it has completely un frozen, yesterday during the day i walked around the houe picking up a stray bird feeder that had blown off my house... i noticed that the lillies are coming up on one side. its frickin january! and its been in the 60s

ugh i dono what to think other than the engines of these crafts are heating up the face of the earth while they do something strange at night and these must be massive #ing crafts.

my boyfriend has also seen several times on his way to work on his commute, a blinking light but not a tower or star, or plane or anything else explainable, then would come a quick red beam up to it it would blink out and vanish. both times he saw it in the same spot.... i am going to ask him to try to film this phenomena.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by odinson
Check out the thread conversations with a 6 year old. Just like in the movie Independence Day, there was a message hidden in the signal. Some people tried to break it down but no luck. For some reason only young kids can hear it. When I played it it gave me a head ache.

whoa! that is freaky! I didn't read it because I thought the thread had something to do with school or something like that..

NOW I'm REALLY interested.. !!!

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by nitro67

Fair enough, and I don't think rolling thunder accounts for every single case. However all I know is, from most of the video/audio recordings on the alleged hum/rumbling it sounded just like the odd rolling thunder I personally have witnessed and like the OP points out in the videos there is often an overcast sky or you see a mass of clouds in the distance over a mountain or something.

So I do think this special brand of thunder can account for some of these cases, nature can produce some truly bizarre sounds with the right conditions. I read an interesting article on this special rolling thunder ages ago, I only wish I could find it again.
edit on 11-1-2012 by darkest4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 12:16 AM
link   
do you live near a motorway (freeway) 5k ?
at night when it is quiet.
I can heir the traffic on the road.
it is a low rumble! I live 5 miles from it.
and if the wind blows to me.
it gets louder.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Sensi

I have no way of knowing what you guys are experiencing down there, it could be something in the sky, or could it be something in the ground?

Underground bases, Tectonics on steroids, Mole people
These I will suggest as other possibles (but I'm sure lots of others exist)

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 12:41 AM
link   
I did alittle reading up and I think we are at the end of times. Tonight is the first night I hear this strange buzzing and it's happening world wide and I referred back to the book of revelation and the final seal in my opinion looks like its happening now
" Finally the seventh seal is opened (Revelation 8). It describes seven other aspects of end-time events, each announced with a trumpet blast. In the first four of these plagues God strikes the earth and mankind's environmental support systems. The fifth trumpet's plague inflicts great pain on those refusing to serve God. In the sixth trumpet plague, God permits an unimaginably destructive and all-out worldwide war to begin (Revelation 8-9)." that trumpet sound could be what we are hearing. And the world wide war is eventually going to happen now that we are now having problems with Iran, Korea, Afghanistan n other countries. I think there's more to come in the coming months. And for those of you who say u can't judge what's going on base on a book. Well the fifth seal was already opened back in December of 2010 when there was a solar eclipse which turned the moon red just like the bible said it would. N funny thing cause it happened the 21st of December the same day the world is suppose to end this year. Just something to think about

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Frac drilling anywhere near there??

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 12:50 AM
link   
I heard the same thing over here in Carlisle, Pennsylvania.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by thestinger

thx for this !! I was just thinking about searching for it .. I believe it definitely has a connection..

thx again!

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 01:13 AM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

I think i can hear it.. it's almost like semi-truck tires .. but with a metalic sound to it.. ? if that's it .

that's WIERD !!!

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

sorry I'm still here ..

2nd .. to be sure..

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 01:20 AM
link   
reply to post by watchdog

Look Im From Waco Texas And I Have Fam And Friends There Im Currently In Seattle But I Know People Who Heard It Last Night As Well Im Trippin The Hell Out Right Now Cause Its My Home Town But They Also Reported A Kite Shape Space Craft Hovering Over Bush's Chicken Slowly She Managed To Record It But When U Review It There Is Nothing There She Was Shaken And Scared And I Know She Wasnt Bull#ting But It Supposedly Shot Backwards And Up At A Curve And Disappeared Into The Clouds Minutes After U Heard The Same Low Frequency But It Started Off Sounding Like A Vacuum Strong Enought To Rattle The Windows And It Lasted For 20 Sec. I Asked People On My FB If Heard Or Saw Anything In Waco And Sure Enough I Got Responses Telling Me They Heard It

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 02:01 AM
link   
are there any fellow ATSer's out there in the Colorado/Southern colorado area?? If so, im reporting in from Colorado Springs, Colorado. I just finished reading all the pages of this thread and earlier today i read the thread from the person in tennessee concerning this buzzing that was mentioned in the OP. Friday evening, from about 6 p.m. MST to Midnight (when i fell asleep, could have gone on longer) me and my fiancee both heard and spoke to eachother about this humming. I described it as a low rumbling noise while she described it as more of a sub woofer noise, only steady not pulsing. We were at my house watching tv on the dvr, a recorded show, so naturally during the commercials, we would fast forward which cuts the sound off. During these moments of fast forwarding we first began to notice to rumbling. At first we though it was only a cae idling outside, I live in the suburbs so that is not uncommon. However after about 2 hours of commenting on the noise and watching tv my fiancee finally began complaining pretty passionately about it, she said that her ears were throbbing and thought it was from the rumbling noise, it gave her a headache eventually, and we both went outside to check it out. The rumbling noise was definately louder outside, just steady and seemed to be coming from everywhere. I personally could not distinguish whether or not the noise sseemed to be coming from the ground, air, or the sky. There were no cars about, and in fact there were no people about what so ever. My neighbor regulary blasts his music. She asked me to text him asking if he had his subs going, he did not. She seemed to think the noise was more or less coming from the air, just eminating from it she described. Admittedly, i live right near one of the largest concentrations of U.S. military bases in the entire country, and also a somewhat busy airport. Planes often fly overhead as they are landing, especially military transport planes. However, i have lived here for 16 years and have never heard a steady rumbling like this noise before. It would sometimes grow stronger or weaker, but it was always steady, and never pulsing. Any fellow members live in this area id love to hear your thoughts or if or not you felt anything friday evening. Thank You (: this mystery is so widespread and reported, its really interested me. And i live nowhere near Louisianna or Tennessee lol

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join