It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Europe and US Be Aware - Winter Is Returning...

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 08:52 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Second warning... PLEASE stay on topic or don't post.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Looks like if the jet stream doesnt move east Im safe in Mass, well at least from the weather not the bleeding heart liberals

Ive been enjoying the weather as it is. Saving on heating oil and firewood. Our cars are staying salt free and the roads arent getting all full of pot holes. Why the hell do I even live in this part of the country

Bill

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Well I will agree that this was a well produced and lengthy intro. i have read as much on the Farmers Almanac. The weeks reflecting the cold weather might have been plus or minus a week, but the basic information netted the same results, and in only about one paragraph of about 70 words or so. That's not to take anything away from the thread OP, just that it seemed a scosh sensationalized. Regardless, we will have some more cold before we leave winter behind, there's no doubt about that. But my belief is that this winter will come out as having been one of the mildest in some time, maybe a decade or two. It just makes me think that the spring and summer, especially the summer, will be that much hotter, having less cold to overcome in the heating process. I really don't pay much attention to exotic avitars or their followings, it's more likely those like me, who seldom post a thread or have little recognition, tend usually to be more like minded in our ways of thinking. I am personally enjoying the definite lack of cold and the heating costs involved. Plus.........I recently bought a nice little Mercedes 450SL 'Convertible'. Maybe by March I'll get my crop in and head out to Cali for a month to visit friends and family, so what could be nicer than a soft-top luxury car and time to enjoy it. I might put the top down by weeks end.......

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   
www.wunderground.com...

My favorite weather site
can even look up solar and wind data if your looking into alternative energy sources.

Bill

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Awesome Thread Op!!!

Too bad there are jealous trolls all over this site, otherwise all the posts would have been enjoyable as well.

I have been thinking there will be a sudden snow event here in Tennessee over the next month or two. Why? Because the weather has been soooo off it isn't even funny! I see what looks to be a shift as well and our local weather is saying we may get a mix tomorrow with colder temps coming in.... FINALLY!

Now, I am not a big fan of cold weather but I think, "If it is going to be cold...SNOW"! At least when it snows you can bundle up and go out and play in it, otherwise it serves no personal purpose for me to enjoy.

Again, very well thought out and worded thread my friend!!

S & F just because this thread IS that good.... and I mention that I AM S&F to rub in it the faces of all the troll haters!!

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Came online to a Special Weather Alert this morning.
Expecting snow, wind and cold beginning Wed.
Good timing for this thead OP - shows you really
did your research.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Grab your gain of salt but here's my two cents.

My chickens (Buff Orphingtons) have not laid any eggs for a month or two. They usually lay eggs all through winter.
We noticed when they quit laying that they started to eat like crazy, not like other years. I have never seen their feathers so thick and they are still molting.
I hatched some eggs a while ago and the chics are pretty much fully grown now. Because chickens hatch 50% males, 50% females you must do something with the males. A rooster can handle around 12 hens. (If there are too many roosters to hens, they can stop egg production and/or kill the hens.) They are free-range (in an electric fence), so I usually let them grow to the time they start to mate, then start to cull the roosters. The roosters should have started to mate but have not, not sure why. I have already started to cull some, and while processing them I noticed that they have more fat than I have ever seen. Which they should because of the way they have been eating.
So, if you have ever heard of farmers watching their animals for weather that is coming, I would have to agree with the OP, it's about to get cold.
edit on 10-1-2012 by BelieveInEnoch because: missed words

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by BelieveInEnoch

Your right about the animals, but you should be watching the trees too. Around here (Central NY) the apple trees were just bursting with apples, same with the Butternut trees, my grandfather used to always say that was a sign of a hard winter. Only this ones coming a little later then usual.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Well goodness, I sure hope you're right - this mild weather since Xmas is horrid, I love the cold, biting wind, rain and snow, can't get enough of it - as soon as Spring comes around every year I just dread the temperature rising and Summer coming, once Autumn hits, I feel human again.

Bring it on!

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   
My Farmers Almanac states and I quote, " The change of the PDO (Pacific Decadal Oscillation) to its cold phase in 2010, and the expected change of the AMO (Atlantic Multidecadal Oscillation) to its cold phase in 2012 should combine to bring a gradual cooling of the atmosphere over the coming decade, offset by any warming caused by greenhouse gases."

So the almanac is predicting periods of much cooler temps....hmmmmm....yesterday we had how many tornadoes is Texas? Last night we had thunderstorms here in NC...Its just all too weird for me.

The almanac also talks about how it is due to Solar Cycle 24 and that we really don't have much of a La Nina either, but the Weather Channel keeps bringing LaNina up as if it is a huge playing factor...I don't know who to believe anymore.

My plan? Prepare for the worst and hope for normalcy....

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by jrmcleod

Thanks. Just commenting yesterday how warm and unusual the weather has been in Central Oregon. Thanks for the heads up because when it gets cold here, it gets really cold. Will put up more wood and store some more water thanks to you. Knew we were not getting out of this winter without the usual snow and colddddd.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Thanks jrmcleod.

What do you think the chances are of another mini ice-age in the near future ?

All the best,

QV.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptainInstaban

It's because i have never seen fall come in the middle of december.Nor have i seen the extreme drought and fires that we had in 2011.I have never seen clover grow in december the way it is flourishing here in texas.The weather seems to be far from normal where i am.All this leads me to believe that when the trees start to bud in the spring that there will be a freeze and destroy most of the fruit crop.So i came across a thread where someone is trying to make heads or tails of all this so i flagged the thread in support of member contributions.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by DelightfulDruid

it gets really cold. Will put up more wood and store some more water thanks to you........... Knew we were not getting out of this winter without the usual snow and colddddd.

That´s just hilarious. You already knew it would come, obviously, but you are also claiming that without the OP you would not have known about it.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by crazydaisy

I live in Northwest Indiana too and I can't believe how nice it is today! You know once it starts getting cold, good 'ol Lake Michigan is gonna make up for lost time! At least my kids can put their new sleds and snowball guns to use that they got for Christmas. My son loves the snow, but as for me, I can live without it!

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join