It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO in thorne, doncaster right now

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 03:14 AM
link   
Interesting that something is seen near me (i'm from Sheffield) Though I personally haven't seen anything (ever). Though some say these hills are a strange bunch of hills for this sort of thing

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 04:08 AM
link   
I've seen something like that on 25 of December last year, I have it on tape but its to unclear to show what it really is, so I don't place it , because all the debunking and all the nay sayers. A good story with allot witnesses is more credible as some one man video,these days.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 04:52 AM
link   
reply to post by markygee

No problem, Thanks for reading it! Yeah see a lot of shooting stars at night! Hope I get to see what I saw again though, but I pretty much doubt it ... : (

Luke

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 04:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Okandetre

Yeah, catcliffe is just off the the parkway towards Sheffield : )

Never in a million years would I have thought that I'd witness something like that in my own area and.You hear about it happening in america and everywhere else..A few days after seeing it I posted my description on Sheffield forum website ( you maybe a member>?) to see If anybody else saw it but I acquired a lot of negative-clever comments as you'd expect!

Never tell anybody now, other than mentioning it on here in the hope that someone may have a similar story, still waiting. I will never forget that I've seen something that they've been covering up for well over 50 -60 years,

Luke
edit on 10-1-2012 by lukeUK because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-1-2012 by lukeUK because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 05:26 AM
link   
reply to post by wtbengineer

i starred you because thats always the last
thing on my mind and i have seen loads
once with my family in the car in daylight
the other half had her phone on her and we
didnt take any pics
check out my old thread ufo over a55
old account philware still me though

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 06:14 AM
link   
any pics?

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 06:31 AM
link   
a c17 rangemaster RAF plane was flying around robin hood airport from around 12 till 5pm.look on google at the pics of it deploying flares.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 07:27 AM
link   
reply to post by balkcracker

That's possible I guess as the light or "orb" I saw was at around half 6 I think (Edit: It was maybe before this though and either way It isn't too long after the time you mentioned there). I know I was heading out for around quarter past 7 and I ended up being late due to watching this thing in the sky, lol. And I last saw it not long before I actually went out too.

But how does that explanation you gave explain the movement of it from left to right, the sudden stop for around 20 or so minutes and then the continued movement until it was completely out of my view (further travelling to the right)?

Don't get me wrong I am open to explanations here and I do think there is a rational explanation somewhere out there, but on first hearing about those flares I have to admit, I'm not sold yet.

It's also worth pointing out as well that I saw this orb quite far into the distance looking out the front of my house, and Robin hood airport is a few miles behind my house. And those flares you posted don't appear to look like what I saw - which was one big very bright white light, not many lights together.
edit on 10-1-2012 by Rising Against because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Aircraft can look stationary if they are approaching you head on with their landing lights on, however it would have to be very far away and the light would have to be extremely bright to be seen to be stationary for 20 mins or so.

I've studied that kind of phenomena extensively Guide to Viewing Aerial Phenomena - I highly doubt what you saw was a conventional aircraft.

Its possible that you could have seen a Police Helicopter with a searchlight on it, but I doubt one of those would hover over a spot for 20mins as its quite difficult to hold a single spot for so long.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Rising Against

I did not see the ufo so i cant judge for myself.i did see the c17 circling so got bino's out to have a look and noticed what appeared to be added on ailerons so i googled it and found the aileron pic and the flare ejection pic..i did not see the c17 ejecting flares it was just a thought as someone said they seen things dropping and the lights get brighter,which flares would..hope someone comes forward with a pic

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by balkcracker

Where are you from then balkcracker? your pretty new here : )

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by lukeUK

from Thorne

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Here's a (hopefully helpful) guide to what I saw exactly:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/img/ud4f0c4674.jpg[/atsimg]

The red line was where I estimate I was looking when I saw this light (I placed it right over my house in this pic too)

The orange line is where I estimate it was moving (Beginning at the bottom and moving up - It's worth pointing out that It was most probably further out, this is just to show the direction I thought it was moving in.)

The white cross is where I estimate It stopped for around 20 or so minutes (which was just to the right of where I was looking out my window) and then the continued orange line is where It quite clearly started to move once again to where I could no longer see it (as there is other houses in the way (yes, the object was actually quite low) and there is also tree's blocking my view..

As we can see there is an airport to the upper right hand corner (which is Robin Hood airport) so I do see airplanes in the sky quite a lot here and the object I saw was quite different to what I'm used to seeing. Plus whenever I do see a plane in the sky, with the landing lights on, It's always to the upper right hand side - roughly around the complete opposite direction to where I was looking and the light is always big and orange. And what I saw was a very bright (brighter than an airplane I've ever seen) and it was white in colour.

Not forgetting I saw this light appear to stop in the sky after I could previously see it moving. If it was a plane then I don't understand why it would do that unless, like Nef highlighted above, it was moving straight towards me. But I'm still a little bit skeptical due to the appearance of it as well as the fact that it was heading in a direction away from the airport and the landing light would've been out for a very, very long time.

In regards to it being a helicopter, again I'm not so sure because I do see them quite often here as well. What I saw last night was totally inconsistent with every other helicopter I've seen here so I do find myself feeling a bit more skeptical about that as well to be completely honest with you all although of course I wouldn't rule it out completely.
edit on 10-1-2012 by Rising Against because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   
have they started testing the taranis yet its based about 120 miles from doncaster?

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by dashdespatch

thats what they think hit the wind turbine the other year as they where testing it at donna nook
edit on 10-1-2012 by rikgrimsby because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by rikgrimsby

thats not far from doncaster is it?

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   
not really but it was a few years ago.. donna nook is on the east coast. 30min drive from grimsby

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Never knew there were so many South Yorkshire members here

I'd assume most people from the area know, but the airport is the old RAF Finningley base - and there are many local reports of UFO/strange sightings in that area dating back many, many years.

edit on 10-1-2012 by VelvetSplash because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by VelvetSplash

well am ne lincs
but close enough :p

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by LvSLoLo
...and looked as if it was dumping something out the bottom of it that was shining silver kind of looked like glitter...

I had an eerie feeling of familiarity when I read that part..

...might have seen that more than once..

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join