It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO in thorne, doncaster right now

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by dadfortruth1
reply to post by markygee

I have seen one of these as well (metallic sphere/ball)
It was mid morning, I was taking my dogs for a run on my family's farm. The orb showed intelligent control by the way it maneuvered through the trees.

Heres a thread I made on this a while ago www.abovetopsecret.com... It includes a photo I came across of an orb that looked exactly like the one I saw. Unfortunatly the quality is not great, but would love you to have a look and tell me if it was similar to your orb sightling.

It looked exactly like that, it moved quickly like it had a purpose not floating around on the breeze like a balloon would.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 05:06 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 05:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Smulborn
Pics or didn't happen.

Well, it did happen.

If you choose not to believe, that's up to you, and I know I'd be skeptical as well, but it did happen and for the first time ever I know for sure because I seem to have seen the same thing as the OP. I've been around this site for a while too, I'm not going to make something like this up.

Luckily, I even mentioned my sighting on skype to some other members before this thread popped up and one of them (thankfully) decided to post and let the rest of you guys know. Here's that post: (Click me)

That member (Davespanners) is a respectable member around here, certainly not someone to make up lies.

Anyway, I do understand why some may be skeptical and I guess all I can really say is yes, this did happen - whether it's alien in nature though, who knows, I do doubt it (even though I admit I've never had a sighting like that before and I can't find an explanation for it ).

Here's my post eplaining what I saw exactly too: (Click me)

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Rising Against

could you watch the video below of c17 landing at glasgow,at around 30 seconds when the camera zooms out the c17 looks like it is stationary and very ufo looking.This would be even more emphasised at a further distance.the robin hood airport log files confirm that RAF Moose (C17) ZZ175 was active in and around robin hood airport at that time.
www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by balkcracker

Hey again balkcracker,

Thanks so much for finding that video, believe me it is appreciated and yes, I did watch it. Unfortunately though I still can't say I agree but here's why...

This is an image I made yesterday to show where I saw, what I saw (this being as accurate as I could do):

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/img/ud4f0c4674.jpg[/atsimg]

The light I saw began at the bottom of the orange line and it was moving north, the white cross being where I estimate it stopped for what, again I would estimate, to be around 20 or so minutes.

The red line is roughly the direction where I was looking at the time too (I tried to place it right over my house in fact).

As you can see Robin hood airport is to the right of the image, and the light I could see (which if a plane would have the landing lights on) was heading north and slightly east, away from the direction of the airport. Like I said as well, I'd estimate that this was all going on for around half an hour or so (with it being stationary for around 20 minutes) so that alone makes me very skeptical this was a plane I was seeing.

I just feel it's way too long and since it was heading away from the airport It didn't seem to be coming in for a landing (Here's a post from Nef in this thread discussing the possibility of aircraft also) - One last point worth mentioning is that every other Plane I've seen here (and I do see them as this airport is nearby) all have come from the opposite direction and the light has been orange, similar to how a Chinese lantern looks. But the light I saw was extremely bright and was white.

I can't speak for the OP though but I assume we both saw the same object here.

Sorry I can't confirm that theory for you though, I genuinely wish I could, but in all honesty to say that's what I saw, hell to say it was even remotely similar, would be a lie.

Oh, and for anyone else interested I came across this UFO report from the same day of my "sighting":

Location of Sighting: Osmotherly, Pickering North Yorkshire
Date of Sighting: 09/01/12
Time: 7:45-9:30
Witness Name: Luke

Witness Statement: Me and my friend were lamping in a farmers field in osmotherly and as we were walking downto the field we noticed what looked like a star that was flashing different colours:red,blue yellow,white green. It seemed fairly close and was in the direction of Pickering. We then went into the farmers house at around 8:00 and pointed this "star" out to him but thought nothing of it. At around 9:00 i went outside and the "star" had gone so we went back in the house and we chatted some more. At 9:30 we were leaving the house but my friend pointed out that the object had returned and was in a simliar place and the farmer also saw it for the second time. As we were watching it suddenly started to moved after being completely stationary all night. It moved to the left and came slighting towards us still flashing various colours but then out of nowhere two bright lights appeared either side of the flashing dots and then it moved very quickly to the point where it was out of vison but there was no sound from the object such as an engine . This could be nothing but all three of us saw it and agreed we had never seen anything like this before and was worth noting.

(Source)

I didn't see any changing of colour with my sighting admittedly, but the OP claimed to see this I think.

Anyway, this was a report from North Yorkshire (The sighting I saw was heading North and I'm in South Yorkshire), the description is quite similar (especially to what the OP claimed to see as well) and it was actually a short while after the sighting here in Doncaster. Of course it could be noting but a coincidence but I found it, if anything, interesting and some food for thought still.
edit on 11-1-2012 by Rising Against because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   
dont forget the obect did 5 over and under loops of the airplane coming into land.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Sorry ... I just quoted your report to you

I believe you guys saw what you say you saw , keep searching

edit on 11-1-2012 by gortex because: edit to edit

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by gortex

No doubt you saw this report

Yeah, I quickly wrote one up yesterday, I didn't know it was up there yet though so thanks for posting that.

I am serious about this sighting you know (I'm definitely not making it up, I'm really not like that), so I thought the best thing to do would be to report it to a website like that (especially as I failed to get pics which I regret as I did have time - I just didn't think) just in case others saw something similar... and would you believe it, others did! I mentioned another sighting I found there not far from here in North Yorkshire (I'm in south Yorkshire) and not long after my initial sighting aswell (in the direction I saw the light moving in oddly enough) in this post here.

I'm actually amazed to see that.. as I'm also amazed to see this thread pop up after my sighting (which I mentioned to other ATS members before this thread was posted).

Edit: I do feel as though I have to point out that I'm not saying I came across genuine aliens or anything like that here, lol.... but I'm just saying what I saw I really couldn't identify to be honest. What it is, who knows.. but all I know is there was at least "something" there.
edit on 11-1-2012 by Rising Against because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   

i have been watching flightradar24 today and monitored an a330 on a test flight from south france.it came up uk ,over wales and it did an elongated loop around chester which lasted 24 mins until it was heading back along same path.if this was viewed from hyde(manchester)area it would appear almost still for the whole 24 mins.I am not saying this is what you seen but for future reference always go straight to flightradar24 and check what is flying and a lot can be eliminated.There are a lot of people out with cameras now but its too late..BE PREPARED
edit on 11-1-2012 by balkcracker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 08:10 AM
link   
I am from Thorne too mate and i am always watching the skies, im proper gutted i missed this though! i saw something weird on christmas eve at about 2am, i was in the back garden on the phone and saw 4 dots, not lights, just 4 dots (imagine a bird flying across in the dark) but they werent birds because they were travelling at ridiculous speeds, it took about 4-6 seconds for them to appear on one side of the sky, to dissappear at the other side, so it definetly wasnt birds, and one of the dots was dodging and diving about. my dad also claims to have seen a similar thing a couple of years ago in the same spot.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join