It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone else having trouble with sleep lately?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Probably because we are lacking more and more melatonin which gears the body and mind down to prepare for sleep. Fluoride is supposedly causing the decrease in melatonin, it's some good research.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 03:45 AM
link   
Let me tell you, if they gave out Olympic medals for sleeping then I'd have more bling than Mr T usually...
That being said I am also by nature a complete night owl, but given that I have a family I have to sleep the hours of normal folk, it's never been easy, my body just doesn't like it for some reason, but off to bed I go at a relevantly decent hour.
In the past I have also been plagued by intense periods of sleep paralysis triggered by stress, real tangible everyday stresses like paying bills, relationship woes and serious hardship, it's something I'd learnt not to mither about and something that until recently had almost completely disappeared.

One might think that places like ATS aren't the healthiest place for peoples piece of mind, but to be blatantly honest, for me it's far more of a stabilising force than being cast in the sea of hysterical Youtube vids pertaining as many do to every kind of end imaginable. The Universe is a wild strange place and life on this planet isn't much different, so I don't trouble myself greatly even here with worrying about much, I am though, greatly interested in other peoples perceptions whether I believe them or not. Infact what I am actually concerned about more than anything, is as the past years have begun to unfold, how many people, even young children are becoming affected by all this 2012 business.

Now I haven't got a baldy notion whether any energy shift is actually taking place, I don't seriously think some mahoosive space body is managing to sneak up on us and after 37 years on this planet I'm not convinced we are all going to blow each other to smithereens or that we are all so completely worthless as a life form that we should all just get it over and done with. Personally for me life is dandy, actually bloody fantastic so to suddenly start having this major crappy sleep is frankly getting right on my tits.

Sort yourselves out already, I need my beauty sleep.....and I'm still narked at having Zuul the Gatekeeper, minion of Gozer the Gozerian jump on my face night before last. Other half was not pleased when he had to fish me down off the ceiling last night. He's now gone to work sporting a rather nasty gash.

Much love Zuuuuuspiria xxx

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 03:57 AM
link   
I get that craving for any type of information right when I feel my body getting tired.
Body wants to sleep, but my mind has a need to know stuff.
Mind wins. I only close my eyes to try and sleep when I get discouraged by the time.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 04:14 AM
link   
It's called insomnia. I think it's just from stress.

I can't sleep either.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 04:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Anim8tr

for me, i sleep plenty but never feel rested. i get out of bed with red eyes and little energy. one day i "slept" 24hrs straight. i woke up the same time i went to bed, only a day later. it was a strange experience. even after a full day of sleep, i was still tired. i went to my doctor and explained what happened. how i was worried about my sleep pattern. he prescribed ambien. i took it for a week. but stoped because of some strange side effects. i should have known better than to take the stuff but i really wanted some good sleep. this was six years ago. i still struggle with sleep. star and flag this thread for sure. i look forward to reading the responses.

one of the things about my sleep is i wake up about every hour or so. i look at the clock and scan the room then go back to sleep. only to do it again an hour or so later. it's frustrating. a couple of times i experienced what people describe as sleep paralysis. the shadow man who presses on my chest during the night. that i know is just my mind playing tricks but still it interferes with my sleep.

-subfab
edit on 10-1-2012 by subfab because: added some material in my post

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 05:29 AM
link   
I've had sleeping problems since I was about 12 years old. When my Schizoaffective was diagnosed and shortly after my ability to sleep weakened greatly. It finally got to a point where absolutely nothing but sleep aids could get me asleep and even then I struggled.

For awhile I was on a huge benedryl binge taking about 20-30 pills a night just to sleep. Dangerous I know and I don't recommend it to anyone. I was on that binge for over a year. Surprisingly my liver wasn't damaged by it according to liver tests I had. Now I'm on prescription strength sleep aids. The strongest they have even. Still, not able to sleep that well.

The past 2 weeks though I have noticed an increased inability to sleep until around 9-10am. I'm wide awake until those times then I become seriously fatigued and tired. I'm not sure what it is but I also feel like some great event is about to unfold that's changing the natural energies of Mother Earth.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Yep I was fine for ages then on the 3rd I couldnt sleep all night, got a prescription for zopiclone the next day. Going to ditch them this weekend though as my mouth tastes like tinfoil lol just need to get through this week of work first.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 08:35 AM
link   
I have always been an insomniac however lately I have been having weird sleeping habits I go to sleep with the help of bi-neural beats or ISO-tones but when i wake up I am still tired why ?
what has changed? I read earlier in this thread about the 2012 thing however lately I am beginning to question the whole 2012 thing. I mean it is a man made theory with many flaws ie our regular calendar has been changed several times, how do we know what year it truly is ?
and the people that brought the 2012 to the spot light are sketchy at best. I think the sleep issue is due to something else. it does feel like were speeding towards some kind of event we will just have to wait and see

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   
I have exactly the same problems and when i read your post starting to calculate when my sleeping problems started it is around the same as yours 3-4 weeks ago.

Wonder what it can be if some many people have the same.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Obsidian303
reply to post by Anim8tr

Hey Anim8tr, im in the UK. Ive been having the same sleeping problem.
I just cant sleep at all, even though my body wants to, my brain just wont stop ticking!!.
My friends are the same. We just cant sleep. We're thinking the same sort of thing, getting excited a little over what?. Got no idea!!.
Something strange it feels like is going to happen.
But what?

There is always someone with sleeping issues out there, especially on a big forum like this.
But i guess it is just 2012....

This thread is as pointless as the ones with the headline "is anyone feeling positive/negative today?" or similar questions that ALWAYS applies to someone. Just because others are in same situation as you, does not mean something special will happen. You are just simply going through a insomnia period or have too much on your mind...

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Seems like the only good nights sleep I get is after having a few mixed drinks. My girlfriend and I have been waking up in unbearable night sweats also. We were talking about it the other day how we never sweat in bed like this.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   
The fact that our minds are racing with various conspiracies the whole time probably dont help, my doctor once said any stimulation was not good for trying to get to sleep, I know I am guilty of sitting with the laptop until the small hours

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Anim8tr

For years and years now, I just lay there and toss and turn. I'm forced to use a sleep mask just to hold my eyes closed because they open on their own even when I do fall asleep. On the rare occasion I do dream, my dream is projected onto the wall or ceiling if I don't have a mask on, and I wake still seeing the dream freaking myself out. I did a sleep study two years ago and found out I don't get to level four R.E.M. sleep. This is the area of sleep where your body heals itself and cures itself of the aches and pains of the day. When it doesn't get level four R.E.M. sleep, the pain accumulates, then the next day it begins anew and adds more pain, then more pain, then more pain, etc... Even with sleeping pills I get about 3 hours a night of sleep, without sleeping pills I get about one to two hours a night of sleep. I spend my days exhausted beyond belief and wanting to do nothing but sleep. I've fallen asleep at the wheel before because of my chronic fatigue. I would KILL to sleep an entire night with no help medicinal or otherwise.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   
I had exactly the same problem a couple of years ago and it can be apointer to developing depressive states. Your everyday life could be more stressful than you realise and this can take any forms. When diagnosing my condition My doctor said being more inteligent can make it worse because exactly as you are saying you cannot put your finger on what is causing your condition therefore making a vicious circle in your brain. One of THE worst things anyone can say to you is "pull yourself together" as this adds to the cycle of not knowing how too and thus adding more pressure because your mind is saying "i am inteligent and I should know what is doing this". If you want to put a more esoteric bent to this explaination could make the circle worse because the nature of esoterics is that it's in the mind. This is of cause my own opinion though I would certainly look towards lifes pressures first as left unattended can lead to severe depression, even suicide. When the doc "says take the pill" take the pill.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   
I had sleep problems in January for the past 3 years. This year i don't have them (but curiously had them in November for no Reason)
At the moment i'm more tired and could sleep all day. I usually sleep no more than 5 hours, now it's 8 hours and i hate to waste this much amount of time in bed. I don't know why this year is the exact opposite. Maybe it's the missing winter.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   
I dont have that problem, I sleep way too much. I fall asleep when I go to bed, I can even go to bed right after work. Which is 16:00 or 4pm. Last week, I was in bed for 43 hours, I didnt sleep the whole time though, but I did sleep alot. Sleeping is hard if you think to much, so try to relax more. Dont worry to much, maybe thats the reason?

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   
If I have trouble sleeping, getting high usually relaxes me to the point where I can slip into a deep slumber. I know that it has different effects on some people, and in some individuals it may cause anxiety/paranoia, but if it relaxes you then that might be a good alternative medication for your sleeping problem. I don't think you should get high to be point where you can't function, but just enough to relax you.

I understand that some people are against drugs (if they can even consider weed a drug
), but if you're open to it, it may help you. Marijuana has many health benefits, and if smoking isn't your thing, you can bake it into brownies or vaporize it. ^^

Maybe try meditation prior to sleeping in order to clear your mind and center yourself. Also, I've heard that drinking a warm glass of milk can aid with sleeping. I would guess that this only applies if acidity is bothering your stomach, though I don't know for sure.

Personally if I have a lot of anxiety/excitement about an upcoming event I find it hard to sleep well, perhaps this is the case with you? In either case, I wish you the best with restoring your sleeping habits.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Anim8tr

yes.. i went through this for 3 months before I had to realign my spirit with my mind.. funny as that sounds, I slept for 15hrs straight; my Circadian rhythm was back, it was entirely opposite of what it should have been .

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   
ive been having problems but way longer than any of you have, However it was about 3 weeks ago i told my boyfriend that i wasnt sure if my sleeping meds have been working as well now that i think about it.

The stresses in the world today will cause this, it is a form of anxiety, from what your describing its how i feel when i dont have my sleep meds and anxiety meds at night.

Brain going light years ahead and body tense unable to relax and you wake up hurting worse than if you ran a marathon if you eventually fall asleep that is... i know this all too well But if its happening all over the world, i dont want to jump so far off of the sane wagon but maybe someone wants us weak and unable to think... could it be some kind of new chemical warfare?

cj6

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Ive recently had a lot of trouble sleeping which is unusal because im a heavy sleeper, once i lay my head down and doze off thats it. But in the last couple of weeks i cant seem to stay asleep for more than an hour at a time. Its like i keep waking up every hour of every night. Its frustrating because im extremely tired from it and its wearing me down. Whats more unusual is i keep waking up around 3 and thats usually the hour that im more awake and more aware of everything. The only time i wake and look at the clock is sometime around 3.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join