It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone else having trouble with sleep lately?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anim8tr
I have A LOT of trouble falling asleep and relaxing my body when in bed. This didnt start happening untill a couple of weeks ago.
Usually when I get off of work, i spend some time with family, go out for a hike, or sit on the computer. Then, at around 10 pm I get really tired and my body is ready to rest.

These last couple of weeks though, something felt strange...when my wife goes to bed, I lay beside her and try to sleep...but I can't, and the strangest thing is that I can't explain it, it's like my body feels weak and ready for bed but my brain just keeps running, processing, analizing and imagening.
Sometimes it feels like theres something inside of me that is growing more and more exciting as time passes, like I'm expecting an important event of some kind.

Whats even more mysterious is that I talked about my problem with a couple of friends and even my neighbours tell me they are having the same problem. Even though we had organized lives, flowing in a steady daily routines, something seemed to have it manipulated and changed.

Is anyone else experiencing something similar? I'm talking about the last 3 - 4 weeks, did anything change in your sleeping behaviour?

In the words of James Brown, "Cocaine is a helluva drug."

But, seriously, if this was some universal (or even local) issue, wouldn't your wife, who you say falls asleep, be experiencing it too? Or are you saying that you and the friends in the area with whom you spoke are special in this? If so, how? Or maybe your wife is the special one?

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Anim8tr

wild stuff... me and my girlfriend have woke up 3 separate nights at the exact same time in the last 2 weeks, I mean WIDE awake. we both told each other we had the feeling of physically tired and dont understand why we have both woken up at the SAME TIME. We just went back to bed and thought nothing of it really. She doesn't notice these kinds of things tho.

guess situations like these are partially why I joined ATS

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by superluminal11

Yep, it's all in the works.

I've been sleeping like a baby recently.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   
A lot of people have been feeling this, including myself. I hope it's not something bad. There were just a few large earthquakes with the nearly full moon that looked bigger than usual.

This seems to be a global sentiment that everyone is feeling.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   
I have to agree with some others if any thing I've felt like I have been in deeper sleeps than usual. Which is strange as I'm usually a really light sleeper.

Sounds stupid but try changing the sheet and get a bath before you go to bed. Always does the trick for me.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Wow I have to add to this - probably 3 to 4 weeks I have been having this sort of thing.
It varies for me between 2 problems.
I either get into bed around 9-10 ish, cannot get to sleep until gone 1am and mind racing as has been said.
OR
I get to bed a tad later, maybe 11pm - but I am waking up at 3am and then sometimes seeing 5am - and when this happens I literally sleep through my rather loud alarm clock and wake up at 8am each time.

No idea what the hell this is - but its bugging me immensely.

Also, if I had the chance I often find I would go to bed at 2pm in the afternoon as a wave of tiredness washes over me.

I am in the UK, quite active person hitting the gym a few times a week and eating more than enough food to fuel my body but no idea why this is happening. To see others having the same thing makes me wonder what is happening if anything?
Oddly my boss talks about the same thing, but specifically cannot get to sleep rather than waking up.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   
I have had/have this problem for years, it is an on and off thing, my brain feels like there is noise, fast traveling almost like a hundred million brigh flashing noises and images at once, like being in a busy tube station which is on fast forward (or the background of madonna's ray of light video).... terrible explanation

anyway for the last while it has def been more relaxed and infact i have managed to not be effected by it, i dont feel my thoughts are diffrent, maybe i just phaze it out... i tried chemically balancing it for years sometimes it helps sometimes it makes it worse..

anyway i think i experience what you are talking about, all i can say is i have for years and years and find it easier to sleep through it now so im the exact opposite, im getting much better sleeps than before, however in the morning it is taking me a good hour to properly be awake now as if i hadnt slept well...

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Hmm, maybe it's sleep habits. I only say that because, I take power naps sometimes and the rest of the day, I'm running around wide awake. Either from school or work, or a busy child. It's our brain running non-stop, not knowing when to stop. When I do wind down, it will be in the afternoon, and if I dare try to lay down, it be really early at morning before I am able to wind down to sleep. Like 4am or 5am. I'll get two hours sleep then up all day again and can't sleep.

Who knows.
edit on 10-1-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 04:19 AM
link   
Tonight was the worst for me, typically I can fall back asleep. I went to bed @ 1 am EST and woke up @ 3am unable to fall asleep. I laid in bed until 5am and decided enough was enough and here I am

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   

I have A LOT of trouble falling asleep and relaxing my body when in bed. This didnt start happening untill a couple of weeks ago.
Usually when I get off of work, i spend some time with family, go out for a hike, or sit on the computer. Then, at around 10 pm I get really tired and my body is ready to rest.

These last couple of weeks though, something felt strange...when my wife goes to bed, I lay beside her and try to sleep...but I can't, and the strangest thing is that I can't explain it, it's like my body feels weak and ready for bed but my brain just keeps running, processing, analizing and imagening.
Sometimes it feels like theres something inside of me that is growing more and more exciting as time passes, like I'm expecting an important event of some kind.

Whats even more mysterious is that I talked about my problem with a couple of friends and even my neighbours tell me they are having the same problem. Even though we had organized lives, flowing in a steady daily routines, something seemed to have it manipulated and changed.

Is anyone else experiencing something similar? I'm talking about the last 3 - 4 weeks, did anything change in your sleeping behaviour?

You live withit for 22 years and then see if you feel an event coming.

I'm 26 and this basically started happening to me at an early age, maybe 9-10, just laying there waiting to sleep.
At the young age it was about half hour to an hour but now it's like 2-3 hours every time.

Just lay there analysing the day/week/years/lifes events and replaying things and imagining.

I have recently had a little fix for it, wereas i'm not there for hours, it's my newish routine, I work nights so I have to be asleep by afternoon time and I do manage to get some good sleep.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Anim8tr, funny that you mention it, but the very same thing thing happens to me! I have even taken to listening to a few favorites on my MP3 player, to clear my mind a little. My sleep cycle and habits are closely akin to yours. I lay there, my body so tired that just a few moments before I was drifting off, and then lay sleepless for half the night. I have not been able to meditate for months now, and have a feeling of impending doom for Earth and Her inhabitants. I know the Time of Purification nears. I guess you are not alone.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by TranscendentSnake

I tried that and all it does is make my eyes burn. I dont get tired from playing video games or watching tv, I only get to a point where I have to close my eyes for a while, but that doesn't calm the warping in my brain.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join