It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone else having trouble with sleep lately?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   
I have A LOT of trouble falling asleep and relaxing my body when in bed. This didnt start happening untill a couple of weeks ago.
Usually when I get off of work, i spend some time with family, go out for a hike, or sit on the computer. Then, at around 10 pm I get really tired and my body is ready to rest.

These last couple of weeks though, something felt strange...when my wife goes to bed, I lay beside her and try to sleep...but I can't, and the strangest thing is that I can't explain it, it's like my body feels weak and ready for bed but my brain just keeps running, processing, analizing and imagening.
Sometimes it feels like theres something inside of me that is growing more and more exciting as time passes, like I'm expecting an important event of some kind.

Whats even more mysterious is that I talked about my problem with a couple of friends and even my neighbours tell me they are having the same problem. Even though we had organized lives, flowing in a steady daily routines, something seemed to have it manipulated and changed.

Is anyone else experiencing something similar? I'm talking about the last 3 - 4 weeks, did anything change in your sleeping behaviour?

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Do you know what a nightcap is?

And no, not a hat you put on before sleep.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 09:29 PM
link   
you need to check out this thread

icekohld's thread

i don't think you are alone

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   
lately i've been having better sleeps compared to what I used to. try changing the sheets or pillows, just some change might do you good.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   
My girl has had a problem falling asleep for the past 5 days and I have been waking up with cold sweats at least 2 times a night. Dont know what it is or why it is happening but it has been going on for 1 week for both of us.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   
For the last week I go to bed and although my body is plenty tired my mind just runs about a million miles an hour.

I think about everything and then more. It's like my brain is stuck in high gear. I have only slept about 1.5 hours every night for a week. I actually called off work today because I was so exhausted.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by mwood

Thats exactly how I'm feeling! It's like your brain is moving in the speed of light along a crowded highway!

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   
I too have had this problem. Mine has been a bit longer than a week, more like a few weeks. I finally had to ask around for sleep aids that really work so I can get some rest!

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   
I've been having problems staying asleep. I work nights, and usually have been able to sleep for about 9-10 hours a day. But over the last 3 weeks or so, I've been averaging about 5 hours a day. If I do get my full 9 hours, it's very broken and I wake up at least 3 times.

/TOA

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Anim8tr

I personally have had a very hard time sleeping lately.

I primarily attribute it to my knowledge of what is truly going on in the US right now.
NDAA, SOPA, and things like top US generals saying they would use nuclear weapons against Iran, and Obama calling for US citizens to have specific internet IDs; That's what keeps me up at night. The knowledge that our country is on the wrong path and quickly headed towards a Nazi Germany style of governance.

These are interesting days, fellow ATSers.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   
sleeping like a rock because everything as we know it is about to change.

I call it the kingship swap---

Greed monger kings get replaced with good hearted kings.

and its world wide

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Anim8tr

Hey Anim8tr, im in the UK. Ive been having the same sleeping problem.
I just cant sleep at all, even though my body wants to, my brain just wont stop ticking!!.
My friends are the same. We just cant sleep. We're thinking the same sort of thing, getting excited a little over what?. Got no idea!!.
Something strange it feels like is going to happen.
But what?

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Anim8tr

Holy crap yes! Yes, yes, yes, yes, YES!

As you said it started about 3 weeks ago. Usually I go to sleep between midnight and 2 am due to the fact that what I do for a living allows me to sleep until 11 am. For the past few weeks I haven't been able to fall asleep until at the earliest 5 am and sometimes as late as 7. The really weird thing is that I continue to awake at around 11 am but for those few hours I am asleep, I have crazy intense dreams and wake up maybe once an hour.

A number of my close friends have also been going through this. It seems to be more just localized insomnia. There is also very weird energy permeating throughout New England.

Would really love just one night of good sleep :/

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   
ive been hearing a lot about people having trouble sleeping. On here and in "real" life, lol. I've been sleeping fine though. Appetite is really bad though, and i like to lift weights so i'm used to eating 3200 calories a day. Today I probably didn't even eat a thousand. Couldn't do it.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   
take a few benadryls

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   
I am on the other hand can sleep very well these past weeks.... I had also experiences the same things few months back there... the excitement and the turn off button of my brain seems to be broken... But I guess that was because the caffeine from the coffee..... maybe just because of something that you eat or drink....

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Anim8tr

I went to bed at 12 am this morning, i didn't fall asleep til 2:30 am. I usually fall asleep as my head hits the pillow because i've trained myself too but man i laid there for nearly 3 hours staring into the darkness and sleep just didn't want to come. I haven't had any sleep today and i've been chugging tea like it's the newest rave...hopefully i'll pass out tonight.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Go along with it. It takes me 2+ hrs to fall asleep. I just dream about things and get real creative with my thoughts (while keeping my eyes closed).

P.S. I have rarely had these unusual sleeping patterns until just recently (we're in the same boat).

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Tell me about it, I can't fall asleep until 2-3:00am even though I still go to bed by 10:30pm. I lay down and relax, my eyes feel like they've glued themselves shut, I've tried music, guided meditation, sleeping pills, Benedryl as well as Tylenol flu and booze for pete's sake! Yesterday I started getting headaches. Still can't sleep, New Years eve, my family went to bed at 1am, I was up all night, and all day. There's a pattern forming here and I don't like it. This is been going on for 3 weeks ish... not quite a month yet and it's getting worse. I don't need to wind up sick, I'll be seeing my doc next week over it.

I can tell you, that my mind races. Not on any particular thing, it just rambles through thoughts. I h's ave a very hard time focusing on relaxing when I try to fall asleep. While I alone suffer this in my house, there are 12 people in the area that I have talked to about this same thing. Ironically, there not much difference between the stories.

Would REALLY love to know what's going on here... We need our sleep!

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Anim8tr

I highly suggest you just get up, go play some Xbox, watch TV or hit up the Internet. I have had the same problems for the past year and have been able to fall asleep fairly quickly when my eyes get tired.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join