It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO in thorne, doncaster right now

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   
is it still around docaster ? or does any one know where direction its going... am in grimsby so ill keep a look out

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by justwokeup

The more you get of the same object, from more angles, from more reputable people, the more reliable it gets!

Skytwitter?

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by kamatty
how close to the airplane was it? how many times did it fly aaround the airplane? was it a passenger airplane? what size was it in relation to the airplane?
From what i watched id say it circled the airplane 5 times but not from tip to tail it went over and under and yes it was a passenger airplane from what i could tell its dark outside but from what i could see it was defonatly the right shape for it, hmmmm the size is hard becouse when it got brighter it looked hell of alot bigger but from the first time i seen it judging from the light at the time id say it was just over half the size of the passenger airplane but when the light got brighter it looked around 1 and a half times bigger than the plane.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Rising Against

It's completely understandable that you didn't think to get pictures of it. The only time I saw something strange in the sky, almost 20 years ago, I didn't think anything about taking pictures. I was to awestruck and busy staring even though I saw it for plenty long enough to take pics if I had a camera on me, which I didn't (20 years ago).

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by wtbengineer

Well i did have my phone in my hand while looking at it but i was texting details to my gf of what i was looking at but as i said before even if i tried it would of been useless iphone cameras are not very good

edit on 9-1-2012 by LvSLoLo because: mistake

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by LvSLoLo

is it still in the sky or has it moved away ?

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   
phone/email your local rag, they might do a little story on it, and someone else might have seen it, and had some decent enough equiptment close to hand to record it.

Nothing on youtube yet.

How can we find out what flight it is? Maybe there's a whole load of people about to land with an incredible story to tell. (or they're in a room with some dude with a big red flashy thing
)

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   
I've just had browse around the skies of my area since i read this, i live in northern Barnsley so not too far away, from my house i can see all of Barnsley, all of Wakefield. All i could see was the S Yorkshire police helicopter hovering over Barnsley, the W Yorkshire (police maybe air ambulance) moving quickly from west to north from Wakefield to Pontefract/Castleford and an aeroplane that was quite low going over my village from the east (Doncaster).

Still keeping my eyes open but they were the only low flying vehicles i could see, the rest were just 4 or 5 high flying planes

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by rikgrimsby

I havent been back outside to see but according to my brother its gone but who knows it might of just moved your way just keep an eye out it might appear

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by LvSLoLo

thanks ill have a loook now

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Acidtastic
phone/email your local rag, they might do a little story on it, and someone else might have seen it, and had some decent enough equiptment close to hand to record it.

Nothing on youtube yet.

How can we find out what flight it is? Maybe there's a whole load of people about to land with an incredible story to tell. (or they're in a room with some dude with a big red flashy thing
)

www.robinhoodairport.com...

if he came straight in to post then this coul be the flight.....

FR2701 Tenerife-South 19:00 18:55 Landed 18:47

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by kamatty

It might be that flight or the 1 right afterwards becouse the airplane that it happend to circled 3 more times before landing from what i could see im not sure if it was circling the object or just the flight path but it got pretty close to the object everytime it circled

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   
so the object was in the same place and only came close to the airplane when the airplane circled and came around next to it?

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by kamatty
so the object was in the same place and only came close to the airplane when the airplane circled and came around next to it?
No at first the object was following the airplane then it circled it under and over as i stated earlier then it randomly stopped and the airplane circled 3 times around my village but got close to the object so im guessing they did see it

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   
im sure if a bright object half the size of the plane circled under and over it someone onboard seen it. im sure lots of people would have seen it. hopefully we will hear about this from someone/somewhere else.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   
I'm going to throw my two taters into this mix, because yesterday, in Huddersfield I saw something that I could not identify, hovering stationary in the air at roof height over some fields. It wasn't a bird, it wasn't a plane (and no it wasn't superman) - I only caught the very briefest of glances and it was gone, but it was definitely weird.

Something odd in the skies over Yorkshire?

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by justwokeup

Agreed, I honestly thought that already existed, the entrepreneur in me is tingling now.

To get rid of the idiots spamming it you could code it such that reports with multiple entries (witnesses) are validated though an algorithm. And it really wouldn't be that bad if you work with geolocalisation (except for cities with really high pop). There could be fake or stupid reports but it would only affect the people near that location, not the whole.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Alkolyk

Feel free to put my name on the original idea!!

and sign me up!

Got say this though, theres gunna be some heck of a tonne of lantons and LED kites to sift through!

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by wtbengineer

To be honest I really do wish I went to my mobile and got my camera out now, even though it would've been pretty terrible quality (to say the least). Unfortunately though this time I just didn't think to do so, and I guess (since I saw some others complaining about the lack of pics) for that reason I apologize. I certainly didn't think someone else would see the same thing and I thought it was even more unlikely someone would see it and then post it on ATS.

What I saw was very weird though, and like I said before I am tempted to say it was a plane - but on the other hand I couldn't really say it was with any conviction to be honest. It was similar to how they look at night and at a distance, but it was a lot brighter, lower down and not forgetting it was hovering for around 20 minutes or so. I don't think it was a Chinese lantern of any kind as well, I see those thing's all the time and they're usually my "go to response" on such thing's really.

I guess I'm actually stumped here. For the first time in my life I think I say honestly say I saw something truly unusual in the skies.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   
I've just submitted my "sighting" to this website here: www.uk-ufo.co.uk...

It says it takes around 48 hours to review.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join